Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. (50935 Views)

Bayelsa Election: 13 Things To Know About David Lyon / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Supreme Court Nullifies APC's Appeal On Rivers Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by jaggabban: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
chozzy:

I'll give up on this country if Supreme Court
fails to reverse that IMO ruling

U should also give down when Lyon takes back his mandate. Ipobically idiotical.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
Blindersoff:

Who said he could not prove it. Perhaps he was not given ample time to get the documents required for proof or was just lackadaisical about the whole thing so felt it did not matter since it was no forgery.

Now that he has seen the seriousness all required documents for proof may have been gotten now.

Anyway the court will review
If he proved it, High Court and Supreme Court wouldn’t have sacked him.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Habeyy(m): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
wwwihy:

Presentation of affidavits and confirmation from the schools that he is indeed the one that attended and obtained those certificates ...
grin
Bro ,you need to understand how the law,statues of general application, entity ,electoral laws and amended act,defense...and presentation of arguments

If you have "clue" of how the legal system works ,you will understand clearly that after prsentation of defense/argument ..you cant present any further argument(s)

We must demand more from our supposed political office holders
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Nemesis08(m): 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
chozzy:
I have given up on Nigeria 500yrs ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by CyberWolf: 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
wwwihy:

If there is nothing, Supreme Court will not even entertain review in the first place. They will look at the substance of the appeal for review and not the form of it.
Supreme Court will only look at the facts/evidence on ground during the trial but won’t entertain new evidence because the defense team had all their time to present their evidence during trial.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by kadiri3(m): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
ursullalinda:
Ihedioha's case was daylight robbery.....but Appeal after supreme verdict......that sounds odd.
ewu nothing like day robbery
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by kadiri3(m): 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
blasted12:
On the bayelsa case I'm afraid there's no appeal. The law is clear you forge any document you get automatically disqualified
Drama still dey for bayelsa oh guy even d PDP deputy governor the said he's certificate forge
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by ernieboy(m): 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Omokiri1:
I thought the decision of the supreme court is final and irrevocable?
it is final to the extent that no other court in Nigeria can reverse it's decision. the only court that can reverse it is the supreme Court itself.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
When I saw that they agreed to a hearing on Imo verdict after the Bayelsa ruling, I knew they were up to something. This is APC trying to upturn the Bayelsa judgement

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Who do you think should come bak? Like for ihedioha, Share for Lyon FC

Amadioha fire that your stunning fingers wey you take dey type rubbish.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by codedguy1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
Takeproft:
When I saw that they agreed to a hearing on Imo verdict after the Bayelsa ruling, I knew they were up to something. This is APC trying to upturn the Bayelsa judgement

They will not succeed. They would prefer to have Bayelsa instead of IMO.

The Bayelsa case is DOA. APC scored an own goal. The IMO case is what they want yo correct especially with international pressure on all of them

If they attempt to upturn the Bayelsa verdict they will only reinforce more pressure on themselves because they wouldn't have any tenable reason to upturn it.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Diri knew that he didn't win the election....at last, he will disgrace himself. If I'm diri, I will just be signing contracts so as to recoup part of my money I spent for the election before the real owner of the mandate will come and take over..

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
codedguy1:

They will not succeed. They would prefer to have Bayelsa instead of IMO.

The Bayelsa case is DOA. APC scored an own goal. The IMO case is what they want yo correct especially with international pressure on all of them

If they attempt to upturn the Bayelsa verdict they will only reinforce more pressure on themselves because they wouldn't have any tenable reason to upturn it.

There are .always tenable reasons to approach court..diri will be disgraced out of governor's office .

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by lomprico(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
hisgrace090:
Crashing his victory do to his deputy's iregularities is unfair.

true, but it's the law.

where does d law justifies giving victory to the 3rd runner up after the first was disqualified?
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by lomprico(m): 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
chozzy:

so you still get hope? undecided
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by greggng: 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
blasted12:
On the bayelsa case I'm afraid there's no appeal. The law is clear you forge any document you get automatically disqualified

The supreme court never mentioned anything forgery ...They man never forged any document ...,they all belong to him....nobody has come out to claim they are owner of those document. No institution has said they are forged. The supreme court used words like inconsistency ....which is different from forgery....Why suoreme court used the word inconsistency is that some of his document had other names or tittle....but since no one is claiming those document, the man is right ...he didn't break the law. After all same supreme court told us that Mahamadu and Mohammed buhari is same person cos Mohamadu is same as Mohammed in islam. This technically is further damaging the reputation of the judiciary. ...,you can't sacrifice justice at the alter of technicality. The people of balyesa voted for apc but supreme court decided to Give it to pdp there by denying the people's choice. This kind of judgement will further ignite hatred cos there is no justice

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by einsteine(m): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
So they now appeal Supreme Court judgements. I thought this was the court of last resort.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by codedguy1(m): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
Gforce2015:

There are .always tenable reasons to approach court..diri will be disgraced out of governor's office .

But Lyon won't be the one to benefit from it.

Like I said Apc/Lyon's appeal/review should be DOA unless the SC want to play a rotten game again.

If Douye's deputy is found guilty in his forgery case both he and Douye should FO too.

Let's leave sentiments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by priscaoge(f): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
CyberWolf:
Then what’s the court meant for if going to court is a waste of time?

But that’s what they have turned our judicial system into. It’s heartbreaking
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by israelmao(m): 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Tanko-led Supreme Court is full of legal blunders,.We have never had it this bad in this nation.When something is wrong with the head the body itself will not be spared.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by naija1stnigar(m): 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
That verdict was too harsh on him instead his deputy should have been used as scapegoat.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by alizma: 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
blasted12:
Oga get detail of what happened before you start talking. He didn't forge any certificate but there is difference in names on his several documents, it is a case on inconsistency in name which he should have resolved long ago through publication on any of the national dailies
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by ekevwe(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Appeal after supreme court judgement? This country sha
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by klax(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Appeal that what happened Lyon or Marseille blame your party for poor fact findings on your deputy this is a result when people like Lair Mohamad and Oshiochmpz alligned lies must always be the bedrock so Mr Lyon or whatever identity theft is invoved in this case so no case.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by pfadom: 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
The supreme court will only validate their earlier decisions on Imo and Bayelsa States. I see no changes.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by bigiyaro(m): 8:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
what a country, naija clowns aka politiftians has turned the "whole" supreme court to ordinary appeal court, wetin olosho no go for brothel?
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by kikake: 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Tospringe:

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/supreme-court-to-hear-ihedioha-lyon-appeals-on-tuesday/amp

In Imo state case, the courts have heard all the learned gentlemen from all sides. Supreme Court passed judgement. Nothing to review.

In Bayelsa case, it's a different issue.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
kikake:

In Imo state case, the courts have heard all the learned gentlemen from all sides. Supreme Court passed judgement. Nothing to review.

In Bayelsa case, it's a different issue.

You're a man of double standard.

At the end of the the day, Hope will end up doing nothing in Orlu and your cry continues.

As at today, much is needed to be done in owerri

You're not stable.
Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by kikake: 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
chozzy:

But Ihedioha did not win last Imo governorship election.

Only an armed robber would impose him on Imo state as governor.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court To Hear David Lyon Appeal On Tuesday - The Cable News. by kikake: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You're a man of double standard.

At the end of the the day, Hope will end up doing nothing in Orlu and your cry continues.

As at today, much is needed to be done in owerri

You're not stable.

INEC imposed Ihedioha upon Imo state by error. Ihedioha governed only his Owerri senatorial zone with a few roads outside Owerri in eight months.

You started to ask Orlu people: "if Udenwa and Okorocha from Orlu zone could not develop their zone, why expect Ihedioha to develop Orlu zone"?

Most foolish question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri / #Organise4Tinubu: Nigerians Join Tinubu's Bike Challenge / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.