Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) (20784 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Is 35 Today(photos) / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yujin:

Don't mind him. We know the boundary of the terrorists. Abuja is middlebelt; largely Gbagyiland.
But what is your boundry with Anang worriors of Akwa Ibom who raided you people for slavery back in the days
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yujin:

Lol. Enjoy while it lasts..
Ofcourse am enjoying it and will keep enjoying, we can only give you Biafra anytime we are ready. cool
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by abduljabbar4(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

Oga...my final year project study area was entire Zaria zone made up of Giwa, Chika, Samaru, Sabon gari, Zaria City, wusasa/tukurtukr/kafar doka etc..
Spent 20 weeks collecting raw data myself on people there.
Samaru, Palladan, Sabon gari/PZ, Wusasa all have very clear Christians majority howbeit settlers of Southern and Middlebelt extractions.
TudunWada down to Kongo to Zaria city, Giwa, Tukurtukr and all have very high HausaFulanis Muslims.
Chika is roughly 40:60 cos it's ABUTH effects

Lol. You must be one of those stubborn students that cook up figures then. I can swear on anything that you have never been to Samaru before unless you are deliberately lying. You said you went there for a study, I'm telling you that I have frequented the place for over 10 years now. See how you are even spelling Shika. Like a typical outsider would.

How exactly could there be more Christians than Muslims in Samaru, Palladan and Shika? Like I said earlier, kindly give us random polling unit results from those areas. In which part of Samaru are there christian majority? Move from dogon ice, past the railway and all the way to the forest and count the average number of Muslims on the road alone vs Christians. When you are done, check Kasuwan Samaru and walk all the way to Palladan. Go to PZ and see. Everywhere you go, you must find at least 8 muslims before you find one christian. Go to ATM machines and make a rough population sample. Here are my estimates

Samaru: Muslims: 7 C: 3

PZ : 8-2

Palladan : 6-4

Wusasa: 7-3

Sabon Gari: 9-1

Go to Facebook and join some ABU groups. Just ask an honest opinion from a christian student self.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Lol. You must be one of those stubborn students that cook up figures then. I can swear on anything that you have never been to Samaru before unless you are deliberately lying. You said you went there for a study, I'm telling you that I have frequented the place for over 10 years now. See how you are even spelling Shika. Like a typical outsider would.

How exactly could there be more Christians than Muslims in Samaru, Palladan and Shika? Like I said earlier, kindly give us random polling unit results from those areas. In which part of Samaru are there christian majority? Move from dogon ice, past the railway and all the way to the forest and count the average number of Muslims on the road alone vs Christians. When you are done, check Kasuwan Samaru and walk all the way to Palladan. Go to PZ and see. Everywhere you go, you must find at least 8 muslims before you find one christian. Go to ATM machines and make a rough population sample. Here are my estimates

Samaru: Muslims: 7 C: 3

PZ : 8-2

Palladan : 6-4

Wusasa: 7-3

Sabon Gari: 9-1

Go to Facebook and join some ABU groups. Just ask an honest opinion from a christian student self.

Your Guestimate continues from your biased standpoint...!
My days in ABU was over ten years. Besides the shift in population distribution based on religion settlements occasioned by Sharia crisis of year 2000, my estimates stand as stated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 7:35am On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

But what is your boundry with Anang worriors of Akwa Ibom who raided you people for slavery back in the days
Emir of Kano used to deliver 1000 slaves, of Hausas, & other tribes, as TRIBUTE to the Sultan of Sokoto.
6 young males were exchanged for 1 Arabian horse.
This is the history now HAUNTING, ETCHED in the collective memories of northern Nigeria.

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 11:20am On Apr 09, 2020
Subduer:

Emir of Kano used to deliver 1000 slaves, of Hausas, & other tribes, as TRIBUTE to the Sultan of Sokoto.
6 young males were exchanged for 1 Arabian horse.
This is the history now HAUNTING, ETCHED in the collective memories of northern Nigeria.

HOW IGALA COLONIZED IGBOS , go and digest and deal with this......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igala_people
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319687582_IGALA_COLONISATION_OF_NORTHERN_IGBO_STATES_1450-18th_century
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
abduljabbar4:

There is a reason why I singled out those areas. Forget about your audio experience, I was born in Zaria and as I am typing this post, I am sitting in my room observing the lockdown order near PZ. I studied in ABU, and had a great number of coursemates who lived around Shika, Samaru, Palladan and Yan Goro and so on.

In case you don't know, most of the Christians within those areas are nothing but settlers (I dont know about Wusasa). It has been a muslim area for hundreds of years and that is why they still have titles like "Sarkin Samaru"
Of course we all know that majority of the Christians who live in Zaria are settlers. Most of them are from Southern Kaduna, Igbos and other Northern christians. However, there are still very many Indigenous Zaria Hausa Christians and other Hausa Christians from Kano & Katsina. Like half of the Christians in Wusasa are indigenous Zaria Christians.

Besides, Sarkin Samaru or Sarkin Wusasa is not an evidence for a place being Muslim land or even Hausa land. Before 2001, were most of Southern Kaduna lands not having Hausa fulani Sarkis & Emirs as their traditional heads? Till now is there no Sarkin Saminaka? Is Saminaka a Hausa land or Muslim land? When it is surrounded by dozens of Kurama towns & villages?
It seems like you forgot that a system of indirect rule with the Emirates & Sultanate was used all over Northern Nigeria from the colonial era.

Make your research about the election results within that axis. Has PDP ever come close to CPC/APC within those areas? (Whether you like it or not, the voting patterns of Muslims and Christians always differ. Malali is predominately dominated by Muslims but when you check Unguwan Gado and Mando, the only areas dominated by Christians in Kaduna north, you would see that PDP always wins by a wide margin.)

Noise making (as you hilariously stated) does not in anyway make some people to appear larger in number. Take a trip to Samaru because you have obviously never been there before and make a rough population sample in your head. Go to Kasuwan Samaru and make a random sample of the sellers and buyers there. You will laugh at your ignorance.

As for your claims about Sabon Gari and Wusasa, I can only laugh. Look for anyone genuinely living in Zaria and say that to him. By God, that person would laugh in your face. Sabon gari for that matter! grin somewhere

You know what's funny about those churches you displayed? Even if you check Malali and Unguwan Rimi, they are everywhere and yet you can't even compare them with the number of Muslims there. If all the Mosques and open fields where Muslims prayed in Zamaru were to be displayed on that map, you would probably not be able to see anything but dots on your screen.

Point of correction. Ungwan Gado & Mando are not the only Christian dominated areas in Kaduna city north. What about Kabala west & Kurmin Mashi?
Central Area, Sabongari & Hayin banki are also Christian majority or at most a 50-50.

Christians have a stronger voter apathy than Muslims, unlike Muslims that will carry the deaf, the lame, the old, the blind and children to go and vote. That is why any place that is even 60% Christian, Muslims will still dominate the politics of that place. Christians only dominate politically if they are up to 70% of a place and they are ruthless.
This is why places that are 50-50 or even 55% Muslim are always concluded to be muslim dominated.

Also, Muslims are businesses oriented and they always live by the roadsides (sending the false message that they are a majority).
That is why Kasuwan Samaru and streets around the market will have more Muslims. However u cannot use a market or the streets around the market to judge the population of an entire Place.
If you go to Kachia market for example, it will look like a 50-50, but does that mean that Kachia town is 50% muslims?

Yes, Christians tend to have more churches in a place compared to Muslims having mosques. However, it is usually like 4 churches to 1 mosque, especially in the north, unlike in the south where there are mushroom one-pastor churches everywhere.

Besides, Google maps do not capture small mushroom churches, only major churches with big landmark buildings.

So, it is impossible for you to look at Google maps and u see 10 churches in one place and only 1 mosque and u tell me that muslims are more in that place or it is a 50-50. Hell no!
But if you see 8 churches and 2 mosques in a place you can say it is 50-50

Look at the screenshot below from a neighborhood in Kaduna city north

Can u see 4 mosques to 1 church? Can such a place ever be Christian majority or 50-50? Hell no. It is overwhelmingly muslim with few Christians.

1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

Ha ha Igbo man, this is how you keep spreading lies , where did you get all you just stated, imagine Ebira people that christians are not even visible you stated that outside Okene then everywhere is christians. This is the reason why i dont always enagage you with facts ,that is why i always call you out as an impostor hiding under middlebelt, just come out fully with your igbo man identity then i will engage you better but as long as you hide to create mischief i will always call you out.
In Nigeria its obvious those crying of Marginalization everyday, between CAN AND NSCIA who do you see crying of Islamisation. Have you ever seen any muslim cried of Christianisation in this Country? That sums up your minority status in Nigeria. Minority will always cry and keep crying.

Oga are you mistaking Ebira Koto (Egbura) for Ebira tao?
Ebira Koto (Egbura) people are entirely Muslims. I have never seen an Egbura Christian in my life all through my years of being an administrator of the largest middlebelt forums online and meeting thousands of middlebelters from different areas.

However, that is not the case for Ebira tao (Kogi central)! At least 30-35% of Ebira tao are Christians. Natasha Akpoti who is terrorizing Gov Bello for dominance of Kogi central, is she not a Christian?

Look below at the INEC list for contestants of house of reps from Okehi, Ajaokuta & Adavi LGAs. Can u see the number of Christian names on the list? Even Okene that is overwhelmingly muslim, there are still Christians there like 20% and u can still see Christian names contesting politically.
This is in spite of the fact that muslims play politics and contest more than Christians!

So can u tell the world how manage Christians are contesting elections all over Ebira land if they are non-existent there? You Hausa fulanis don't know anything about the Middlebelt, you just make unnecessary noise.

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

When did michika become an ethnicity? Even if so,it is unarguable that the fulanis are the most numerous ethnicity in adamawa followed by the bachamas.why do you like conjuring or faking facts to suit your narrow views?
Do you also want to claim that Muslims are not the clear majority in niger? Are the gwandaras of nasarawa not mainly Muslim? Are the wase fulanis and the yorubas of kwara not mainly Muslims?

Michika is the generic name for Higgi (Kamwe) people who make up 98% of the indigenous population of Michika LGA.

Yes, fulanis are the largest ethnic group in Adamawa state, but they are 20% of the state!

Same way Beroms are the largest ethnic group in Plateau state and also make up 20% of the population!

Niger state is muslim majority of course, why will I argue this? However, muslim majority in Niger state is because of the Nupes & Borgu people (they are 80% muslims).

However Niger east (Gbagyis, Kamukus, Koros & Kadaras) are 65% christian while Niger north (Kambaris & Dukawa minus Borgu) are 50-50.

But Hausa fulani settlers in Niger east & Niger north gives muslims 10% additional population.

FYI, Gwandaras are 50-50. Gwandaras in Lafia & Nasarawa LGAs are predominantly muslims with significant Christian minority. Gwandaras in Kokona are almost entirely christian. Those in Karu & FCT are Muslim majority and those in Southern Kaduna are Christian majority grin

Also replace Bachama with BWATIYE as the 2nd largest ethnic group in Adamawa state.
Bwaitye is Bachama & Batta combined and Mbula to an extent. They speak same language.

Cos if u say only Bachama without Batta & Mbula, it will be impossible for them to outnumber Higgis, Kilbas & Chamba people.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
scholes0:

Oga Ebira christians are very visible.

I was under that same impression before that Ebira christians were a tiny minority, now I know better.

Ebira christians are at least 30%

Thank you for learning. Ebira Christians are 30-35%. People think Ebira is entirely muslim because of Okene town. Okene LGA is overwhelmingly muslim (like 80-90%). However, outside Okene, almost every other Ebira town or villages is 50-50 or predominantly Christian.

Go to Obehira, Ihima, Okengwe, Ajaokuta, Ogaminana e.t.c and see Christian outnumber muslims in some areas.

It is Ebira Koto (Egbura) people in Koton Karfe, Abaji (FCT) & Toto (Nasarawa) that are entirely muslims (over 90%).

As for Igalas, you and Senatordave1 claim that muslims are more in Igala land.

I will use 2 methods to disprove this for you people.
1) Let us use Google maps to check all the Igala towns and let us see the number of churches and mosques.
I know Christians tend to build more churches than muslims build mosques and that is why we are going to use the ratio of 4 churches: 1 mosque.

2) Even though Muslims play politics more than Christians, check below and see the INEC list of political contestants for house of assembly in Igala land. I can post the list for all Igala state constituencies let us see.
And mind u, many Kogi Christians answer names that can pass as Muslim names and Muslims also play politics more than christians, so we can use the ratio of 5 muslim names: 1 Christian name in order to get a better picture of the religious percentage of these places.

Cc DanArrewa

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Oga are you mistaking Ebira Koto (Egbura) for Ebira tao?
Ebira Koto (Egbura) people are entirely Muslims. I have never seen an Egbura Christian in my life all through my years of being an administrator of the largest middlebelt forums online and meeting thousands of middlebelters from different areas.

However, that is not the case for Ebira tao (Kogi central)! At least 30-35% of Ebira tao are Christians. Natasha Akpoti who is terrorizing Gov Bello for dominance of Kogi central, is she not a Christian?

Look below at the INEC list for contestants of house of reps from Okehi, Ajaokuta & Adavi LGAs. Can u see the number of Christian names on the list? Even Okene that is overwhelmingly muslim, there are still Christians there like 20% and u can still see Christian names contesting politically.
This is in spite of the fact that muslims play politics and contest more than Christians!

So can u tell the world how manage Christians are contesting elections all over Ebira land if they are non-existent there? You Hausa fulanis don't know anything about the Middlebelt, you just make unnecessary noise.
This is why i see you as fraudulent, you create statistic to suit you, you claim politics can not be used to measure religion strenght yet you are referencing us to election materials from kogi state. Those christians in the lists you presented are 2% that reflected the percentage of christians in Ebira land not 20% you fraudulently assumed.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Thank you for learning. Ebira Christians are 30-35%. People think Ebira is entirely muslim because of Okene town. Okene LGA is overwhelmingly muslim (like 80-90%). However, outside Okene, almost every other Ebira town or villages is 50-50 or predominantly Christian.

Go to Obehira, Ihima, Okengwe, Ajaokuta, Ogaminana e.t.c and see Christian outnumber muslims in some areas.

It is Ebira Koto (Egbura) people in Koton Karfe, Abaji (FCT) & Toto (Nasarawa) that are entirely muslims (over 90%).

1) Let us use Google maps to check all the Igala towns and let us see the number of churches and mosques.
I know Christians tend to build more churches than muslims build mosques and that is why we are going to use the ratio of 4 churches: 1 mosque.

2) Even though Muslims play politics more than Christians, check below and see the INEC list of political contestants for house of assembly in Igala land. I can post the list for all Igala state constituencies let us see.
And mind u, many Kogi Christians answer names that can pass as Muslim names and Muslims also play politics more than christians, so we can use the ratio of 5 muslim names: 1 Christian name in order to get a better picture of the religious percentage of these places.

Cc Arrewa
Stop dragging us backwards to conflicting grounds.i have told you that religious houses or google maps is not a good parameter for measuring religious percentage.you even contradict yourself by wanting to use numbe of churches to measure but fail to use preponderance of names and politicians also.you have to be consistent no matter the and result
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Cc Arrewa
Stop dragging us backwards to conflicting grounds.i have told you that religious houses or google maps is not a good parameter for measuring religious percentage.you even contradict yourself by wanting to use numbe of churches to measure but fail to use preponderance of names and politicians also.you have to be consistent no matter the end result
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Cc DanArrewa
Look at this criminal using google map and using ration 4 : 1 ha ha. Way dont you present all the candidate lists in all Igalaland, why did you select some areas and leave others?

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Michika is the generic name for Higgi (Kamwe) people who make up 98% of the indigenous population of Michika LGA.

Yes, fulanis are the largest ethnic group in Adamawa state, but they are 20% of the state!

Same way Beroms are the largest ethnic group in Plateau state and also make up 20% of the population!

Niger state is muslim majority of course, why will I argue this? However, muslim majority in Niger state is because of the Nupes & Borgu people (they are 80% muslims).

However Niger east (Gbagyis, Kamukus, Koros & Kadaras) are 65% christian while Niger north (Kambaris & Dukawa minus Borgu) are 50-50.

But Hausa fulani settlers in Niger east & Niger north gives muslims 10% additional population.

FYI, Gwandaras are 50-50. Gwandaras in Lafia & Nasarawa LGAs are predominantly muslims with significant Christian minority. Gwandaras in Kokona are almost entirely christian. Those in Karu & FCT are Muslim majority and those in Southern Kaduna are Christian majority grin

Also replace Bachama with BWATIYE as the 2nd largest ethnic group in Adamawa state.
Bwaitye is Bachama & Batta combined and Mbula to an extent. They speak same language.

Cos if u say only Bachama without Batta & Mbula, it will be impossible for them to outnumber Higgis, Kilbas & Chamba people.
The percentage of the largest tribe in a state should not matter.because you they are not up to 50%,you now want to lump up different christian dominated tribes to displace them? Someone said you use fraudulent parameters and you are not proving him wrong.be consistent.

You claim Muslims are 80% in niger but now trying to whittle down their population by extricating borgu and even claiming niger east is christian majority.
Hausas cannot be 10% of niger if they are so dominant in niger politics
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Cc DanArrewa
There's nothing like the bolded afterall they are more Christian governors and nass members than Muslims.you cannot postulate or insinuats without statistical evidence.say what you can back up
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

[b]This is why i see you as fraudulent, you create statistic to suit you, [/b]you claim politics can not be used to measure religion strenght yet you are referencing us to election materials from kogi state. Those christians in the lists you presented are 2% that reflected the percentage of christians in Ebira land not 20% you fraudulently assumed.

Nowenuse,this is rubbishing your beautiful posts.you need to be consistent.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eagleu: 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
I see the knives of inconsistency out for Nowensue!!!
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

Look at this criminal using google map and using ration 4 : 1 ha ha. Way dont you present all the candidate lists in all Igalaland, why did you select some areas and leave others?
I'm Igala and have given a statistic on this very thread.
The main reason Muslims have population is marrying more than 1 wife and early marriage. Despite that they are still head to head with the Christians.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

There's nothing like the bolded afterall they are more Christian governors and nass members than Muslims.you cannot postulate or insinuats without statistical evidence.say what you can back up
The Igalas of which I am don't vote along religion line.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

I'm Igala and have given a statistic on this very thread.
The main reason Muslims have population is marrying more than 1 wife and early marriage. Despite that they are still head to head with the Christians.

You are Igala !! go and tell that to your Igala Muslims brothers if they won't silence you. You have given reason why Muslims have more population because they marry more wives and early marriage Does it matter if they marry more wives or not . What matters is who is wether you marry more wives or not is not the issue, if you like go and marry more.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

This is why i see you as fraudulent, you create statistic to suit you, you claim politics can not be used to measure religion strenght yet you are referencing us to election materials from kogi state. Those christians in the lists you presented are 2% that reflected the percentage of christians in Ebira land not 20% you fraudulently assumed.

You are obviously blind!

Out of the 57 candidates in the Ebira list I posted 20 of them had at least one English/Christian name and like I said not all Kogi Christians have Christian names, some of them answer tribal and Muslim names too just as we are seeing people's names like KABIR GLORIA, USMAN JOSEPH on this list!

Go and wear your reading glasses and scan those names again.

Yes, I said politics cannot be used to judge for religious percentage of a place especially in the north. Igalas and to an extent Ebiras do not play politics based on religion just like the Yorubas who are their neighbors.
Igalas & Ebiras share more in common with Yorubas than they do with Hausa fulani muslims.

However, politics can still help to give the clue of what a place looks like same way Google maps showing religious houses can also give a clue. Only difference is that the number of religious houses favour Christians more while politics favours muslims more. Simple! And that is why I brought about the ratio system.

4 churches : 1 mosque. & 6 muslim contestants: 3 Christian contestants.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Stop dragging us backwards to conflicting grounds.i have told you that religious houses or google maps is not a good parameter for measuring religious percentage.you even contradict yourself by wanting to use numbe of churches to measure but fail to use preponderance of names and politicians also.you have to be consistent no matter the and result

Since Nigeria does not have religious census, we have to manage the only clues that we have and as far as am concerned, the number of religious houses in Google maps and list of politcal contenders of a place are a very very good clue.

Why are there more mosques than churches in Sokoto and more churches than mosques in Port Harcourt?

Why are the more muslim political contenders in Katsina and more Christian political contenders in Anambra?
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

The percentage of the largest tribe in a state should not matter.because you they are not up to 50%,you now want to lump up different christian dominated tribes to displace them? Someone said you use fraudulent parameters and you are not proving him wrong.be consistent.
Of course! If all Adamawa tribes (since they are predominantly Christian) unite based on religion against the Fulanis, then they are the clear majority and they can do whatever they like to the Fulanis!

This was the same way all other Plateau tribes united against the Beroms in 2015 elections to vote APC and the Beroms lost woefully.
It's simple logic.

You claim Muslims are 80% in niger but now trying to whittle down their population by extricating borgu and even claiming niger east is christian majority.
Hausas cannot be 10% of niger if they are so dominant in niger politics

Muslims are not up to 80% in Niger state. It is more like 65-70%.

Itsekiris are not up to 10% of Delta state's population, yet they are very influential in the state's politics and have produced a governor for 8 years. There are certain criteria that promote certain things.

Yes! Niger east either has slightly more Christians than muslims or at most a 50-50.

David Umaru would have never won elections as a senator of Niger east if the zone was Muslim majority. Have u ever seen anywhere that was muslim majority and they voted for a Christian leader?

I was separating Borgu & Nupe from others in Niger state cos they are not the same people, they are very different people.
It is the same way Southern Kaduna people & Zaria people can be very well and will always be separate people even if they share the same state!
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

Stop talking like an ignoramus. I was only giving an example with the LGAs I posted from Igala land!

If u want the entire Igala land I can post them and we do the calculations. Are you in?

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

You are Igala !! go and tell that to your Igala Muslims brothers if they won't silence you. You have given reason why Muslims have more population because they marry more wives and early marriage Does it matter if they marry more wives or not . What matters is who is wether you marry more wives or not is not the issue, if you like go and marry more.

Stop being a stark ignoramus.
The fact that muslims in Plateau marry more wives, does that still make them a majority in Plateau state?

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Naajjii:

The argument of who has more population has never occurred before. It's you who live some thousand miles away that's saying what you don't know.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Stop talking like an ignoramus. I was only giving an example with the LGAs I posted from Igala land!

If u want the entire Igala land I can post them and we do the calculations. Are you in?
Bros, you see those names you posted, any name that is mixed of both Islamic and Christian be rest assure that sure a person is Christan. Any one that is both tribal name, such a person is Christan. The ones with both Arabic names are Muslims, even in such case you still find Christians among them.

During my primary and secondary days, in my class and other classes you find names like, Goodness Salifu, Ajifa Silva Alhassan, Kinsley Alhassan, Jonathan Muhammed, Inikpi John, Onuche Ademu Joseph, Moses Musa (funny cheesy), Francis Musa and some many I have forgotten. Guess what, they are all Christians.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by OneDollarSalary(m): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

You are obviously blind!

Out of the 57 candidates in the Ebira list I posted 20 of them had at least one English/Christian name and like I said not all Kogi Christians have Christian names, some of them answer tribal and Muslim names too just as we are seeing people's names like KABIR GLORIA, USMAN JOSEPH on this list!

Go and wear your reading glasses and scan those names again.

Yes, I said politics cannot be used to judge for religious percentage of a place especially in the north. Igalas and to an extent Ebiras do not play politics based on religion just like the Yorubas who are their neighbors.
Igalas & Ebiras share more in common with Yorubas than they do with Hausa fulani muslims.

However, politics can still help to give the clue of what a place looks like same way Google maps showing religious houses can also give a clue. Only difference is that the number of religious houses favour Christians more while politics favours muslims more. Simple! And that is why I brought about the ratio system.

4 churches : 1 mosque. & 6 muslim contestants: 3 Christian contestants.
Just seeing this after my post above.
Bravo!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

The argument of who has more population has never occurred before. It's you who live some thousand miles away that's saying what you don't know.
The argument never occurred before but it's occurring now.So go and argue with your Igala Muslim brothers if they won't roast you. You are probably one of those Igbo south Igaland that try to claim Igala meanwhile most Igalas see them as inferior.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nowenuse:

Pls post them but another thing how credible is the list , is it edited or not because I don't trust you and am not still convinced you are not an Igbo man. I can only analyse the list if it is proven that you are not a Nyamiri.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

The Igalas of which I am don't vote along religion line.
Why can't Igala Christian become Governor in Kogi?Its always Igala muslim governor. Muslim take Governor and sometimes give you senator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2023: Corps Member Denies Donating Allowance For Purchase Of Tinubu’s Form / Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe / FG Reopens Maiduguri Airport For Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.