Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? (20793 Views)

Can A Married Man Buy A Valentine Gift For His Female Colleague? / Plantain As Valentine Gift? What Do You Think Will Happen If She Opens Her Eyes? / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by chelseamann(m): 6:10am On Feb 10, 2020
Rukkydelta:
Oga just break up
You both are not just feeling each other
simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by uzedo1(m): 6:14am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

Funny enough, I don type break up message. I was loving this girl. But she dey always turn me off. She Sabi lie... Though she's not from poor home too. Her entitlement mentality no be here. That lie issue too.

I go just save the break up message for now, I no go send am this night again.

Make we see how he go take end

But something telling me if I no break up. Na she go still break up. I just wan do am before her.

I for say make u chill first, never send the sms wey u type yet. Allow her send her own breakup message, since u dey certain say she go send am, just send her sms back asking her if you guys where dating before.. E go pain her wella o grin

Because if u send the sms, she go feel say na bcoz of Val u wan breakup.. So dey like say u no dey. She might even get you a gift self. If she no buy u, no ish. But wait o, how una two take start to dey date self? Bcoz from ur write up, it seems the relationship dey one sided undecided

But don't send a the breakup sms first, e get why

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by dalass(f): 6:20am On Feb 10, 2020
OP has invited the girl over of which the girl has promised to come but didn't.

Of course she won't come because she no trust you. You're obviously frustrated and sexually starved.

If she's raped by you and your fellow frustrated friends now. Guys will accuse her why she went there in the first place.

You don't want to give her Valentine gift because you know its not sure you can't lick the honey that val night!

Abeg free this gal, move on and look for a loose free to bang girl, or olosho.

Keep your gift, she will get better man who will appreciate her moral standards and make a honest woman out of her cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by crazysam001: 6:31am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I'm not happy with her

We just started dating

Not up to 3 weeks

Though I didn't tell her I'm not happy with her.

Question now, is it compulsory to buy Val gift?

Like, what happens if I decide to just switch my phone off and stay in my house that day?

Its not compulsory bro not at all but dont complain when someone else buys it for her and matter change for you oh.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:45am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I don't enjoy my conversation with her. She thinks the problem is with me. Me too think the problem is from her.

I don't even know. Conversation is the problem. Don't even know what to discuss with her.

There's no natural chemistry. Y'all ain't vibing. You can't force this relationship to work, it's going to drain you and you'll end up breaking up regrettably. A relationship in its first 3-6 months is meant to seem like honeymoon, not what y'all are having right now

Just end it now while it's early. A

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 6:50am On Feb 10, 2020
Wish to get.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:52am On Feb 10, 2020
victorian:

Don't worry, she won't reply u. She will keep mute but remember another guy will help u, do your job cool

You think guys are not pestering her for dates and to be their val?
She will help herself and choose one .

At the end on Vals night u are happy watching tv

She's happy going on a memorable night with one correct guy.

So be happy u won't drop shishi or pamper her that day. Na u sabi!

I was just laughing at his post. He doesn't know nothing. His relationship has more or less come to an end.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Tonyspecial(m): 6:53am On Feb 10, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Hell no
Dammmn
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:58am On Feb 10, 2020
If you don't make your girlfriend feel special on Valentine's Day, I'm sorry for you. It's either she outrightly breaks up with you, or you'll slowly realise you're dating yourself. Even if you're still wooing her and Valentine's Day comes and goes without any show of love from you, lol. That relationship may likely never happen.

For lots of women, their love language includes receiving gifts.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:02am On Feb 10, 2020
lexy2014:

So he can't "celebrate his love for his babe" any other day of d year? He has to wait for February 14.

He should celebrate it every other day PLUS Valentine's Day! cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:06am On Feb 10, 2020
cassyrooy:
Yeah! The usual one-dimensional line of thinking. Very applaudable girl.

He's plain with his GF, he's not done this before. Now the problem is, he needs to change but the question he's probably asking himself is, does she worth it? As much as I'm not going to call ladies names, we can both agree some don't deserve the things guys give them.

He's being apprehensive about whether to resign from the hardguy gang or remain one. See, people are always afraid to fully show themselves up to another person because of past experiences, and his can not be exempted as a plausible case.

On another hand, what if the babe has been indirectly disturbing him for stuffs, “buy me this, by me that, my last boyfriend got me this for our first val, the other one promised”... And she's never gifted anyone before anything on their birthday or Val, even if na your brother, shebi you go sidon dey look?

My point is, it should be the guys prerogative to buy, and if he fails to, please and please, don't measure yourself using such inability to meet an expectation for lack of love. Many people grew up loving deeply but without giving gifts.

2k may not be the problem, the emotional and psychological processes it takes/brings out in the guy is what he's avoiding. He's a strong hardguy.

No need for all these long stories. If he has to ask whether she's worth it in the first place, then they simply shouldn't be in a relationship.

She should do herself some sweet dignity and call it off.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by ezra1990: 7:07am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
Another thing is that she lies a lot. That girl fit lie for Africa.

Simple simple big lies. Ah. Na master she be.

I just dey feel sey she no deserve me gan self.

Modified: this girl is not open in any way. And she can lie for Africa. Telling myself the Truth? She no deserve hug talkless of any expensive thing.
....Then do the needful and stop dist
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Tunex252(m): 7:55am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

REMEMBER SHE ONCE SAID SHE SAY YES BECAUSE SHE WAN GET IT WELL WITH DATING. SEY SHE NO DEY GOOD WITH DATING STUFF.

NA THE MOST STRESSFUL THING BE THIS.[/b]
Bro she don tell you the main fact so what's ur stress? You just need to show her how it's been done
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by lexy2014: 8:07am On Feb 10, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

He should celebrate it every other day PLUS Valentine's Day! cheesy

If celebrating love every other day was d focus, "valentines day" won't b an emphasis
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by lexy2014: 8:12am On Feb 10, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
If you don't make your girlfriend feel special on Valentine's Day, I'm sorry for you. It's either she outrightly breaks up with you, or you'll slowly realise you're dating yourself. Even if you're still wooing her and Valentine's Day comes and goes without any show of love from you, lol. That relationship may likely never happen.

For lots of women, their love language includes receiving gifts.

Y d emphasis on making his girlfriend "feel special on valentines day"? So if he doesn't "show her love on Valentine's day", he can't do it on any other day? What's special about him "showing her love on Valentine's day"?

What does this "show of love" even mean?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by cassyrooy(m): 8:21am On Feb 10, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

No need for all these long stories. If he has to ask whether she's worth it in the first place, then they simply shouldn't be in a relationship.

She should do herself some sweet dignity and call it off.
This is a clear example of what it means to be in a relationship these days. Love 20%, impatient 50%, self-centeredness 15%, being help meets 5%.
Once y'all see an inadequacy (except for cheating and abuses), you up and leave.

Baby girl, if you're not open to learning how a man works, by constantly unlearning him and relearning him, you'll never experience the most unique part of him.

Why wouldn't or shouldn't he ask (himself) if she's worth anything? No be human being him dey deal with? A highly volatile and deceitful one at that? Like I had earlier posted, the emotional and psychological processes he undergoes may be what he's trying to avoid.

I'm not going to push my luck getting you to change how you see things. But, note that Valentine's Day is not Women-Centered. It is Love-Centered, just like in the past, presently and in the future to come.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by cassyrooy(m): 8:26am On Feb 10, 2020
lexy2014:

If celebrating love every other day was d focus, "valentines day" won't b an emphasis
Come and take the last 1k in my account. You're legit. That's how they bill you for Valentine, Birthday, Easter, Christmas, Children's Day, New Year and every other day they see something worthy of celebrating, whilst unreciprocating same gesture.

And the day you definitely default, or does not meet their expectations, they pack up and leave.

Na only una need special treatment. Hahaha!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by cassyrooy(m): 8:29am On Feb 10, 2020
Mescana22:

One Lager Beer for you, You are a real Niggar, leave all those Opportunist and Potential Oloshos
Thank you boss, you legit as well.

Equity demands same treatment from the other spouses but na lie, na one-way street with some of our ladies.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by vicben27(m): 8:32am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
I don't enjoy my conversation with her. She thinks the problem is with me. Me too think the problem is from her.

I don't even know. Conversation is the problem. Don't even know what to discuss with her.
lol it's like new to this dating thing, you don't have to have a topic of discussion, you just need to be spontaneous, there a whole lot to always talk about
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Acidosis(m): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2020
Valentine is for kids.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Johnson225(m): 9:02am On Feb 10, 2020
Good day sir/ma, my name is paul, A second year medical student of OAU. please I'll like to solicit for your help in paying for my school fee. I do odd jobs here in school but I'm still very far from getting up to the amount. and my family isn't buoyant financially. I felt seeking for help online could be my only resort, please help a brother in need and it'll be appreciated no matter how how little it is.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:05am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

what attracted you to her in the first place? from the piece u wrote right there,it's very clear you ain't connected in anyway to her.simply put,ya never meant for eachother.
my own opinion, tho
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Zinny25(f): 9:09am On Feb 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by masterflowx(m): 9:12am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:
Tnks Bro. Can it cause any problem after? I like her bt been givin her space diz days.

She too is doing strong head.

MODIFIED:

[s]We never even see since she say Yes.

Took her almost 3 months before she say Yes.

We saw about six times before she say Yes.

Invited her twice after she say Yes, she go say she go come but no go show.[/s]

I don tire to dey call am self.

We never talk for two or three days.

I no care.

She no care too.

I for break up but no sure if I go regret am.

[s]REMEMBER SHE ONCE SAID SHE SAY YES BECAUSE SHE WAN GET IT WELL WITH DATING.[/s] SEY SHE NO DEY GOOD WITH DATING STUFF.

NA THE MOST STRESSFUL THING BE THIS.

grin shocked grin

Say yes, say yes...
Your head is paining you!

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:15am On Feb 10, 2020
victorian:

I'm. Making a whole lot of sense

A guy that's even giving his gf the option of ending their relationship if she doesn't accept no val celebration, their love celebration on lovers day.. Is that what u call he loves her?

Loves her indeed. He doesn't give a damn, if they breakup!
He's ready to free her if she insist on Val. And I bet that's why she's quiet thinking about it. So my guy is ready to breakup? Wow! Just like that?

I don't need to, or have to tell him anything should make him see reason why he need to consider celebrating Valentine's Day, even with 2k he can celebrate his love for his babe and who knows she herself will. Also be willing to gift him. Everything is not meant to be expensive but the thought of I cherish the lady or cherish this day on lovers day.

Anyways he has given her a open cheque , to stay or leave.

It's his call. Not mine.
lol,what is this one saying?taking panadol on top someone someone else's headache.
are u that bothered bout Val's day to that extent?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 10, 2020
Broke guys like OP are going to break up with their gfs before their birthdays and before Valentine. Sweethearts, just know it's not your fault and he's not for you. Move on to someone worthy of you.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Chuksfela1(m): 10:34am On Feb 10, 2020
My guy if u get enough money to waste just buy her small thing to form say u be big boy,if u no get just call her that day and wish her happy val.don just kill ur self 4 a girl.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by victorian(f): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I was just laughing at his post. He doesn't know nothing. His relationship has more or less come to an end.

Don't mind him.
He thinks he's doing his gf a favour dating her.

His eyes go shock when he starts counting how many girls he has date and they've moved on to other men who knows the koko about women.
The truth hurts but that's just the truth.

I have a male friend, matured Handsome goodlooking guy, has a great job, drivesa nice car lives in a two bedroom flat but lo and behold no babe. Gentle guy, classy and all but no babe.
We went out yesterday, I could see the loneliness and emptiness in his eyes. I wanted to hook him up with a friend of mine female but he was just too tired to start dating again.
I felt sorry for him when he gave me gist on how he's with no babe. Later I tried lightning the mood and he went home Happy and calm as always undecided

Guys here are still growing up then don't know anything, let the older ones tell them how life is, them go humble cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by victorian(f): 10:48am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

Shey na good idea to break up?

He's the one placing breakup on a platter of gold before her.

Not me.

What's my own sef! angry
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by eddieguru(m): 11:06am On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

Funny enough, I don type break up message. I was loving this girl. But she dey always turn me off. She Sabi lie... Though she's not from poor home too. Her entitlement mentality no be here. That lie issue too.

I go just save the break up message for now, I no go send am this night again.

Make we see how he go take end

But something telling me if I no break up. Na she go still break up. I just wan do am before her.
Note: real Niggers don't send break up message to ladies...they'll just let her be on the ship till she realizes herself and say "we are done" then you chill cool
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by victorian(f): 11:16am On Feb 10, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

lol,what is this one saying?taking panadol on top someone someone else's headache.
are u that bothered bout Val's day to that extent?

cheesy
I'm just trying to help a fellow lady here.

My Valentine's is settled

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by NeedAdvice00: 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
dalass:
OP has invited the girl over of which the girl has promised to come but didn't.

Of course she won't come because she no trust you. You're obviously frustrated and sexually starved.

If she's raped by you and your fellow frustrated friends now. Guys will accuse her why she went there in the first place.

You don't want to give her Valentine gift because you know its not sure you can't lick the honey that val night!

Abeg free this gal, move on and look for a loose free to bang girl, or olosho.

Keep your gift, she will get better man who will appreciate her moral standards and make a honest woman out of her cheesy
Lol. She don come my house like 4 times before she say Yes. Never make any shit move.

Out of the 4, na she come herself 3 times. I no say make she come. Only the last time I invite am.

I no dey sexually frustrated. She trust me for that area. I send am break-up message yeternight. She come dey beg. I just tire for this wahala Jare.

I dey decent pass am gan self. Where she Dan go, I Never try am before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Her Dad Is A Herbalist! Advice Pls / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? / Radiant & I Discuss: cheating in the marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.