Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? (20794 Views)

Can A Married Man Buy A Valentine Gift For His Female Colleague? / Plantain As Valentine Gift? What Do You Think Will Happen If She Opens Her Eyes? / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Omawumi17(f): 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2020
Not a must but there is nothing wrong with gifting that special one a nice set of ankara for valentine.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by NeedAdvice00: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lovesickpup:
Broke guys like OP are going to break up with their gfs before their birthdays and before Valentine. Sweethearts, just know it's not your fault and he's not for you. Move on to someone worthy of you.
Wish you know who you dey call broke. Make I just keep quiet. Thank you anyway.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by NeedAdvice00: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Chuksfela1:
My guy if u get enough money to waste just buy her small thing to form say u be big boy,if u no get just call her that day and wish her happy val.don just kill ur self 4 a girl.
we be both OBO pikin. She Sabi my family. Her family too get name. I no need form big boy.

Before she talk Yes. She Sabi my allowee. I Sabi her own too. Money and Family. We dey open.

Most people hia even Sabi our parents. You people will not understand.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by NeedAdvice00: 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
Omawumi17:
Not a must but there is nothing wrong with gifting that special one a nice set of ankara for valentine.
I want to gift her. The question is if it's ok. As the relationship thing no be wetin I like.

Relationship isn't about sex. Communication na something I take serious. And the communication no dey dere. I no just enjoy am.

Money no be issued here. At least base on our wealthy background, no be small thing I suppose do.

I'm tired Jare.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by george31(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2020
Thinking of a perfect gift for Valentine?
Think no more, as we have a perfect gift combo for your loved one.

100% Fiber Towel + Rose @₦4000 only.
Call or send WhatsApp message to 08037133612 or 08025646429 to get yours.
Same day delivery for people in Lagos

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Omawumi17(f): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

I want to gift her. The question is if it's ok. As the relationship thing no be wetin I like.

Relationship isn't about sex. Communication na something I take serious. And the communication no dey dere. I no just enjoy am.

Money no be issued here. At least base on our wealthy background, no be small thing I suppose do.

I'm tired Jare.
It is very ok

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by dalass(f): 6:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

Lol. She don come my house like 4 times before she say Yes. Never make any shit move.

Out of the 4, na she come herself 3 times. I no say make she come. Only the last time I invite am.

I no dey sexually frustrated. She trust me for that area. I send am break-up message yeternight. She come dey beg. I just tire for this wahala Jare.

I dey decent pass am gan self. Where she Dan go, I Never try am before.

This is super storyyyyy... grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by NeedAdvice00: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2020
Omawumi17:

It is very ok
Thanks. Her response to the break up message even shock me. I think she be good girl. I just need to understand her.
thinking of getting her a phone, clothes, flowers, perfume, card and flowers.
I put it in quote make she no read later and discover my post for here.

Do you think that's a good gift?

And how I go take tell her about the communication thing? Communication na serious thing for me.

How I fit stop communication issue? I love am but communication issue dey drain me and I no like am.

Cc: dalass
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Omawumi17(f): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

Thanks. Her response to the break up message even shock me. I think she be good girl. I just need to understand her. I put it in quote make she no read later and discover my post for here.

And how I go take tell her about the communication thing? Communication na serious thing for me.

How I fit stop communication issue? I love am but communication issue dey drain me and I no like am.

Alright. If you want to gift her lovely ankara fabrics. I am just a dial away...
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by dalass(f): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
NeedAdvice00:

Thanks. Her response to the break up message even shock me. I think she be good girl. I just need to understand her. I put it in quote make she no read later and discover my post for here.

Study her person, her temperament.. If both of you are phlegmatic (you are certainly a phleg, introvert), communication go hard you.

WhatsApp her more, you can obviously type.. Send her your thoughts, discover her interests, sports, music,etc. Anything you can find a common ground to talk about.

P.S

Ego won't kee you.. She's a good girl because she begged you.. Chai, ladies don suffer grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Sierusvirus(m): 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2020
victorian:

Don't worry, she won't reply u. She will keep mute but remember another guy will help u, do your job cool

You think guys are not pestering her for dates and to be their val?
She will help herself and choose one .

At the end on Vals night u are happy watching tv

She's happy going on a memorable night with one correct guy.

So be happy u won't drop shishi or pamper her that day. Na u sabi!
She has the right to choose and am not even bothered at all.
Just the way you think guys are pestering her for date same way girls better than her are pestering me and doing all sort of things to have me.

Everybody has a worth and only if you know yours and how to make it happen.

If she replies me then she is a fool cos I never missed words in making myself clear.

If she doesn’t impress me, I can never do same to her.

If you expect a man to be spending on you alone that means you need go hug a transformer knowing truely well you have nothing to offer a guy but only sex.

For a girl to worth anything in my life she needs to be a quality giver and expect less, then I balance things and not only a receiver like a prostitiue.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by victorian(f): 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
Sierusvirus:

She has the right to choose and am not even bothered at all.
Just the way you think guys are pestering her for date same way girls better than her are pestering me and doing all sort of things to have me.

Everybody has a worth and only if you know yours and how to make it happen.

If she replies me then she is a fool cos I never missed words in making myself clear.

If she doesn’t impress me, I can never do same to her.

If you expect a man to be spending on you alone that means you need go hug a transformer knowing truely well you have nothing to offer a guy but only sex.

For a girl to worth anything in my life she needs to be a quality giver and expect less, then I balance things and not only a receiver like a prostitiue.

Haba! Chill!
Broke guys on nairaland has truly affected your reasoning.

Anyways from my own point of view and how I handle my man or any man I have dated in the past. I don't wait until he buys first. I don't impress either. I buy because I want whoever I'm dating to look their best. So with my man nw, i buy him surprise gifts and he does same to me. He credits my account by his own freewill, part. Of his surprise packages at times and I appreciate him by making sure I use the money specifically for my biz and other things I lack. He loves to see me grow. I'm an orphan by the way. And they all know that. And hes amazed how I love to work smart without selling my body.
He's a free giver. He is not waiting for me to give before he gives. We've been friends online for. Like three years before we met and started dating. So he knows me inside out.

I have some guys here as friends, I can only mention three guys, but not their names. They know themselves. I'm not dating anyone of them but before I Met my guy. If I was broke, I ask they quickly make some transfer . Note I'm not dating any of them and we don't chat about sex but basically about life.

They just send cause they've known me as a stranger within few months or so, we've become close online friends. they appreciate my humour , saying the raw truth without mincing words with my way of reasoning. I always say the truth no matter what.

Note I have not Met any of these three guys in real life. One lives in Abuja, the other two abroad. but they don't care. All they want is my company online. That's guys I'm Not dating or even seen sef. I'm a very interesting person to chat with and they love me for that.

But in your case, we are talking about your gf, supposedly love of your life, I think? undecided
And see what u are saying about her.

It clearly shows u don't love her one bit. And I can sense uv not even given her any surprise gifts, u are waiting for her to spend first. Lol

But You don't know if she wants to surprise u with a gift on that day ,even if it's boxers and singlet. But u just blurt out u are not celebrating Valentine, she can breakup or stay. That's just too bad.

I hope. She's a nairalander and reading what uv typed now. Cause she's clearly wasting her time with u. With or without Valentine. Guys who are crafty and stingy, I can't even deal.. I keep far away from.

What a pity.

Anyways so whatever u like with your love life, it's yours.

Like I said earlier. What's my own sef?

undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? by Sierusvirus(m): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2020
victorian:

Haba! Chill!
Broke guys on nairaland has truly affected your reasoning.

Anyways from my own point of view and how I handle my man or any man I have dated in the past. I don't wait until he buys first. I don't impress either. I buy because I want whoever I'm dating to look their best. So with my man nw, i buy him surprise gifts and he does same to me. He credits my account by his own freewill, part. Of his surprise packages at times and I appreciate him by making sure I use the money specifically for my biz and other things I lack. He loves to see me grow. I'm an orphan by the way. And they all know that. And hes amazed how I love to work smart without selling my body.
He's a free giver. He is not waiting for me to give before he gives. We've been friends online for. Like three years before we met and started dating. So he knows me inside out.

I have some guys here as friends, I can only mention three guys, but not their names. They know themselves. I'm not dating anyone of them but before I Met my guy. If I was broke, I ask they quickly make some transfer . Note I'm not dating any of them and we don't chat about sex but basically about life.

They just send cause they've known me as a stranger within few months or so, we've become close online friends. they appreciate my humour , saying the raw truth without mincing words with my way of reasoning. I always say the truth no matter what.

Note I have not Met any of these three guys in real life. One lives in Abuja, the other two abroad. but they don't care. All they want is my company online. That's guys I'm Not dating or even seen sef. I'm a very interesting person to chat with and they love me for that.

But in your case, we are talking about your gf, supposedly love of your life, I think? undecided
And see what u are saying about her.

It clearly shows u don't love her one bit. And I can sense uv not even given her any surprise gifts, u are waiting for her to spend first. Lol

But You don't know if she wants to surprise u with a gift on that day ,even if it's boxers and singlet. But u just blurt out u are not celebrating Valentine, she can breakup or stay. That's just too bad.

I hope. She's a nairalander and reading what uv typed now. Cause she's clearly wasting her time with u. With or without Valentine. Guys who are crafty and stingy, I can't even deal.. I keep far away from.

What a pity.

Anyways so whatever u like with your love life, it's yours.

Like I said earlier. What's my own sef?

undecided
The guys you call broke guys in NL are 100% more liable and better than the BROKEGIRLS in NL.

I can pity an orphan guy than an orphan girl, NO OFFENCE PLEASE, I don’t even pity any woman at all, I treat you the way you do to me.

Thinking that a man should be the first to give a surprise gift, CHANGE YOUR BROKE MENTALITY.

I’M NOT SURPRISE THE WAY YOU ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT THIS TOPIC, IT SHOWS YOU ALSO HAVE THIS BROKE, STINGY AND STUPID MENTALITY of buying boxers and singlet for a guy and will be expecting a car from him.
In a situation like this, two things are involved:.-
1. I will collect the boxers and singlet and wait for your Bday and be sure to get packs of pants that won’t cost more than 200 Naira. OR
2. I will tell it to your face, I DON’T NEED THE GIFT.

She doesn’t need to be a NL to read my post cos I am a straight forward person, a girl that thinks that Val is key of showing love and not even ready to spend on the guys that day must be very useless and stupid.

What makes you think she’s not the one wasting my time.

I personally hate girls that are fucking stingy, got nothing to offer apart from sex and very myopic . They are very disgusting to me

It’s a pity a lot of girls talk like a prostitute.

Men should be wiser this time around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Her Dad Is A Herbalist! Advice Pls / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? / Places You Should Not Go On The First-Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.