Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction (48070 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Hushpuppi: Falana Says Abba Kyari Will Face Trial No Matter How Long It Takes / "APC Can't Remove Saraki Without Two-Third Majority" - Falana Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:23am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I dont understand you honestly.
You will.......
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:23am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Section 187
“(1) In any election to which the foregoing provisions of this part of this Chapter relate, a candidate for the office of Governor of a State shall not be deemed to have been validly nominated for such office unless he nominates another candidate as his associate for his running for the office of Governor, who is to occupy the office of Deputy Governor; and that candidate shall be deemed to have been duly elected to the office of Deputy Governor if the candidate who nominated him is duly elected as Governor in accordance with the said provisions.

(2) The provisions of this Part of this Chapter relating to qualification for election, tenure of office, disqualifications, declaration of assets and liabilities and Oath of Governor shall apply in relation to the office of Deputy Governor as if references to Governor were references to Deputy Governor
Thank you.i know this already.now when he's not duly nominated,what does it say that the civil court should do
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:24am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Thank you.i know this already.now when he's not duly nominated,what does it say that the civil court should do
The case didn't come as a civil case.

The one against Lawrence came as a civil case.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:25am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Kahal has never made any statement on the Bayelsa issue.....I have followed him very well..he only comments on Imo. Ejimatic the other day said it the way it was and you were not alright....hahaha.
Hope you haven't forgotten?
I prefer ejimatic,he's objective and consistent right from ekiti.we agree to disagree

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

The case didn't come as a civil case.

The one against Lawrence came as a civil case.
We are getting somewhere but you are contradicting yourself.after punishing and disqualifying a candidate for any offend civil or election,what does the law specify next
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I thought Kekere-Ekun read the lead judgement for Imo

Kai

Please lostz ChristianNorth mushystuff, who read the lead judgement for Imo at the SC?

Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I prefer ejimatic,he's objective and consistent right from ekiti.we agree to disagree
I know where his pendulum always swing.
This Bayelsa case made him a bit transigent though.

I remember him opening a thread why Diri won't be sworn in a day before, but that is his opinion...we must not agree on everything.

Will tag him next time, but kahal hasn't said a word on Bayelsa surprisingly.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by TheMostComplex1: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Leo3333:

***Yawns***
Someone tap me please when "Fadina" says something about Imo.

The should tap me too. Falana that talks from the two sides of his mouth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:

Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun
Thank you.....the error is been corrected!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Trimque2k1(m): 10:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked
Because this his statement doesn't favour ur friends

Mtchew!!!

Falana should focus on how to win El Zakyzaky case that he abandoned nd leave bayelsa election matter, he is not vast in law more than d 5 supreme court justices that delivered the case.

Just because he manage to win Sowore case he now thinks he is more vast than anybody in law
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Trimque2k1(m): 10:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Fasindo:

Because this his statement doesn't favour ur friends

Mtchew!!!

Falana should focus on how to win El Zakyzaky case that he abandoned nd leave bayelsa election matter, he is not vast in law more than d 5 supreme court justices that delivered the case.

Just because he manage to win Sowore case he now thinks he is more vast than anybody in law
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

What does the law states in a pre election matter where someone is disqualified? Please quote the statue directly
which section of the law? you should quote it here to argue your case.

there is no electoral law or legal precedent that said supreme Court should order for a rerun in an election that was never in dispute because one candidate is not qualified.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

We are getting somewhere but you are contradicting yourself.after punishing and disqualifying a candidate for any offend civil or election,what does the law specify next
File another case then....
Pdp didn't.

That's why Adah of the CoA ruled against them for. That the case should have come as a civil or criminal case.

The PDP didn't ask for that. If you are not satisfied, you can also file a criminal case against him.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:32am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I know where his pendulum always swing.
This Bayelsa case made him a bit transigent though.

I remember him opening a thread why Diri won't be sworn in a day before, but that is his opinion...we must not agree on everything.

Will tag him next time, but kahal hasn't said a word on Bayelsa surprisingly.
Seems kahal is from imo and has vested interest there.i think sarrki opened that thread.but nobody has a better record than ejimstic
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:33am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:

there is no electoral law or legal precedent that said supreme Court should order for a rerun in an election that was never in dispute because one candidate is not qualified.
The kogi,anambra and niger cases i mentioned nko
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:33am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:

I have told him severally,
The SC has no power to nullify an election or rule for a re-run unless it has originated from a lower court.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:34am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Seems kahal is from imo and has vested interest there.i think sarrki opened that thread.but nobody has a better record than ejimstic
Ejimatic opened as well....
https://www.nairaland.com/5686253/bayelsa-rerun-election-likely-bayelsa
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:34am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

File another case then....
Pdp didn't.

That's why Adah of the CoA ruled against them for. That the case should have come as a civil or criminal case.

The PDP didn't ask for that. If you are not satisfied, you can also file a criminal case against him.
You are missing the point.after disqualifying apc,does the law says you conduct fresh elections or swear in the runner up?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:36am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

I have told him severally,
The SC has no power to nullify an election or rule for a re-run unless it has originated from a lower court.
But all cases must originate from lower court.if they dont have powers to call for a fresh elections,then they do not also have power to declare a winner.its legally safer and better to order a rerun and allow the electorate choose
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

The kogi,anambra and niger cases i mentioned nko
in those cases the election was in dispute; what the court did was 1. cancel an election that is faulty 2. disqualified candidate that were not properly nominated or qualified.

but in the case of bayelsa, only APC candidacy was in dispute; what Court did was disqualified a candidate that is not qualified
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:42am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are missing the point.after disqualifying apc,does the law says you conduct fresh elections or swear in the runner up?
Following SC precedents, you swear in the runner up who participated in all stages of the election.
Tanko Muhammed CJN....decided in a similar case in the Zamfara issue.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

But all cases must originate from lower court.if they dont have powers to call for a fresh elections,then they do not also have power to declare a winner.its legally safer and better to order a rerun and allow the electorate choose
they did not declare a winner. they only removed a candidate that was not qualified and ask inec to declare a winner (the candidate that meet necessary legal requirements?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

In the lower court, was the nullification or re-run of the election a subject matter?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Lostz post=86885396] in those cases the election was in dispute; what the court did was 1. cancel an election that is faulty 2. [b]disqualified candidate that were not properly nominated or qualified.

but in the case of bayelsa, only APC candidacy was in dispute; what Court did was disqualified a candidate that is not qualified[/[/b]quote]
Just like atiku's lawyers,you are making my case for me.the bolded is the same thing.disqualify and order a fresh elections and exclude apc.no law states that the 1st runner up is sworn in.why are you scared of a rerun
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:45am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

In the lower court, was the nullification or re-run of the election a subject matter?

Does any law states that a 1st runner up takes over? No such law exists.
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:46am On Feb 23, 2020
Lostz:
they did not declare a winner. they only removed a candidate that was not qualified and ask inec to declare a winner (the candidate that meet necessary legal requirements?
Based on which law? What does section 140 states
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:47am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

Following SC precedents, you swear in the runner up who participated in all stages of the election.
Tanko Muhammed CJN....decided in a similar case in the Zamfara issue.
Is a precedent superior to an existing law?
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=Dansuqi post=86885470][/quote] the law did not say you should cancel an election that is not in dispute. the election was not in trial, there was no court judgement stopping inec from going ahead with the election. APC did not say the election was faulty
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:48am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Does any law states that a 1st runner up takes over? No such law exists.
That means the CJN was wrong on Zamfara then....
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by fergie001: 10:48am On Feb 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

Is a precedent superior to an existing law?
And where there is NONE?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

That means the CJN was wrong on Zamfara then....
Ill not dabble into that.let us follow the law rigidly
Re: Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction by Dansuqi: 10:50am On Feb 23, 2020
fergie001:

And where there is NONE?
Only the constitution supercedes the electoral act.you create precedents out of laws

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Troops Neutralize Female Suicide Bomber - (Graphic Pics) / Alex Otti Wins Polling Units In Umuahia / CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.