Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,395 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) (20775 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Is 35 Today(photos) / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

The argument never occurred before but it's occurring now.So go and argue with your Igala Muslim brothers if they won't roast you. You are probably one of those Igbo south Igaland that try to claim Igala meanwhile most Igalas see them as inferior.
There's no need for that because they ain't violent as you up north. I'm a Muslim myself.
I just finished praying Salaat Isha'a now.

Below is pic of mosque in my compound.

Modified:
The pictures I snap were too large to upload, that's what I saw when I tried to upload. I have to screenshot them.

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

The argument never occurred before but it's occurring now.So go and argue with your Igala Muslim brothers if they won't roast you.
You are probably one of those Igbo south Igaland that try to claim Igala meanwhile most Igalas see them as inferior
No, I am not. I'm from Itobe under Ofu local government. Immediately from the bridge (from Ajaokuta) is Itobe. How's that South to you.

Anyone that disagree or burst your lies or no longer interested in your arewa is Igbo to you. Do you see the Igbos in your dream?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

No, I am not. I'm from Itobe under Ofu local government. Immediately from the bridge (from Ajaokuta) is Itobe. How's that South to you.

Anyone that disagree or burst your lies or no longer interested in your arewa is Igbo to you. Do you see the Igbos in your dream?

Well I will take it that you are not one of those Nyamiri from southern Igala. I know Igala culture and society very well It is not possible and it is a lie to say there more Christians than Muslim Igalas as the OP is calming. Whether you join Arewa or not is not the issue .the Issue is we got more Muslims in the central Nigeria and more Igala Muslims. If you follow those Nyamiri dubious people to create religion crisis in Igala land then our Muslim Igala brothers will finish you first before we join. If you are not Nyamiri as you claim take that. But if you are Nyamiri go to hell you are a slave we are already dealing with you people in Nigeria,So no qualms wink
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
OneDollarSalary:
Naajjii

Mr man you not a Muslim , simple. This is one thing with you people , hiding or impersonating. I get the impression you got Nyamiri blood undecided

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

Mr man you not a Muslim , simple. This is one thing with you people , hiding or impersonating. I get the impression you got Nyamiri blood undecided
When you are defeated and have nothing else to say after truth have been revealed to you, you resort to shouting "nyamiri".

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

When you are defeated and have nothing else to say after truth have been revealed to you, you resort to shouting "nyamiri".

Wonderment!!!Where is the defeat here, is your reason faculty intact at all, how can you defeat a whole commander general? Most Nyamiri people here hid claiming to be from central Nigeria and you are an example you are claiming to be a Muslim whereas you are not a Muslim.Why are you scared and hiding your faith? Is that not characteristic of Nyamiri people
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by abduljabbar4(m): 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Of course we all know that majority of the Christians who live in Zaria are settlers. Most of them are from Southern Kaduna, Igbos and other Northern christians. However, there are still very many Indigenous Zaria Hausa Christians and other Hausa Christians from Kano & Katsina. Like half of the Christians in Wusasa are indigenous Zaria Christians.

Besides, Sarkin Samaru or Sarkin Wusasa is not an evidence for a place being Muslim land or even Hausa land. Before 2001, were most of Southern Kaduna lands not having Hausa fulani Sarkis & Emirs as their traditional heads? Till now is there no Sarkin Saminaka? Is Saminaka a Hausa land or Muslim land? When it is surrounded by dozens of Kurama towns & villages?
It seems like you forgot that a system of indirect rule with the Emirates & Sultanate was used all over Northern Nigeria from the colonial era.

Point of correction. Ungwan Gado & Mando are not the only Christian dominated areas in Kaduna city north. What about Kabala west & Kurmin Mashi?
Central Area, Sabongari & Hayin banki are also Christian majority or at most a 50-50.

Christians have a stronger voter apathy than Muslims, unlike Muslims that will carry the deaf, the lame, the old, the blind and children to go and vote. That is why any place that is even 60% Christian, Muslims will still dominate the politics of that place. Christians only dominate politically if they are up to 70% of a place and they are ruthless.
This is why places that are 50-50 or even 55% Muslim are always concluded to be muslim dominated.

Also, Muslims are businesses oriented and they always live by the roadsides (sending the false message that they are a majority).
That is why Kasuwan Samaru and streets around the market will have more Muslims. However u cannot use a market or the streets around the market to judge the population of an entire Place.
If you go to Kachia market for example, it will look like a 50-50, but does that mean that Kachia town is 50% muslims?

Yes, Christians tend to have more churches in a place compared to Muslims having mosques. However, it is usually like 4 churches to 1 mosque, especially in the north, unlike in the south where there are mushroom one-pastor churches everywhere.

Besides, Google maps do not capture small mushroom churches, only major churches with big landmark buildings.

So, it is impossible for you to look at Google maps and u see 10 churches in one place and only 1 mosque and u tell me that muslims are more in that place or it is a 50-50. Hell no!
But if you see 8 churches and 2 mosques in a place you can say it is 50-50

Look at the screenshot below from a neighborhood in Kaduna city north

Can u see 4 mosques to 1 church? Can such a place ever be Christian majority or 50-50? Hell no. It is overwhelmingly muslim with few Christians.

Look my friend, I am not saying there are few Christians in Zaria. They are there in millions but comparing their population with that of the Muslims in places like SAMARU is what I strongly laugh at. It's just unreasonable and any body who has been to those areas would be arguing. The last time I went to Wusasa was around 2009 I think when I visited someone in the hospital that's why I'm not stressing on it but even at that, my little observation suggests that Muslims might outnumber the Christians. As for Sabon Gari, Palladan and the rest, forget it.

Okay, let's assume the sarautas do not prove anything. Are you aware that Islam has been existing in Hausa land for over 600 years? Zaria is a member of the Hausa bakwai zones which has always been dominated by Muslims. Samaru was not established in 2013 or so. The grandparents of some of my friends were born there and guess what? They were all Muslims. But let's even get that out of the way. Just ask someone living in Zaria to give you an estimate. Exchanging noise here will not help either of us.

For the records, yes, Saminaka is a Muslim land. Even the name alone should tell you that. Election results should tell you that. If there is truly political apathy among christians then how come the polling unit results in Unguwan Gado (i vote in Kaduna all the time) do not go way lower than those of the surrounding muslim areas? Apathy or not, One party cannot get 700 votes and the other manages 112 and you tell me that it's because the others don't like voting. Besides a lot of Muslims don't go out to vote as well. If yoy are talking about the photoshppped images that you guys have been sharing about underaged voters then yes, we even carry pur donkeys to polling units. My question is, where were the PDP agents? You think they are going to bare their teeth when such malpractice is happening? From Buhari being a clone to Islamization agenda, we have heard a lot of propaganda from you guys. You always have excusescheesy

You just said it yourself, Google maps doesn't capture mushroom churches. So why had it not occurred to you that they dont capture musqes as well? Let's not even talk about the congregational prayers that are held in open spaces.

Talking about markets, I did not say that one should only consider the sellers. In fact, discard the sellers and concentrate on the buyers. (Unless you want to tell me that Christians in Samaru only shop online). Even when you look at the buyers, it sounds absurd to compare their numbers. Okay, if you say that we should not make a sample from the pedestrians we see on the roads, from the markets and from election results, can you kindly mention the criteria we should use?

Finally, I had a laugh when I saw your claims about kabala, hayin banki and co. Christian majority cheesy
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Look my friend, I am not saying there are few Christians in Zaria. They are there in millions but comparing their population with that of the Muslims in places like SAMARU is what I strongly laugh at. It's just unreasonable and any body who has been to those areas would be arguing. The last time I went to Wusasa was around 2009 I think when I visited someone in the hospital that's why I'm not stressing on it but even at that, my little observation suggests that Muslims might outnumber the Christians. As for Sabon Gari, Palladan and the rest, forget it.

Okay, let's assume the sarautas do not prove anything. Are you aware that Islam has been existing in Hausa land for over 600 years? Zaria is a member of the Hausa bakwai zones which has always been dominated by Muslims. Samaru was not established in 2013 or so. The grandparents of some of my friends were born there and guess what? They were all Muslims. But let's even get that out of the way. Just ask someone living in Zaria to give you an estimate. Exchanging noise here will not help either of us.

For the records, yes, Saminaka is a Muslim land. Even the name alone should tell you that. Election results should tell you that. If there is truly political apathy among christians then how come the polling unit results in Unguwan Gado (i vote in Kaduna all the time) do not go way lower than those of the surrounding muslim areas? Apathy or not, One party cannot get 700 votes and the other manages 112 and you tell me that it's because the others don't like voting. Besides a lot of Muslims don't go out to vote as well. If yoy are talking about the photoshppped images that you guys have been sharing about underaged voters then yes, we even carry pur donkeys to polling units. My question is, where were the PDP agents? You think they are going to bare their teeth when such malpractice is happening? From Buhari being a clone to Islamization agenda, we have heard a lot of propaganda from you guys. You always have excusescheesy

You just said it yourself, Google maps doesn't capture mushroom churches. So why had it not occurred to you that they dont capture musqes as well? Let's not even talk about the congregational prayers that are held in open spaces.

Talking about markets, I did not say that one should only consider the sellers. In fact, discard the sellers and concentrate on the buyers. (Unless you want to tell me that Christians in Samaru only shop online). Even when you look at the buyers, it sounds absurd to compare their numbers. Okay, if you say that we should not make a sample from the pedestrians we see on the roads, from the markets and from election results, can you kindly mention the criteria we should use?

Finally, I had a laugh when I saw your claims about kabala, hayin banki and co. Christian majority cheesy
The boldness with audacity that always greet your assertion is worrisome. So because you Sarkin Saminaka in place or Sarkin Kachia on the Thrones automatically mean the land is Muslims..? Not true. Saminaka n Kachia never Muslims land
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eagleu: 12:53am On Apr 10, 2020
OP, once again good job!
Same people who benefit from the so-called northern solidarity are also the same people who push non scientific census figures from the desert vs the forest.

They're also very interested in proclaiming that Nigeria is 90% Muslim, and 10% Christians- maybe it's a religious thing for them to inflate numbers, so I can understand the savage attacks on you!

Watch how they insult, change the subject, or try to divert the topic to nyamiri!!!!

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by YeeboMuslim: 2:29am On Apr 10, 2020
Nowenuse:

You are just telling Senatordave1 rubbish.

Yoruba land & Edo state should have the highest number of pagans in Nigeria because almost every Christian or Muslim there goes to Babalawo or has a shrine at the back of their houses.

And FYI, Eggons are 75% Christians. So I don't understand how you say the difference between Eggon Christians and muslims is small.
Among all parts of Eggon land, only in Lafia east are Eggon muslims a majority. Even the Lafia east is like a 50-50.

Nasarawa Eggon LGA is like 90% Christian. Eggons in Kokona, Akwanga, Obi, Doma and almost everywhere else are overwhelmingly christians.

Yes, a huge percentage of Eggons, especially Eggon Christians have not left their traditional religions. However, they mix both together. You cannot call such people pagans cos they still go to church.

They are just like the Jukuns of Taraba & Taroks of Plateau. In the whole of the Northern christian region, only these 3 ethnic groups still hold on to their traditional religions very fiercely and that is why they are among the deadliest ethnic groups in the middlebelt for fulanis.

Almost all others have largely abandoned their traditional religions for Christianity or Islam.

You can hardly find a northern Christian who is a full blown traditionalist, be it Eggon, Tarok or Jukun. They still attend church services. Just that when they are in the church and the masquerades come out, the churches become empty grin

This is not like Yorubaland, Edo or even Delta state where u have full blown traditionalists who have never stepped their foot into a church or mosque since they were born.
Extremely dumb assertion .
Nah you dey build shrines for their backyard abi .
You just make sweeping claims without proof..smh .

Why should such person be taken seriously??
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 5:35am On Apr 10, 2020
eagleu:
OP, once again good job!
Same people who benefit from the so-called northern solidarity are also the same people who push non scientific census figures from the desert vs the forest.

They're also very interested in proclaiming that Nigeria is 90% Muslim, and 10% Christians- maybe it's a religious thing for them to inflate numbers, so I can understand the savage attacks on you!

Watch how they insult, change the subject, or try to divert the topic to nyamiri!!!!
Mr man you miss road nai, or corona dey do you.We Muslims don't don't show inferiority complex or care about you people , we set way forward , we do our thing while you people cry of marginalization or is it Islamization agenda . If you are more in Nigeria why is that CAN has been crying of Islamisation almost everyday. Even when Jonathan a Christian was the president your CAN president then, the one with that hair cut Ayo O. cried of Islamisation more than any other time. Now Buhari is here you keep crying. How many times has the sultan cried of Christinisation agenda ? It sounds even oddgrin. Go and relax ma fr ie nd. Make us cry of Christinisation agenda cool
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 6:35am On Apr 10, 2020
YeeboMuslim:

Extremely dumb assertion .
Nah you dey build shrines for their backyard abi .
You just make sweeping claims without proof..smh .

Why should such person be taken seriously??
Ha ha you see what am saying , this man (Nowenuse) is a scammer grin
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

Ha ha you see what am saying , myself (Naajjii) is a Jihadist/terrorist and scammer grin

Fixed
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:08am On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

Pls post them but another thing how credible is the list , is it edited or not because I don't trust you and am not still convinced you are not an Igbo man. I can only analyse the list if it is proven that you are not a Nyamiri.

Are u such a block brain? You can go and download the list for yourself if you think I am editing mine.

Cc OneDollarSalary

Ankpa 1, Ankpa 2, Dekina 1, Dekina 2

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:10am On Apr 10, 2020
Cc OneDollarSalary, Naajji, DanArrewa, Scholes0

Ibaji, Idah, Igalamela, Ofu

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by BoboNkiti19: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

Wonderment!!!Where is the defeat here, is your reason faculty intact at all, how can you defeat a whole commander general? Most Nyamiri people here hid claiming to be from central Nigeria and you are an example you are claiming to be a Muslim whereas you are not a Muslim.Why are you scared and hiding your faith? Is that not characteristic of Nyamiri people
Nyamiri dey nyansh your mama abi wetin? Aboki these your obsession with Nyamiri dey fear me oo grin grin
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2020

1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2020

Out of the 210 total contenders

I counted 118 contenders
with at least one English name,
2 tribal names without an Islamic or English name,
a tribal first name and an Islamic surname without an Islamic middlename.
(These are 99% typical Igala christians).

I did not count people with
all Islamic names,
people with a tribal middlename, an Islamic surname and an Islamic first name,
people with a tribal surname, an Islamic first name and a tribal middlename
(These are 90% typical Igala muslims)

So the chances of Christians not being counted by me is higher than the chances of muslims being counted by me.

And let's not forget that muslims play politics more than christians on average. There are many Christian sects and denominations that are strongly against politics! E.g Jehovah's Witnesses, while almost all the other church denominations (especially the older orthodox ones) frown and discourage politics, it is only the new generation churches like Winners, Redeemed e.t.c that are positive towards politics.

So you judge for yourself from the list and tell us between Christians and muslims who is more in Igala land.

You people don't know anything apart from making noise online and shouting that muslims are the majority in the middlebelt because of the governors.

Igalas used to be 50-50 in the past, but the rate at which many traditionalists and Igala Muslims converted to Christianity over the years has been very very high!
That's why u are seeing people's names such as USMAN JOSEPH or KABIR GLORIA. Such people clearly came from muslim families but became Christians.

Igalas are 60-65% Christian today.

Another thing is that many Igala Muslim men will marry a Christian woman and since Igalas do not take Islam so seriously on average, all the children will end up following their mothers to church and become Christians.
This is the same thing that is reducing Yoruba muslim population.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by myobjective: 11:40am On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

Idiot from the Sahel with entitlement mentality to decide who is a Muslim in a region he has never been to.

Arewa is dead and buried and be rest assured that when shit hit the fan, Muslim southerners and the middle belt will side with the Christians to send you barbarians back to Niger republic and your Sahelian state in northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 11:41am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Nyamiri dey nyansh your mama abi wetin? Aboki these your obsession with Nyamiri dey fear me oo grin grin
Ha ha all these Nyamiri, you people claim you are not Nyamiri but why do you people suffer in sifia pain anytime i mention the term " Nyamiri " grin.
I get lot of private messages ha ha
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2020
eagleu:

Well educated and informed!

Sarduana's legacy or trick holding the north together while the west lost midwest, and the east lost Rivers/Cross rivers is noted.

His atrocities towards the middle belt minorities has also been swept under the carpet by his followers.
Col. Anuforo lost his life disobeying Sarduana's orders to mowed down protesting Tiv/Idoma people, because they were mostly Christians.

How did Tiv/Idoma repay Igbos during and after the war?

The truth is that Benue & Kogi people never felt connected to the north from the beginning cos they did not speak Hausa as a 2nd language unlike those of us from Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Gongola e.t.c.

Kogi/Kwara people kind of managed with the northern Identity because of half of them being muslims, however Benue people could not and this was what led to the Tiv riots of 1964.
Yes, Sardauna committed atrocities against Tiv people by silencing them.

Today we the middlebelters who speak Hausa as a 2nd language have learnt our lessons that a union with Hausa fulanis can never work, while the Tivs are now displaying their foolishness, just as we did in the past grin

Minorities are just very complicated.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 11:53am On Apr 10, 2020
myobjective:

Idiot from the Sahel with entitlement mentality to decide who is a Muslim in a region he has never been to.

Arewa is dead and buried and be rest assured that when shit hit the fan, Muslim southerners and the middle belt will side with the Christians to send you barbarians back to Niger republic and your Sahelian state in northern Nigeria.
But that your nyamiri brother that created this topic is saying otherwise that central Nigeria is Christian dominated and they deal with middlebelt Muslims and we say we are waiting, middlebelt is a Muslim dominated place they can't do shit. Our Muslim brothers will finish Nowenuse and his co travelers first , we will be on standby. DO YOU UNDDERSTAND wink
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ogbuefi677(m): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Nowenuse:

The truth is that Benue & Kogi people never felt connected to the north from the beginning cos they did not speak Hausa as a 2nd language unlike those of us from Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Gongola e.t.c.

Kogi/Kwara people kind of managed with the northern Identity because of half of them being muslims, however Benue people could not and this was what led to the Tiv riots of 1964.
Yes, Sardauna committed atrocities against Tiv people by silencing them.

Today we the middlebelters who speak Hausa as a 2nd language have learnt our lessons that a union with Hausa fulanis can never work, while the Tivs are now displaying their foolishness, just as we did in the past grin

Minorities are just very complicated.
For the Tivs,their reason for feeling they can have an alliance with hausa/Fulani is both childish and nauseating.
Just b/c a lot of Idomas rose to prominence during the PDP/David Mark days,they are ready to dine with a known evil to ensure they continue dominating the Idomas.
I jus de pity them.
Gideon Orkar must be weeping in his grave.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by myobjective: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

But that your nyamiri brother that created this topic is saying otherwise that central Nigeria is Christian dominated and they deal with middlebelt Muslims and we say we are waiting, middlebelt is a Muslim dominated place they can't do shit. Our Muslim brothers will finish Nowenuse and his co travelers first, we will be on standby

I'm not Igbo idiot and I don't give a Bleep about religious demography of northern Nigeria. I'm Yoruba and what I care about is the Yoruba people of the southwest and north-central.

Having a more enlightened north-central tribe will do well to weaken the stronghold the desert dwellers have over the north which will ultimately make the actualization of a Yoruba homeland easier.
It is a classical example of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I don't like the Igbos but hate the desert dweller more because they are barbarians, so I will support whoever will bring down or weaken the barbarian first.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by myobjective: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

But that your nyamiri brother that created this topic is saying otherwise that central Nigeria is Christian dominated and they deal with middlebelt Muslims and we say we are waiting, middlebelt is a Muslim dominated place they can't do shit. Our Muslim brothers will finish Nowenuse and his co travelers first , we will be on standby. DO YOU UNDDERSTAND wink

Islam is only used as a bonding and brotherhood platform by the Sahelian tribes who have no other ideology to hold on to.

Middle belt and southern Muslim see ethnicity as a better uniting factor than religion. I will never watch a barbarian kill my brother who is Christain because I'm a Muslim. I'll always side with my Christians, pagans and Atheist brother to fight and destroy the Sahelian barbarian.

Do you understand?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Aboki99:
Your statement that all northern ethnic minority groups have a majority xtian population is very wrong. Just one example, Kanuri, Mangawa, Bare bari, Babur, Badawa all are predominantly muslim.

Plus, if only 70% of northerners are muslims, what percentage then has muslims in the south (south west, east and south)?

It is very simple to guestimate which faith dominates in the entire country using the 8 geopol zones. Cleary the most populous zone is NW which is over 90% muslim. The second most populous zone is SW which is 60 muslim 40 xtian. The 3rd most populous zone is NE which is 80% muslim . The 4th most populous zone is NC which is 65% muslim 35% xtian. The 5th zone is SE which is 95% xtian. The least populous zone is SS which is 97% xtian. Intuit and arrive at the right conclusion. QED

Oga you are very ignorant!

Why are all Hausa fulanis very ignorant just like DanArrewa & his other account Naajji have been displaying here since.

Kanuri, Mangawa & BareBare are the same thing! How could u claim to be an Arewa person and u don't know this?

BAREBARE is the name that Hausas call KANURI people, while MANGAWA is the Kanuri subgroup that is located in Western Yobe down to Eastern Jigawa.

Yes in Yobe state, Badawa are overwhelmingly Muslims, same with Bolewa. Ngizim are dominantly muslim with few Christians.
Ngamo & KareKare are slightly predominantly Christians (60%). Although the Kare-kare in Bauchi are overwhelmingly muslims.

And Kare-Kares are the largest minority group in Yobe state. They are the largest in Yobe south cos they are found in the 4 LGAs that make up Yobe south.
This is the reason why Christians make up about half of Yobe south!

Going to Borno where u mentioned the Baburr!
Never u repeat that Baburr (Bura) people are majority muslims cos that is impossible!

Baburr & Bura people are the same people cos they have merged as one, with same language and same culture! And this makes them the largest ethnic group in Southern Borno and 2nd largest in Borno state.
They dominate Hawul, Biu, Kwaya Kusar & parts of Gombi LGA (Adamawa state).

Hawul is like 70% Christian, Biu LGA is 50-50 (but Biu town is muslim majority), Kwaya Kusar is 80% Muslim while Garkida (Gombi, Adamawa) is 80% Christian. And mind you, Hawul has the highest number of indigenes and the biggest in size.

Go to any Bura/Baburr group or socio-cultural organization online or offline and u will see that Christians always outnumber Muslims 65/35.

Like I said, in the whole of Northern Nigeria, minority ethnic groups which muslims dominate are barely more than 10, at most 20! But those which Christians dominate are more than 200.

In that same Southern Borno, Kibaku, Marghi & Mafa people are overwhelmingly christians. Gwoza people are 50-50.
Terawa people in Bayo are muslim majority, but those in Gombe are almost 50-50. Kanakuru people in Shani are 50-50 and those in Adamawa are predominantly Christian.

By the time u leave Southern Borno and cross into Adamawa & Southern Gombe, no single ethnic group in these areas are muslim majority, among the over 60 ethnic groups in these places, apart from the Hausa fulani settlers. In Taraba, Plateau, Kaduna, Nasarawa, FCT, Niger east, Niger north, Bauchi south & Kebbi south, barely up to 10 ethnic groups are muslim majority among over 200 ethnic groups.

With this, how can you argue that muslims outnumber Christians among Northern minorities? That is impossible!

Imagine u claiming that North-central is 65% muslim?

Okay I challenge u! List the top 20 largest tribes in the North-central and tell me how many are muslim majority!

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

See this goat! Where were your so called muslim brothers when Gbagyi youths in Bwari town (FCT) attacked every muslim on sight and almost finished them off if not for the intervention of security agencies?

In a state like Adamawa where fulanis are even the largest ethnic group, yet Michika Christians evicted every muslim from the LGA (including the Indigenous Kamwe Muslims).

Jukuns in Taraba have evicted muslims from Wukari, Takum e.t.c times without number including Jukun muslims, where were you?

I won't even talk about that of Plateau & Southern Kaduna.

Where were you when Sayawa Christians evicted all muslims from Tafawa Balewa & Bogoro including Sayawa Muslims? Where were you? Powerless goat.

I have told u before! You see Ebira, Nupe & Igala land!, That is the only place Indigenous muslims can never be evicted in the entire middlebelt. And let me also dash you Niger north (Borgu & Kambari land) cos Kambari are 50-50 too.

Even Niger east is not safe for you terrorists. Gbagyis, Kadaras, Kamukus & Koros in Niger east may be peaceful, but their brothers and sisters across in FCT & Southern Kaduna are not and very soon it will spread!

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
myobjective:

Islam is only used as a bonding and brotherhood platform by the Sahelian tribes who have no other ideology to hold on to.

Middle belt and southern Muslim see ethnicity as a better uniting factor than religion. I will never watch a barbarian kill my brother who is Christain because I'm a Muslim. I'll always side with my Christians, pagans and Atheist brother to fight and destroy the Sahelian barbarian.

Do you understand?
Ok tell you Nyamiri brother to try any north central Muslim and see .Whether you like it or not they are our Muslims brothers. Your hate for Islam is non consequential.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by myobjective: 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Naajjii:

Ok tell you Nyamiri brother to try any north central Muslim and see .Whether you like it or not they are our Muslims brothers. Your hate for Islam is non consequential.

I'm a Muslim and you Sahelian barbarian doesn't have a monopoly over who practices and how other practices the religion.

Turning Islam as your political blackmailing tool will only work among the Hausas and other tribes in the core-north, it will never work among the Yorubas and other intelligent tribes in the central and southerner Nigeria.

I'm too educated to be drawn into your senseless cult of how one should practise a religion that you have no control over.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nowenuse:

See this goat! Where were your so called muslim brothers when Gbagyi youths in Bwari town (FCT) attacked every muslim on sight and almost finished them off if not for the intervention of security agencies?

In a state like Adamawa where fulanis are even the largest ethnic group, yet Michika Christians evicted every muslim from the LGA (including the Indigenous Kamwe Muslims).

Jukuns in Taraba have evicted muslims from Wukari, Takum e.t.c times without number including Jukun muslims, where were you?

I won't even talk about that of Plateau & Southern Kaduna.

Where were you when Sayawa Christians evicted all muslims from Tafawa Balewa & Bogoro including Sayawa Muslims? Where were you? Powerless goat.

I have told u before! You see Ebira, Nupe & Igala land!, That is the only place Indigenous muslims can never be evicted in the entire middlebelt. And let me also dash you Niger north (Borgu & Kambari land) cos Kambari are 50-50 too.

Even Niger east is not safe for you terrorists. Gbagyis, Kadaras, Kamukus & Koros in Niger east may be peaceful, but their brothers and sisters across in FCT & Southern Kaduna are not and very soon it will spread!
Mr imposter like I keep saying you are Nyamiri , that's who you are so I will only engage on that level as Nyamiri. All what you just claimed about Jukun killing Muslims , sayawa , michika etc it is out there those crying everyday in the north about how their land and culture is being erased. I don't want to go into that because that's what you Igbo people want us to be engaging in, you can't bring me into that. All what am motivated about is Ipob terrorist headed by that porn star cool
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
9jakool:

No, you are good. Your estimates make sense. A few Notes about Ilorin:
The reason why the older areas in the NW core of Ilorin have more mosques compared to the churches in the periphery areas in the East and South has to do with the restriction of early missionaries in the old quarters where Ilorin indigines were concentrated. The first Christian missionaries and churches set up in the those areas and introduced Christianity along with western education. Christianity as a percentage has been growing slowly as Ilorin expands beyond its historical quarters. I still think it's more islamic, but I wouldn't be shocked if has 40% Christians.

Igbominaland is actually quite extensive from Share near Nupe to Ila in Osun state, so religious distribution is not quite even. Ilorin has spilled over to Igbominaland especially in Ifelodun as you have fusion with many satelite towns like Ganmo and Amoyo. It's hard to guess, but of the 4 Igbomina LGAs in Kwara, I would say Ilorin East and Ifelodun have slightly more muslims. Isin and Irepodun have christian majority as well as the Ekiti areas (Oke Ero and Ekiti lgas). The 2 most populous Igbomina towns are Ila in Osun and Omu aran in Kwara and both of these are christian majority. Offa and Ikirun are both Ibolo btw, but Offa and Oyun should be 50-50 within margins of error.

Ok thank you very much for this analysis.

This clearly confirms that Christians are the majority in Kwara south with like 60% of the population and Kwara south has like 40-45% of the Indigenous population of Kwara state, yet you will see some ignorant people come to tell you that Kwara state is 70-80% Muslim.

Many Yorubas even believe that most Yorubas in Kwara are muslim majority and I tell them it is not true. Yorubas in Kwara are a close 50-50 call, just like Oyo & Osun.
It is because of the Nupes & Baribas in Kwara north that makes Kwara a clear muslim majority state.
If Yorubas in Kwara had a state of their own, it would have been no different from Oyo & Osun state in settings.

Btw, is Ilorin east Igbomina land? I thought it was Asa LGA that is Igbomina land, please verify.

And what about Moro LGA? Which Yoruba subgroup do they belong to?

I apologise for making you perform religious analysis on Yoruba land, cos I know Yorubas very well. Religious differences & figures are the least of your problems. It's just unfortunate that you guys have to be merged with other Nigerians who take religious differences so seriously. That is why I tell Yorubas that you guys are the ones who need to pull out of Nigeria the most cos if this religious virus spreads into your land, your ethnic group will not survive it.

My last question, I promise not to go further.
What is your opinion on the religious percentage of Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo & Kogi Yorubas between Christians & Muslims?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

₦1 Million Might Be Demanded As Minimum Wage - Joe Ajaero / Buhari’s Address At Inauguration Of National Economic Council / NNPC Worker's Strike Has Been Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.