Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame (3751 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale / Tunde Bakare inducted into Nairaland Politics Section Of Hall Of Fame 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2010
Shortly after been given the job of moderating this section, I rolled out a number of initiatives under the thread: TOWARD A BETTER SECTION https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=490739.msg6510119#msg6510119

Part of what I said we will be doing was starting Nairaland Politics Section Hall of Fame/Shame.
I wrote thus:
3, Hall of Fame/Hall of Shame: Part of my initiative to make this forum fun-filled, is to open a thread called NL Politics section Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame. At the end of every month we shall be inducting a personality(not Nairalanders, but our political leaders, etc) that has been in the news for the wrong reason in the month for the former hall and for the right reason(if any) for the positive reason for the latter category. It’s gonna be interesting

Dis Guy, a respected forum member, suggested that we make it annual instead of monthly as I was mooting. I agreed with him.

So here is the maiden edition. We are selecting OUTSTANDING NIGERIAN POLITICAL PERSONALITY OR PUBLIC FIGURE in the outgoing year and inducting him/her into our NAIRALAND HALL OF FAME.

Similarly, we are selecting a NIGERIAN POLITICAL PERSONALITY OR PUBLIC FIGURE that has been in the news for wrong reasons in the year and inducting him into NAIRALAND HALL OF SHAME.

SOME CRITERIA:
-The person must be a Nigerian
-He must be a public figure or political personality
-His wrong or bad doing must have been discussed on Nairaland Politics Section here
-The outstanding/shameful act must have been done in 2010. So pls don't tell us you are nominating IBB because he kiled Dele Giwa or you are nominating Nuhu Ribadu because he arrested Tafa Balogun.
-No arbitrariness please. Tell us what he/she did to deserve the nomination and back up with link or past thread.

STAGE 1: Nomination (9-16 December, 2010)
STAGE 2: Poll for the top 3 nominated (16-30 December, 2010)

Please let's bolden our nominations for ease of compiling.

Start nominating.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Blazay(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2010
gej. cool Shame department.

Reason?
Where do I start now? undecided
I dey go come first.
1. Lack of confidence in himself being the ultimate puppet on strings. No originality and absolutely no vision for himself, not to talk of for Nigeria.

Atiku. cool Fame department.
I love his 'sucker punches'.
1. He sticks to issues and responds to his critics in a timely fashion and with one blow seven akpus each.
His critics are never back for a return match. grin

For example. I dey laugh. . .We too dey laugh o!

OBJ=dead!
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Beaf: 8:04am On Dec 10, 2010
I suggest Atiku for stealing huge sums of money in the past, yet having the audacity to run for president in 2011.

Atiku was famously caught by the United States Senate, laundering 40 billion [/b]stolen from Nigeria.

Shame on Atiku!

I also suggest Turai, Tanimu Yakubu, Yusuf Tilde, Abba Ruma, Aliero, Onoedieva, Onanefe Ibori, Peter Odili, Aondokaa, Umaru Musa Yar Adua, Mangal, Tanko Yakasai, Kanti Bello, Adamu Ciroma, Lawal Kaita, Ibrahim Babangida (Satan) and all other members of the [b]cabal

Shame on the cabal!
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by slap1(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2010
JAMES IBORI ------- HALL OF SHAME.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-563712.0.html

PATRICK OBAGHIAGBON -------- HALL OF FAME for his ability to speak his mind ”legislative rascality and parliamentary gambadoism” , and fooling all the senators with his[b] ”unreserved apologia.”[/b]
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-556251.0.html

Will come up with more names later.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by muhsin(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2010
Shame:

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should have incontestably won this with his statement in the aftermath of October 1 tragic bomb blast in Abuja, when he unwisely made utterances that are plainly unpresidential, sectional and very parochial. He boldly absolved the terrorist group, Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND) that took responsibility of the dastard act, adding that he knew who the attackers were. The president portrayed his real image—tribal bigot who’s so sentimental and temperamental—to the Nigerians, particularly Northerners, and the whole world.

Fame:

Chief Raymond Dokpesi; the name, although already famous, wasn't known beyond the Southern Nigeria boarders. But now, after his unfazed support for IBB's presidential bid and his directorship of the man's campaign organization, widens across Nigerian soil. Everybody, not until recently after the emergence of Atiku as the so-called Northern consensus candidate, talked about him (Dokpesi).
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by slap1(m): 11:29am On Dec 10, 2010
muhsin:

Fame:

Chief Raymond Dokpesi; the name, although already famous, wasn't known beyond the Southern Nigeria boarders. But now, after his unfazed support for IBB's presidential bid and his directorship of the man's campaign organization, widens across Nigerian soil. Everybody, not until recently after the emergence of Atiku as the so-called Northern consensus candidate, talked about him (Dokpesi).

You just gave [political] fame a new, ridiculously pitiable name. Kudos! The disparity between fame and notoriety is still there for even the blind to see!
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by muhsin(m): 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
slap1:

You just gave [political] fame a new, ridiculously pitiable name. Kudos! The disparity between fame and notoriety is still there for even the blind to see!

I suppose fame is fame no matter the way it's brought forth. Though there's another designation for the notorious fame, i.e. infamy, right?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Ibime(m): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2010
Both are lawyers. One used his skill to the betterment of the nation, whilst the other used his skill to the nations detriment.

Hall of Shame - AONDOAKA:

For presiding over the public and constitutional farce that sullied Nigerias international reputation during the YarADua death saga. Also for being banned by NBA.

Gani Fawehimni - Passed to glory this year. Probably the greatest Nigerian of all time.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2010
Gani Fawehimni - Passed to glory this year. Probably the greatest Nigerian of all time.
For the first time, I'm reading an inaccurate comment from Ibime.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by slap1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
Jarus:

Haha, we are all guilty of inaccuracy. Gani died on 5th September, 2009.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Ibime(m): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
Hmmmm. . .time flies!
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Ibime(m): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
Oya, I nominate Sanusi for Hall of Fame
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Boboribo: 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
Fame=ACN

Shame=GEJ+BEAF
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
Boboribo:

Fame=ACN

Shame=GEJ+BEAF

Bad boy. grin
Is Beaf a public figure?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by aljharem(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
fame= fashola

because he better than the thief tinubu that has destroyed lagos

shame= ciroma that says he is repersenting the north but there is no effect of his leadership angry

also beaf/feab this boy is a virus to this website angry angry

fstranger because he is gay man  angry angry

also igboigbo is so tribalist that it scares me cry cry igbo for that matter
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Boboribo: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
@Jarus - tell me the difference between GEJ and BEAF?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by aljharem(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
Boboribo:

@Jarus - tell me the difference between GEJ and BEAF?

gbammmm

pls tell us
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by slap1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^^^^ YOU GUYS ARE DERAILING THIS THREAD. NOMINATE WHO YOU WANT TO AND GET THE 'ELL OUT.
@Topic. Hall of Shame: David Mark and Oladimeji Bankole for reasons that are too numerous and obvious to mention.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by houvest: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2010
Within 2010, He rose from a VP to AgP to substantive President and a  full term President-in-waiting. He led Nigeria into her Jubilee, has held the Nation together and despite few misteps has remained focussed in governance, introducing a novel interactive internet accessibility to the presidency for the first time in Nigeria if not Africa through his Facebook page. He has rolled out a realisable plan for the power sector and will soon roll out his economic blueprint. Despite all his success stories from a teacher to a DGov to Gov to VP, AgP and now President and president in waiting  in a matter of years, he remains unassuming ,simple and humble, The recent wikileaks exposes have re-affirmed his sincerety. His traducers just make  hasty and generic verdicts of incompetence and cluelessness without any definitive issues to point to just as a way to call a dog a bad name in order to hang it. They accuse him of attempting to bribe SNG but the leader of the group had come out to debunk it. They accuse him of not honouring a vague and unconstitutional party zoning arrangement instead of eulogising him for defending the constitution he swore to. They call him weak and fearful and forget how he fired Aondaaka, Dambazu, IGP Onovo and the entire Military and Security Command and is presently taking on the oldest and toughest cabal in black Africa. Please give it up for Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for NL Hall of Fame.

2 Innoson for his bold and innovative stride in the Auto Industry
3/ The Nigerian Army contingent that restored sanity to Aba and the SE
4/ Gov Chibuike Amechi for his acts and ways in Rivers State exemplified in his 606060 schemes.
5/ The Judiciary for some landmark judgements in Ekiti and Osun States as they had done in Anambra, and Rivers previously.

Hall of Shame Nominees
1 Osisikankwu and his horde of kidnappers for holding Aba and the Nation by the jugular for several months killing many innocent Nigerians one of whom is a personal Doctor-Friend.
2/ The Fulani cattle rearers that  cowardly and viciously hacked to death innocent  Birom children and women in Plateau State
3/Turai yaradua and her  Katsina mafia  for nearly plunging the Nation into bloodshed
4/ Yerima for paedophilia thereby working against the laws of the FGN that he is sworn as a senator to uphold
5/ Governor Oji for losing control of security in his state and for running the state aground with  little or no development projects after 3 and half years in the saddle.
6/Gov Ohakim for 419 governance in Imo State fully displayed in his fleecing of unemployed graduates with the promise of jobs and  also for several reports of physical abuse of citizens.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by houvest: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
Jarus:

Oh Please!
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Boboribo: 4:48pm On Dec 10, 2010
@houvest - on GEJ you must be from the moon.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by houvest: 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2010
Boboribo:

@houvest - on GEJ you must be from the moon.

Well Can you dispassionately and with facts rebutt any of my points. If not please make your own nominations and leave me to my judgements.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by houvest: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
@ Jarus
May I nominate Julian Asange as an Honorary member to the Hall of Fame.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
Unfortunately, we are restricting it to Nigerians.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Boboribo: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
@houvest - at least I agreed with you on your hall of shame nominees.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Kilode1: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
Shame: Michael Aondoaaka, for exemplifying the callous nature of a typical Nigerian leader. He is a good example of the rot in the Nigerian political leadership. For shamelessly lying at the risk of plunging Our country and our people into a possible conflict due to his treachery and incompetence and finally for not commiting Harakiri in shame. I hope his family are not proud of him. SMH

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396222.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-392467.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-398843.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-473327.0.html

[b]Fame: Lamido Sanusi, [/b]for showing us that it's possible to be in public service and hold a contrarian opinion. For standing up to authority and refusing to double speak. For speaking truth to power and encouraging us to do the same. He's not perfect and that says a lot about the quality of leadership we have.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560491.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-564995.0.html

P.S: wish we can posthumously give is to Gani Fawehinmi SAM(Senior Advocate of the Masses) RIP Baba. . .
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by Boboribo: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
U cant give a President all the thumbs up & not give him the flaks. Its either he falls in d shame group or none at all.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by houvest: 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
Jarus:

Unfortunately, we are restricting it to Nigerians.

Ok Then but I used the word 'honorary' not de facto. An honorary list could include non Nigerians as well as late ones.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by revomind(m): 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2010
Hall of fame : Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
For the ABUsite's exemplary courage calling the bluff of the immoral senators.

Hall of shame : Ibrahim Babangida. For his display of crass opportunism, remaining quiet during Yar Adua's illness and Jonathan's emergence as Acting President only for him to declare his ambition after the man's death. Also for transforming from an ex military president to a divisive and very sectionalist activist for zoning.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by revomind(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2010
Hall of fame : Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Hall of shame : Ibrahim Babangida. For his display of crass opportunism, remaining quiet during Yar Adua's illness and Jonathan's emergence as Acting President only for him to declare his ambition after the man's death. Also for transforming from an ex military president to a divisive and very sectionalist activist for zoning. [b][/b]
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by revomind(m): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2010
Hall of fame : Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Hall of shame : Ibrahim Babangida. For his display of crass opportunism, remaining quiet during Yar Adua's illness and Jonathan's emergence as Acting President only for him to declare his ambition after the man's death. Also for transforming from an ex military president to a divisive and very sectionalist activist for zoning. [b][/b]
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Fame/Shame by sochan: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2010
hall of Fame = None

Hall of Shame = All Nigerians, for failing to appriciate the true nature of our troubles, and taking a selfless, passionate and commited effort toward fixing Her. For not recognising that todays hardwork and hope, means a future bright for our children. For still not understanding the significance of voting right in 2011, and why getting 2011 right must be the most important thing in every right thinking adult in Nigeria

(1) (2)

Pictures Of Arik Air's Maiden Flight To Dubai / Buhari To Serving Govt Officials- 'stay Away From My Residence...walks Out Custo / Rivers Governor-elect, Nyeson Wike, A Goner; INEC Document Exposes Massive Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.