Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do (3695 Views)

Haitian-Naija Relationship: What do you think? Share your experiences! / A Christian Dating Agency In Nigeria Deviod Of Fraud / Can U Maintain A Long Distance Relationship & What Can U Do To Make It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by bacco2000(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
There's this girl which i asked out she's a muslim and i a christian.and she agreed to be my girlfriend and things were going on smoothly but suddenly things were not going as it used it to. Then i call her she started telling me some sort of stories like i don't think we can proceed in this relationship because of the religion difference but we can still be good friends.
I don't know wat to do. Please advice
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by 190: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2010
It wont work,

4get it,

Muslims like 2 reserve their traditions,

except shes different from the rest
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by bacco2000(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
But at first this girl was telling me that its not a big deal that we're not going to be the first
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by 190: 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2010
hmmm, and her parents

fear the wrath of the parents,
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by orbaxy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
At poster,  "she agreed to be your girlfriend". you sound like a high-school twister.
Sheath your cock and look somewhere else,  wink
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Omolola1(f): 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
I hate those kind of relationships, it wont work xcept u re ready to switch religion and vice versa
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Dyt(f): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
Really i dont c anyth wrong wit diff religions
its individuality
m a muslim n my bf is xtain
i dont c any big deal
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by zubeyr(m): 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
I don't think some Nigerian Muslims women are having issues with dating Christians I know two Hausa  Hijabis Girls who are dating Christians
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by HarryPotter1(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2010
What was on ur mind when you told her about the relationship? you should have gone as far as knowing the girls background whether she a conc muslim or not.but never the less she has told you her mind but if you truely luv her try convincing her i think she will have a turn around since both of you have shared good times together.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by karjard(m): 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
forget it it would not work out.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by kenoyad: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
I tried to date a Muslim girl too, initially she agreed but she did not give me any attention and i stopped calling her. I am now lonely and I like Muslim girls because of little morality that they imbibe by covering their head with scarf or ijab. I am seriously searching for any now even if she is hausa, I dont mind. I need a good moral girl in my life right now. Any link would be appreciated.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Dsense(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2010
OP,
I can't decide why this girl is trying to call it off . . .But to me religion stuff is not as complicated as we always assume it is!
Dyt:

its individuality
i dont c any big deal
Nice 1 . . , Same here!
Me muslim ma girl is xtain. . . . . .No Biggie but understanding matters!!!
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Yorubah(m): 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2010
Even thou you guys try to deal with religion differences your are gonna have problem when it comes to introducing family to it, It wont work so forget it before it gets outta hands
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by stuffs4me(m): 11:48am On Dec 12, 2010
its individuality
i dont c any big deal
am sure u dont know what u r talkin about cos islam dont allow a genuine muslim woman to marry a non muslim

I don't think some Nigerian Muslims women are having issues with dating Christians
whishfull thinking, u r very wrong in any case.

I know two Hausa Hijabis Girls who are dating Christians
dubious statement, pls dont make me laugh
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by amefi(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2010
Hi all, i want to let u kn dat christianity is nw viewed n considered as a general term for those that r nt muslims in Nigeria. Christianity in the early days shortly after the resurration of Christ, was used as a collection or group of people that follwowed the way of Christ while on earth. That is, Christ-like (christian). But today, many people including some pastors who do not conform or share the same idealology as Christ, parrade themselves as christians. What a misconcession! Anyway, it is not all you see in d walls of a church are christians. Many people go to church for different reasons. But God knows His children, n is patient n wud nt want anybody to perish, so His grace covers all including the so called non christians. The word of God however, makes it clear that u shud nt b unequally yoked wit unbelievers. Or can two work together unless they b agreeing?, A true christian wi not go into relationship dat involves emotions wt muslim verse vasa.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Dyt(f): 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2010
Stuffs4me
as i said its individuality rili
wel my own parents dont care weda he is a muslim or nt
infact m nt tribalistic
all dey eva want is a man dat mks me happy
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2010
Dyt:

Stuffs4me
infact m nt tribalistic

Are u a Nigerian? pls, no offense intended.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Dyt(f): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2010
^^^ i m a yoruba babe
i mean typical one
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by lovejo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2010
If you marry a Christian girl as muslim, they have to give her muslim name they are do naming for new baby she gave birth to, which means she need to be converted to islam.
If you want to marry a muslim lady, you need to be converted to islam 1st and have muslim name, it is difficult for me getting serious gf here cos of this they follow their religion to the core.

My muslim friend clearly tells me anyone that do not practice islam will go to hell fire, so it is difficult for them to date you except you convert so you dont go to hell.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by nedra: 12:39am On Dec 13, 2010
@ poster,
u beta forget about dat girl or else u may forever be lost even in the world beyond. try to see this true life movie (not without my daughter) it gives u an horrific insite on what to xpect when u get ursef involved in a rigid and fanatical world. a world where fundamental human rites and freedom does not exist. a world where human life is very cheap.
d cloud is big enof for evry bird to fly, so get ursef anoda girl
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by stuffs4me(m): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2010
Stuffs4me
infact m nt tribalistic
u actually didnt read my reply to the post, i used the term "genuine muslim woman"
nobody said u r tribalistic, i dont like tribalistic pple myself
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by MeAboki(m): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2010
Dyt:

Stuffs4me
infact m nt tribalistic

I am sorry, Stuff4me is correct, if you (and your parents) are genuine Muslim(s) then you should have known better than do that; because its forbidden in Islam for a Muslim girl/woman to date/marry anybody outside the religion, in the same manner as pork, alcohol etc are equally forbidden.

However, it is not forbidden for a Muslim man to marry from the people of the book, e.g. Christian (they have the bible), Jews ( they have the Torah) etc - and even then, the girl he wish to marry must be chaste.

@ D sense, yes no biggie in Islam for you to be dating your Christian GF (except if you are fornicating); but please do not in ignorance support/endorse/ encourage or mislead a Muslim sister into wrongdoing.

@Dyte, I sincerely hope that you would re - evaluate your values and not be a Muslim only in name but also in action. Be careful, some modern liberal values are fundamentally wrong (cool as they may seem) - be wise, take a leaf from the advice of another poster (amefi) to his Christian brethren.

@Poster, its not advisable or practical, please find yourself a nice Christian girl, good luck.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by beeman80: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2010
Dyt:

its individuality
i dont c any big deal
WORD!!!
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by Saraha1(f): 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2010
I also found myself in this situation ,just that i did have much courage to post
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by axeman85(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2010
@poster

There is nothing bad in it as long as both families are not the fanatical religious types. i have a friend who is muslim and the girl is christian and the guys parents dont have issues with it but the girls father does . as i said it depends on the families and i have a friend different religion and they are both married. the guy papa sef na Alfa but him no mind at all. afterall the son can practise whatever religion he want to.
Re: Muslim Vs Christian Dating Relationship What Do I Do by MeAboki(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2010
Sarah a:

I also found myself in this situation ,just that i did have much courage to post it .Am xchrian and my guy is muslim ,this guy really love me with evrythng he has,but i knw i can't marry him cos my dad will nvr again to that ,nt after what my elder sister went through in the hands of her husband all becos she prosper in wht evr she does.each time my sister had misunderstandng with her husband ,[b]he will accuse my sis of using the first miscarriage she had 5yrs back for money ritual ,[/b]but wht pains me most ,is that my sister had be establishd b4 he came accross him , she own her own house .([b]The husband in question happend to be muslim,so he hardly believe in prosperity without you putng some things into being)[/b]Thank God they broke up after my sister prepare his visa to travel to uk.immediately he got there, the thank you message we receive was divorce which was okay by us atleast.so my brother there is nothng as good as you dating frm th esame religion .

Sorry about what happened to your sister.

Please, please I can assure you that that belief system of ritual juju/killing and practice is ABSOLUTELY UN-ISLAMIC.

Mind you, I am not saying that there are no Muslims who cross over into this boundary of wrongdoing; neither should that mean that the membership of an individual (whether Christian or Muslim) should automatically mean that such action is acceptable by his religion.

My suspicion is that your sister's ex husband was probably self or culturally driven (as in tribal custom) rather than by the culture of Islam - because, I repeat, it was un- Islamic.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out My Beautiful Fiance(pics). / How To Make Women Cum Several Times With Ease / See how My Girlfriend surprise Me Last Week (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.