Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,553 members, 7,958,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:04 PM

Al Mustapha Freed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Mustapha Freed (18155 Views)

MASSOB Loyalists, Al-mustapha, Fasheun, Mrs. Ojukwu Other Storm Owerri / Major Al-mustapha (rtd) Exposes , Lt- Gen. Abdulsalami (rtd) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
Kilode?!:

NO! he failed at his job!

Based on our hypothetical, he obeyed an unlawful order.

If Al-Mustapha killed those people based on Abacha's direct order, call it occupational hazard or whatever, he should be sentenced to death.

No sensible military anywhere including Nigeria will write a law that forces Military officers to obey unconstitutional orders.

He had a right to refuse Abacha's orders and suffer the possible consequences as a "gallant Nigerian soldier" -including death.

He made the wrong decision, but there is still hope. We should help him out by making a gallant warrior out of him, he should face the firing squad!

Brilliant. Some of the posts I read on NL assure me that my country has some of the world's finest young minds as citizens.

***But unfortunately, some of mankind's biggest oafs also carry Nigerian Passports, and that is also evident by some of the atrocious posts I read on NL***

Your analysis and POV is spot on. It is despicable and extremely provocative for anyone to even suggest that a hardened anti-democratic bigot and serial killer like Mustapha should benefit from any kind of democratic dividend - including freedom and other fundamental human rights. Someone on the first page of this thread was talking nonsense to the effect that 'revenge is not justice' and whatnot. How obtuse is that! An eye for an eye we both go blind, yes, and why not? Isn't it perfect justice for you to, at the very least, also lose your sight for INTENTIONALLY making me lose mine? So a monster like Mustapha commits all manners of atrocities and he should not be made to suffer the consequences? Not even ten trillion litres of liquefied remorse/repentance  should be sufficient to qualify certain categories of offenders for even a drop of forgiveness and compassion.

From the look of things, it is clear that the Federal Governmen's prosecutors do not have sufficient material evidence to nail the case, otherwise he would have long been convicted and executed. It is tragic that folks like him, Ishaya Bamaiyi, Frank Omenka and the rest would go on to enjoy their loot all around the world after visiting untold humiliation, sorrow, tears and blood on other Nigerians. Too bad. This, once more, confirms the banality of evil.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by DrKnow1(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2010
PHIPEX:

the only thing I still remember is that TWO WRONGS can not make a right. Almustapha erred by being the guy who POINTS AND KILLS, FG too by being unable to pin him down after 11yrs. Though justice delayed is justice denied but justice should not just be done but must be seen to be done (na so lawyers for court talkam). Now beyond his own fundamental right to freedom, can the families of those he is accused of POINTING AND KILLING, see this as justice?

I ask again DOES TWO WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT?

Would you have said the same thing if any of your family members were among the victims? Justice is required to serve as a deterrent to any would be military junta with perchant for extra-judicial killings
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by opabukun(m): 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
i once posted asking who knows his whereabout including the Bamaiyis.
if we are saying he is free, was he in "PRISON" before?
wasn't he in the kind of prison CECELIA IBRU is?
for your info, they kill cow every Fri in their prisons (unconfirmed info.)

NOW. WAS HE FREE BY A COMPETENT COURT OF LAW? IF YES, GOOD FOR HIM.
IF NOT, THEN JEG IS A BIG FOOL FOR SCORING CHEAP POLITICAL MARK BY
ENDAGERING 9JERs LIFE.

JEG + FREE OF AL MUSTAPHA = FOOL IDEA
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by ShangoThor(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
justise: What exactly did he do wrong?

The last time I checked, "Obeying your superior" isnt a crime.

What is the difference between Al Mustapha and the young US marines sent to Iraq to liberate Iraqis?

[size=18pt]@ Justise[/size]

You are either playing devil’s advocate here or you’re a closet Al-Qaeda sympathizer because you sure do reason like one.
Tell the Nazi hunters and the court at The Hague that this epitome of evil was just efficiently executing his duties under orders. You forget that a precedent has already been set in the international court.

Every Nigerians life and blood is sacrosanct and precious hence those that continually involve themselves in unconstitutional acts of arbitrarily shedding the blood of individuals due to the inadequate protection afforded by the State will eventually get their just deserts.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by phreakabit(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2010
JEG + FREE OF AL MUSTAPHA = FOOL IDEA

I think its a LAUDABLE act. More of an achievement than an act, if I must say.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by edicolove: 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2010
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2010
phreakabit:

I did not want to go here. But, I think this hate of Mustapha, is ethnically motivated. Am I wrong?

Why do you think it is ethnically motivated?

phreakabit:

Too bad you see it that way. IMO, let the living live, while the dead RIP. I think he is a honorable man, for carrying out his orders! You would have done the same, had it been you.

So killing other people to save yourself is honourable?

And in your "wise" opinion, killers should be let go and we should just allow the dead be dead?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Jeboy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2010
How s dis release attributed to GEJ and his 2011 election?D education we have is supposed 2 reflect on our posts but alas some folks are just quick 2 unleach leaders at every instance.I wonder if u guys will be able 2 run ur families with dis kind of bad critism and utmost disrespect 4 leadership.If Lagos were pdp control state now u guys wuld hav been right but a case Lagos govt. culdnt win u didnt blame judiciary,fashola na far GEJ.When tribunal ruled against pdp nobody gave crdts to GEJ.Na God go judge una
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2010
phreakabit:

I did not want to go here. But, I think this hate of Mustapha, is ethnically motivated. Am I wrong?
If tribalism is what it takes to get justice for Kudirat's death ? Then call me a tribalist ! He must pay for his murderous offence.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by frgy1: 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2010
wetin sef?!!
Which orders una dey shout sef??!
Do you know how ruthless he must have been to be selected by abacha as the CSO?
Abacha needed a monster, someone who does'nt value human life, someone who shares thesame f***kd up ideology wit him, someone who will act acordinly without needing much directions or supervision. He saw all this in mustapha and gave him the job.
He (mustapha) got the job because of his "impresive" resumé.! HE IS A MONSTER!!!
A good subordinate should be able to anticipate what the superior expects of him, and al mustapha was a wonderful one. He must have carried out countless ops without abacha knowing.
Abi u wan tel me say na EVERYTHING abacha order?
Una wey sabi read Tell well, did you miss what roger said mustapha do to them whenever they fail a mission?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Kilode1: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2010
pro01:

Brilliant. Some of the posts I read on NL assure me that my country has some of the world's finest young minds as citizens.

***But unfortunately, some of mankind's biggest oafs also carry Nigerian Passports, and that is also evident by some of the atrocious posts I read on NL***

Your analysis and POV is spot on. It is despicable and extremely provocative for anyone to even suggest that a hardened anti-democratic bigot and serial killer like Mustapha should benefit from any kind of democratic dividend - including freedom and other fundamental human rights. Someone on the first page of this thread was talking nonsense to the effect that 'revenge is not justice' and whatnot. How obtuse is that! An eye for an eye we both go blind, yes, and why not? Isn't it perfect justice for you to, at the very least, also lose your sight for INTENTIONALLY making me lose mine? So a monster like Mustapha commits all manners of atrocities and he should not be made to suffer the consequences? Not even ten trillion litres of liquefied remorse/repentance  should be sufficient to qualify certain categories of offenders for even a drop of forgiveness and compassion.

From the look of things, it is clear that the Federal Governmen's prosecutors do not have sufficient material evidence to nail the case, otherwise he would have long been convicted and executed. It is tragic that folks like him, Ishaya Bamaiyi, Frank Omenka and the rest would go on to enjoy their loot all around the world after visiting untold humiliation, sorrow, tears and blood on other Nigerians. Too bad. This, once more, confirms the banality of evil.

We should keep pushing these voices of retrogression back whenever we have the opportunity to.  

I'm glad you mentioned Omenka, I read he is hiding somewhere in Brazil, -probably reading this NL post and happy that people like justise are Nigerians.

If Omenka was so brave and so strong why didn't he stay around after Abacha's death?

My hope is that when we get the country of our dreams( I believe we will) we should strive to make it unliveable for those who believe they can murder our people with impunity and get away with it.

For NL's who became Nigeria-concious after 1999 or after Seun started NL smiley you can google Frank Omenka or read the links below and yes also read those who have a contrary opinion and come to your own conclusions

http://allafrica.com/stories/199911300150.html

http://www.dawodu.com/oduyela12.htm

If we don't set the right precedence, those who seek to murder and kill our people will continue to do so with impunity and get away with it.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by oge4real(f): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
I lost my appetite since I heard this news, I am reviewing my opinion about GEJ.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
If any body shouts tribe here again they would have me to deal with shio! angry angry angry angry angry Allow me read how Sagamite is finishing people you all should stop this rubbish this is where I am from trash!
hehehehe dame patience dey talk for tv lol!
"My husband Jonathan and sambo is such a lovely people"LOL ROTFLMAO

:scratches throat:
Oya back to this jist no more tribal sounds again, this cyclop killed Nigerians including his kinsmen.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by murajh: 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2010
Dear All,

GET IT CLEAR!!!

The High Court in Lagos has dismissed the case against Major Hamza Al Mustapha and others over the attempted assasination of Chief Alex Ibru. Col Yakubu Jibrin and Commisioner of Police James Danbaba have been released but Al Mustapha still remains detained for the murder case of Kudirat Abiola. For Al Mustapha it is a case of one down and one to go and I certainly wish him well.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Kilode1: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2010
oge4real:

I lost my appetite since I heard this news, I am reviewing my opinion about GEJ.

^ I don't believe the Lagos govt. released him yet. I think they just acquitted him of some of the crimes, according to reports, he still has other ones to answer for including the Kudirat Abiola Murder.

I don't think it's about GEJ at all, he's held by the Lagos state Government for crimes committed in Lagos.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2010
Kilode?!:

^ I don't believe the Lagos govt. released him yet. I think they just acquitted him of some of the crimes, according to reports, he still has other ones to answer for including the Kudirat Abiola Murder.

I don't think it's about GEJ at all, he's held by the Lagos state Government for crimes committed in Lagos.
I can't wait for him to spend another 20 years in kirikiri for the pending cases. grin grin grin
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Osama10(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2010
lipsrsealed
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by thiscounts(m): 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
Probably he has another assigment to carry out again, A CLEAN SHOT OF AN ASSASINATION that might shake the country to war or maybe to head a squad up there.Militants for Militants I think,incase the election,
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Kilode1: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I can't wait for him to spend another 20 years in kirikiri for the pending cases. grin grin grin

Methinks he should just opt for public execution maybe at the national stadium or somewhere on 3rd Mainland with his back to those rails. *that is if he's lawfully convicted** we don't want to be unlawful like his boss Sani "the dark goggled one" Abacha  AKA The terror of Aso Rock.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2010
thiscounts:

Probably he has another assigment to carry out again, A CLEAN SHOT OF AN ASSASINATION that might shake the country to war or maybe to head a squad up there.Militants for Militants I think,incase the election,
Honestly,the guy should not be under-estimated because of his influence among the military boys especially the junior officers who admire the guy a lot.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2010
frgy_:

wetin sef?!!
Which orders una dey shout sef??!
Do you know how ruthless he must have been to be selected by abacha as the CSO?
Abacha needed a monster, someone who does'nt value human life, someone who shares thesame f***kd up ideology wit him, someone who will act acordinly without needing much directions or supervision. He saw all this in mustapha and gave him the job.
He (mustapha) got the job because of his "impresive" resumé.! HE IS A MONSTER!!!
A good subordinate should be able to anticipate what the superior expects of him, and al mustapha was a wonderful one. He must have carried out countless ops without abacha knowing.
Abi u wan tel me say na EVERYTHING abacha order?
Una wey sabi read Tell well, did you miss what roger said mustapha do to them whenever they fail a mission?

Thank you!

History, whether from Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Mugabe etc will show us that men that are accused of such level of involvement and orchestration of terror for the leader are often not simply following orders but were proactive, diligent, enthusiastic and discretional participants when performing the role, hoping in return for the tangible (e.g. wealth) and non-tangible (e.g. praise, sub-power) rewards the leader gives.

They conduct their evil with zeal based on the belief that they can do such with impunity and there has usually never been and will never be any prosecution of or punishment for their acts in such a dysfunctional and unjust system since they are part of the unquestioned power structure.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2010
Kilode?!:

Methinks he should just opt for public execution maybe at the national stadium or somewhere on 3rd Mainland with his back to those rails. *that is if he's lawfully convicted** we don't want to be unlawful like his boss Sani "the dark goggled one" Abacha  AKA The terror of Aso Rock.

Anything will just be fine in as much as he also feel the pain he caused the people he killed.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by MAYOWAAK: 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2010
Here we go again! murderers are released and petty thieves and offenders are jailed,because they are nobody. Before you know it Mustafa will contest for governorship in 2011 elections or at worst he will he be in the (un)hallowed senate chambers,cos that's there stock in trade .They are made up of murderers and men of questionable character!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by trenchcoat: 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
Very happy to hear he has been acquitted of some of the charges and would soon be free, nice work GEJ this has added more feather to your campaign. grin
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by badesco(m): 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2010
Freedom 4 whom? No way. D guy Major Al-Mustapha shld hv bn left to rot in prison or to face firing squad 4 his henious & unforgivable crimes against mankind.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by badesco(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2010
Freedom 4 whom? No way. D guy Major Al-Mustapha shld hv bn left to rot in prison or to face firing squad 4 his henious & unforgivable crimes against mankind.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by MetalGong4: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
I'm really happy that justice has been done by freeing Al-mustapha.  After more than 12 yrs without trial, I'm really happy for him and his family.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by frgy1: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
Sagamite:

Thank you!

History, whether from Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Mugabe etc will show us that men that are accused of such level of involvement and orchestration of terror for the leader are often not simply following orders but were proactive, diligent, enthusiastic and discretional participants when performing the role, hoping in return for the tangible (e.g. wealth) and non-tangible (e.g. praise, sub-power) rewards the leader gives.
Exactly
Look at how effectively Heinrich Himmler did his job. Would we now say 'hitler made him do it, he is a kind person if you look deep down'. Exact same thing with mustapha. You have to be an babarian to carry out babaric acts perfectly, weather by order or not.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Mustapha committed no crime, Killing Yorubas is not a crime

So is killing thousands of ibo during the war  !
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Alxmyr(m): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2010
Chei! Some people are wicked sha.
This is a man that was accused of killing and has been in prison for 11 years.
And even in Obj's desperate move to send him to jail, there was no substantial evidence against him.
As bad as Gen. Aliyu Gusau is as NSA, he could not proof any charge against him.
He was charge for treason, court discharged him.
He was charged for attempted murder, he was discharged by court,
Yet some people are giving it political coloration.
What do you want?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by drmoney: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
For the records, there is no political undertone to the acquittal and discharge ON THIS COUNT!
The REAL PERSON that kept Al-Mustapha in prison must be pinching himself ryt now.
And for the killing of Kudirat, I wont be surprised if he is acquitted again, because HE WAS NOT THE GUY INVOLVED.
Trust me, U have no idea what is really happening.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by GNaija: 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2010
The trial of Al Mustapha is shameful and should be completely ended immediately. If the Government prosecutors can't prove a simple case after years and years of trying then they have no case and are simplying violating human right laws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? / Buhari Receives Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General (Photos) / Kemi Adeosun Didn't Need NYSC Exemption Certificate - High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.