Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja (183958 Views)

Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy / Certifying Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs! / Nigerian Man Caught With Fake Passport/documents At Uk Airport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Naijalastborn(m): 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
loverencha:

What embassy do you intend to submit your marriage certificate? If it is Austrian embassy, then ofcourse Yes, you must authenticate your marriage certificate at the Ministry of foreign affairs, all Nigerian documents(except international passport) being submitted to the Austrian embassy must first be legalized at the Ministry of foreign affairs before they can be accepted at the Austrian embassy. Regards
Holland Embassy! Do you have any idea about dis please Share it with me, and if I have authencate it will I have to get it legalized again at the embassy. Before I used it
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sorry, I don't have any ideas about Holland embassy... You can write an email to the Holland embassy to ask, they should inform you... Best regards
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Naijalastborn(m): 9:16am On Feb 24, 2013
loverencha: Sorry, I don't have any ideas about Holland embassy... You can write an email to the Holland embassy to ask, they should inform you... Best regards
Oh thanks
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by bunmi284: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
I have HND diplomma statement of result with me and i want the ministry of foreign affairs to authenticate and legalise it in abuja..Will the ministry of foreign affairs legalise my result if it's being notarise by NOTARY PUBLIC SOLICITOR? or Is it compulsory to authenticate it at the ministry of education before going to ministry of foreign affairs? sad

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by bunmi284: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
have diplomma statement of result with me and i want the ministry of foreign affairs to authenticate and legalise it in abuja..Will the ministry of foreign affairs legalise my result if it's being notarise by NOTARY PUBLIC SOLICITOR?or Is it compulsory to authenticate it at the ministry of education before going to ministry of foreign affairs?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by niceguydot: 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2013
Pls ‎​​i need info as to the authentication of my results.. ‎​​i have my original waec result and a certificate from NIIT.. ‎​​i want to ask if ‎​​i need to go to the ministry of education or ministry of foreign affairs.. Or do ‎​​i have to go to both ministries..
Thanks
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 9:15am On Mar 29, 2013
bunmi284: have diplomma statement of result with me and i want the ministry of foreign affairs to authenticate and legalise it in abuja..Will the ministry of foreign affairs legalise my result if it's being notarise by NOTARY PUBLIC SOLICITOR?or Is it compulsory to authenticate it at the ministry of education before going to ministry of foreign affairs?

@bunmi284

Yes, the ministry of foreign affairs will legalize your statement of result even if it is being Notarized by a Notary Public... Also Affidavits that are notarized by notary publics, the ministry of foreign affairs legalizes such documents.

As for d authentication of your statement of result @ ministry of education before taking it to d ministry of foreign affairs, it all depends on the kind of statement of result u want to legalize, if it is just a high school statement of result, you do not need to take it first to ministry of education for authentication, you just need to go ahead with the legalization @ foreign affairs. Also, I think I had a similar situation as yours, I also have a diploma statement of result from unilag, and a diploma certificate; when I got there @ Abuja, I was told to authenticate the diploma certificate at Ministry of education, but for the diploma statement, It was just legalized only at ministry of foreign affairs..(So, u should know what to do) smiley

I am aware that certificates are to be authenticated at the ministry of education before taking them to the Ministry of foreign affairs for legalization, e.g: WAEC certificates, GCE certificates, Diploma certificates, or any university certificates and so on.......

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 9:20am On Mar 29, 2013
niceguy_dot: Pls ‎​​i need info as to the authentication of my results.. ‎​​i have my original waec result and a certificate from NIIT.. ‎​​i want to ask if ‎​​i need to go to the ministry of education or ministry of foreign affairs.. Or do ‎​​i have to go to both ministries..
Thanks

@niceguy_dot

Yes, you need to authenticate your original Waec result and NIIT certificate first at Ministry of education, before taking them to Ministry of foreign affairs for legalization. (Yes, both ministries)

Regards
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Paywole: 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
loverencha:

@niceguy_dot

Yes, you need to authenticate your original Waec result and NIIT certificate first at Ministry of education, before taking them to Ministry of foreign affairs for legalization. (Yes, both ministries)

Regards

pls how much does it cost to authenticate waec and birth certificate
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 11:17am On Mar 30, 2013
Paywole: pls how much does it cost to authenticate waec and birth certificate

WAEC certificates cost 3,000naira each for authentication at the Ministry of Education, go with ur WAEC scratch card

Birth Certificates are not authenticated by Ministry of Education cos it isn't a school result.. You only need to legalize ur birth certificate at Ministry of Foreign affairs, which goes for about 500naira per page(u get within one week), but if u r getting it done that same day for collection(express), it is 1,100naira per page

Regards
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by joie12(f): 10:39am On Apr 02, 2013
Hello guys, am kinda getting fustrated here, am in France and i needed to get some documents legalised in Nigeria, my documents were sent to the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and it was legalised, well so they said. And the legalisation was done or showed A LIGHT WHITE STAMP writing '' MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS LEGAL DIVISION SERVICE; It was written round the Nigeria flag logo and a blue pen SIGNATURE at the back of each documents. Now here in France i was told that wasn't enough that, It wasn't written '' LEGALISED'' on the documents and there should be a STAMP, showing '' LEGALISED on each documents with a signature of whoever that legalised the documents. IS THAT TRUE?

I WISH I COULD SEE A SAMPLE OF HOW A DOCUMENTS IS GENUINELY LEGALISED IN NIGERIA. Thank you.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by joie12(f): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2013
IS THE NIGERIA COAT OF ARM THE SIGN OF LEGALISING A DOCUMENT AT THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS IN ABUJA?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by loverencha: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2013
joie12: Hello guys, am kinda getting fustrated here, am in France and i needed to get some documents legalised in Nigeria, my documents were sent to the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs in Abuja and it was legalised, well so they said. And the legalisation was done or showed A LIGHT WHITE STAMP writing '' MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS LEGAL DIVISION SERVICE; It was written round the Nigeria flag logo and a blue pen SIGNATURE at the back of each documents. Now here in France i was told that wasn't enough that, It wasn't written '' LEGALISED'' on the documents and there should be a STAMP, showing '' LEGALISED on each documents with a signature of whoever that legalised the documents. IS THAT TRUE?

I WISH I COULD SEE A SAMPLE OF HOW A DOCUMENTS IS GENUINELY LEGALISED IN NIGERIA. Thank you.

@joie 12

Awww, sorry about the challenges you are facing...

With d explanation u gave here, I can say that I think your documents were legalized genuinely. I av done this before and yes, the legalized documents have the light white stamp, in a circular form, with the Nigerian coat of arms inside (at the middle of the stamp) just as you described yours and also there is a signature on top of the stamp and a "DATE".

There isn't any other stamp on the document stating "Legalized" on the document; it isn't done this way here, the French people over there, maybe that is how they do theirs in their country when legalizing documents but here in Nigeria we also have our method of doing things, they should consider that. (And not thinking they know too much and suspecting every document as fake coming from Nigeria, sorry to add this but this is what most of these foreign people think and it makes me sick, Urghhh) We can't have the same method of doing things.. They shouldn't stress you, they should do their jobs to find out if it is original or not, they can go through that stress to confirm that themselves..

I don't av any other thing to say, all I think is that your document was genuinely legalized... That's it! You just have to find a way to convince them and tell them this is how it is done here or maybe find a way to get an official letter from Ministry of foreign affairs stating that your document is genuinely legalized, with signature of who did this legalization at MFA but this wouldn't be easy.. (I think, but you can try) This is the only solution I can think of...

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by danielseyon: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
I will like to share my experience with those of us who will like to undertake authentication, verification and letter of eligibility with Federal Ministry of Education in Abuja.If you want eligibility letter from Federal Ministry of Education but your GCE,WASCE or NECO certificate has been misplaced or destroyed, may be due to a natural disaster, you need to confirm the result from WAEC office at Yaba before you embark on the exercise at FME in Abuja.If not, they will never give you. That was my experience with them. I was sent back to Lagos for verification from WAEC. Though, i had sent 2 mails for inquiries through their website but no response and no phone numbers to call for inquiries. The confirmation from WAEC costs N5,000.00 and speed post of N2,700.00. You will wait for a week before you now go to Abuja. Officially, the authentication takes 3 to 5 days with your Testimonial and certificates submitted. If you do not go with your testimonial,you are on your own(OYO).I met a lady from Imo State who did not turn-up with her Testimonial. She was sent back to go and get it. When you are through with FME,you will move to Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs for another 3 to 5 days officially. But God so good, i met a guy who served with them and he assisted me with the processing and everything was done in a day. You can imagine how much i could have spent on accommodation, transport and feeding. His name (was)is DELETED but they call him Pastor around there.His phone numbers are DELETED He advised that people can send their documents and not undertake the risk of coming all the way to Abuja.You can speak with him and he will put you through.(I will like to appeal to the management of Nairaland if I have violated any rule(s) guiding your business. I just don't want people to experience what I saw many going through overthere. Moreso, authentication does not take place on Fridays. (2)They have a brochure of all the schools in Nigeria,including secondary schools,if your school is not found in there, forget it. That includes the school you are applying to outside Nigeria.I finally got through with everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by myworld2611: 10:07am On Jun 03, 2013
hi guy
Does anyone has any contact at the ministry of foreign affair? i have been trying to call all the phones lines listed on their website but none of it seem to go through. pls i need an urgent response.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by ikpinman77: 4:12am On Jun 11, 2013
Hello,please my situation is getting so fustrating with the Nigerian embassy in Ukraine.i intend getting married here in Latvia and the requested to bring my bachelor certificate legalised at the foreign affairs Abuja which i have done and brought to the foreign office here in Latvia so i was informed that since Nigeria dont have an embassy here they are affiliated to the Nigerian embassy in Ukraine,so my my documents were sent to the Nigerian embassy there for verification of the apostile and signature,for over 2months now still no response from our embassy i tried calling for weeks b4 i finally got the consular on phone telling me they have to contact Abuja if the stamps are real..seems so fustrating that a consular abroad dont havt such samples from Abuja.please i will need assistance on which section i should contact for this in the Abuja office and with contact details probably email or phone numbers cos i tried the website of the mfa it was blank..i really need your assistance and advice.thanks

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
@ All.
Weldone for the wonderful jobs you're doing here.
Please is International Passport needed for authentication at Foreign Affairs ministry and how many paspport photographs are needed?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by MigrantsAd: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
@danielyson

Please can anyone provide a contact in Abuja that can process the verification of results information at Ministry of Education in Abuja? Thanks
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Naijalastborn(m): 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Optimisticgondy: @ All.
Weldone for the wonderful jobs you're doing here.
Please is International Passport needed for authentication at Foreign Affairs ministry and how many paspport photographs are needed?
no you dont need to Legalized your International passport!
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by MigrantsAd: 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
Please can anyone provide a contact in Abuja that can process the verification of results information at Ministry of Education in Abuja? It is for an application to a University in Malaysia and they stated they need NOC. Thanks all.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by KedeiInah: 10:40am On Jul 18, 2013
My original documents have already been laminated and I want to legalise them, pls. What do I do because I need to legalise and translate all my documents at the Ministry of Foreign affairs? Can they egalise the laminated originals?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2013
Kedei Inah: My original documents have already been laminated and I want to legalise them, pls. What do I do because I need to legalise and translate all my documents at the Ministry of Foreign affairs? Can they egalise the laminated originals?
There is nothing to be afraid about. You can take a blade along with you when going to Min of Edu and Foreign Affairs. Those girls selling Neco and Waec scratch cards at the Min of Edu will be there to help you create a space at the back of your certificate where the authentication will be done on. Mind you, you can only legalise certificates. But if your academic certificates are not yet out, ensure you take your transcripts along. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by biggest2020: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2013
Pls someone should help me. I intend going to Abuja to Legalise my documents as I intend to apply for a Master program in Austrian University.And I was told to authenticate the documents first at Ministry of Education b4 takin them to Ministry of Foriegn Affairs. Pls is secondary school testimonial compulsary at Ministry of Education b4 dey authenticate my documents or original WAEC certificate is enough? I dnt have d testimonial but Original certificate4
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Naijalastborn(m): 8:39am On Jul 22, 2013
biggest2020: Pls someone should help me. I intend going to Abuja to Legalise my documents as I intend to apply for a Master program in Austrian University.And I was told to authenticate the documents first at Ministry of Education b4 takin them to Ministry of Foriegn Affairs. Pls is secondary school testimonial compulsary at Ministry of Education b4 dey authenticate my documents or original WAEC certificate is enough? I dnt have d testimonial but Original certificate4
Idont knowabout the Mins. Of. Education stuffs, but to what you said, my own thought is that any Docs in which you will Present to for international purposed like in your case, Study as to be accreditted by the. Mins. Of Education and like wise the Mins. Of Foreign Affairs
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:50am On Jul 22, 2013
biggest2020: Pls someone should help me. I intend going to Abuja to Legalise my documents as I intend to apply for a Master program in Austrian University.And I was told to authenticate the documents first at Ministry of Education b4 takin them to Ministry of Foriegn Affairs. Pls is secondary school testimonial compulsary at Ministry of Education b4 dey authenticate my documents or original WAEC certificate is enough? I dnt have d testimonial but Original certificate4
Secondary scl testimonial is not compulsory for authentication of your first degree. just go there with ur certificates. if your first degree cert is not out, take along ur transcript with ur notification
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by dammzel: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2013
Hello pls am intendin to study in austria nd I need full details concerning dr admisssion, cos av applied in dr uni nd my document was return back to me, pls I nid sum who can put me tru
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Naijalastborn(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
dammzel: Hello pls am intendin to study in austria nd I need full details concerning dr admisssion, cos av applied in dr uni nd my document was return back to me, pls I nid sum who can put me tru
wrong thread
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by biggest2020: 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
Please Can I submit and get my credentials authenticated at the Ministry of Education on the same day of submission?..thanks

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2013
biggest2020: Please Can I submit and get my credentials authenticated at the Ministry of Education on the same day of submission?..thanks
if you are lucky. But be ready to spend two days to get it done.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by monchouchou: 5:58am On Aug 15, 2013
Hello everyone! Pls can anyone confirm if there has been no authentication of documents done at the Min of foreign affairs last week and this week. I have an agent there who I sent some docs to and he has been telling me stories. Just want to knw if he's lying or not. Thanks
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by izeprince(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2013
monchouchou: Hello everyone! Pls can anyone confirm if there has been no authentication of documents done at the Min of foreign affairs last week and this week. I have an agent there who I sent some docs to and he has been telling me stories. Just want to knw if he's lying or not. Thanks
. I tink its 2ru, he's not lyin coz I was thr on tuesday 2 legalise mine nd was told d SEAL is faulty!!what did he tell you?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by monchouchou: 1:19am On Aug 16, 2013
@Ize Prince, he said the same thing; the seal is broken. Anyway he told me today that they are managing the broken seal like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.