Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship (934 Views)

Guys What's The Worse Response You Receive For Telling A Girl That You Love Her? / 6 Clichè Lies Nigerian Girls Need To Stop Telling - The Herald / Guys Is Telling A Girl "Thank You For Accepting My Friend Request"proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by nurabela: 1:18am On Dec 18, 2010
Is it worth risking the friendship if you truly want to be in a relationship with them?
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by Dsense(m): 1:24am On Dec 18, 2010
Yes ,No . . .Yes,NO . . .Not sure! grin
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by netotse(m): 1:28am On Dec 18, 2010
nurabela:

Is it worth risking the friendship if you truly want to be in a relationship with them?
it's a question only you can decide. . .sad innit?
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by Osama10(m): 1:45am On Dec 18, 2010
Are you just going into a relationship with your friend or you intend to settle down with this person.
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by omega25red(m): 3:13am On Dec 18, 2010
there are no garuntees in life. you can choose to stay friends and your friendhsip goes sour and you can also choose to enter a relationship which also can go bad. I say this to say if you are feeling someone go for it besides its better to start out as friends anyway
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by sweetcali: 4:30am On Dec 18, 2010
Well, you'll never know unless you try. If you don't try you will always wonder about what might have been. If you're afraid of ruining the friendship, take style to find out if your friend would ever go for it before asking directly. For instance, tell the friend a story about best friends who started dating and are now happily married (or something like that). Listen to the comments your friend makes about it to find out whether you can ask for a relationship or not. Good luck!
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by Jay595(m): 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2010
sweetcali:

Well, you'll never know unless you try. If you don't try you will always wonder about what might have been. If you're afraid of ruining the friendship, take style to find out if your friend would ever go for it before asking directly. For instance, tell the friend a story about best friends who started dating and are now happily married (or something like that). Listen to the comments your friend makes about it to find out whether you can ask for a relationship or not. Good luck!
[color=#000099][/color]True Talk
Its a question only u can answer. Same thing just happened 2 me, asked her out directly she said no and she's avoiding me like am d devil. She gave all d signs but I guess I was wrong. Though, 1 thing remains clear, if I had a chance 2 do it all-over again, I'll still ask her, coz now I know wat she feels instead of always wondering. Now she d 1 dat will be 1dering wat cud hv been if she said yes.
Good luck!
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by iice(f): 5:02am On Dec 19, 2010
omega25red:

there are no garuntees in life. you can choose to stay friends and your friendhsip goes sour and you can also choose to enter a relationship which also can go bad. I say this to say if you are feeling someone go for it besides its better to start out as friends anyway

True
choices. . .tis the freedom of being a man
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by netotse(m): 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2010
Jay595:

[color=#000099][/color]True Talk
Its a question only u can answer. Same thing just happened 2 me, asked her out directly she said no and she's avoiding me like am d devil. She gave all d signs but I guess I was wrong. Though, 1 thing remains clear, if I had a chance 2 do it all-over again, I'll still ask her, coz now I know wat she feels instead of always wondering. Now she d 1 dat will be 1dering wat cud hv been if she said yes.
Good luck!
i've never looked at it that way. . .you actually have a very pertinent point.
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by justdream(m): 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2010
sweetcali:

Yu Ar Just Rite On Spot Dear, Infact Yu Ar The ORACLE and They Av Spoken!!
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2010
keep waiting na, when she starts dating someone else it will eat you alive
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by slap1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 20, 2010
If he/she also takes you as a best friend, it's worth the risk. At least the out-come will be between both of you, not for the BBC. Why is he your best friend? You trust, love and care for him, and he probably reciprocates. What would you be needing from a relationship? Love, care and trust. Give it a shot.
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by Ideas4life(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2010
@poster: wen we are faced wit difficukt choices, the best is always the easiest!
I tell U̶̲̥̅̊ from xperience, cos rite now A̶̲̥̅♏ rockin wit ma bestie and somhow, ill accept that its d best I've been in!
Eventhough she did d askin and I was a bit dazed, cos all d while I was kinda more concentrated on d friend us and rily never bodad to imagine us as lovers, I feel like I took d best decision by givin Ȋ̝̊̅† a try!
But be warnd, Ȋ̝̊̅† comes wit much more challenges, cos unlike d usual lovers, U̶̲̥̅̊ guys wud wanna ensure dat ur friendship stays intact!
And only those who don't know wud say dat lovers who are best friends have d major part of deir challenges conquered!
And, never forget; not all relationships wud lead to marriage, so stop beatin urself up and do wat has to be done. If Ȋ̝̊̅† works out fine, if not better!
Re: Telling A Best Friend You Want A Relationship by kokoye(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
Yea,

I opened my mouth and told my friend . .even after she's tried hooking me up with some of her friends.

almost 6 years married now.

why bother with what coulda, shoulda, woulda been?

just ask with love . .if you really want him / or.

(1) (Reply)

Greatest Marriage Proposal Ever / Black Women Are Too Complicated To Toast. / I Am What Naija And The Rest Of The World Been Waiting For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.