Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated (8667 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria / Yoruba Cultures - What You Want To Know! And What You Do Know! / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fulaman198:
Abhorrent videos? Are you uneducated or something? What do any of my videos have to do with Islam or Islamic ideology? Are you an illiterate? You are a bigot, most bigots aren't too intelligent... Haba!
Are you going to talk about education with me? Well, i won't condescend into that sort of contest?
Anyway, the video that talked about "killing the white man, marrying his wife and converting the children" what ideology is that?
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by ow11(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2013
I learnt a lot from this thread. Apparently vicjustice can't actually see the opposing POV. The ability to decipher what is racism seems to be the problem here.

Great debate guys!
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Vicjustice: Are you going to talk about education with me? Well, i won't condescend into that sort of contest?
Anyway, the video that talked about "killing the white man, marrying his wife and converting the children" what ideology is that?

You truly are illiterate. First, that video was a Somali video making fun of Africans, therefore that person is someone like you. Aka an anti African. You are just blinded by your own bigotry. If that was the only line you picked up from the video then you are lost. Your knowledge is extremely limited about worldly affairs.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
Fulaman198:
You truly are illiterate. First, that video was a Somali video making fun of Africans, therefore that person is someone like you. Aka an anti African. You are just blinded by your own bigotry. If that was the only line you picked up from the video then you are lost. Your knowledge is extremely limited about worldly affairs.
You have been calling me names and bashing personal insults at me, but in no post have i called you names nor insulted you personally...
You called me an illiterate despite the grammatical errors that aren't lacking in your every post?
Well, in a nomadic community of cattle herdsmen, a secondary school leaver is considered "Highly Educated"
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
ow11: I learnt a lot from this thread. Apparently vicjustice can't actually see the opposing POV. The ability to decipher what is racism seems to be the problem here.

Great debate guys!
Are you one of those who consider RACE to be only about colours and appearances? cheesy
If that is what you think, then, you only have a primary and partial definition of Race.
Race is not only about skin colour, but it is more to do with ethnicity. It would be a lay man thinking to consider Hausa as a tribe: Hausa is not a tribe, but a RACE.
  Racism doesn't just consist of issues of colours, it deeply consist of matters among people of same colours but different back-ground of origin. For example, the German race, the Greek race, the Roman race, Jewish race etc.
  Tribalism consists of issues among people of same race, but different tribes. You can not say that the difference between the Ibos and the Housas is tribe, that would be wrong.  Let me enlighten you. Talking about Igbo for instance, it is a race of it's own, and in this race, there are tribes: therefore, if an Igbo person have prejudice with fellow Igbos for reason of his origin back-ground, such issue could be referred to as tribalism. But if an Igbo man is prejudiced against a Hausa man for reason of his origin, this is RACISM.
   Remember the twelve tribes of Israel? They were all born of one father, and yet, their offsprings were/are classified into tribes.
   Take some examples: An English man would accuse Germany of racism toward them, are they not all whites? Adolph Hitler was a racist toward Polish people, are they not whites?
   So, my dear, the problem in Nigeria is racism, not tribalism, tribalism is an issue among people of the same race. What about the Oduduwa race?
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
Vicjustice:
You have been calling me names and bashing personal insults at me, but in no post have i called you names nor insulted you personally...
You called me an illiterate despite the grammatical errors that aren't lacking in your every post?
Well, in a nomadic community of cattle herdsmen, a secondary school leaver is considered "Highly Educated"

If you re-read this statement, you will find many grammatical errors. Btw, Hausa is not a race, they are an ethnic group. Carry on my bigoted friend.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
Fulaman198:
If you re-read this statement, you will find many grammatical errors. Btw, Hausa is not a race, they are an ethnic group. Carry on my bigoted friend.
Did you say that you are educated and yet you didn't know that Hausa is a race of its own?
Read about Hausa Race here:
http://afraf.oxfordjournals.org/content/VII/XXVII/278.extract
http://www.theodora.com/encyclopedia/h/hausa.html
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Vicjustice:
Did you say that you are educated and yet you didn't know that Hausa is a race of its own?
Read about Hausa Race here:
http://afraf.oxfordjournals.org/content/VII/XXVII/278.extract
http://www.theodora.com/encyclopedia/h/hausa.html

Now I know you are a bigot grin. Let me educate you.

There is only one race, the human race.

Hausa are an ethnic group, their skin colour is 'black' by your western terminology. Their language is Hausa, their nationality is Nigerian, Nigerien, Burkinabe, Ghanaian, etc.

Hausa are by no means a separate race.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_people

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
Fulaman198:

Now I know you are a bigot grin. Let me educate you.

There is only one race, the human race.

Hausa are an ethnic group, their skin colour is 'black' by your western terminology. Their language is Hausa, their nationality is Nigerian, Nigerien, Burkinabe, Ghanaian, etc.

Hausa are by no means a separate race.
If you don't understand the meaning of RACE, then, there's no point talking sense into you. Perhaps you are better off looking after your cattle in the field than arguing with someone in the internet
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Vicjustice:
If you don't understand the meaning of RACE, then, there's no point talking sense into you. Perhaps you are better off looking after your cattle in the field than arguing with someone in the internet

You don't know the meaning of ethnic group, those definitions are there, yet you didn't read them

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_people

You are using 17th century definitions. I thought you believed in progression?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_classification)
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by ow11(m): 7:39am On Jan 05, 2014
Vicjustice:
Are you one of those who consider RACE to be only about colours and appearances? cheesy
If that is what you think, then, you only have a primary and partial definition of Race.
Race is not only about skin colour, but it is more to do with ethnicity. It would be a lay man thinking to consider Hausa as a tribe: Hausa is not a tribe, but a RACE.
  Racism doesn't just consist of issues of colours, it deeply consist of matters among people of same colours but different back-ground of origin. For example, the German race, the Greek race, the Roman race, Jewish race etc.
  Tribalism consists of issues among people of same race, but different tribes. You can not say that the difference between the Ibos and the Housas is tribe, that would be wrong.  Let me enlighten you. Talking about Igbo for instance, it is a race of it's own, and in this race, there are tribes: therefore, if an Igbo person have prejudice with fellow Igbos for reason of his origin back-ground, such issue could be referred to as tribalism. But if an Igbo man is prejudiced against a Hausa man for reason of his origin, this is RACISM.
   Remember the twelve tribes of Israel? They were all born of one father, and yet, their offsprings were/are classified into tribes.
   Take some examples: An English man would accuse Germany of racism toward them, are they not all whites? Adolph Hitler was a racist toward Polish people, are they not whites?
   So, my dear, the problem in Nigeria is racism, not tribalism, tribalism is an issue among people of the same race. What about the Oduduwa race?

Again you are still missing Fulaman's point. The issue isn't a definition of a race, ethnic group, nationality or tribe. The issue is stereotyping! Of course, there are good and bad stereotypes but the negative stereotypes are the ones generally ascribed one of the 'isms' (you can put any prefix that suits you - race (in current American social definition), ethnic group or even hair colour).

The original post was preying on a negative stereotype of Nigerians nay Africans and you didn't see it. Fulaman198 has been trying unsuccessfully to show you and somehow believes he understands the reasons for your missing the point which he attributed to self hating.

1 Like

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by wishlolia(f): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
bias judge, pele o
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
wishlolia:
bias judge, pele o
Good observation, i suppose.
Well, By the way, have you guys/gals found love yet at www.babefishing.com?
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by wishlolia(f): 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
Yeah, that's the accurate observation
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
18. Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches / How Do U Interprete 'Eku Amojuba' In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.