Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,103 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction (48657 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Hushpuppi: Falana Says Abba Kyari Will Face Trial No Matter How Long It Takes / "APC Can't Remove Saraki Without Two-Third Majority" - Falana Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are not getting it.hope has the highest votes but may not have the spread while ihedioha has the spread but not the highest votes which means a rerun according to fergie.

For me,in several parts of orlu hope met the spread and removing nwosu's votes widens his spread plus his near 213,000 votes which may even reduce ihedioha spread
What I am saying is if the SC sees that ihedioha meets the spread, all they have to do is look for some technicality and vacate their earlier judgement about the 388 PUs. With that, since nwosu is disqualified, ararume is second and the margin will be more than registered voters in the 388 PUs which paves the way for ihedioha to be declared winner!!
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Oya buy me beer
If I see you, I will...
Forget NL is faceless.....my bro....I try to be calm, that is one thing I learnt here. We are all ogas in our own rights.....I had two degrees already when you were leaving Hope Waddell (an institution one of my late uncle's taught for years until he retired).....and was rounding off MSc when you went to Anambra.

When we want to talk.....focus on the subject matter and leave personality profiling. I respect people, no matter the age or class,... Do Same. It will always earn you respect, maybe not on NL but in reality.
Till tomorrow, I will respect sarrki irrespective the fact our views are mostly divergent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by uccheks(m): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
mushystuff:
I wonder though whether Falana averted his mind to the fact that after the conclusion of a case there is a right of appeal which must be exercised within a certain timeframe if parties wish to and after which the principle of effluxion of time comes into play.

A pre-election matter doesn't suddenly become a post-election matter just because an election has taken place when the appellant party still has a cause of action and has not run out of time to file an appeal. The law does not say that the court of appeal is the court of final judgement rather it is the Supreme court on pre-election issues.

The mere conduct of an election does not override the right of appeal of any party.

Exactly my thoughts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are not getting it.hope has the highest votes but may not have the spread while ihedioha has the spread but not the highest votes which means a rerun according to fergie.

For me,in several parts of orlu hope met the spread and removing nwosu's votes widens his spread plus his near 213,000 votes which may even reduce ihedioha spread
The SC has more work to do than it envisaged esp in this Imo case. They have to start determining LGA by LGA votes...and accredited votes etc....Not going to be funny at all.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by surgical: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Dansuqi post=86886646]
I dun tire.but before i sign out,am sure you know that globally the law esp electoral law places the interest of the masses or majority first before anything.popular mandate,fundamental rights and right to fair hearing are very germane issues in any court.the electorate must always be allowed to choose whoever they want as many times.the intendment of the law is never to crown a loser winner,it defeats the purpose of democracy and election.or the courts can then conduct elections or just declare winners.feel the pulse,follow the trend in the polity.they will be a reversal one way or the other..it is on the interest of justice.the law cannot operars in a vacuum where there are no inhabitants[/quoteno electorates will voluntarily elect a dishonest candidate,so what the electorates could not do the court has done for them,it is just like saying people can commit suicide because it's their lives but the law does not permit that]
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by surgical: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Falana is the best human rights or masses oriented lawyer around
for those who don't know him
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What I am saying is if the SC sees that ihedioha meets the spread, all they have to do is look for some technicality and vacate their earlier judgement about the 388 PUs. With that, since nwosu is disqualified, ararume is second and the margin will be more than registered voters in the 388 PUs which paves the way for ihedioha to be declared winner!!
It will be easier and better for them if hope remains or the call for a rerun.it is in the realm of pdp to look for technicalities and calculate the spread not the judges.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=surgical post=86888858][/quote]
You clearly do not know him
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

It will be easier and better for them if hope remains or the call for a rerun.it is in the realm of pdp to look for technicalities and calculate the spread not the judges.
Well PDP have calculated the spread and argue that Hope does not have the required spread. Hope looks hopeless in dis matter.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by luluman: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked
If he won Showore's case and you said he "manage" go and study law let see if you'll even pass law school.

Mtchew!!!

Falana should focus on how to win El Zakyzaky case that he abandoned nd leave bayelsa election matter, he is not vast in law more than d 5 supreme court justices that delivered the case.

Just because he manage to win Sowore case he now thinks he is more vast than anybody in law
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

The SC has more work to do than it envisaged esp in this Imo case. They have to start determining LGA by LGA votes...and accredited votes etc....Not going to be funny at all.
This is not a re-litigation but a simple review,to relook at all the issues.it is not a trial or an inquisitorial panel.it behoves on pdp to present and simplify everything to the judges and am afraid agabi is not up to that task
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

This is not a re-litigation but a simple review,to relook at all the issues.it is not a trial or an inquisitorial panel.it behoves on pdp to present and simplify everything to the judges and am afraid agabi is not up to that task
Kanu Agabi.....you make me laugh

Alright o

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Well PDP have calculated the spread and argue that Hope does not have the required spread. Hope looks hopeless in dis matter.
Where is the lga by lga tabulation
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Kanu Agabi.....you make me laugh

Alright o
Can you cite his legal antecedents in electoral cases.bringing him was based on political consideration because ikpeazu to me is a better lawyer.going political will play into apc's hands
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Hope called for a re-run.......he insisted on it.

So let the SC decide how to go from there. The SC ought to have asked INEC to review on geographical spread same way Eko posited, and give the CoR to the next party that covers geographical spread....they didn't; and the CJN was on that panel?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Can you cite his legal antecedents in electoral cases
You post those things better than I do.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

You post those things better than I do.
Apart from saraki's case which is political,he has won nothing else of note
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

The onus falls on the SC to tell us. Since they said Hope won.
If they had said give to the party with geographical spread, it will then be inec's problem

Let Kekere-Ekun, Ngwuta and the CJN tell us the geographical spread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

So let the SC decide how to go from there. The SC ought to have asked INEC to review on geographical spread same way Eko posited, and give the CoR to the next party that covers geographical spread....they didn't; and the CJN was on that panel?
Hope called for a rerun in the alternative not in the main.inec lost the chance to review the spread after declaration.it is now for the courts
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Apart from saraki's case which is political,he has won nothing else of note
I will leave it at that..........like I said he is above my pay grade....and he is sure one of the best hands alongside Ikpeazu Wole Usman Fagbemi and co....at least you didn't deny you know him.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

The onus falls on the SC to tell us. Since they said Hope won.
If they had said give to the party with geographical spread, it will then be inec's problem

Let Kekere-Ekun, Ngwuta and the CJN tell us the geographical spread.
That is why i said a rerun will suffice which is academic.but in hope's result,he claimed that he got the highest votes and spread so the court acted on that basis
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I will leave it at that..........like I said he is above my pay grade....and he is sure one of the best hands alongside Ikpeazu Wole Usman Fagbemi and co....at least you didn't deny you know him.
He's a pdp member mostly involved in non electoral cases
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Hope called for a rerun in the alternative not in the main.inec lost the chance to review the spread after declaration.it is now for the courts
Is it different from what I said? Na waoh...
I said that earlier that the SC should tell us the spread they justified in giving Hope the victory.

By their judgement, Hope scored highest....but did he meet the spread?

Let them tabulate the 18 LGAs he made 25%.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

He's a pdp member mostly involved in non electoral cases
I have not seen his party card number....please post it here.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

That is why i said a rerun will suffice which is academic.but in hope's result,he claimed that he got the highest votes and spread so the court acted on that basis
And did they get the spread-part right, assuming Hope scored highest!?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Hope called for a rerun when... Yeah they should have but since they did not, they have opened a very legitimate ground for review which that of bayelsa does not have in my view.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Is it different from what I said? Na waoh...
I said that earlier that the SC should tell us the spread they justified in giving Hope the victory.

By their judgement, Hope scored highest....but did he meet the spread?

Let them tabulate the 18 LGAs he made 25%.
The pdp are making that allegations not the court so pdp tabulate it or is amnesia setting up again? If the pdp feels the court made a mistake,they are to prove it beyond reasonable doubt beyond the way justice Mary proved forgery
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

And did they get the spread-part right, assuming Hope scored highest!?
Hope is very smart.i believe he wont prepare a result that will fall short of that
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Hope called for a rerun when... Yeah they should have but since they did not, they have opened a very legitimate ground for review which that of bayelsa does not have in my view.
Let's say something else.....Bayelsa is gone abeg.

Only Alaibe can revive a Bayelsa argument.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Hehehehe. Dat one dey Hope house o. Na him go fit supply am. Even INEC no get am.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Hope is very smart.i believe he wont prepare a result that will fall short of that
Unfortunately he didn't cos of Nwosu.....and that's why it's part of the review.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Hope called for a rerun in the event that his major or first prayer failed.it is normal court procedures.one can have many prayers.mind you,he did not bring any prove to assert malpractices

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy: Cute Abiola Is Not Missing But Under Custody For Breaching Policy / Ekweremadu Saga: Nwamini David Is 22 Years-old – Immigration Boss / Goodluck Jonathan Carrying His Grandchild (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.