Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77724 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ladyrsky46: 7:23pm On Dec 18, 2010
Tired of this silly weather disrupting everything. Was looking forward to tomorrow's match. angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2010
Ladyrsky46:

Tired of this silly weather disrupting everything. Was looking forward to tomorrow's match. angry

silly weather couldn't stop welbeck from punishing the trotters. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ladyrsky46: 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2010
Now Brucey wants him. Not going to happen. Hopefully.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
brucey wants him for keeps, fergie won't do that! however, i want welbeck to stay there till next summer. he is developing really well out there. if we take him back in january, he is going to rot on the bench once more and his development will stall. with all the bragging mumuface does here, united have the best kids in the land.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by 1stknight(m): 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2010
mojounited:

Fabio Capello: Fergie the best of all time -
"In the history of football, the best manager is Sir Alex,'' Capello said. "For such a long time he managed the team and he has changed a lot of things.
"He changed the team, he changed the players, he has been really, really good for the club. I wish him another 20 years of management at the top level.''
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/855032?cc=5739

Hats off to SAF; the greatest mind in the history of the game, albeit Cappello's comment might be debatable - I think the likes of these coaches are also there at the top:
- Del Bosque
- Sir Matt Busby
- Marcello Lippi

Ha, u reminds of sir matt busby being d 1st premiership manager to win d european cup in 1968 with his busby babes, dat shuld tell dose CHEALSHIT dat dey are nothing compare with man utd
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela1: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2010
cou-gar:

brucey wants him for keeps, fergie won't do that! however, i want welbeck to stay there till next summer. he is developing really well out there. if we take him back in january, he is going to rot on the bench once more and his development will stall. with all the bragging mumuface does here, united have the best kids in the land.
he will be there till the summer.it is a year loan.he and Diouf (at Blackburn).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela1: 11:28pm On Dec 18, 2010
Ladyrsky46:

Now Brucey wants him. Not going to happen. Hopefully.
Not going to happen.
about 18months ago, Andy Cole was asked about the brightest prospect in Manchester (united and city).
His son is in the academy at Man city and he was a regular at the both academies and had gist from insiders.
He said unequivocally that he had great hopes for Danny Welbeck more than any other academy player.
On the strength of what i saw, i doubted him but now i know better.
The boy is coming along real well and it seems he has his feet on the ground.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 11:30pm On Dec 18, 2010
mbulela1:

he will be there till the summer.it is a year loan.he and Diouf (at Blackburn).

good for brucey then. welbeck has shown his worth so has cleverley and mame diouf. the future suddenly looks bright with. . . .

??

rafael    smalling    ??      fabio

nani    anderson  cleverley  welbeck

hernandez      rooney

fergie needs a goalkeeper(david de gea) and a top centre-half and the future is sorted.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2010
^^^

How J.Evans has fallen off the pecking order. . . .guess we need to send him on loan too.
With the Chelsea game postponed, i guess we might have next to no talking point this week.

Quite miffed!!!! Our best chance to pay these dudes back in their own coins!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 8:47am On Dec 19, 2010
Kudos to S.A.F --- others may claim to be "Special". . . . . u define "Special"!

Thank you for taking MUFC to the top!!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by bxg(m): 11:10am On Dec 19, 2010
United On Verge Of £1.5BN Takeover

19/12/2010

According to reports, Manchester United are the subject of a £1.5 Billion takeover bid by 'Qatar Holdings'. Arabian investors are said to have assisted The Glazer Family with debt repayments before buying-out the unpopular American owners,

Some speculation was mounted in late November that Qatari investors had assisted The Glazers in repaying £220 Million of high interest rate debt. However, little was made of the situation until this weekend, when reports emerged that 'Qatar Holdings' were ready to launch a £1.5 Billion takeover bid for the world's biggest sporting brand.

Qatar will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup, after the Arab nation poured billions into sports infrastructure among other improvements over the last decade. In January of this year, United travelled to the country's capital, Doha, for a week of rehabilitation sessions. 

The United Arab Emirates state was behind the recent shirt sponsorship deal with Barcelona, which will see the Spanish club making €150 (£125) Million over the next five years. That's €30 (£25) Million a year.

Last month, Sir Alex Ferguson and David Gill travelled to Doha. The boss, who gave a number of speeches, backed Qatar's 2022 bid before it was a success, although no reason was given why The Red's chief executive made the trip, Was it to assist in finding a oil-rich buyer from the Persian Gulf ?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2010
The world's biggest sporting brand. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2010
Of course why do u think we are valued 1.5billion

A debt free UTD with unlimited arabian money with Sir Aley Ferguson in charge can only mean one thing

Trophies unlimited!

All I want is trophies mehn!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2010
Still on this big game ish? *smh*

@Cougar
A big game is match when 2 closely matched teams are playing.

UTD and City is a big game cos of d derby thing and the pedigree of the players on d field. Moreso when both teams are challenging for the title.

@starboard
I didn't know a team that hasn't won the title in the past cannot be termed title contenders

First time I'm hearing that. Unbelievably its coming from you.

Believe what you believe, Citey are in the league to win it. Past achievements don't count, the strength of the team today is what matters!

Wolfsburg from nowhere won the Bundesliga cos they had exciting players, same with FC Twente; should I mention Blackburn had no winning credentials when they won in the year they did apart from the fact that they had a good team

CVs don't win trophies, its the quality of the team in question that does. Ruling out Citey cos they haven't won b4 means Enyimba shdnt have won african champions league and 9ja league cos in the history of 9ja and african football, they were nothn b4 they won d first time.

Enyimba won cos they had money to attract talents and they did

Oga, u sabi ur footie, I sabi mine too.

*sigh*
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2010
So painful Nateevs aint gonna eat shyte today!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2010
tkb417:

@Cougar
A big game is match when 2 closely matched teams are playing.

UTD and City is a big game cos of d derby thing and the pedigree of the players on d field. Moreso when both teams are challenging for the title.

but it still doesn't count as a grandslam game. skysports have defined some games as grandslam games and these games are the ones involving the traditional big four(arsenal, liverpool, chelsea and man utd). those are the big games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2010
^@cou-gar, I quite understand your perception but unfortunately, Liver[i]poop[/i] are no more and will not be in the top four until they prove themselves worthy hence, the concept to illustrate your analogy maybe defeated in this reagard. Liverpool attained the top-four status in one season and they also lost it to the likes of Hotspur and Man Shitty in one season; this shows that the table has turned - behold, the beginning of a new Era as it may no longer be the Top-Four but Top-Six, which shows that the EPL is getting stronger and more difficult to decide from get go. Have you been watching ESPN Soccernet Presspass lately Tommy Smith's Top 25 Teams currently has Spurs and City in it but no Liverpool, wonder why The new rating is based on current form - i.e. designed to kick previous acievements out of the window. . .

PS - With Money and Better coaches at the helm of things, Tottenham and City have shown more hunger and desire to be a top-four team and maintain this status more than Liverpool has for two (2) seasons and counting. It is only a matter of time before they make it permanent. In consideration. . .until such time Liverpool decide to turn the tables around, Hotspur and City games versus the previously known top-four teams is considered a big game. QED!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2010
mojounited:

^@cou-gar, I quite understand your perception but unfortunately, Liver[i]poop[/i] are no more and will not be in the top four until they prove themselves worthy hence, the concept to illustrate your analogy maybe defeated in this reagard. Liverpool attained the top-four status in one season and they also lost it to the likes of Hotspur and Man Shitty in one season; this shows that the table has turned - behold, the beginning of a new Era as it may no longer be the Top-Four but Top-Six, which shows that the EPL is getting stronger and more difficult to decide from get go. Have you been watching ESPN Soccernet Presspass lately Tommy Smith's Top 25 Teams currently has Spurs and City in it but no Liverpool, wonder why The new rating is based on current form - i.e. designed to kick previous acievements out of the window. . .

PS - With Money and Better coaches at the helm of things, Tottenham and City have shown more hunger and desire to be a top-four team and maintain this status more than Liverpool has for two (2) seasons and counting. It is only a matter of time before they make it permanent. In consideration. . .until such time Liverpool decide to turn the tables around, Hotspur and City games versus the previously known top-four teams is considered a big game. QED!

liverpool will always be a top club irrespective of their league position. tottenham and city are new-comers. who knows if they would maintain at top level for a long period? no one knows. forget espn's soccernet, they are american-based and americans know nowt about football. tommy smith has no liverpool in his top 25 teams but the official uefa club ranking says otherwise so who do we believe?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 12:04am On Dec 20, 2010
^UEFA rankings are based on match results and calculated coefficients of mostly European Cup Football from previous years (over 2-5 years) till present date; this makes up the total coefficients hence, the ranking - that is the only reason you have Liverpool in that position. Meanwhile, are you trying to tell me that if liverpool are 17th in the EPL they'd still be considered a top club - is Leeds United (one time runners up in the european cup finals) still a top club, is Nottingham Forest (2 times Former European Cup holders) still a top club

As I previously stated, Tommy's top 25 is based on current form so your argument as regards UEFA ranking is flawed; http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2010.html - From this ranking, Liverpool is currently above current UCL and FIFA Club World Cup holders, Inter shocked cheesy can you believe that, is that based on current form . Your statement "americans know nowt about football" is laughable considering the fact that the USA National team defeated almighty Spain and almost lifted FIFA Confed cup in SA if not for Brazil's samba footy. I am well aware that Shitty and Spurs are new comers in the top four but they now have the hunger, more strength and desire to be a top-four team and maintain this status more than Liverpool presently do - Nottingham and Leeds were once top four, it was this same Liverpool that ended their reign. . .soldier come soldier go.

Not taking anything away from Liverpool but if anything, give kudos to Spurs and City for trying to keep up the pace with the big boys and, making it seem like a top-six affair these few seasons. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 12:43am On Dec 20, 2010
mojounited:

^UEFA rankings are based on match results and calculated coefficients of mostly European Cup Football from previous years (over 2-5 years) till present date; this makes up the total coefficients hence, the ranking - that is the only reason you have Liverpool in that position. Meanwhile, are you trying to tell me that if liverpool are 17th in the EPL they'd still be considered a top club - is Leeds United (one time runners up in the european cup finals) still a top club, is Nottingham Forest (2 times Former European Cup holders) still a top club

liverpool are a top club. if man utd relegate this season, it won't take away their history and rich tradition. when juventus relegated in 06/07, it didn't stop them from being a big club. being a big club is not racing towards the summit of the table but the history and the rich tradition of that club. man city and tottenham have no history. they will not become a big club because of coming 2nd or 1st in the league. chelsea have won few league titles recently and they don't have the respect afforded to big clubs because they have no "rich" history.

As I previously stated, Tommy's top 25 is based on current form so your argument as regards UEFA ranking is flawed; http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2010.html - From this ranking, Liverpool is currently above current UCL and FIFA Club World Cup holders, Inter shocked cheesy can you believe that, is that based on current form . Your statement "americans know nowt about football" is laughable considering the fact that the USA National team defeated almighty Spain and almost lifted FIFA Confed cup in SA if not for Brazil's samba footy. I am well aware that Shitty and Spurs are new comers in the top four but they now have the hunger, more strength and desire to be a top-four team and maintain this status more than Liverpool presently do - Nottingham and Leeds were once top four, it was this same Liverpool that ended their reign. . .soldier come soldier go.

thanks for buttressing my point. current form means nada. form is temporary, class is permanent. liverpool's form may be shyte but their class is far above what spurs and man city can muster in 40 years. the history behind liverpool is gargantuan. you cannot compare england's most successful club to cowboys like chelsea, man city and tottenham. liverpool can point to heysel and hillsborough. . .i doubt either chelsea or city have such. celtic is nowhere these days but they are a bigger club than tottenham or man city. it's about history not present league position so tommy smith must be on crack.

Not taking anything away from Liverpool but if anything, give kudos to Spurs and City for trying to keep up the pace with the big boys and, making it seem like a top-six affair these few seasons. . . 

it's all about the money city and spurs have spent in the last few seasons. money maketh everything in the football world but it cannot buy history.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 3:11am On Dec 20, 2010
liverpool are a top club. if man utd relegate this season, it won't take away their history and rich tradition. when juventus relegated in 06/07, it didn't stop them from being a big club. being a big club is not racing towards the summit of the table but the history and the rich tradition of that club. man city and tottenham have no history. they will not become a big club because of coming 2nd or 1st in the league. chelsea have won few league titles recently and they don't have the respect afforded to big clubs because they have no "rich" history.
thanks for buttressing my point. current form means nada. form is temporary, class is permanent. liverpool's form may be shyte but their class is far above what spurs and man city can muster in 40 years. the history behind liverpool is gargantuan. you cannot compare england's most successful club to cowboys like chelsea, man city and tottenham. liverpool can point to heysel and hillsborough. . .i doubt either chelsea or city have such. celtic is nowhere these days but they are a bigger club than tottenham or man city. it's about history not present league position so tommy smith must be on crack.

I didn't butter your bread abeg grin If you think rankings shouldn't be based on current form, why are Barcelona and Man. United who both have 3 European cups currently ranked higher than Real (9), Milan (7), Liverpool (5) Euro trophies respectively Even Chelsea and Arsenal who've not won it before are ranked higher. . .When Juventus were relegated, did you check their ranking that year

Nottingham Forest won the European Cup 2 times since God knows when and got relegated - Since Notts Forest has a rich history in European cup according to your analogy, are they still considered a big club till date Again, going by your analogy, so you want me to compare Notts history in the 60s (wey i never even born begin dey watch footy) to the current Chelsea side who's gat no "rich" history cos form is temporary and class is permanent and because Notts' gat a richer European history than Chelsea SMH!!

And please stay on point - I am not insinuating that Liverpool is no longer a top club, all I'm saying is that as liverpool became a top club and made history so are Spurs and Shitty now climbing to the top to make theirs so you can't take anything away from them. . .United are on the verge of upsurging the 18 EPL titles and ending Liverpool reign as "the most succesful club in England" - it all started in one day with Busby and continued when SAF was appointed as the gaffer till date. If you think Spurs who bit Inter Milan, UCL holders to top their group and qualify for the knockout stages is not a big club now, then there's no point debating anylonger. Spurs may make yet another history if they whoop Milan's bums in the knock out stages of the UCL come Feb.

If not for current events, would you have had history As a fan, current events are what keeps us going, if you think current form doesn't count anylonger then we can as well fold, pack up and stop watching the current games and start basing all our debates and arguments on our reach history which would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 5:05am On Dec 20, 2010
You dint become a big club overnight or even in 5 yrs you have to pay your dues and be consistent for a much longer time.

Hull City was around the top of the table some seasons back, At that point, can we call them a top club?

At a time, Mainz was top of the BL and Bayern was towards the bottom, Can we at that point say Mainz was a bigger club
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 6:38am On Dec 20, 2010
Nice one Mojo!

Don't mind dt boi Cougar!

A big game is determined on current form. Forest and UTD isn't a big game, a big game is UTD and City cos of the strength of the clubs playing at that particular point in time

Note: I'm not discussing which club is a big club or not! Citey on current form are title contenders and the quality of the players and the resources they have has shown they can win anytime soon

I'm not gonna enter the big club argument cos its vague and doesn't make sense

Ask Messi today and he'll tell u playing Chelsea will be a huge game but by the definations I'm reading, chelsea aint a big club!

Big club or not, games involving teams with no pedigree but with quality players will be a big game if they are as good as the team with pedigree!

Nuff said!

Was Enyimba a club with Pedigree b4 they won champions league?

Did Wolfsburg not win Bundesliga? My point again is a good team win titles, not a team with pedigree

Verdict: City can win and challenge for titles; any game involving city and the traditional big clubs is a big game!

It makes sense!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 20, 2010
tkb417:

@starboard
I didn't know a team that hasn't won the title in the past cannot be termed title contenders

First time I'm hearing that. Unbelievably its coming from you.

Believe what you believe, Citey are in the league to win it. Past achievements don't count, the strength of the team today is what matters!

Wolfsburg from nowhere won the Bundesliga cos they had exciting players, same with FC Twente; should I mention Blackburn had no winning credentials when they won in the year they did apart from the fact that they had a good team

CVs don't win trophies, its the quality of the team in question that does. Ruling out Citey cos they haven't won b4 means Enyimba shdnt have won african champions league and 9ja league cos in the history of 9ja and african football, they were nothn b4 they won d first time.

Enyimba won cos they had money to attract talents and they did

Oga, u sabi your footie, I sabi mine too.

*sigh*
Man,
Believe what you want to.
Cougar says it all when he mentions Sky sports and their fixtures.
Any team with no title pedigree is just a pretender/noisemaker.
Till City win something,I won't take them as a big team,never mind their spendings.
You mention Enyimba,true point,but can we say the same about City as of today?
It's what you win at the end of the season that gives an indication of how strong a side is.Potential doesn't count till they prove their signings with trophies.

I'm still wondering what makes CITY/ARSENAL a big game.Because most big games I know dwell on RIVALRY.And up till Adebayor's move, I can't see what is big about the fixture.
Arsenal don't win the BIG GAMES or shold I say haven't won the big games lately.
@mojounited,
Your theory is flawed from where I see it.
Even though Liverpool isn't in the top four,Liverpool are a bigger team than City will ever dream to be at this point.And thus,when they play Man. United,it will still be the biggest gaame in England because of the rivalry over time borne out of titles won.The moment Forest comes into the EPL,believe me they will be a big deal.
Tommy Smith's list is highly SUBJECTIVE,and it's his opinion.Warri Wolves can be top of my 25 list and I could give reasons why.So let's not use someone's skewed opinion as a barometer.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 20, 2010
dayokanu:

You dint become a big club overnight or even in 5 yrs you have to pay your dues and be consistent for a much longer time.
Hull City was around the top of the table some seasons back, At that point, can we call them a top club?
At a time, Mainz was top of the BL and Bayern was towards the bottom, Can we at that point say Mainz was a bigger club
I asked this question a while ago and no one has answered me.
Hull City was third 2008-09 as at week 9 and played Arsenal.Was that a big game?
A big game is backed up with HISTORY and RIVALRY.
Arsenal might have a little bit of history(debateable),but City have none to even start a rivalry.

Meanwhile,tkb and mojounited,
You cannot be more Arsenal than their present captain.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/19/arsenal-cesc-fabregas-fear
Any comments?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 11:11am On Dec 20, 2010
mojounited:

I didn't butter your bread abeg grin If you think rankings shouldn't be based on current form, why are Barcelona and Man. United who both have 3 European cups currently ranked higher than Real (9), Milan (7), Liverpool (5) Euro trophies respectively Even Chelsea and Arsenal who've not won it before are ranked higher. . .When Juventus were relegated, did you check their ranking that year

the question should be why isn't inter milan on top of the ranking since you are more reliant on current form? why is liverpool ahead of inter milan in the current uefa rankings? i guess that puts tommy smith's ranking into the bin.

Nottingham Forest won the European Cup 2 times since God knows when and got relegated - Since Notts Forest has a rich history in European cup according to your analogy, are they still considered a big club till date Again, going by your analogy, so you want me to compare Notts history in the 60s (wey i never even born begin dey watch footy) to the current Chelsea side who's gat no "rich" history cos form is temporary and class is permanent and because Notts' gat a richer European history than Chelsea SMH!!

whenever nottingham forest get back to playing in europe, they will be considered a big club again. you will start seeing headlines screaming "the glory days are back". it is still in the history books that nottingham forest have won in elite europe, something no london club is yet to achieve. you cannot beat history, not even roman's billions or sheikh's mega-billions can buy forest's history. chelsea/citeh/spurs are on the verge of making history, a task nottingham forest have achieved 40 years ago.

And please stay on point - I am not insinuating that Liverpool is no longer a top club, all I'm saying is that as liverpool became a top club and made history so are Spurs and Shitty now climbing to the top to make theirs so you can't take anything away from them. . .United are on the verge of upsurging the 18 EPL titles and ending Liverpool reign as "the most succesful club in England" - it all started in one day with Busby and continued when SAF was appointed as the gaffer till date. If you think Spurs who bit Inter Milan, UCL holders to top their group and qualify for the knockout stages is not a big club now, then there's no point debating anylonger. Spurs may make yet another history if they whoop Milan's bums in the knock out stages of the UCL come Feb.

united are on the verge of overtaking liverpool but man utd will still have to win 6 champions league titles to completely put liverpool's rich history into the bin. liverpool are not only huge domestically, they are colossal in europe. mentioning spurs, chelsea or man city(who are still yet to play in elite europe) is disrespectful where liverpool are concerned. they are not in the same level at all.

If not for current events, would you have had history As a fan, current events are what keeps us going, if you think current form doesn't count anylonger then we can as well fold, pack up and stop watching the current games and start basing all our debates and arguments on our reach history which would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. . .

yesterday is history, today is making/creating history. that united tonked arsenal last week is now history. so my friend, what we actually do everytime we brag here is talking about history. dayo beats his chest here everytime because of bayern munich's history not  what they are yet to do. madrid are the most successful in the world is because of their history. arsenal are considered to be shyte cos they have no european pedigree or rich history and so on and forth. history is what makes a football club not pumping mega-billions.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2010
There are obviously different types of big games. You cannot say because Spurs and City are doing well now a match between them is as big as a match between Man utd and Chelsea. No way.

Big game pass big game o!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2010
@MR TA
Has the debate ever been which of the games is bigger? NO

The question is, is the game between Arsenal and Citey a big game?

The answer is Yes

My opinion
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
By that reasoning, you can find a way to call nearly every game a big game.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2010
@Starboad
I'm using my fone. Can't open the link

What's d link saying? Is Cesc saying Arsenal aint a big club or the game involving City a small game?

Abeg post here

And mind you, you were quick to wave off comments from SAF about city, now ure doing same thing by bringing here comments from Cesc

First off, lemme read what d guy is saying

And to all u posted, read again plss

U said City aint title contenders and they won't ever win shey? I told u about Eyimba, wolfsburg and Twente and ure still yapping things!

U don't have to accord them any regard, the footballers/coaches and those who run football in England know they are contenders

Who do I take seriously? You?

My friend, no let me whoze u oh
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
@tkb,
Before Enyimba won a title in Africa,how many times did they try?
You think being a big team just happens by signing players left,right and centre?
City won't be termed a serious contender till they start doing well in the league (i.e. consistent top-4 finishes).
Let them spend till eternity.They simply DONT have the history to be termed a big club.End of.

Fergie and co will be concerned about city obviously because of thir new-found spending power mostly because Fergie and co can't match City in that area.But as an informed soccer person I expect you to know that building a contender isn't just by buying players.Unfortunately you've chosen to forget that issue.
How can you call a side whose best finish in the league was 5th a big side?How can a side whose best finish is 5th in the league in the EPL era be involved in a big game other than a local derby? Are you ok or is room service still poor where you are?
Boy,check yourself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2010
Everyone is still avoiding this,

Were games vs Hull City considered Big games 2 seasons ago?

Or when West Brom was riding high earlier this season, their games are still Big games?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.