Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction (48464 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Hushpuppi: Falana Says Abba Kyari Will Face Trial No Matter How Long It Takes / "APC Can't Remove Saraki Without Two-Third Majority" - Falana Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

He did not. Can't you see
He did sir.you are the one not seeing.you are calculating it based on the initial scores which included aa.you have not added the 338 units.if you add it,you will discover that he had massive votes everywhere except mbaise and owerri
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by kahal29: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2020

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

1million plus I think. What difference does dat make
Over 2 million actually.the supreme court calculates overvoting based on registered voters not accredited voters from card readers,I've told you this severally.
See otti vs ikpeazu supra 2020
See aliyu vs tambuwal supra 2020
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
kahal29:

Bayelsa is a tricky one
With respect to....?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Over 2 million actually.the supreme court calculates overvoting based on registered voters not accredited voters from card readers,I've told you this severally.
The number is even higher than registered voters in some PUs
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 6:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
kahal29:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/ihedioha-vs-uzodinma-fresh-issues-before-apex-court-on-two-thirds-majority/

They are wrong.they clearly said they calculated without adding other parties votes,just apc alone so how could they have gottsn the correct figure? Their omission of ideato south lga where apc had the 2nd highest votes betrays them because aa votes are now canceled.they didnt calculate well.hope got it
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

The number is even higher than registered voters in some PUs
In six units which is insignificant
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

You seem to be a lion in the Imo case and a pUssy-cat in the Bayelsa case....i have mentioned kahal as you requested oooo.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

With respect to....?
I just heard that the supreme court has scheduled bayelsa review for this coming week.those two reviews will heavily depend on the lawyers
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by kahal29: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

They are wrong.they clearly said they calculated without adding other parties votes,just apc alone so how could they have gottsn the correct figure? Their omission of ideato south lga where apc had the 2nd highest votes betrays them because aa votes are now canceled.they didnt calculate well.hope got it

The question you need to ask is this... If Ihedioha scored 1902 votes from those polling units what do you think the other parties scored?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

You seem to be a lion in the Imo case and a pUssy-cat in the Bayelsa case....i have mentioned kahal as you requested oooo.
I told you clearly that the course followed the law in imo and not so in bayelsa.arsenal ohh
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2020
If mary odili is not booted out of Supreme Court or transfer to the northern their is no.way far judgment can occur in the south-south region.
Mary is a partisan Supreme Court judge and Her husband is a card-carrying member of PDP. Apc defense counsel should have raised the alarm against mary participation in the Bayelsa state case...i.pray they should write the wrong. It's so obvious that mary is biased and they should investigate her.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fekechukwu:

What sense are you passing

Simply put. Mary odili is a corrupt judge.
We know them.
Onnaghen is another example that pleaded resignation. Because he was found guilty....
EFCC should investigate Mary Odili . her husband is a card-carrying member of PDP.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I told you clearly that the course followed the law in imo and not so in bayelsa.arsenal ohh
Very inconsequential...... Stick with your Imo because I don't have the facts......the Bayelsa own, you are grasping at straws.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by kahal29: 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

With respect to....?

My dispassionate view on Bayelsa is this.... If justice is viewed from a moral point then Lyon has a case however if it is strictly based on law then he has no case.

This is not in anyway trying to diminish the legal prowess of Wole Olanikpekun who has a way of turning water into wine inside the court room . So for him to have accepted to prosecute the case means he is convinced about the merits of the case so only time will tell whether he is wrong or right.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I just heard that the supreme court has scheduled bayelsa review for this coming week.those two reviews will heavily depend on the lawyers
The facts are bare.....Even with a rerun...APC will likely win esp as the 380+ PUs have been admitted.

Bayelsa is a no-case. I have seen Uncle Wole's submissions, he is simply pressing for the FHC judgement that in his view was 'misinterpreted'... That is a no case.

He didn't bring up the forgery or no forgery issue.

I gave you an example this morning with Hon. Modibbo where the FHC had said the second person in the primaries should be given the ticket.

The SC said no....the substitution window was closed and gave it to the 2nd person who wasn't even a party to the suit.

In the Zamfara case that the CJN ruled on, was PDP a party to the suit?

I will be damned if Tanko reverses himself.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
kahal29:

My dispassionate view on Bayelsa is this.... If justice is viewed from a moral point then Lyon has a case however if it is strictly based on law then he has no case.

This is not in anyway trying to diminish the legal prowess of Wole Olanikpekun who has a way of turning water into wine inside the court room . So for him to have accepted to prosecute the case means he is convinced about the merits of the case so only time will tell whether he is wrong or right.
You and I know the law don't look at morality but at the academic precincts of the law.

Uncle Wole is good, not a magician.

He accepted the case because lawyers want to crack a nut. Agabi also took the Imo case. If Izinyon can take the Ekwunife case in 2016 to the SC, lawyers will do anything to get away with something.

A clear case is a clear case. Degi's lawyers goofed by accepting Usman's view of the processes associated with affidavit and certifications.

Uncle Wole won't bring a new case like the Faleke case. His submissions that the FHC didn't disqualify the party is like asking the SC to interprete the Zamfara judgement.

That is the only loophole...in this case. Unless, he is saying it's not a joint ticket....I will wonder if the case goes the other way.

Thanks....dansuqi...you can look at Kahal's submissions.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by odiks: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

You and I know the law dont look at morality but at the academic precincts of the law.

He accepted the case because lawyers Wang to crack a nut. Agabj also took the Imo case. If Izinyon can fake the Ekwunife case in 2016 to the SC, lawyers will do anything to get away with something.

A clear case is a clear case. Degi's lawyers goofed by accepting Usman's view of the processes associated with affidavit and certifications.

Uncle Wole won't bring a new case like the Faleke case. His submissions that the FHC didn't disqualify the party is like asking the SC to interprete the Zamfara judgement.

That is the only loophole...in this case. Unless, he is saying it's not a joint ticket....I will wonder if the case goes the other way.

That's why am quietly and patiently waiting to see how this whole thing plays out.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by kahal29: 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

You and I know the law dont look at morality but at the academic precincts of the law.

He accepted the case because lawyers Wang to crack a nut. Agabj also took the Imo case. If Izinyon can fake the Ekwunife case in 2016 to the SC, lawyers will do anything to get away with something.

wink
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
kahal29:

wink
Sir Kahal, we know the side you lean on.

I am not a lawyer but it's bare for anyone to see.

The CJN will have to reverse himself on Zamfara for that Bayelsa to have a different outcome.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
odiks:

That's why am quietly and patiently waiting to see how this whole thing plays out.
We are all waiting bro.....

In the case of Hon. Modibbo, Ejembi Eko also made that pronouncement.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by PFRB: 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:
Falana is correct.this is another point for wole to present to the apex court

Is Falana a lawyer. The issue had been on even before the elections took place.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

He did sir.you are the one not seeing.you are calculating it based on the initial scores which included aa.you have not added the 338 units.if you add it,you will discover that he had massive votes everywhere except mbaise and owerri
Well, if AA's votes are removed, it means that APC does not have a candidate in the election since SC ruled that Nwosu was the right candidate of the APC but was disqualified for presenting himself for nomination by AA. So far as we know, Hope was not a replacement by APC so he is not the rightful candidate.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Yes. But still, the SC will work with accredited voters not just registered voters. Now we know in some of those results even the registered voters figures were exceeded.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

What difference does it make? The whole evidence will be proven to be a fraud and its more than six units mind you. But even if it is, that invalidates the whole thing because the whole body of evidence was accepted as one
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by wwwihy: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Yes. But still, the SC will work with accredited voters not just registered voters. Now we know in some of those results even the registered voters figures were exceeded.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Indispensable85(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
sylve11:

I intentionally quoted this your post.

We are waiting! cool

We will chat more when it happens.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Indispensable85(m): 10:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
mu2sa2:
You're man of your little god for this uncertain prophecy.

A carnal mind can't understand the things of the spirit. David Lyon will be sworn in as governor in March. Watch out!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What difference does it make? The whole evidence will be proven to be a fraud and its more than six units mind you. But even if it is, that invalidates the whole thing because the whole body of evidence was accepted as one
Arguing with you is stressful and annoying.it is settled law that any allegations against elections must be proven unit by unit.each unit is on its own.the electoral act completely states substantial noncompliance because it recognizes that there must be irregularities,no election is perfect? Any infraction is isolated to that particular unit alone and not generalized
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I told you earlier than polling units were overvoting was identified was six and if you remove them,it will change nothing.the law is that you must work with accredited votes from manual register not card reader
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Well, if AA's votes are removed, it means that APC does not have a candidate in the election since SC ruled that Nwosu was the right candidate of the APC but was disqualified for presenting himself for nomination by AA. So far as we know, Hope was not a replacement by APC so he is not the rightful candidate.
Guy,you completely know nothing about law.it is settled law that a judgment concerns only those that were joined or sued,apc were never party to that suit.the suit was purely between aa vs nwosu.no other party was joined.the judgment was at large,a judicial rascality and null and void.it is like a judge saying that tinubu is convicted when no case is before him,it amounts to nothing.it is a nullity.

Commonsense also suggest that nwosu being nominated by two parties voids he's nomination.in the eyes of the law,he's not a candidate and has ruled himself out.nwosu contested apc primaries in court and he lost at the high court.he never appealed within 14 days so that case died and instead of appealing he ran to another party.if the case had gone to supreme court and he never joined another party,he will have been apc candidate in the eyes of the law.dont bring this up again please

Ask yourself can a supreme court judge a case that did not pass through the appeal court? Can one jump from the high court to the supreme bypassing the appeal court? Can a supreme court assume original jurisdiction in a pre election case?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times / Governor Fayose At Muslim Faithfuls Eid Kabir Prayer (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar’s American In-laws Arrive Nigeria For Wedding In Yola. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.