Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,350 members, 7,846,518 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It (5175 Views)

Black American Woman Looking For A 50/50 Relationship / 'Why Ladies Should Stop Driving Men Away' - Nigerian Woman Says / 13 Truths All Single Ladies Should Know!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ekemeze:

And if a guy decides to do same, you wil tag him "jobless, broke, useless". Lol come outta this cloak of pretence and secrecy, you hate men. Its written all over you. But thank God, it changes nothing.

Men that DM you after seeing all these shits u do here are sissy men, pussy worshippers and those ugly mofos who don't have choice. sadly there are plenty of such men.
and they call me a ugly fat hippo, tit for tat sweetie.

If you believe I hate men, that's on you, I'm too lazy to change that opinion. Have a nice day.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Ekemeze: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Petyprincess(f): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I am very confident in myself, thank you. I'm just a radical person. Always have been.

Infact Kennedyiheme, I am so confident that I used to post my pics without makeup and filters, but when jobless men with a vendetta, started screenshotting my dp, I stopped changing it frequently, infact I feared for my life when someone from nairaland sent me death threats on my WhatsApp and instagram and removed it. Had to shut down my Instagram because of it too.

Now the idiot had to post my pic here again.
Are you serious? Bt hw did they get ur number nd instagram username?Some guys here are really sick honestly,i fear any lady dating them in real life, how can you threaten someone because you have beef on faceless forum? One thing you should never do is to disclose ur personal details on this forum including your real name nd number!! We have many sick people on this forum!! Uploading your pictures isn't encouraged either,i'm glad many ladies are removing their profile picture!!
One needs to be careful!!!

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
lol when it comes to women, sadly you think the same..
we think the same of men too. But we don't hold it against you
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
we think the same of men too. But we don't hold it against you
who cares we are mgtows now grin

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ekemeze:

No sane nigga would come close to u.lol You need a sissy man to toss around as u like. Thank God there are many of them now.

My last words: when you have male kids, train them to become sissy soft men. I'm pretty sure you will like it when there become foot mats to other women. OUT
I will train my son's to respect everyone and treat people fairly regardless of gender, race and tribe. And I won't do it alone, but with a supportive husband and father figure who will usher him to manhood.

So please don't use that condescending tone on me, because I didn't insult you. Good day
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
who cares we are mgtows now grin
And yet, here you are on this thread.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Shugavee(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
I am a feminist but I hv never agreed with that 50/50 talk , there are still gender roles in the home, that can’t change ,, the man can help with House chores sometimes, n the lady can help to pay the bills if the need arises,, but that 50/50 talk can’t work . The man is incharge of the bills n the lady incharge of the home,, having a job is a plus to ur self n not the home cause that’s a man’s job!!
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Your main job as a man is to provide for and protect your family, is that now too much for you?
Look at this one who says it too much

Please read very well
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
And yet, here you are on this thread.
to enlighten the simps yes

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Jeweltz(f): 1:00am On Feb 12, 2020
I, as a woman, will never succumb to this your idea. If your Man is mandated to help you clean house even after providing for you and the kids, what's your job as a woman? Just sitting down watching telemundo and claiming feminist!?

1 Like

Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 12, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I'm reporting you to the mods. Never in your miserable life post my private details again. I am sure you are ChiefJosy/livecamp09, only that sick stalker will do something as miserable as this.

U are a fool.. Why mentioning my name low life slut?.. What do i know about you?
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Kennedyiheme: 7:32am On Feb 12, 2020
Jeweltz:
I, as a woman, will never succumb to this your idea. If your Man is mandated to help you clean house even after providing for you and the kids, what's your job as a woman? Just sitting down watching telemundo and claiming feminist!?
she's still experimenting with her just found feminist ideas.. its probably gonns take experience for her to understand this... no man would marry a womam that can't add any value to a family... i for one find womem taking masculine roles in relationships disgusting, just fo your part as a woman, stop trying to be a man
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2020
Jeweltz:
Well, you are welcome to your opinion sweetie.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
she's still experimenting with her just found feminist ideas.. its probably gonns take experience for her to understand this... no man would marry a womam that can't add any value to a family... i for one find womem taking masculine roles in relationships disgusting, just fo your part as a woman, stop trying to be a man
lol!!

Like you are gonna add value.
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by healthserve(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Sooooo, now I know that going 50/50 is a terrible idea and a sham. However, in the past I did not know any better as I thought I was being progressive or that it made sense.However

My friend's Story:

She well to do, about 3 years my senior and very staunch in her beliefs also now a chartered accountant.

She was dating a guy for 4 years then(I know, ). It was her first serious relationship. She's super smart, like getting scholarships and a philosophical kinda smart, and a feminist to the core. Since the start of the relationship, He suggested that a relationship is a partnership, hence they should do everything 50:50. she used to have the mindset of "It makes sense to go in half of the bills because this isn't the 1960 anymore and many women are working now. It's not fair to the guy to pay all the bills". I loved her a lot, but it was one of the topics we both disagreed on that time.

I told her that everything wouldn't be exactly 50/50 as that's impossible, but her expectation was that it would be close. That also included housework as well.

Things became interesting when she and her boyfriend decided to rent a flat together.

They decided to split the bill and house chores. Even though at first he cooked, he stopped doing that as she began to learn how to cook soups from his tribe. There was a time when she lost her job at the beginning of buhari regime, so of course he had to pick up all the bills. She did all the cooking and housework and continued to look for a job because she felt it was the right thing to do. He would come home to a neat house, a hot meal but tired girlfriend. She eventually found another, but the pay was less.

However, he too lost his job about a year later and she was paying all the bills, there was almost no reciprocity. She would come home to a dirty house and no food. That was the time that she was working and going to courses to write her ACCA exams. Back then she would complain to me, since also was friends with the guy. She was so frustrated.

It became so bad that she had to resort to nagging when she got home and asked why the dishes were not done, he'd begin to do them while she would do other house chores....but he had all day to do them, . On a side note, she then began to fail her papers, and all he had was the audacity to say "Maybe you should find more time to study. She was making good grades when she was working and writing exams." All she kept telling me was, "IF HE HELPED AROUND THE HOUSE AND COOKED I WOULD HAVE MORE TIME TO STUDY!!" Not only that, he had an online course, for 2 months which hardly count as full time But she didn't say anything.He eventually got another job though.

People suggested that she was emasculating him, so she said calmly tried talked to him about his lack of effort on several occasions but it didn't seem to matter although he agreed he'd do more.

He had a bad habit of starting chores and not finishing them (whether he had a job or not) and always had an excuse:

"I got distracted." "I'll get to it later." "I'm too busy"

It didn't help that family members were excusing his behavior. They claimed they always had to do his chores as he never finished them either, when they were kids. She didn't care about that. He wasn't a child anymore and that screamed lack of maturity.

She got so sick of it that she decided to be petty (she still regrets it). She didn't wash dishes for an entire month just to see how far it would go. Well, She only washed what she needed personally and left the rest. Surprisingly, he complained within a week. "The dishes haven't been done in a few days..." And she immediately proceeded to give most of the excuses he gave her the MULTIPLE times she confronted him about it during that month. He was pissed, but yet, only did the dishes a total of three times that month and had an attitude doing even that.

She ended up doing dishes again because she was tired of the state of the kitchen although it was only twice a week and that still wasn't enough for him.

Eventually, her new company was downsized and her salary was slashed. So she couldn't pay half like she used to. It was agreed that he'd pay rent and she'd pay the utilities and cable. Yeah...he eventually didn't like that anymore either.

He also started proposing marriage and wanting her to get pregnant before that and she said no. He asked why. She told him it was because It felt like she was doing most of everything. She did most of the cooking and cleaning still and having a baby would be more work for her. They had an argument about it. She honestly felt bad and thought maybe he would be a good dad but in any case, as if she didn't have enough red flags, this was the moment that confirmed 50/50 ideology was not working out for her. Just the thought of bringing a child into the world when she felt he wasn't even helping her or being supportive at that point was too much.

Eventually the relationship ended (I was the only happy one) . Her reasoning was because they weren't making each other happy and she couldn't take it anymore, and his was because she was a lazy woman who wasn't sacrificing for the relationship like he was (rolling my eyes at him).

She is in London today, doing her master's under a scholarship tuition free and all expenses paid. We still keep in touch. The guy is married. But he complains of how dirty his wife is. Ain't karma a bitch. The end.

Anyway, all that to say 50/50 is a scam. I feel like there are too many guys who proudly exclaim, "It's not 1950 anymore!" Or "It's 2020 now", but it obviously only applies to bills and NOT housework. They want the woman to still embrace her "gender role" 100% and do all the cooking, cleaning, and child rearing if a child or children are involved but also want the woman to step in HIS gender role as the provider and pay for half the bills as well. That's already 150% at least on her part while he's doing 50%

Also, I know that a financially well off man is not the only qualification because some will financially abuse women and I'm not advocating for complete dependency on a man either. All men have to be vetted the same in many areas no matter what.

This girl sha
Re: Why 50:50 In A Relationship Is A Scam, And Ladies Should Not Do It by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
healthserve:

This girl sha
how far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Body Signs That Indicate She’s Interested In You / Read Me ! Read Me !! Read Me !!! / How Effective Is Postinor 2? I Dey Fear O!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.