Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents (47563 Views)

4 Friends Betray Their Friend By Sleeping With Her Rich Boyfriend / Snake Given To Woman By Native Doctor To Make Her Rich Start Having Sex With Her / Lady Turns Down Her Rich Boyfriend Who Proposed To Her With A Lamborghini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by frozen70(f): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2020
bamangar:
Story shared on Twitter by @the_onismate

I was talking with a friend few days back and he said anytime I'm ready to get married, I shouldn't marry any woman from a very rich family with so much attachment to her family. I asked why, he began narrating his wedding journey ordeal.
He's about to wed his woman. He only has N4m but intends spending N150 (court wedding and then feeding the 50 guests they are inviting. Then use N2m for honeymoon in Dubai. But bride no gree. She wants a big wedding.

Upcoming wife said either a big wedding or nothing. And her estimate for the big wedding is N5m.
Upcoming wife said if my guy can't bring out money for the big wedding, she would meet her dad for support. Well, she came from a rich family, her dad will be willing to roll out the cash. But my guy has refused. It would be a crash and dent on his image for upcomingwife to request money from her dad for their wedding.
Few closed family & friends had asked him to yield to up-coming wife's demands for her dad to sponsor the wedding. But my guy said from inception of the relationship, any slightest challenges, she always runs to her dad for solutions and he doesn't like it. He wants to start limiting her going to her parents to seek for solutions to every problems they have.

The girls parents are willing to foot wedding bills just to give their daughter her dream wedding. My guy has refused. Wedding preparations is on hold. My guy no gree, upcoming wife and her rich family no gree.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Onismate/status/1222036512394620928

He has two options

Either he sponsors the wedding at his own budget, stand on his feet without assistance from his inlaw, take full possession on his marriage but should not limit his wife from going to her family, that is not done in any way

Let his wife keep visiting hus family for help one day he will relocate far from them or his wife will be tired of going there for advice

Or he should meet his inlaw, do their bidding on how they want the wedding to be, follow them like sheep and after the wedding, he will remain their puppet and a pushover forever
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by biggy26: 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2020
mezarddinny:
that man must be a fool. you wife's father wants to sponsor your wedding and you are angry? instead of you to pocket your money and let him spend his, invest your money well and when the gain comes, you will have your own respect and probably refund his money if you care to.

while some men are looking for a wife whose family can help their success you are forming strong head, don't you know that marrying into a rich family has more advantages than disadvantages? oh i think i get the kind of man he is, the one that wants his woman to worship the ground he walks on because of his money, since the wife is also from a rich family, he won't get that and he is insecure.

my brothers use your heads o, the rich are getting richer because they make smarter decisions, every decision they make is about how they can multiply their money, they don't let emotions or anything becloud their judgement, they must make money even if it is by letting their wife's family think lowly of them, once they make the money they are looking for, they challenge their in-laws and take back their respect. osinbajo married into an influential family but now he is the vice president and his in-laws cant say shit to him
One plate of nkwobi on me.
Wisdom has departed the guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by biggy26: 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Lets imagine bride's father is Otedola, definitely he will want to invite his friends Dangote, Tony Elumelu etc to grace the wedding...he will not want to be seen below standard.

Are you going to say Otedola should not sponsor his daughter's wedding?

OP, find a middle ground if bride's father wants to sponsor, let him go ahead.

It is the marriage that is the most important, not wedding day.
Well to do parents don't allow children sponsor a wedding they will feature in. The guy cannot meet their standard, so shift.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by tunjilana: 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2020
mezarddinny:
that man must be a fool. you wife's father wants to sponsor your wedding and you are angry? instead of you to pocket your money and let him spend his, invest your money well and when the gain comes, you will have your own respect and probably refund his money if you care to.

while some men are looking for a wife whose family can help their success you are forming strong head, don't you know that marrying into a rich family has more advantages than disadvantages? oh i think i get the kind of man he is, the one that wants his woman to worship the ground he walks on because of his money, since the wife is also from a rich family, he won't get that and he is insecure.

my brothers use your heads o, the rich are getting richer because they make smarter decisions, every decision they make is about how they can multiply their money, they don't let emotions or anything becloud their judgement, they must make money even if it is by letting their wife's family think lowly of them, once they make the money they are looking for, they challenge their in-laws and take back their respect. osinbajo married into an influential family but now he is the vice president and his in-laws cant say shit to him

You really dont understand what control means. They will control you to the point you cant even prosper. You will see opportunities abroad and the father-in-law thru his daughter will tell you she cant move just cos they want her around. You will want to do things and require support from her as a wife(support a regular independent lady with her own job and life cud have given you normally) but will have to get to her parent before she can do that. She wont even have anything of her own, and she will never think of working or starting up something that will make her independent cos all her head is locked into her parents wealth. It is either you go through them or just become a sole everything in the house and to cap it all she will be arrogant and feels entitled to having that life her father tot her to live but never bequeathed to her to live on her own. Men it isnt that straight forward. Absolute independence is key on the part of your spouse.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by baby124: 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
5m is a big wedding... Na wa o! Big man pass big man. And he says his Fiancée is from a rich family undecided. Rich people spend nothing less than 30m on weddings. 5m is a very small wedding to the rich grin

2 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by chukzyfcbb: 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
Neddyogu:

Some big men do not drop ooo. Being rich is different from being generous oo. Nobody announces cash donations at weddings o abi u don see where dem announce Moni for wedding reception?
If the parents are wealthy, thier wedding gifts will be bountiful, one or two stingy rich men changes nothing.

About announcing cash gift, well in Igbo land there is something called "IDU-UNO". it's something they do for their daughters, done after wedding ceremony, at that occasion they mention cash gifts brought by all parents and we'll wishers.(optional tho)

On wedding occasion I have been to, I have heard ofcar gifts, shares allocated to him, landed properties awarded as gift...so it depends on which you have been.

Its not difficult to hit 1million mark in weddings, 10k from 50people is 500k Alone and that's me being modest coz just one society you, your parents or inlaws belong to can gift you that.....anyways I speak from own experience sha

choose ya own smiley

2 Likes

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Rossycee(f): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2020
wonuks:
There's nothing wrong in receiving help from would-be father in-law.

I think the guy has self esteem issues. The gal's Dad have been her provider since childhood So why would she stop when her daddy is richer than you and your father combined.

What if her dad na Dangote? Would you not receive financial help? Abi you wan fall the rich man hand when his friends attend the wedding?

My guy submit to free cash or free the girl and look out for someone else.
Best response..

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Slimsly100(f): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
Bros come, must you marry her?
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by jaxxy(m): 9:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Vortex369:
4m is poor by global standard.

Anybody with 4mill dollars in America is considered very rich. U can buy a house and live a fab life, sadly 4mill naira can barely get u a brand new car. U have a point, the naira is wasted. Lol
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Bola146(f): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
apiski:

Something tells me I know you from somewhere. Did you do your Youth service in Rivers State?

No
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Kobicove(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
If you agree for your father-in-law to sponsor your wedding just know you have surrendered your independence!
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by lasmile(f): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
Be guided
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by GoodFaith: 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
Kobicove:
If you agree for your father-in-law to sponsor your wedding just know you have surrendered your independence!
In a traditional White wedding in the USA the girls family pay for the wedding-- if they have the money
I work with a chines man the daughter is a doctor
The dude is planning on spending about $50k on her daughter's wedding
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by gforce5: 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2020
Bros, I understand rich girls more than you. I grew up with some of them. Most of them are entitled that is a fact. A lot of them are rude. Like I said, the above scenario is a case of new money trying to marry old money. The guy thought that he had arrived by marrying into money only to find out that there are levels. I am in no support of the girl's behavior but the guy ought to have seen the signs from the way she relates to her parents.

While I agree that marriage should not be about materialistic things, what did you think was going to happen when you get involved with those caliber of people? These lots are snobbish by nature. Only their fellow rich kids understand them. That is why you see Politicians linking up their kids with their colleagues kids. The problem with you lots is that you don't know what you want. When you see the wedding of the elites, you complain that they are being discriminatory by not marrying outside their class. Now, they decide to marry outside their circle and you are complaining that they are too proud and rude? Choose a battle.

Do you honestly think that a girl who is used to being flown 1st class will agree to fly economy with you because of love? I know a few guys who are dominated by their rich father-in-laws because they were blinded by the glitzy lifestyle. Have you ever wondered why you would rarely read news of rich girls being victims of domestic violence? It's because if the man tries to exert his authority, he will be arrested or beaten up by thugs courtesy of "daddy dearest". Think about that. The above story is a lesson to guys who dump the girls that struggled with them in order to "marry up".

rawfact:

You have no idea of how uncultured and arrogant some ladies from a very rich family can be - as in, overly spoilt brat, who reasons only in currency, with no head to "su", let alone "submit" to the husband. The worst is that their dad don't see the need to do anything about it before giving them out in marriage. After all, there is enough money to cover up whatever lapses. As a matter of fact, their dad is their real husband, except in the area of sexual intimacy.

See, not every man is a gold-digger o. What is the essence of getting the business connections and additional money that the wife will use to nag your head off? Reminding you that her family did not only foot the wedding but also made you financially strong, hence you ought to do their bidding (technically, their slave). Even threaten you in places where you exert your authority as a husband. Where, every major decision in the family would be subjected to her family's conclusion and preference. And there is little or nothing you can say or do about it because her family is rich - heavily connected and could deal with you ruthlessly, the very same way they lifted you out of poverty.

Please don't get me wrong, this does not apply to all rich families. There are rich families that have allowed the word of God or their good culture to adequately regulate them from the "excesses of wealth", and they turn out awesome. So I think any man venturing such marriage should create lots of time with the lady and her family to really get to know them deeply. With this, he can foresee the blessings or troubles they would bring to him if he conclude to marry her. But I think the best is to marry a lady within your jurisdiction (grade) in respect to finance, age, and other important aspects. Marriage should not be a misery, by trying to use it to get more money.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Exodora: 12:13am On Jan 29, 2020
The only thing I here is Pride .Don't let pride take the whole of you.No matter how rich you are since you are marrying into the rich home , they must contribute in one way or the other.
Because of wedding you want to spoil everything that took you years to nurture. Shame on you.
There's only two phase to your problem: You marry her , her father gives her the eloborate wedding she wants and you are still ok with your #4m ; or You marry a poor slay queen you still give her the eloborate wedding but then you will be broke.

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Enemyofpeace: 12:59am On Jan 29, 2020
Chei see better lock,why me no dey get this kind lock now?

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by giles14(m): 6:37am On Jan 29, 2020
bamangar:
Story shared on Twitter by @the_onismate

I was talking with a friend few days back and he said anytime I'm ready to get married, I shouldn't marry any woman from a very rich family with so much attachment to her family. I asked why, he began narrating his wedding journey ordeal.
He's about to wed his woman. He only has N4m but intends spending N150 (court wedding and then feeding the 50 guests they are inviting. Then use N2m for honeymoon in Dubai. But bride no gree. She wants a big wedding.

Upcoming wife said either a big wedding or nothing. And her estimate for the big wedding is N5m.
Upcoming wife said if my guy can't bring out money for the big wedding, she would meet her dad for support. Well, she came from a rich family, her dad will be willing to roll out the cash. But my guy has refused. It would be a crash and dent on his image for upcomingwife to request money from her dad for their wedding.
Few closed family & friends had asked him to yield to up-coming wife's demands for her dad to sponsor the wedding. But my guy said from inception of the relationship, any slightest challenges, she always runs to her dad for solutions and he doesn't like it. He wants to start limiting her going to her parents to seek for solutions to every problems they have.

The girls parents are willing to foot wedding bills just to give their daughter her dream wedding. My guy has refused. Wedding preparations is on hold. My guy no gree, upcoming wife and her rich family no gree.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Onismate/status/1222036512394620928
if she can't submit let her work,he better use his head no now than cry had I known later.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by GODZY007(m): 8:04am On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=234GT post=86181590]I am confused here. Very confused. Who organises a wedding? Is it the bride's family or the groom himself?
I think the bride's father is the one to organise the wedding based in his capabilities, and the grooms family is to provide financial support to the brides parents.
If my thoughts are wrong, someone should PLEASE enlighten me.

U r very much correct
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 29, 2020
mezarddinny:

Like someone said there is nothing wrong getting married from a rich home, but the lady should have a life and career on her own not a woman who does nothing and depends on Daddy for everything.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 29, 2020
YorubaPrince:
The dude should stand his grounds, dump the b!tch and get a better chic with similar socio-economic status/background.

And you think the girl won't get a better man. The woman is the one doing the favour there. How many rich ladies go below their class?

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by jaxxy(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2020
rawfact:

You have no idea of how uncultured and arrogant some ladies from a very rich family can be - as in, overly spoilt brat, who reasons only in currency, with no head to "su", let alone "submit" to the husband. The worst is that their dad don't see the need to do anything about it before giving them out in marriage. After all, there is enough money to cover up whatever lapses. As a matter of fact, their dad is their real husband, except in the area of sexual intimacy.

See, not every man is a gold-digger o. What is the essence of getting the business connections and additional money that the wife will use to nag your head off? Reminding you that her family did not only foot the wedding but also made you financially strong, hence you ought to do their bidding (technically, their slave). Even threaten you in places where you exert your authority as a husband. Where, every major decision in the family would be subjected to her family's conclusion and preference. And there is little or nothing you can say or do about it because her family is rich - heavily connected and could deal with you ruthlessly, the very same way they lifted you out of poverty.

Please don't get me wrong, this does not apply to all rich families. There are rich families that have allowed the word of God or their good culture to adequately regulate them from the "excesses of wealth", and they turn out awesome. So I think any man venturing such marriage should create lots of time with the lady and her family to really get to know them deeply. With this, he can foresee the blessings or troubles they would bring to him if he conclude to marry her. But I think the best is to marry a lady within your jurisdiction (grade) in respect to finance, age, and other important aspects. Marriage should not be a misery, by trying to use it to get more money.

I hate all this money, money talk, I don’t look at people for what they have bt who they are inside. I’ve seen people with nothing bcom Smtn and those with Smtn bcom nothing.

Marry sm1 u have same ideology with. Period
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Thazard(m): 11:25am On Jan 29, 2020
stobery:
I support the guy 100%

I rather do spend all 4m on d wedding than allow him sponsor my wedding

I will then make him chairman of the occasion so he can donate big for honey moon

Sense will not kill me grin
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by CJ310(m): 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
He should please send me her number. I want to talk her out of it. Shebi he no wan get sense.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
Traditionally, the bride's family hosts the wedding. They sponsor and foot the bill for the wedding. That's the norm.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Stanfeelings: 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
did u even read the text?
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Stanfeelings: 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Davash222:
Upcoming husband is a mumu man!
You have 4M and you want to use 2M for honeymoon
Upcoming wife fit no be virgin and you want to spend 2M for honeymoon.
You want low key wedding but high class honeymoon. Didirin!

Oga, if u couldnt understand the text, beg for reasoning
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Stanfeelings: 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
mezarddinny:

What if tomorrow they tell him to born only 2? what of the decide the soup the wife should cook? it is a bad precedent. this might ridicule him and ruin the marriages. not all gifts are worth it o
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Stanfeelings: 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
BiggyB242:

And you think the girl won't get a better man. The woman is the one doing the favour there. How many rich ladies go below their class?

its like u have complex issue
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2020
Stanfeelings:

its like u have complex issue

Nah bro, we always think we get someone better what make you think she wouldn't?

1 Like

Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Ghokes(m): 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2020
Just know that we know that you are your friend ����
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by Yxxx: 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2020
Gforce2015:

Aalaye double your Hussle. If like talk about it from morning till midnight nothing go enter your pocket.
Make your own money and save your face from future shame.
Oya I don hear. Shame no go see myself.
Re: He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents by GoodFaith: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
gforce5:
Bros, I understand rich girls more than you. I grew up with some of them. Most of them are entitled that is a fact. A lot of them are rude. Like I said, the above scenario is a case of new money trying to marry old money. The guy thought that he had arrived by marrying into money only to find out that there are levels. I am in no support of the girl's behavior but the guy ought to have seen the signs from the way she relates to her parents.

While I agree that marriage should not be about materialistic things, what did you think was going to happen when you get involved with those caliber of people? These lots are snobbish by nature. Only their fellow rich kids understand them. That is why you see Politicians linking up their kids with their colleagues kids. The problem with you lots is that you don't know what you want. When you see the wedding of the elites, you complain that they are being discriminatory by not marrying outside their class. Now, they decide to marry outside their circle and you are complaining that they are too proud and rude? Choose a battle.

Do you honestly think that a girl who is used to being flown 1st class will agree to fly economy with you because of love? I know a few guys who are dominated by their rich father-in-laws because they were blinded by the glitzy lifestyle. Have you ever wondered why you would rarely read news of rich girls being victims of domestic violence? It's because if the man tries to exert his authority, he will be arrested or beaten up by thugs courtesy of "daddy dearest". Think about that. The above story is a lesson to guys who dump the girls that struggled with them in order to "marry up".

You said some interesting things I told men from USA, Canada and UK
going home to marry a banker or people from rich home
there are big issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Ignored Me At A Party She Invited Me To! I Am Confused / Nigerian Man Lists Women Who Are Most Likely To Cheat. / Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.