Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction (48449 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Hushpuppi: Falana Says Abba Kyari Will Face Trial No Matter How Long It Takes / "APC Can't Remove Saraki Without Two-Third Majority" - Falana Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
the supreme Court interpret any law as they see it.

this your section 140 talks about when an election is nullified in the tribunal. not when a candidate is disqualified.

1. bayelsa election is not in dispute.
2. no one has even approached tribunal to point out any fault in bayelsa election
You are lost according to your name.the end shall tell.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 11:52am On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

But the case was at the appeal court before elections held. There's no way the appeal court could have determined if any party would decide to proceed to the supreme court.

A stay of execution at which level precisely?
If it was at appeal stage, it will still hurt APC since the trial court ruled them out of the election. That would mean even if the supreme court now upheld the decision of the appeal court, it will be a moot case since election has already held before supreme court gave its verdict.
We are saying the same thing.....which is very correct.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are lost according to your name.the end shall tell.
You said the appeal court nullified G O K's judgement on 140.....you haven't posted it......
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Story....

Globally, all over the world when political parties refuse to do the fight thing, they are punished for their profligacy. You cannot build something on nothing. This is a lesson that must be taught to political parties so that they will learn how to do the right thing. Obviously, the our political parties (esp the ruling party) didn't learn from Zamfara.
I also remember that this same APC brought same case against Sen. Adeleke of Osun praying the Courts to remove him, it was defeated as he had a valid proof of affidavit.

The SC had stated in an earlier case:
SALEH VS. ABAH (2018) ALL FWLR (PART 933) Page 944

"…Allowing criminality and certificate forgery to continue to percolate into the streams, waters and oceans of our national polity would only mean our waters are and will remain dangerously contaminated. The purification efforts must start now, and be sustained as we seek, as a nation, to now change from our old culture of reckless impunity. The Nigerian Constitution is supreme...."

As long as APC (or any other party) refuse to learn, the SC will continue to sanitise. The Bayelsa case is an apt decision taken by the learned Jurists. The CJN cannot alter his own clear judgement in Zamfara....let alone Bayelsa.

I align completely with the Bayelsa judgement.

Let political parties learn to do the right thing.

Peace Out
Unfortunately,forgery was not proven anywhere conclusively.again,they were more evidences indicting adeleke than degi.peace in
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Apc appealed before the elections
?? Did you read what I wrote?
What's ur point exactly?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

And in bayelsa apc legally nominated a candidate?
APC did not nominate a legally recognized candidate.
there was a legally recognized election; which was not the case in ekwunife vs umeh
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

You said the appeal court nullified G O K's judgement on 140.....you haven't posted it......
Is that why you used two monikers? You want to be another chino
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 11:55am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

So the appeal court at no point removed ekwunife and declared a rerun? The amnesia is more than mild
Your problem is typing and not listening......

By judicial precedent....is the Supreme Court bounded by decisions of the AC?

The matter went to SC and they nullified that they had no jurisdiction because National Assembly elections expire at the CoA.

CJN Tanko has also nullified the AC ruling with the Zamfara decision in 2019.
Will you argue that again?

dansuqi
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:
Fergie? I should have known
please i am not Fergie
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 11:56am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
APC did not nominate a legally recognized candidate.
there was a legally recognized election; which was not the case in ekwunife vs umeh
What made the election that initially produced ekwunife illegal
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:56am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
you should remember APC only got an injunction from the 'appeal court" to participate in the election few days to election.
appeal court delivered their judgement after election .

the judgement did not remove the governor but you cannot go into an election without a deputy. since inec window for substitution of candidates is over; it means Lyon went into the election without a deputy which is also against the Constitution on joint tickets.

falana is no longer thinking properly.

1. the only judgement before election was that of the high court disqualifying APC.
2. APC only got an injunction to participate in the election.
3. appeal court delivered it judgement after election.

4. legal precedent said pre election cases are allowed to run their course in Nigeria court even after election.

Fergi001 if points 1&2 are true, then you see that stay of execution has done more harm than good in this matter.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
please i am not Fergie
Come, so he thinks am using double moniker?
Kai....so I no get work abi?

That was how he was asking fergie1989 if we were same. I use only one moniker on NL, ban me...I will go and rest.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

What made the election that initially produced ekwunife illegal
the tribunal and appeal court said so
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Judeerons32:
I beg to disagree. In the case of Yahaya Bello. He ran even without a deputy because Faleke refused to run with him. The same Supreme Court upheld that election and said it is the party on the ballot and not the Candidate. The Governor elect then nominated a deputy who was never on the ballot. But like you said it is the Supreme Court.
You guys are confusing issues. Though I never agreed with the kogi matter, the facts still remains it was not a disqualification but death which is not even provided for in the laws
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 11:59am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Is that why you used two monikers? You want to be another chino
God forbid.....I will never do that......please you can clarify...e get wetin person deh big pass.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Come, so he thinks am using double moniker?
Kai....so I no get work abi?

That was how you were asking fergie1989 if we were same. I use only one moniker on NL, ban me...I will go and rest.
maybe he is surprised that I know him. he thought I am new on nairaland not knowing I left then came back
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Unfortunately,forgery was not proven anywhere conclusively.again,they were more evidences indicting adeleke than degi.peace in
One would have expected you to blame Degi's lawyers.

They didn't disprove pdp's argument on processes of filing affidavits and certifications.

They didn't. It was a case they might have won with better lawyers.....it's too late already.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
maybe he is surprised that I know him. he thought I am new on nairaland not knowing I left then came back
I wonder....
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

God forbid.....I will never do that......please you can clarify...e get wetin person deh big pass.
but you still have your senatordave and Garfield account; they were banned?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
lx3as:
The court is very very wrong; if Audu's deputy in Kogi state then, Mr Faleke has no influence or benefits on the votes given to him and his principal. He was replaced with Bello and new deputy, He went to court and lost; why did the same court sack elected governor because of deputy's name change which there is no evidence he even forged his certificates.

This is simply an emotional judgement by the court with no legal backup.
Faleke was not replaced with Bello. He was retained as deputy but he refused because he intended to challenge the matter in court and he'll become conflicted if as deputy governor, he'll sue the same administration he is part of to court. The right question would have been if APC had the right to substitute him given that the time for substituting candidates had elapsed.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by NothingDoMe: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:
Falana is correct.this is another point for wole to present to the apex court
The supreme court cannot overrule itself. It will become a precedent. There will be no peace in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You guys are confusing issues. Though I never agreed with the kogi matter, the facts still remains it was not a disqualification but death which is not even provided for in the laws
100%
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
but you still have your senatordave and Garfield account; they were banned?
Quoting the wrong person....
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The high court judges refused to disqualify Apc because they find no legal justification for it.
But by then, the window for substitution had elapsed which means APC would have no candidate since you can't run for guber without a deputy. You see how the same outcome still plays out?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
The tribunal.didn't say so....
It was the AC that did...
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Your problem is typing and not listening......

By judicial precedent....is the Supreme Court bounded by decisions of the AC?

The matter went to SC and they nullified that they had no jurisdiction because National Assembly elections expire at the CoA.

CJN Tanko has also nullified the AC ruling with the Zamfara decision in 2019.
Will you argue that again?

dansuqi
Lm will take bayelsa
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

But by then, the window for substitution had elapsed which means APC would have no candidate since you can't run for guber without a deputy. You see how the same outcome still plays out?
They just want to waste the SC's time, that they don't have.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
Funny,you are cornering yourself.umeh went to court challenging uche's nonination not the election.he lost at the tribunal
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Lm will take bayelsa
Don't forget that the 4th alteration came to be on the 7th of June 2018.

So the SC has inadvertently upheld Oyewole's submission.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

One would have expected you to blame Degi's lawyers.

They didn't disprove pdp's argument on processes of filing affidavits and certifications.

They didn't. It was a case they might have won with better lawyers.....it's too late already.
Its not too late.there's a review and lm candidste matter is looming
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Fergi001 if points 1&2 are true, then you see that stay of execution has done more harm than good in this matter.

when British PM Boris Johnson prorogued parliament, the case was given expedited hearing. but the Nigerian court will lazily dish out a stay of execution.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Don't forget that the 4th alteration came to be on the 7th of June 2018.

So the SC has inadvertently upheld Oyewole's submission.
How does it concern lm

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Abaribe Defeats Gov Ikpeazu To Win Senatorial Election In Abia State / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari / Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.