Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,021 members, 7,828,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. (50927 Views)

Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Supreme Court Nullifies APC's Appeal On Rivers Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Shegzo(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Lyon case APC score on own goal
Ihedioha Case Supreme Court score on own goal

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Jiyke(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Omokiri1:
I thought the decision of the supreme court is final and irrevocable?
It can be revocable. Assuming supreme court condemned someone to death, and later new evidences exonerating the person comes up. The case would be reviewed
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Enimoney3: 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
He didn't declared them in news paper....
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by begge: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
SO NIGERIA SUPREME COURT HAS NOW TURN TO GBO GBEN TA GBO GBEN YE. WHAT A SHAME
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Agugbadin: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enimoney3:
Have you guys heard latest news regarding bayelsa state? The deputy of incumbent governor is also having forgery of certificate. The case is in court

Stop spreading falsehood, the deputy has a clean track record
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Sulaad(m): 6:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
https:///C15lICXEyjBAVcY3kqHCTg
Join team bulldozer today and gain your financial freedom as soon as possible. Click on the above link for details. Here is my evidence:

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by philos(m): 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
Saintp:
We need to build strong institutions in Nigeria. Look at the shambles the highest court of the land has turned to all in a bid to do the bidding of the executive.

We now have PDP supreme court and APC supreme court all competing with each other to rescue their own even if it means dishing out frivolous judgments. Too bad

Methinks the Bayelsa judgment was a retaliation by the PDP supreme court for the APC supreme court judicial robbery on Imo. Otherwise there is no way the governor should have been thrown out because of his deputy judging by precedence of that kind of issue

You Took These Words From My Mouth!
YOU NAILED IT.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Assetosky(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
blasted12:
On the bayelsa case I'm afraid there's no appeal. The law is clear you forge any document you get automatically disqualified
pls o.....did the supreme Court ascertained that those documents were actually forged? I did not see where the institutions denied issuing those certs. These are my own observations Sha��

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by sundayoluwatimi(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dead on arrival can be defined as these appeals.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by MotiveU(f): 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Ihedioha is coming back but as for Lyon he has no case simple.
Next time he should not associate with someone who forges certificate.
Strong words
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by TruthSpeaker: 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
POSTMORTEM/AUTOPSY IS DONE TO ASCERTAIN THE CAUSE OF DEATH AND NOT TO RETURN LIFE TO THE DEAD. THE SUPREME COURT DRAMA HAS ALREADY MADE HISTORY, SO OVERTURNING EITHER VERDICT ON IMO OR BAYELSA STATE IS UNTHINKABLE.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Habeyy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2020
CyberWolf:
Unfortunately, there is not going to be rerun and besides, electoral laws has been reformed so, Muazu’s case in 1999 is not attainable now.
thank you sir
Many nairalanders don't understand a bit of electoral act
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by codedguy1(m): 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2020
Blindersoff:

Who said he could not prove it. Perhaps he was not given ample time to get the documents required for proof or was just lackadaisical about the whole thing so felt it did not matter since it was no forgery.

Now that he has seen the seriousness all required documents for proof may have been gotten now.

Anyway the court will review

Haaa not given ample time ke.

Does he have sworn affidavit/change of name documents for all those names.

Why would he be changing names at every corner. That is enough to suspect that there is foul play but then if anything it needs to be proved in court.

The truth is constant and if there were dubious reason why he kept on changing names like its going outta fashion it would be revealed and that might even make matters worse for him.

Maybe him don kill person before use change of name escape. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by useurkidney3121: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
Charmingrascal:
I see table turning in Bayelsa
The only table u see is ur dinning room table cheesy
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
useurkidney3121:

The only table u see is ur dinning room table cheesy
Hmmm.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Habeyy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
truentalk:

DG candidate didn't forge certificate but name mismerge he went to school up to master level but his name was written diferently in each certificate if you think otherwise go to those schools and verify the owner of them by checking the photos.
ignorance is never an excuse before the law

How can you present certificates with different names?

Even in job interviews, it isn't done

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by tinsel: 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
Lyon has a better chance. I am sure the deputy will present fresh evidence that he did not forge those documents. The same supreme court ruled that Mohammed is same as Mohammedu in the case of Buhari. The same supreme court ruled in the case of Adamu Muazu in 1999.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Validated: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
Abeg when did Lyon file review

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by ndcide(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Even Nigeria Supreme Court has descended to its lowest.

We told them, they refused to listen.

Almost all the institutions are now into some kind of politics

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by blasted12: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
Blindersoff:

No document was forged. The judgement read that it was because the names did not match his submitted documents. This does not mean it was forged.

All he has to do is prove beyond reasonable doubt that the names are his
I agree but why didn't his lawyers point that out in the original suit?
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by TemmyT002(m): 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
Supreme Court dey hear appeal again?
Nawa o
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by bigpicture001: 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Result will b canceled nd re-run ordered.

Then APC will do their magic

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by ernieboy(m): 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
hisgrace090:
Crashing his victory do to his deputy's iregularities is unfair.
how is it unfair? were they not aware of the case before elections? but following the typical disregard of the Nigeria politician for the law they forged ahead believing that nothing will happen as we commonly say in Nigeria. the court was even lenient, were it to be an ordinary citizen he/she probably will be in jail because last I checked forgery was a crime
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by majamajic(m): 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
Omokiri1:
I thought the decision of the supreme court is final and irrevocable?

That's according to our primary school teachers

Now u can see for yourself

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by codedguy1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
Saintp:
We need to build strong institutions in Nigeria. Look at the shambles the highest court of the land has turned to all in a bid to do the bidding of the executive.

We now have PDP supreme court and APC supreme court all competing with each other to rescue their own even if it means dishing out frivolous judgments. Too bad

Methinks the Bayelsa judgment was a retaliation by the PDP supreme court for the APC supreme court judicial robbery on Imo. Otherwise there is no way the governor should have been thrown out because of his deputy judging by precedence of that kind of issue

Oga try and understand the law before saying what you are saying.

There is no retaliation, even if there is apc presented a suitable means for an effective retaliation.

Its a joint ticket and as such it would affect the gov, that's the law it wasnt enacted just to victimize Lyon. Its the law.

The IMO case was daylight robbery.

That it looks like PDP will/should get the upper hand in both cases only reinforces the fact that politicians and APC in particular are a terrible lot.

I hear Douye's deputy also has a case of forgery against him, if it is proven in court he and Douye will be booted out.

The law is an ass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Godstime234: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hello everyone in the house, I am looking for someone to give me a Toyota Corolla 04/06 or Toyota Camry 04/06, Honda or kia. to drive on e-hailing transport service on *most especially HP but down payment is my issue or rental too.
I can raise 50k.* please contact me on: Whatsapp/call: 08098577528. thank you

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by loswhite(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
frowland:

I don't care who wins or lose as it is none of my business. I am just concerned about how the western constitution is messing with our culture and local names. It's as simple as that. You can go and die for them for all I care.
lol our culture doesn't breed foolishness...so stop hiding your stupidity behind our culture
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by codedguy1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
bigpicture001:
Result will b canceled nd re-run ordered.

Then APC will do their magic

Who would be the APC candidate?
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by prettytasha(f): 7:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
Enimoney3:
Have you guys heard latest news regarding bayelsa state? The deputy of incumbent governor is also having forgery of certificate. The case is in court
o heard I too , how true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Sacks Ifeanyi Ubah As Senator / The Moment Kwankwaso Was Humbled At PDP Convention (video) / Revolution Now Protesters Confront Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.