Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,228 members, 7,846,065 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It (5173 Views)

Black American Woman Looking For A 50/50 Relationship / 'Why Ladies Should Stop Driving Men Away' - Nigerian Woman Says / 13 Truths All Single Ladies Should Know!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ekemeze:

"stupid male behaviour that FRUSTRATES the females, right?"

It's a man's world after all. lol what're you gonna do about it?
Give you a dose of your medicine

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
You would think they would be happier given the privileges modern society has accorded them at our expense, but no, the millennial woman is as unhappy and unhealthy as never before; she suffers from insomnia due to anxiety/depression and needs pills to sleep, issues with fertility and her body tissues getting susceptible to one form of breast/cervical cancer - some even before they hit menopause. Battle scars I guess.

They abhored our masculinity so much they didn't mind sacrificing their feminine nature in the process. How can a hetrosexual relationship ever be fulfilling for both partners when they are practically going out of their way to trade their traditional roles? That heterosexual attraction can only be sustained when you both remain polar opposites of each other, anything other than this kills the natural dynamics and the relationship becomes transactual - just like the 50-50 nonsense those two were playing out.

Feminst or not, please ladies cherish and preserve your femininity. Both genders have never been at war, maybe we were wrong for thinking you were okay playing second fiddle all the while but when you folks spoke out we made amends and accorded you all your rightful place in society. Now you want to pull the rug from underneath us, a grown arse man cooking and washing plates for you maka why.

7 Likes

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
they are really a confused and insatiable set
CorGier:
You would think they would be happier given the privileges modern society has accorded them at our expense, but no, the millennial woman is as unhappy and unhealthy as never before; she suffers from insomnia due to anxiety/depression and needs pills to sleep, issues with fertility and her body tissues getting susceptible to one form of breast/cervical cancer - some even before they hit menopause. Battle scars I guess.

They abhored our masculinity so much they didn't mind sacrificing their feminine nature in the process. How can a hetrosexual relationship ever be fulfilling for both partners when they are practically going out of their way to trade their traditional roles? That heterosexual attraction can only be sustained when you both remain polar opposites of each other, anything other than this kills the natural dynamics and the relationship becomes transactual - just like the 50-50 nonsense those two were playing out.

Feminst or not, please ladies cherish and preserve your femininity. Both genders have never been at war, maybe we were wrong for thinking you were okay playing second fiddle all the while but when you folks spoke out we made amends and accorded you all your rightful place in society. Now you want to pull the rug from underneath us, a grown arse man cooking and washing plates for you maka why.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
CorGier:

your post did not make sense, at all

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Davash222:
Sometimes, you ladies don’t have sense(sorry, no sorry)Your man lost his job, he’s broke and down and all you wants him to be doing is washing plates and cleaning the house for you
I doubt if any man in such situation would be thinking of washing plates.
Most men can’t handle being broke, once they’re broke, the only thing occupying their head is how to rise again not washing plates and cleaning the house for a local feminist!!

A guy once told me he is happy being a man

And I told him guy you will one day regret being a man

Instantly we almost got into a fight but as

as a gentleman I no help him drag

he's married now though
so what's my points around last year he came to visit me and was telling me what he is going through as a man
catering for his wife and three kids plus house rent, and how his wife used to behave
sometimes if he doesn't get paid or broke
Immediately I sigh and flashed back to what I told him. ..
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

A guy once told me he is happy being a man

And I told him guy you will one day regret being a man

Instantly we almost got into a fight but as

as a gentleman I no help him drag

he's married now though
so what's my points around last year he came to visit me and was telling me what he is going through as a man
catering for his wife and three kids plus house rent, and how his wife used to behave
sometimes if he doesn't get paid or broke
Immediately I sigh and flashed back to what I told him. ..

Your main job as a man is to provide for and protect your family, is that now too much for you?
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kingsteve(m): 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I'm in a relationship actually.
Really?
*The gods must be crazy to allow such*

Serious question...
Do you actually practice what you preach on NL in reality, or is your online persona different from the real you?
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kingsteve:

Really?
*The gods must be crazy to allow such*

Serious question...
Do you actually practice what you preach on NL in reality, or is your online persona different from the real you?

what do you think?
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kingsteve(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
what do you think?
I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kingsteve:

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
it will always remain a mystery
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kingsteve(m): 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
it will always remain a mystery
Hmmm...
Let's see how mysterious it gets, till that unfortunate man makes the mistake of marrying you.
That's assuming you're the same evil minded feminist in person.

If your online persona is different from your reality, please, tone it down, so you don't end up deceiving gullible females looking up-to you.

Think about it!

3 Likes

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by blinking001(m): 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Sooooo, now I know that going 50/50 is a terrible idea and a sham. However, in the past I did not know any better as I thought I was being progressive or that it made sense.However

My friend's Story:

She well to do, about 3 years my senior and very staunch in her beliefs also now a chartered accountant.

She was dating a guy for 4 years then(I know, ). It was her first serious relationship. She's super smart, like getting scholarships and a philosophical kinda smart, and a feminist to the core. Since the start of the relationship, He suggested that a relationship is a partnership, hence they should do everything 50:50. she used to have the mindset of "It makes sense to go in half of the bills because this isn't the 1960 anymore and many women are working now. It's not fair to the guy to pay all the bills". I loved her a lot, but it was one of the topics we both disagreed on that time.

I told her that everything wouldn't be exactly 50/50 as that's impossible, but her expectation was that it would be close. That also included housework as well.

Things became interesting when she and her boyfriend decided to rent a flat together.

They decided to split the bill and house chores. Even though at first he cooked, he stopped doing that as she began to learn how to cook soups from his tribe. There was a time when she lost her job at the beginning of buhari regime, so of course he had to pick up all the bills. She did all the cooking and housework and continued to look for a job because she felt it was the right thing to do. He would come home to a neat house, a hot meal but tired girlfriend. She eventually found another, but the pay was less.

However, he too lost his job about a year later and she was paying all the bills, there was almost no reciprocity. She would come home to a dirty house and no food. That was the time that she was working and going to courses to write her ACCA exams. Back then she would complain to me, since also was friends with the guy. She was so frustrated.

It became so bad that she had to resort to nagging when she got home and asked why the dishes were not done, he'd begin to do them while she would do other house chores....but he had all day to do them, . On a side note, she then began to fail her papers, and all he had was the audacity to say "Maybe you should find more time to study. She was making good grades when she was working and writing exams." All she kept telling me was, "IF HE HELPED AROUND THE HOUSE AND COOKED I WOULD HAVE MORE TIME TO STUDY!!" Not only that, he had an online course, for 2 months which hardly count as full time But she didn't say anything.He eventually got another job though.

People suggested that she was emasculating him, so she said calmly tried talked to him about his lack of effort on several occasions but it didn't seem to matter although he agreed he'd do more.

He had a bad habit of starting chores and not finishing them (whether he had a job or not) and always had an excuse:

"I got distracted." "I'll get to it later." "I'm too busy"

It didn't help that family members were excusing his behavior. They claimed they always had to do his chores as he never finished them either, when they were kids. She didn't care about that. He wasn't a child anymore and that screamed lack of maturity.

She got so sick of it that she decided to be petty (she still regrets it). She didn't wash dishes for an entire month just to see how far it would go. Well, She only washed what she needed personally and left the rest. Surprisingly, he complained within a week. "The dishes haven't been done in a few days..." And she immediately proceeded to give most of the excuses he gave her the MULTIPLE times she confronted him about it during that month. He was pissed, but yet, only did the dishes a total of three times that month and had an attitude doing even that.

She ended up doing dishes again because she was tired of the state of the kitchen although it was only twice a week and that still wasn't enough for him.

Eventually, her new company was downsized and her salary was slashed. So she couldn't pay half like she used to. It was agreed that he'd pay rent and she'd pay the utilities and cable. Yeah...he eventually didn't like that anymore either.

He also started proposing marriage and wanting her to get pregnant before that and she said no. He asked why. She told him it was because It felt like she was doing most of everything. She did most of the cooking and cleaning still and having a baby would be more work for her. They had an argument about it. She honestly felt bad and thought maybe he would be a good dad but in any case, as if she didn't have enough red flags, this was the moment that confirmed 50/50 ideology was not working out for her. Just the thought of bringing a child into the world when she felt he wasn't even helping her or being supportive at that point was too much.

Eventually the relationship ended (I was the only happy one) . Her reasoning was because they weren't making each other happy and she couldn't take it anymore, and his was because she was a lazy woman who wasn't sacrificing for the relationship like he was (rolling my eyes at him).

She is in London today, doing her master's under a scholarship tuition free and all expenses paid. We still keep in touch. The guy is married. But he complains of how dirty his wife is. Ain't karma a bitch. The end.

Anyway, all that to say 50/50 is a scam. I feel like there are too many guys who proudly exclaim, "It's not 1950 anymore!" Or "It's 2020 now", but it obviously only applies to bills and NOT housework. They want the woman to still embrace her "gender role" 100% and do all the cooking, cleaning, and child rearing if a child or children are involved but also want the woman to step in HIS gender role as the provider and pay for half the bills as well. That's already 150% at least on her part while he's doing 50%

Also, I know that a financially well off man is not the only qualification because some will financially abuse women and I'm not advocating for complete dependency on a man either. All men have to be vetted the same in many areas no matter what.
Spits.

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Fisher007: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Your main job as a man is to provide for and protect your family, is that now too much for you?

That is true traditionally. Please what is the main job of a woman?

Please answer sincerely.

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Blazebond(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
Arsenate:
Maybe if you can actually get a relationship and maintain it for a couple of weeks you'll probably be too busy to post shiit stuffs on nairaland. For now you are just an Inspin (involuntary Spinster) an equivalent of male Incels. Any lady who listens to you would more than likely end up like you.

Inspin ( involuntary spinster) hahahahahahahahahahahahaha,that's the sad case of many core feminists o.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Godoverevery:
Like u just cooked up D's shit ...Did u even read all D's all over before posting.

can't even say D's a movie cos is so fake to be one
its a fabricated story.. grin grin made it up to justify her feminist ego.. lol the guy lost his job just immediately she got hers.. what a perfect story lol
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
I love this write-up alot.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ekemeze:

"stupid male behaviour that FRUSTRATES the females, right?"

It's a man's world after all. lol what're you gonna do about it?
absolutely nothing grin they complain and talk about how women are taking over.. yet its men that pay them grin
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
CorGier:

let them keep fooling themselves.. displaying masculinity as a womam.. i dont find masculine womem attractive, they're disgusting

2 Likes

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
This broke silly ugly girl again with her trash. one man equals all men now. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kingsteve:

Hmmm...
Let's see how mysterious it gets, till that unfortunate man makes the mistake of marrying you.
That's assuming you're the same evil minded feminist in person.

If your online persona is different from your reality, please, tone it down, so you don't end up deceiving gullible females looking up-to you.

Think about it!
which sane man wants a fat ugly pig with attitude none
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
Fisher007:

That is true traditionally. Please what is the main job of a woman?

Please answer sincerely.
to nuture and take care of the family
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
to nuture and take care of the family
so why do you habe a problem with that?..
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by proclinician: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
with a wonderful man. He also knows about funmisticqueen and is okay with it

You mean he knows about the geriatric and is cool with that This man must be the man of nazareth. Pls help me ask him if he is the messaiah we are waiting for or should we keep on waiting?

Bwahahahaa

This is ridiculous
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
so why do you habe a problem with that?..
I don't have any issue with that, I have an issue with adding a man's duty to my own.

I have nothing against treating a man who deserves my respect with respect, but respecting you because you have the XY chromosome? Nah, bro.

Except if you are my father, brother, uncle, cousin, boyfriend, or husband, or shown yourself responsible or are elderly, I won't treat you with respect or give you the benefits of the doubt. The same thing applies to me.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kekereekun123:
which sane man wants a fat ugly pig with attitude none
which sane woman wants a low achiever with verbal diarrhoea like you? None.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Ekemeze: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
which sane woman wants a low achiever with verbal diarrhoea like you? None.
low achiever kill you there. i qualified as an ACA before i graduated from UK. you think say i be like you wey no fit afford house rent. come Ikate make i house you
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by AkuOlisa: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
funmisticqueen2:

And your main job as a woman is to take care of the house and the children is that to much for you ?
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
I don't understand funmisticqueen2,your post ain't specific. 50/50 on what?finances or house chores ? Or both?
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I don't have any issue with that, I have an issue with adding a man's duty to my own.

I have nothing against treating a man who deserves my respect with respect, but respecting you because you have the XY chromosome? Nah, bro.

Except if you are my father, brother, uncle, cousin, boyfriend, or husband, or shown yourself responsible or are elderly, I won't treat you with respect or give you the benefits of the doubt. The same thing applies to me.

lol i feel like youre in a phase of your life where you're experimenting with your ideas and thoughts... most of these things y'all dont practise it in real life.. i once met a babe, before we met she claimed she was a feminist, all for girl power.. when we met it was different, during the first year she started talking about how she wants to settle down and raise her own kids... lol give it time.. this phase would pass
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
lol i feel like youre in a phase of your life where you're experimenting with your ideas and thoughts... most of these things y'all dont practise it in real life.. i once met a babe, before we met she claimed she was a feminist, all for girl power.. when we met it was different, during the first year she started talking about how she wants to settle down and raise her own kids... lol give it time.. this phase would pass
I'm not a feminist
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
responsibilities in a relationship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Your Gf Is Someone's Wife(photo) / Gold Circle Increases Its Price / Am I Cute.....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.