Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) (20771 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Is 35 Today(photos) / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:21am On Mar 30, 2020
APCNig:
This poster has Corona Virus, psychiatric disorders, mental imbalance and hallucinations. My mother is from Kwars, I go to Ilorin, Omu-Aran, Offa, Erin-Ire, Irepodun and Ifelodun at least once in a quarter. The poster should be in Isolation Centre because Corona has affected his brain. You won't even see a Church or a Christian in inner Ilorin as you have Churches in building after building in Lagos, that's how you have Mosques in house after house in Ilorin.

Remove Ilorin now and put Ifelodun, Omu Aran, Offa, Erin Ile and the entire Kwara south together first, can you open your mouth and say muslims are the majority in Kwara south?

Kwara south has 7 LGA among the 16 in Kwara state. Hence the indigenes of Kwara south make up like 40% of the state's population and they are Christian Majority.

Have you been to the 2 Ekiti speaking LGAs (Ekiti & Oke-oro LGAs)? These places are entirely Christian. You hardly find a mosque in their towns.

Igbolo, Igbomina & Ekiti people are the 3 Yoruba subethnic groups that make up Kwara south. Can you put them together and tell us that Muslims are more here?

Ekiti people are entirely Christian, while Igbomina & Ibolo are something around a 50-50 with muslims having the slight advantage in Ibolo and Christians in Igbomina. Igbomina also spreads into Kwara central in Asa LGA. So, don't mention Kwara south in your lies abeg.

As for Ilorin, everyone knows Ilorin indigenes are overwhelmingly muslim and yes you are correct that Ilorin inner city or old Ilorin where the indigenes dominate is overwhelmingly muslim, but is old Ilorin the only place that makes up present day Ilorin city? Ilorin city has grown beyond that slum city center.

Look below at the 1st pic from Google maps and see that whitish dense part to the North-Western part of the city, that is where Old Ilorin is, a congested slum where the indigenes dominate. It is only like 25% of the city's Landmass.
Apart from that area, every other part of Ilorin is either Christian dominated or is 50-50.

See the 2nd, 3rd & 4th pictures from the Eastern part of Ilorin. Can you see the number of churches in different neighbourhoods? Go and sleep pls.
Ilorin of today is not Ilorin of 30 years ago. The influx of christians from Kwara south, Kogi West & SW has neutralized the strong muslim component of the city! If at all muslims should be more in Ilorin, it is a 60-40. Otherwise it is now a 50-50 thing.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2020
Takara:
Op your post is full of sentiments. Leave sentiment oets use facts

1. Sixteen out ofNinenetee Northern States have Muslim Governors this seems to I play that sixteen out of the Nineteen States are muslim majority states

2. Only three states ( Plateau, Benue, and Taraba )appears to have a Christian majority.

3.. most of the other states are so predominantly muslim that both Governors and Deputy Governors are muslims with the exception of two or three that have christian Deputy Governors (GOMBE and Kogi states)

3. Kaduna is clearly Muslim majority, of the three Senatorial Districts o ly one is christian majority with a significant muslim minority including the present deputy Governor.. The Christian's in Kaduna state are numerically comparable to the muslims in Edo State. Oth Re majority in one out of three Senatorial Districts .just that the Christian's in kaduna state are more vocal

4. Kogi is also Muslim majority the two largest ethnic groups igala and ebira are predominantly muslim.

5. Indigenous Northern Christians are probably laround 20% of the population ( I mean with three majority states out of sixteen)
You seemed to be an outsider to the politics of the north even though you're one of them.
That you have 16 Muslims as govnor don't translate to the real population dichotomy of religion in the north.
Christians are known to care far less who governs them provided the fellow can perform. If we Christians are to dubiously force our way as the HausaFulanis are doing over the ages, it would be difficult for Kaduna, Nasarawa, Kogi, Adamawa, Gombe to have a Muslim governor in all its constituencies. Muslims are minority in the states above in reality.
As for Edo state, you don't know anything cos you're not an Edo indigene let alone know the religious diff in South. The population of Muslims in Edo North is less than 20% while 1% or less in the other 2 Senatorial districts. So how do you produce a Deputy gov let alone Gov in any part of the SS??

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nowenuse:

However I think Southern minorities are just too scared. What stops them from making negotiations with Igbos to arrange for a country of loosed Confederacy (something like the UK) where everyone controls his own republic within the country and has every right to pull out whenever they like?

DO THEY PREFER the status quo in Nigeria where their oil wealth is being MONOPOLIZED by Hausa fulanis & Yorubas to an extent?

Yes, THEY PREFER the status quo, awaiting the manifestation of Gowon, Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida post-war PIPE DREAM, that by WITHHOLDING Federal Presence & Infrastructure in Igboland, other tribes will overtake & overcome the Igbos COMPETITIVELY.
Instead Igbos have waxed STRONGER in more ways, & in fact, with nearly 100 Fulanis settlements in Yorubaland, the Igbos are the only reason Buhari's RUGA, CATTLE COLONY, Fulanisation and Islamisation as observed by Obasanjo, is impossible to implement. So let the status quo continue, as northern minorities are chased out, & displaced out of their ancestral native lands, & the resources of the South South is used for industrializing the Southwest, & Infrastructures of Abuja, Kano, & the VICTORIOUS WARRIORS of Northern Nigeria, especially Chibok.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Efewestern: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nowenuse:

What Efewestern is saying is very clear and understandable. Igbos & SS minorities put together in one country will be like 65% Igbo.

But if SS minorities are one country, no single ethnic group will be up to 35% of the country, not even if all Ijaw clans combine or all the Ibibio-Efik-Anang people combine. It will be a sort of balance.

But to be sincere, 2 major ethnic groups may end up forming a sort of coalition in order to dominate the rest. Just like what exists in Kenya today.
Just that it will not be as bad a 1 ethnic group dominating the country.

However I think Southern minorities are just too scared. What stops them from making negotiations with Igbos to arrange for a country of loosed Confederacy (something like the UK) where everyone controls his own republic within the country and has every right to pull out whenever they like? Do they prefer the status quo in Nigeria where their oil wealth is being monopolized by Hausa fulanis & Yorubas to an extent?
Southern minorities have an extreme case of 'Minority paranoia syndrome'.

Such fear is very much justifiable, judging from the fact that these same minorities in the past, had shared same region with either of these major ethnic groups, their experience... HMmMMMM.

Everyone should run their race jor.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Takara:

[/color]

Sixteen out of Nineteen Northern States have Muslim Governors this seems to I play that sixteen out of the Nineteen States are muslim majority states

Sir, that Borno south is FULLY represented by moslems doesn't mean that moslems form the majority of that population. If you live in Nigeria you will understand why Book Haram has fighting a FUTILE war to islamise that region.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
Many thanks, @Op, for the Google stuff that bring this thread up to date.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
helinues:
That must be from Ipob Bureau of Statistics ( IBS)
You are a very malicious humanoid...not surprised it is a trait commonly shared by your tribesmen...you bloody oaf had to rope in ipob into this somehow.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

You seemed to be an outsider to the politics of the north even though you're one of them.
That you have 16 Muslims as govnor don't translate to the real population dichotomy of religion in the north.
Christians are known to care far less who governs them provided the fellow can perform. If we Christians are to dubiously force our way as the HausaFulanis are doing over the ages, it would be difficult for Kaduna, Nasarawa, Kogi, Adamawa, Gombe to have a Muslim governor in all its constituencies. Muslims are minority in the states above in reality.
As for Edo state, you don't know anything cos you're not an Edo indigene let alone know the religious diff in South. The population of Muslims in Edo North is less than 20% while 1% or less in the other 2 Senatorial districts. So how do you produce a Deputy gov let alone Gov in any part of the SS??

Bro, Muslims are not even up to 10% in Edo state right now. They are like 8%. I know Edo state like the back of my palm. Although in the past (30 yrs ago), muslims were up to 15% in Edo state.

The only LGA in Edo state which can still be majority muslims is Etsako west (where you have Auchi, South Ibie, Aviele-Agbede & Jattu), but even in Etsako west right now, Christians are very many. In the past Etsako west used to be 100% Muslim. My brother's wife is from South Ibie, she and all her siblings were born as muslims, but today all of them are now Christians (over 20 children), her mother is now a Christian too.
Oshiomole is from Jattu, his parents were muslims, but he is now a christian and Jattu which is the biggest clan in Etsako west is now Christian majority.
Apostle Johnson Suleiman is also from Etsako west, with a Muslim father, he is now a Christian.

The influence of Christianity in the south was too strong for Etsako people. Etsako people are now Christian majority (like 75%). In the past, they were something like 65% muslim.

Etsako east is now almost entirely Christian (90% Christian), but it used to be like 40% Muslim in the past. Etsako central is now something like 30% Muslim, but it used to be like 70% muslim.

Owan & Akoko-Edo used to be like 20% muslims in the past, but today they are only like 5% Muslim or less.

Muslims are now a minority in Etsako land and Etsako land is 50% of Edo north and Edo north is ⅓ of Edo state. Do the mathematics for yourself and tell me if muslims can be up to 10% in Edo state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Subduer:

Sir, that Borno south is FULLY represented by moslems doesn't mean that moslems form the majority of that population. If you live in Nigeria you will understand why Book Haram has fighting a FUTILE war to islamise that region.

Thank you very much. You see, muslims take politics more seriously. To them, it is a do or die affair and that is why, any place that muslims are up to 40%, they end up dominating that place politically.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

Muslims are a clear minority in Adamawa, Nasarawa & Kogi.
Kaduna to me seems more like a 50-50, while Gombe is like 60% Muslim.
Christians cannot be more than muslims in Gombe.
There is no way a state will be 50-50 or predominantly Christian and it's state capital will be overwhelmingly muslim.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by hammer0: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nowenuse:

Bro, Muslims are not even up to 10% in Edo state right now. They are like 8%. I know Edo state like the back of my palm. Although in the past (30 yrs ago), muslims were up to 15% in Edo state.

The only LGA in Edo state which can still be majority muslims is Etsako west (where you have Auchi, South Ibie, Aviele-Agbede & Jattu), but even in Etsako west right now, Christians are very many. In the past Etsako west used to be 100% Muslim. My brother's wife is from South Ibie, she and all her siblings were born as muslims, but today all of them are now Christians (over 20 children), her mother is now a Christian too.
Oshiomole is from Jattu, his parents were muslims, but he is now a christian and Jattu which is the biggest clan in Etsako west is now Christian majority.
Apostle Johnson Suleiman is also from Etsako west, with a Muslim father, he is now a Christian.

The influence of Christianity in the south was too strong for Etsako people. Etsako people are now Christian majority (like 75%). In the past, they were something like 65% muslim.

Etsako east is now almost entirely Christian (90% Christian), but it used to be like 40% Muslim in the past. Etsako central is now something like 30% Muslim, but it used to be like 70% muslim.

Owan & Akoko-Edo used to be like 20% muslims in the past, but today they are only like 5% Muslim or less.

Muslims are now a minority in Etsako land and Etsako land is 50% of Edo north and Edo north is ⅓ of Edo state. Do the mathematics for yourself and tell me if muslims can be up to 10% in Edo state.

Great analysis and very interesting to read.

I agree with everything that you said.

Obviously their are certain parts that i can make additional contributions, but generally, your submission was well balanced arguement.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by hammer0: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
[s]
Efewestern:

Such fear is very much justifiable, judging from the fact that these same minorities in the past, had shared same region with either of these major ethnic groups, their experience... HMmMMMM.

[/s]

Before Lugard came to create Nigeria, Urhobo were living in the Sky.

U did not interact with Anioma Igbos.

U need to calm down, at the end, u will see reason.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nowenuse:

Your submission is very correct. I'm Akoko Edo but lived entirely in core North and FCT axis.....!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 12:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Nowenuse:

Muslims are a clear minority in Adamawa, Nasarawa & Kogi.
Kaduna to me seems more like a 50-50, while Gombe is like 60% Muslim.
Christians cannot be more than muslims in Gombe.
There is no way a state will be 50-50 or predominantly Christian and it's state capital will be overwhelmingly muslim.
Oga kaduna is 55% Muslims.even southern kaduna people sokapu accept this fact.kogi is 55%.Muslims.gombe is over 70% Muslims...

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 12:10am On Mar 31, 2020
The op is a religious supremacist

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by thinksense: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2020
bear parlor analysis
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2020
senatordave1:

Oga kaduna is 55% Muslims.even southern kaduna people sokapu accept this fact.kogi is 55%.Muslims.gombe is over 70% Muslims...

My problem with you is that you do not even know the demography of the places you are giving religious percentages.
I have interacted with thousands of people from all over almost every LGA of the north. I have also travelled to these places. I have met with their leaders. I belong to their social media groups (of over a hundred tribes). I know these places far more than you do, so, when I give u statistics, try to take them cos I can give u LG to LG and tribe to tribe analysis of these places.

Kaduna state would have been like 55 or even 60% muslims if there was no significant number of Christians in Northern Kaduna.

I myself used to accept 55% muslims in Kaduna, not until I came across Hausa Christians from Northern Kaduna and they explained their area for me. Do you know the population of Hausa Christians in Ikara LGA? They are up to 35% of that LGA! They are in the interior rural areas and most of them wear kaftan & hijab like muslims and speak strong Hausa cos they are native Hausa speakers.
You can hardly differentiate them from Muslims. Hausa indigene Christians are all over Soba, Giwa, Makarfi, Kudan, Igabi and Zaria LGAs. Hausa land in Northern Kaduna is at least 20% indigenous Christians, but Hausa Christians are a very very timid people and that is why they seem very invisible and people wrongly think that Northern Kaduna is entirely muslim.

There are more indigenous Christians in Northern Kaduna than there are indigenous Muslims in Southern Kaduna. Most muslims in SK are Hausa fulani settlers.

Also, Birnin Gwari, Kubau & Igabi are considered pure Hausa LGAs, but ⅓ of these 3 LGAs belong to Gbagyis, Kamuku & Kurama christians.

The thing is that Christians tend to be very quiet, timid and respectful in a place that they are a minority, but muslims will still make noise and cause trouble in a place that they are a minority (making it look like they are significant in that place).

Do you know the population of Hausa Christians in Kano & Katsina? They are up to 20% of the indigenous population of both states, but you never hear anything from them.

Only a very big joker will say Gombe is up to 70% muslim. Are u aware that Gombe south is 90% Christian? Then 2 of the 3 LGAs in Gombe central (Akko & Yamaltu) are up to 35% Christian?

senatordave1:
The op is a religious supremacist

grin I am proud of it! After all, I wasn't the one who started it in Nigeria, was I?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2020
Nowenuse:

My problem with you is that you do not even know the demography of the places you are giving religious percentages.
I have interacted with thousands of people from all over almost every LGA of the north. I have also travelled to these places. I have met with their leaders. I belong to their social media groups (of over a hundred tribes). I know these places far more than you do, so, when I give u statistics, try to take them cos I can give u LG to LG and tribe to tribe analysis of these places.

Kaduna state would have been like 55 or even 60% muslims if there was no significant number of Christians in Northern Kaduna.

I myself used to accept 55% muslims in Kaduna, not until I came across Hausa Christians from Northern Kaduna and they explained their area for me. Do you know the population of Hausa Christians in Ikara LGA? They are up to 35% of that LGA! They are in the interior rural areas and most of them wear kaftan & hijab like muslims and speak strong Hausa cos they are native Hausa speakers.
You can hardly differentiate them from Muslims. Hausa indigene Christians are all over Soba, Giwa, Makarfi, Kudan, Igabi and Zaria LGAs. Hausa land in Northern Kaduna is at least 20% indigenous Christians, but Hausa Christians are a very very timid people and that is why they seem very invisible and people wrongly think that Northern Kaduna is entirely muslim.

There are more indigenous Christians in Northern Kaduna than there are indigenous Muslims in Southern Kaduna. Most muslims in SK are Hausa fulani settlers.

Also, Birnin Gwari, Kubau & Igabi are considered pure Hausa LGAs, but ⅓ of these 3 LGAs belong to Gbagyis, Kamuku & Kurama christians.

The thing is that Christians tend to be very quiet, timid and respectful in a place that they are a minority, but muslims will still make noise and cause trouble in a place that they are a minority (making it look like they are significant in that place).

Do you know the population of Hausa Christians in Kano & Katsina? They are up to 20% of the indigenous population of both states, but you never hear anything from them.

Only a very big joker will say Gombe is up to 70% muslim. Are u aware that Gombe south is 90% Christian? Then 2 of the 3 LGAs in Gombe central (Akko & Yamaltu) are up to 35% Christian?

grin I am proud of it! After all, I wasn't the one who started it in Nigeria, was I?
there are more Muslims in southern kaduna than in northern kaduna
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
senatordave1:

there are more Muslims in southern kaduna than in northern kaduna

Think you just like troubling the OP as a 'troublem' guy..!
Spent all primary secondary and ABU schools days in Kaduna. Where do you have Muslims in SK...? Where..?
Kachia..?.....Muslims are all HausaFulanis settlers dropped there by Ahmadu Bello era of the 1940s/early 1950s. Fact.
As a little boy then, I knew all the first generation settlers of HausaFulanis extraction...mainly in 'cikin gari' (main town)
Today, they formed the only Muslims population with a voice but still minority in Kachia LGA. Zango kataf...? It's already a flogged issue of how settling Fulani got a favour from Katab to have a cattle market in the 1960s.... Kafanchan...? That they have an Emir forced on them doesn't translate to the real people of the land. Total stranger sitting on a throne by force. Kasuwan Magani is a 'Kadara' land as Kachia
Outside these places everywhere in SK only have few families and HausaFulanis settlers who practice Islam here and there...! In all HausaFulanis and Muslims are less than 15% of total population of SK for real...!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by nku5: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nowenuse:

It's not just about selling your lands.
It's more or less about abandoning your culture and ancestral religion.

Some of our tribes carry Christianity for head like gala and abandoned all the spiritual charms for protection, initiation, war e.t.c, you will not believe that it is almost impossible to find a shrine or traditionalist in Berom land.
But you see tribes like Taroks, Eggons, Jukuns? If they are in the church and their masquerades are passing by, the church will become empty all of a sudden. Their own Christianity is on their legs and they easily shake it off any time they want grin

Especially Eggon grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

Think you just like troubling the OP as a 'troublem' guy..!
Spent all primary secondary and ABU schools days in Kaduna. Where do you have Muslims in SK...? Where..?
Kachia..?.....Muslims are all HausaFulanis settlers dropped there by Ahmadu Bello era of the 1940s/early 1950s. Fact.
As a little boy then, I knew all the first generation settlers of HausaFulanis extraction...mainly in 'cikin gari' (main town)
Today, they formed the only Muslims population with a voice but still minority in Kachia LGA. Zango kataf...? It's already a flogged issue of how settling Fulani got a favour from Katab to have a cattle market in the 1960s.... Kafanchan...? That they have an Emir forced on them doesn't translate to the real people of the land. Total stranger sitting on a throne by force. Kasuwan Magani is a 'Kadara' land as Kachia
Outside these places everywhere in SK only have few families and HausaFulanis settlers who practice Islam here and there...! In all HausaFulanis and Muslims are less than 15% of total population of SK for real...!
As far as there are indigenes of kaduna,we will still include them.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nowenuse:

Prove it brother, prove it !

Many people foolishly judge based on politics. Politics that is highly dependent on many things.

Igala muslims had better political power over Igala Christians cos it started from old Benue state when a Tiv who is automatically a christian becomes the governor and for the sake of inclusiveness, an Igala muslim is given the deputy governor.
Igala muslims were never more than the Christians in numbers, it was done just for the sake of inclusiveness. This was exactly the same thing that happened with Nasarawa people in old Plateau state.
Hence, when Nasarawa & Kogi states were created, the muslims already had much political clout over the Christians because of the nature of politics in old Benue & old Plateau state.

The Muslim domination of Kogi & Nasarawa was caused by Benue & Plateau people. Just that we never knew things would turn out like this.
We politically empowered Igala muslims & Nasarawa Muslims in the old states for the sake of inclusiveness, not because they were the majority in those places.
In the 1999 PDP primaries of Nasarawa state, did Solomon Lar not support Abdullahi Adamu (who was his deputy governor in old Plateau state) over Solomon Ewuga?

In the case of Kaduna state, Christians only started having any political say when Katsina state left Kaduna state.
When Katsina was still part of Kaduna state, the state was like 75% Muslim and Katsina people with their numbers controlled the state and always gave Zaria people the deputy positions, leaving Southern Kaduna people to eat the crumbs from the masters table.
When Katsina was leaving, they handed over power to Zaria! The state was rearranged and structured to give Zaria people continued political advantage!
In spite of all this, a Christian emerged as the 1st elected chairman of Kaduna LGA. Can u tell me why it was possible?
Can you tell me why Sabo (the biggest Christian suburb of Kaduna) was taken away from old Kaduna LGA into Chikun LGA? Why was Saminaka taken to Kaduna north? Were they ever together with Zaria people in one senatorial district in the old Kaduna state?

People who know Kaduna state are explaining it for you and you are believing lies.

Imagine you saying Kogi state has more muslims, is it because you pass through Ebira land (Kogi central) on your way to Abuja? Then you conclude that muslims are more?
You are a liar, keep decieving yourself with self imagination. What is true is what we have on ground which is christians are minorities in the north and that reflected in the number of states christians are governing(3) against 16 for muslims. Religion plays key role on who emerges as a governor in all the northern states. Taraba, Benue and Plateau are the 3 states dominated by christians in the north hence the 3 governors they got. Nassarawa state is another state that a christian can become governor if they put their act together the remaining 15 states in the north will always have muslim Governors. Its not possible for a muslim to become governor of plateau or Benue state or even Taraba no matter how political savy smart they are due to the fact that they are minorities much the same way christians can not be a governor in the other 15 states in the north because they are minorities.
I dont like doing this religion thing but i have to counter you because i realised that you are a religion and tribal Instigator.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
Naajjii:

You are a liar, keep decieving yourself with self imagination. What is true is what we have on ground which is christians are minorities in the north and that reflected in the number of states christians are governing(3) against 16 for muslims. Religion plays key role on who emerges as a governor in all the northern states. Taraba, Benue and Plateau are the 3 states dominated by christians in the north hence the 3 governors they got. Nassarawa state is another state that a christian can become governor if they put their act together the remaining 15 states in the north will always have muslim Governors. Its not possible for a muslim to become governor of plateau or Benue state or even Taraba no matter how political savy smart they are due to the fact that they are minorities much the same way christians can not be a governor in the other 15 states in the north because they are minorities.
I dont like doing this religion thing but i have to counter you because i realised that you are a religion and tribal Instigator.

Northern Christians have not been playing politics based on religion. It is northern muslims that have always been playing politics based on religion and that is why it is impossible to find a place that is muslim majority in the north and they elect a Christian as their political leader.
However, times without number, Muslims are elected in places that are overwhelmingly Christian.

E.g Ibrahim Nasiru Mantu (former deputy Senate president)was elected senator for 8 years in Plateau central senatorial district.

Are you aware that Plateau central is 80% Christian?

The first senator of Taraba south (in 1999) was also a muslim, is Taraba south a muslim majority zone?

The former senator of Adamawa south was was a muslim. Is Adamawa south Muslim majority?

In the just concluded elections in Gombe south. The Christian APC candidate won the muslim PDP candidate with a very tiny margin.
The last 2 house of reps representing Gombe south were muslims.

Now tell me, is Gombe south a muslim majority zone?

Christians have always been voting for muslims even in Places were muslims are a small minority, but muslims will never vote for Christians unless they are a minority in such places.

So, I repeat, only a big foool will judge Northern Nigeria's population based on the religions of their political leaders. That would only have been possible if the Christians had been playing religious politics from the beginning. However facts have shown that this is not the case.

11 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nowenuse:

Northern Christians have not been playing politics based on religion. It is northern muslims that have always been playing politics based on religion and that is why it is impossible to find a place that is muslim majority in the north and they elect a Christian as their political leader.
However, times without number, Muslims are elected in places that are overwhelmingly Christian.

E.g Ibrahim Nasiru Mantu (former deputy Senate president)was elected senator for 8 years in Plateau central senatorial district.

Are you aware that Plateau central is 80% Christian?

The first senator of Taraba south (in 1999) was also a muslim, is Taraba south a muslim majority zone?

The former senator of Adamawa south was was a muslim. Is Adamawa south Muslim majority?

In the just concluded elections in Gombe south. The Christian APC candidate won the muslim PDP candidate with a very tiny margin.
The last 2 house of reps representing Gombe south were muslims.

Now tell me, is Gombe south a muslim majority zone?

Christians have always been voting for muslims even in Places were muslims are a small minority, but muslims will never vote for Christians unless they are a minority in such places.

So, I repeat, only a big foool will judge Northern Nigeria's population based on the religions of their political leaders. That would only have been possible if the Christians had been playing religious politics from the beginning. However facts have shown that this is not the case.
I think the population of Muslims in taraba is over 40%.which lga is mantu from? Research o. hon haruna maitala repping jos federal constituency,whether he's hausa,anaguta or berom
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 6:07am On Apr 02, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

If we Christians are to dubiously force our way as the FULANIS are doing over the years, it would be difficult for Kaduna, Nasarawa, Kogi, Adamawa, Gombe to have a Muslim governor in all its constituencies.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 6:33am On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

A Christian emerged as the 1st elected chairman of Kaduna LGA. Can u tell me why it was possible? Can you tell me why Sabo (the biggest Christian suburb of Kaduna) was taken away from old Kaduna LGA into Chikun LGA?

Why was Saminaka taken to Kaduna north? Were they ever together with Zaria people in one senatorial district in the old Kaduna state?

Please kindly post a map of Kaduna State showing the Local Govt Areas, & Senatorial Zones
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 6:47am On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:
MUSLIMS are a CLEAR MINORITY in Adamawa, Nasarawa & Kogi.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 7:12am On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

I came across Hausa Christians from Northern Kaduna and they explained their area for me. Do you know the population of Hausa Christians in Ikara LGA? They are up to 35% of that LGA! They are in the interior rural areas and most of them wear kaftan & hijab like muslims and speak strong Hausa cos they are native Hausa speakers.

Hausa indigene Christians are all over Soba, Giwa, Makarfi, Kudan, Igabi and Zaria LGAs. Hausa land in Northern Kaduna is at least 20% indigenous Christians

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
Subduer:

Please kindly post a map of Kaduna State showing the Local Govt Areas, & Senatorial Zones

This is the map of Kaduna below. Can u see Chikun, Kajuru, Kauru & Lere LGAs at the same horizontal level? But Chikun & Kajuru are in Kaduna central, Kauru is in Kaduna south while Lere is in Kaduna north.
How can Lere & Kauru who are side by side in the same horizontal level, yet one is in Kaduna north and the other is in Kaduna south?

Then can you see Giwa & Birnin Gwari LGAs that share boundary with Katsina & Zamfara states? They are both in Kaduna central. If this is not a fraud to weaken the Christians in Kaduna state, tell me what it is!

9 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eagleu: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

This is the map of Kaduna below. Can u see Chikun, Kajuru, Kauru & Lere LGAs at the same horizontal level? But Chikun & Kajuru are in Kaduna central, Kauru is in Kaduna south while Lere is in Kaduna north.
How can Lere & Kauru who are side by side in the same horizontal level, yet one is in Kaduna north and the other is in Kaduna south?

Then can you see Giwa & Birnin Gwari LGAs that share boundary with Katsina & Zamfara states? They are both in Kaduna central. If this is not a fraud to weaken the Christians in Kaduna state, tell me what it is!

Good job, sir.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

Just Imagine the Evil Plans from time past.....!

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Efewestern:

Are you saying that Fear of the future is stronger than the oppression of now? Have u heard of the saying that goes, "We will cross the bridge when we get to it?"

Do you believe that being oppressed by a retrogressive bunch of illiterates who has given you an identity of terrorism is better than being oppressed by an educated and progressive people?

Only cowards prefer their present condition of servitude because they are so much afraid of their future, forgetting that the future is in your hands and it becomes what u make of it.

I grew up in URHOBO land and to a large extent I am ashamed of what the region is. It's not as if I am ashamed of the region because it is worse than others, rather I am ashamed that the region is still where it is today considering the abundance of mineral resources and wealth you guys have.

As much as we middlebelt people are suffering injustice in Nigeria, Nigeria is still benefiting us to an extent. However it doesn't mean that we may not progress without Nigeria.

Look at Abuja and see the huge wealth in there. Same with Lagos. These 2 cities are a huge product and reflection of the wealth coming from your region.
If Nigeria divides today, none of these 2 cities with all the development in there are going with your people.
Warri is becoming a shadow of itself day by day.

Do you guys ever think that one day when oil becomes irrelevant, that your children and grandchildren will ask you what you people made of the immense oil wealth from your region when this oil was hotcake? What answers are you going to give them, when same children look at places like Dubai and see what they made out of theirs?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

You Told Child Voters, Bandits 'To Get Rid Of Jonathan, Elect Buhari’ - PANDEF / APC Dares INEC, Vows To Go Ahead With March 26 Convention / Concession: FG Announces Preferred Bidders For Abuja, Lagos, Kano Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.