Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents (47561 Views)

4 Friends Betray Their Friend By Sleeping With Her Rich Boyfriend / Snake Given To Woman By Native Doctor To Make Her Rich Start Having Sex With Her / Lady Turns Down Her Rich Boyfriend Who Proposed To Her With A Lamborghini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Yxxx: 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gforce2015:

Oga, double your Hussle
This is not about doubling hussle o. This particular money of this couple seems to miss it's way.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
xreal:
I think the right time for the guy to do the right thing is now.

Is it not the bride who should caution the groom's spending? Or she no go chop again after wedding, she no go wear cloth?

FTC dedicated to men who are under the remote control , bondage affluence of wife's super rich parents. One day, dem go dictate where and when not to shit.
that guy na Sissy
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by gforce5: 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2020
If this story is true, (too many fake stories on Nairaland) then it's the case of a guy from a poor background who made some money and a rich ajebutter. Many guys who suddenly make some money feel that they can marry a rich chick and bring her to submission. Rich girls do not understand what it means to live modestly. The guy ought to have seen this coming from their early stages of courtship.

You cannot separate a rich girl from her family or circle. A wise man would have established a rapport with the in-laws so that they will have his back in case there is any misunderstanding with the wife. The advantage of marrying into a rich family is that they will not be a financial burden on you. They could also help you to expand your business or career through their connections. This is how several old moneyed families such as Russell & Bromley were established. Unfortunately, Nigerian men are too short sighted to understand this and allow their ego to control their decisions.

7 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Lets imagine bride's father is Otedola, definitely he will want to invite his friends Dangote, Tony Elumelu etc to grace the wedding...he will not want to be seen below standard.

Are you going to say Otedola should not sponsor his daughter's wedding?

OP, find a middle ground if bride's father wants to sponsor, let him go ahead.

It is the marriage that is the most important, not wedding day.
. That is if the bride family treat him with RESPECT.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by salt1: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
americaninja1:
if Ino give dem tfare make dey no come nw.. ori won baje

Why the curse?
I want people who will go for cross cultural marriage to understand this.
It has destroyed a few Igbo/Yoruba would-have-been marriages.
The girl's family hosts the traditional marriage, which for Igbos, is the real marriage when the girl is handed over to the man's family.
Any other celebration in Church or court is the couple's business and both parents are coming as invitees.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by AfroKnight: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
mezarddinny:
that man must be a fool. you wife's father wants to sponsor your wedding and you are angry? instead of you to pocket your money and let him spend his, invest your money well and when the gain comes, you will have your own respect and probably refund his money if you care to.

while some men are looking for a wife whose family can help their success you are forming strong head, don't you know that marrying into a rich family has more advantages than disadvantages? oh i think i get the kind of man he is, the one that wants his woman to worship the ground he walks on because of his money, since the wife is also from a rich family, he won't get that and he is insecure.

my brothers use your heads o, the rich are getting richer because they make smarter decisions, every decision they make is about how they can multiply their money, they don't let emotions or anything becloud their judgement, they must make money even if it is by letting their wife's family think lowly of them, once they make the money they are looking for, they challenge their in-laws and take back their respect. osinbajo married into an influential family but now he is the vice president and his in-laws cant say shit to him

Lol. I don’t understand the Osinbajo angle cos that man went to Corona Primary School. Na big man pikin o. Forget.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Neddyogu(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
The funny thing be say at the end of the day if he decides to do a full wedding, the girls Parents can gift him anything above 1m as wedding cash gift and he will recover his expenses.

Cash gifts from all the wedding guests on that day can run into millions (wedding guest will be buoyant coz of the inlaws involved)

Some families will rather get them a car gift as against cash, some parents will include his name in the shares of their coy, I have seen this happen a lot.

it all depends on how buoyant the family is at the time.

All of these I have seen with my eyes, not nollywood

Some big men do not drop ooo. Being rich is different from being generous oo. Nobody announces cash donations at weddings o abi u don see where dem announce Moni for wedding reception?
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by larryking540: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:
Upcoming husband is a mumu man!
You have 4M and you want to use 2M for honeymoon
Upcoming wife fit no be virgin and you want to spent 2M for honeymoon.
You want low key wedding but high class honeymoon. Didirin!

What's so special about dubia ,can't they go to telapia beach in Calabar ,I don't understand wat is so special about dubia?any way sha na when they come they go just know say the joy of coming to dubia expires after leaving the dubia airport
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by larryking540: 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2020
Jaubdu:
. That is if the bride family treat him with RESPECT.
The last time I check ,a daddy girl doesn't last in marriage oooo

Who get ear make them hear o,,,,,,

If na after marriage the girls father decide to sponsor op friend trip abroad no problem ...but marriage op u better tell ur friend to use his own money o

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by larryking540: 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
spiritedtete:
Hmm no future inlaw of mine will stop me from giving my daughter or even my adopted daughters their dream wedding...!

But you and I kw that when you make it obvious that you the father of the bride sponsor the wedding,you will lack respect for the guy ,,,u fit even say make he con wash your motor ,

Don't tell me you can't do that ,money no matter how small it is brings respect
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by ttmacoy: 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2020
We don't know if that is all the money he has or the amount he can spare for the wedding.

Davash222:
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by ttmacoy: 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
But it sets the ground for future interventions by the wife's family. Trust me at some point it will come back and bite you in the ass.

mezarddinny:
that man must be a fool. you wife's father wants to sponsor your wedding and you are angry? instead of you to pocket your money and let him spend his, invest your money well and when the gain comes, you will have your own respect and probably refund his money if you care to.

while some men are looking for a wife whose family can help their success you are forming strong head, don't you know that marrying into a rich family has more advantages than disadvantages? oh i think i get the kind of man he is, the one that wants his woman to worship the ground he walks on because of his money, since the wife is also from a rich family, he won't get that and he is insecure.

my brothers use your heads o, the rich are getting richer because they make smarter decisions, every decision they make is about how they can multiply their money, they don't let emotions or anything becloud their judgement, they must make money even if it is by letting their wife's family think lowly of them, once they make the money they are looking for, they challenge their in-laws and take back their respect. osinbajo married into an influential family but now he is the vice president and his in-laws cant say shit to him
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by mixratio(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
[quote author=mezarddinny post=86170973]that man must be a fool. you wife's father wants to sponsor your wedding and you are angry? instead of you to pocket your money and let him spend his, invest your money well and when the gain comes, you will have your own respect and probably refund his money if you care to.

That's all. Case closed. All said.
Nobody should say anything again.
This guy has said it all
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by babyfaceafrica: 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
gforce5:
If this story is true, (too many fake stories on Nairaland) then it's the case of a guy from a poor background who made some money and a rich ajebutter. Many guys who suddenly make some money feel that they can marry a rich chick and bring her to submission. Rich girls do not understand what it means to live modestly. The guy ought to have seen this coming from their early stages of courtship.

You cannot separate a rich girl from her family or circle. A wise man would have established a rapport with the in-laws so that they will have his back in case there is any misunderstanding with the wife. The advantage of marrying into a rich family is that they will not be a financial burden on you. They could also help you to expand your business or career through their connections. This is how several old moneyed families such as Russell & Bromley were established. Unfortunately, Nigerian men are too short sighted to understand this and allow their ego to control their decisions.

That is why everyone should stay within their class, TO AVOID THIS TYPE OF STORIES
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
gforce5:

You have no idea of how uncultured and arrogant some ladies from a very rich family can be - as in, overly spoilt brat, who reasons only in currency, with no head to "su", let alone "submit" to the husband. The worst is that their dad don't see the need to do anything about it before giving them out in marriage. After all, there is enough money to cover up whatever lapses. As a matter of fact, their dad is their real husband, except in the area of sexual intimacy.

See, not every man is a gold-digger o. What is the essence of getting the business connections and additional money that the wife will use to nag your head off? Reminding you that her family did not only foot the wedding but also made you financially strong, hence you ought to do their bidding (technically, their slave). Even threaten you in places where you exert your authority as a husband. Where, every major decision in the family would be subjected to her family's conclusion and preference. And there is little or nothing you can say or do about it because her family is rich - heavily connected and could deal with you ruthlessly, the very same way they lifted you out of poverty.

Please don't get me wrong, this does not apply to all rich families. There are rich families that have allowed the word of God or their good culture to adequately regulate them from the "excesses of wealth", and they turn out awesome. So I think any man venturing such marriage should create lots of time with the lady and her family to really get to know them deeply. With this, he can foresee the blessings or troubles they would bring to him if he conclude to marry her. But I think the best is to marry a lady within your jurisdiction (grade) in respect to finance, age, and other important aspects. Marriage should not be a misery, by trying to use it to get more money.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by SmartyPants(m): 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:

Makes a lot of sense. Why spend so much for other people to come and eat on your behalf when you can take the money and go enjoy yourself?
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Bruno3000(m): 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
stobery:
I support the guy 100%

I rather do spend all 4m on d wedding than allow him sponsor my wedding

I will then make him chairman of the occasion so he can donate big for honey moon

Sense will not kill me grin
aswear, sense will not Lee u grin
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by GoodFaith: 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
Girl's family usually pay for the wedding
In the developed world

2 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by spiritedtete: 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
larryking540:

But you and I kw that when you make it obvious that you the father of the bride sponsor the wedding,you will lack respect for the guy ,,,u fit even say make he con wash your motor ,

Don't tell me you can't do that ,money no matter how small it is brings respect

When children grow... allow them to grow properly... everyone deserves some respect, there is a difference between wedding and marriage...

I don't have to interfere in their marriage, but for wedding it not just the husband business .. it is mine business aswell. It is a dream come through day for me... infact in some tribe, the brides family gets the wedding bills...

Especially in yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by larryking540: 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2020
spiritedtete:

When children grow... allow them to grow properly... everyone deserves some respect, there is a difference between wedding and marriage...

I don't have to interfere in their marriage, but for wedding it not just the husband business .. it is mine business aswell. It is a dream come through day for me... infact in some tribe, the brides family gets the wedding bills...

Especially in yoruba land.

Bro u go interfer ,even if u don't want to but u will unknownly interfere ,,,let the young grow,,,let the young man know how it feels to chest out bills for wedding ,and also let your daughter know she is under the hands of her man now ,not u flagging up your agbada claiming big man where ur son in law day most times u need to lock up and observe from far

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by wristbangle: 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
This intending couple got serious issue pertaining to financial prudence.

The groom has N4m and wants to blow N2m on honey moon trip to only dunai when he can budget N800k for himself and wife with a travel agency, get nice vacation packages in Dubai, Oman and Singapore plus surplus food and more tourist attractions to behold.

On the other hand, the wife is a spending spree. With N1m, they can have quality wedding celebration if well planned.

I understand the groom does not want his reputation dampens with his in-laws but they are the ones who want to spend, so why the fuss?

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Opeyemi4real(m): 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
stobery:
I support the guy 100%

I will then make him chairman of the occasion so he can donate big for honey moon

no. Sense at all. Your father in law as chairman of the day
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Yxxx:

This is not about doubling hussle o. This particular money of this couple seems to miss it's way.

Aalaye double your Hussle. If like talk about it from morning till midnight nothing go enter your pocket.
Make your own money and save your face from future shame.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by excessmon(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2020
My guy
stobery:
I support the guy 100%

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by americaninja1: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
It’s nt a curse tho. Somebody cannot play with u.thanks for d enlightenment. Do u know about the Hausa marriage
salt1:

Why the curse?
I want people who will go for cross cultural marriage to understand this.
It has destroyed a few Igbo/Yoruba would-have-been marriages.
The girl's family hosts the traditional marriage, which for Igbos, is the real marriage when the girl is handed over to the man's family.
Any other celebration in Church or court is the couple's business and both parents are coming as invitees.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Mac2016(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
Foolish guy, what type of wedding was he expecting the father of his wife to be to bring his rich friends to. The type that will mock him and his family?
He also wanted to create an Eldorado for the babe with expensive lavish honeymoon in dubai and return back to the reality of a low life like their wedding wanted to be.

Nkan ti owo e koto o fe fi gorgor fa...

He doesn't deserve that babe.. He will be dragging her into his poverty..

The bride to be shd just cancel the wedding jor.. But the babe might have given him to much of her body before marriage and be sticking around not to feel like a loser.

4m account to marry rich man pikin...Tueh ..how much be Hall for ikeja sef almost 2m...

2 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by tunjilana: 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2020
See...It even goes beyond this wedding

Trust me you will never be in charge of the family...Lemme tell you how it will play out

1) They will never empower her to stand on her own feet
2) She will still be demanding the same lifestyle she had in her parents house from you even when she contributes little or nothing.
3) They will likely want her to work for them and every reasonable demand you make for her to support out of her earnings will seem like you are asking her parents for money even when the bulk responsibility of running the home is on you
4) You will never be able to take advantage of opportunities that better the family as long as it will impact her relationship with her folks and their bizness(e.g. you want relocate to another state for work/better opportunities or you want to leave the country)
5) They will creep into all of your decisions, where to stay, schools for kids to attend e.t.c.

In summary, any woman that cannot stand on her own feet emotionally, spiritually, materially is a liability. Dont marry her, peace will be far from you except you equally like bn controlled. Sad thing is even when you are doing well and even overtake her folks materially they will still wanna exert control cos they will never stop believing u are same broke guy their daughter married years back

Do yourself a favor, find a woman who is totally independent. even if from a rich home, but has a life of her own and whose responsibility towards her parent doesnt go beyond the regular respect and counseling not one been controlled.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Fisfrank(m): 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Lets imagine bride's father is Otedola, definitely he will want to invite his friends Dangote, Tony Elumelu etc to grace the wedding...he will not want to be seen below standard.

Are you going to say Otedola should not sponsor his daughter's wedding?

OP, find a middle ground if bride's father wants to sponsor, let him go ahead.

It is the marriage that is the most important, not wedding day.
It different, Otedola daughter won't ask her father to sponsor her wedding, her father will only tell them they should GI ahead with there plans and all bills are on him..... In this case the wife to be want to go and meet her father that my dream wedding ooo my husband don't have the money please kindly sponsor us.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2020
Davash222:
Upcoming wife fit no be virgin and you want to spend 2M for honeymoon.

Bia, is't your money?

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Bimpe29: 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
He must not allow them to foot the wedding's bills.
Is not only bad for their union but will give his would be inlaws a leeway to spite him at any slightest opportunity.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by weedfada(m): 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2020
lavylilly:
Only if all men can be like my future husband, there won't be need for a house help.

See future boo,
On Saturdays I know as a business man you can take the day off for family business's sake.
First I prepare breakfast we all eat and get ready for the day's hassle.

I will be in the kitchen cooking lunch.
You will be mopping the floors and tidying our space while the kids will be outside the compound playing,
After that,

You go bath the kids and stay with them while i run a little laundry cos we must have a washing machine so everything will be easy going,

When we are done with house chores..
We can all sleep and rest from the day's hassle and probably perform our marital duty to each other(my favorite part�)..

Some Sundays you can hangout with your friends and do boy's things...
Some Sundays too it would be my turn to leave you with the kids and hangout with my friends and do girls things..
Other Sundays it would be family outing..

On school days
While I wake up to go prepare breakfast and what the kids will take to school,
You are up too bathing the kids and preparing them for school.
Either you or me can DRIVE the kids to school.

While we do this together, the love,the fire and bond in our Union will never quench �.

Oh, of course we both would be earning in our various businesses or job and be bringing money home for our family's welfare...

Other men,
You see why you should all be like my future husband? You see??

To avoid assumed stories of the so called possessed wicked house helps

I come in peace..
Thanks�

No be so life be ooo...
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by apiski(m): 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
Bola146:

Osu mi ooo, so men are still mumu, even some ladies no get sense.
Something tells me I know you from somewhere. Did you do your Youth service in Rivers State?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Ignored Me At A Party She Invited Me To! I Am Confused / Nigerian Man Lists Women Who Are Most Likely To Cheat. / Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.