Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. (50934 Views)

Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Supreme Court Nullifies APC's Appeal On Rivers Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Liposure: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
Am deeply disappointed in d supreme court 4 reviewing a case dey finalised. This shows d incompetence of our judicial system

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
wwwihy:

Supreme court is reversing the judgement
Based on what argument?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by blasted12: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
frowland:

Did he forge any certificate? Thought it's a case of misspelling.
Oluchukwu and Oluchi is same thing but in legal terms..?
Chukwudi and Chidi is same thing.
Nkiruka and Nkiru
OluwaSeyi and Seyi
Chukwuma and Chima
Anayo & Anayochukwu.
I have also heard of Muhammad and Muhammed and Muhammadu
Etc etc etc.. the list and names are endless.
So if Supreme accepted Buhari names as it is, why did they then reject the other.
Well, they may have their reasons.
Look, we shouldn't copy paste white man's constitution without looking at our culture and traditions first.
This copy and paste constitution is the biggest problem we have as a diverse nation.
Hahahahaha you should be his lawyer. Lyon is history. The case PDP have against his deputy is a slam dunk

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Enimoney3: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
Have you guys heard latest news regarding bayelsa state? The deputy of incumbent governor is also having forgery of certificate. The case is in court

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
Liposure:
Am deeply disappointed in d supreme court 4 reviewing a case dey finalised. This shows d incompetence of our judicial system
Judges are human and they are not infallible. The review of the case filed by Ihedioha was backed up by some relevant sections of the constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Blindersoff: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
blasted12:
On the bayelsa case I'm afraid there's no appeal. The law is clear you forge any document you get automatically disqualified

No document was forged. The judgement read that it was because the names did not match his submitted documents. This does not mean it was forged.

All he has to do is prove beyond reasonable doubt that the names are his

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by frowland(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
blasted12:
Hahahahaha you should be his lawyer. Lyon is history. The case PDP have against his deputy is a slam dunk

I don't care who wins or lose as it is none of my business. I am just concerned about how the western constitution is messing with our culture and local names. It's as simple as that. You can go and die for them for all I care.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by xrayj(m): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
ursullalinda:
Ihedioha's case was daylight robbery.....but Appeal after supreme verdict......that sounds odd.
I don't understand too
I thought supreme court verdict is final?
Do people also appeal it?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enimoney3:
Have you guys heard latest news regarding bayelsa state? The deputy of incumbent governor is also having forgery of certificate. The case is in court
.. Source please
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by NigeriaIsDoomed: 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
millionboi2:
u can't undstand simple qtn?
There was no question mark to indicate that it was a question.
The man has false affidavits.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enimoney3:
If the court finds him guilty, then he and his boss should step aside. But my fear is that immunity already covers them, my opinion though because I don’t really know the legal implication.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Laytin: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]
blasted12:
[/s]
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Lovelive: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Aremolekunowo:
I pray David Lyon be returned has he won the election.....the deputy should be removed and returned Lyon back as the candidate.

You are so naive

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by rrreer: 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
I'll give up on this country if Supreme Court
fails to reverse that IMO ruling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by wwwihy: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
CyberWolf:
Based on what argument?
Presentation of affidavits and confirmation from the schools that he is indeed the one that attended and obtained those certificates ...

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by xrayj(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
Omokiri1:
I thought the decision of the supreme court is final and irrevocable?
I m confused too
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
Blindersoff:

No document was forged. The judgement read that it was because the names did not match his submitted documents. This does not mean it was forged.

All he has to do is prove beyond reasonable doubt that the names are his
Which he couldn’t prove, that’s why he lost at the high court and Supreme Court.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
wwwihy:

Presentation of affidavits and confirmation from the schools that he is indeed the one that attended and obtain those certificates ...
But he couldn’t do that during the trial, why?

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by sorom4: 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Give Ihedioha and Lyon their mandates

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by wwwihy: 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
CyberWolf:
But he couldn’t do that during the trial, why?
Negligence
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Tospringe: 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Ihedioha is coming back but as for Lyon he has no case simple.
Next time he should not associate with someone who forges certificate.
None of them are coming back

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
wwwihy:

Negligence
Exactly and that’s why his ass was nailed. So there is nothing he can do now.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Agugbadin: 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
hisgrace090:
Crashing his victory do to his deputy's iregularities is unfair.

Very fair judgment,they have a joint ticket and are inseparable.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by henryhemon(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
hisgrace090:
Crashing his victory do to his deputy's iregularities is unfair.

What do you know about the law or you re just saying it's unfair?
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by millionboi2: 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
dia was no complete affidavit to back up all d changes...ok

So thy is nothin wrong changing ur name with a legal document
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Agugbadin: 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
sorom4:
Give Ihedioha and Lyon their mandates

Ihedioha yes but Lyon has lost it, he has no case

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Blindersoff: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
CyberWolf:
Which he couldn’t prove, that’s why he lost at the high court and Supreme Court.

Who said he could not prove it. Perhaps he was not given ample time to get the documents required for proof or was just lackadaisical about the whole thing so felt it did not matter since it was no forgery.

Now that he has seen the seriousness all required documents for proof may have been gotten now.

Anyway the court will review
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
millionboi2:
dia was no complete affidavit to back up all d changes...ok

So thy is nothin wrong changing ur name with a legal document
yes of course

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by wwwihy: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
CyberWolf:
Exactly and that’s why his ass was nailed. So there is nothing he can do now.
If there is nothing, Supreme Court will not even entertain review in the first place. They will look at the substance of the appeal for review and not the form of it.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CanadaOrBust: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Who do you think should come bak? Like for ihedioha, Share for Lyon FC

You (and the SC) are making it look like the two cases are comparable by lumping them together. They are not! Disqualification is common in politics per Bayelsa. In Imo nobody was disqualified instead it is a case of the SC aiding and abetting clear fraud and rigging

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Blindersoff: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:

How can someone have a legal document such as a sworn and notarized affidavit and you say it is false affidavit. You well so?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Enimoney3: 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Immunity does not cover electoral fraud.. They will be removed immediately.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri / #Organise4Tinubu: Nigerians Join Tinubu's Bike Challenge / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.