Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Finally Gave Up! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally Gave Up! (1806 Views)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / GEJ Finally Gave MASSOB Orders To Set INEC Ablaze. / Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Gave Up! by mowapa(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2010
Damn! what others were celebrating as a joyous day, is a day of personal failing to me. I have finally traded up my Nigerian citizenship and assumed a United State one. Hope my ancestors will understand my dilemma, the unnecessary death on our roads, the untimely passing at the hospital, the lack of quality public education and now the endless cycle of violence, either religious or political have finally driven that nail in. Besides my children may never come to live in my country of birth, the country that gave me a start with quality education that was publicly funded,that saw my mother give birth to me in a public hospital. i have struggled with this decision, but i have come to the conclusion that Nigeria will live on in my heart as long as i breath.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by mynaija123(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2010
mo wapa:

Damn! what others were celebrating as a joyous day, is a day of personal failing to me. I have finally traded up my Nigerian citizenship and assumed a United State one. Hope my ancestors will understand my dilemma, the unnecessary death on our roads, the untimely passing at the hospital, the lack of quality public education and now the endless cycle of violence, either religious or political have finally driven that nail in. Besides my children may never come to live in my country of birth, the country that gave me a start with quality education that was publicly funded,that saw my mother give birth to me in a public hospital. i have struggled with this decision, but i have come to the conclusion that Nigeria will live on in my heart as long as i breath.

My friend get the fck of nairaland, remember its nigerian.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Beaf: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2010
Good riddance to all cowards.
The rest of us will struggle on, either to make the country a better place or split it ammicably.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by thweraja10: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2010

Good one there, dont mind those criticizing you if they had the opportunity they will do same.

My friend get the fck of nairaland, remember its nigerian.

Its for Nigerians and friends of Nigeria lol

The rest of us will struggle on, either to make the country a better place or split it ammicably.

Nice one bro thats the Nigerian spirit never give up suffering and smilling. lol
Re: Finally Gave Up! by mynaija123(m): 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2010
thweraja10:

Good one there, dont mind those criticizing you if they had the opportunity they will do same.

Its for Nigerians and friends of Nigeria lol

Nice one bro thats the Nigerian spirit never give up suffering and smilling. lol

Yes Nairaland is for proud nigerians, not cowards who run and become beggars in another mans country.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by dempeople(m): 3:52am On Dec 29, 2010
mynaija123:

Yes Nairaland is for proud nigerians, not cowards who run and become beggars in another mans country.

Calm down. Its not like that. Even you, given the opportunity, I'm pretty much sure you would do the same. Perhaps, who suggested to you that he might have indulged in the aforementioned above? We all want good standards of living but its quite unfortunate that many of us have left the shores of our beloved country for greener pastures abroad. If I have it my way, I'd be back home. I still love my country and will always do so unconditionally because, it'll never seize to be the land of my ancestors, my land and the land of my future generations to come - God willing! If you're "making it" back home, good for you but never regard us Nigerians living abroad as "never do wells". Infact, its quite on the contrary. Peace! smiley
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Beaf: 3:55am On Dec 29, 2010
dem_people:

Calm down. Its not like that. Even you, given the opportunity, I'm pretty much sure you would do the same. Perhaps, who suggested to you that he might have indulged in the aforementioned above? We all want good standards of living but its quite unfortunate that many of us have left the shores of our beloved country for greener pastures abroad. If I have it my way, I'd be back home. I still love my country and will always do so unconditionally because, it'll never seize to be the land of my ancestors, my land and the land of my future generations to come - God willing! If you're "making it" back home, good for you but never regard us Nigerians living abroad as "never do wells". Infact, its quite on the contrary. Peace! smiley

Dude, I have that opportunity, but am proud of who I am. I have just one passport and its Nigerian.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Dec 29, 2010
@Poster, what is with the attention seeking exercise? I mean it is not like you were called out of the blues and told you had to be a citizen. I mean you did apply to become one, probably went in for various appointments and then after getting the final invitation, you had to prepare yourself and all. So why pretend it all came at you at once? If you feel bad about it all, know I have so many who will gladly help take that new burden off of you.  grin  

There are probably millions out there who will give anything to get what you got there. So, if you need to get rid of it, do let me know ooo.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Mobinga: 4:00am On Dec 29, 2010
mo wapa:

See this marsupial. . .Can you like shut the phuck up? Do you need to tell us? Cow!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by dempeople(m): 5:03am On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

Dude, I have that opportunity, but am proud of who I am. I have just one passport and its Nigerian.

So does it mean that we aren't "proud" of who we are, just cos some of us are abroad or have dual citizenship? I can't speak for other Nigerians in diaspora but for me, my heart and soul has always been back home.

Men,
mo wapa:

First and foremost, Your ancestors will be looking down on you with shame if, just cos you've got an American passport, has made you to abandon your country. Just cos 9ja is going through "tough" periods shouldn't make you to abandon it. Be wise. America isn't "your" country. You have only one country and will always have one country. I think you know where it is - don't tell me you've forgotten.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Dec 29, 2010
dem_people:

First and foremost, Your ancestors will be looking down on you with shame if, just cos you've got an American passport, has made you to abandon your country. Just cos 9ja is going through "tough" periods shouldn't make you to abandon it. Be wise. America isn't "your" country. You have only one country and will always have one country. I think you know where it is - don't tell me you've forgotten.

that is a crock of bull and nothing more!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Mobinga: 5:10am On Dec 29, 2010
dem_people:

So does it mean that we aren't "proud" of who we are, just cos some of us are abroad or have dual citizenship? I can't speak for other Nigerians in diaspora but for me, my heart and soul has always been back home.
Keep your heart and soul to yourself. Nobody in Nigeria needs it.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Beaf: 5:15am On Dec 29, 2010
dem_people:

Men,

You didn't come to NL with a megaphone to announce that you'd kicked your pali in the bin like the fool, mo wapa.
mo wapa is the biggest sellout ever, and traitors like him are dangerous to be close to.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Rhino5dm: 5:28am On Dec 29, 2010
@ OP
just complete the phrase to
"I finally gave up the ghost"

I dont know about you? But am going to die as a NIGERIAN!!! and i will continue changing what i feel is wrong in this life or next!

Start learning chinese cos when America finally loose her super power to china you can quickly applied for her citizenship. punk!

Mean while, You are welcome to the world of gang bangers!

" i rather die like a man than live like a c.o.w.ard" -------- 2pac Amaru Shakur
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 29, 2010
ROTFLMAO @ Thread and posts.

hehehehe. . . oh dear! hehee! grin

Poster, nothing do you jare, even thou you're still going to be seen as "outsiders" by Americans.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by dempeople(m): 5:34am On Dec 29, 2010
Mobinga:

Keep your heart and soul to yourself. Nobody in Nigeria needs it.

Guy, cool down. Read, understand and then make valid reasonable comments! angry

Kobojunkie:

that is a crock of bull and nothing more!

Maybe I hit a nerve. Listen, you. . . My opinion. Just my opinion - and you respect that. I couldn't care otherwise!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Rhino5dm: 5:43am On Dec 29, 2010
When you make your opinion public then accept public opinion.

dem_people:

Maybe I hit a nerve. Listen, you. . . My opinion. Just my opinion - and you respect that. I couldn't care otherwise!

omo naija ni mi,
Naija won bi mi si,
Naija ni mo ti bere si nka ABC. . . . . . . . Da Grin.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Rhino5dm: 5:47am On Dec 29, 2010
" even the genuis are asking questions regreting for blessings.
Dont let the pressure make you panic as politics and power and people we address, always do your best"-- 2pac Amaru Shakur
Re: Finally Gave Up! by dempeople(m): 5:49am On Dec 29, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

When you make your opinion public then accept public opinion.

omo naija ni mi,
Naija won bi mi si,
Naija ni mo ti bere si nka ABC. . . . . . . . Da Grin.

Couldn't you have written that in English, if you're sure it wasn't on the abusive side?
Re: Finally Gave Up! by bkbabe97y(m): 6:35am On Dec 29, 2010
Poster, this is the best decision you'll probably ever make in Your life! Who wants to live in a country where, if his neighbors to the East was to rise up he'd get eaten. I'd rather get killed in battle than get eaten by them monkirellos! lol. Hey, fly everywhere you want, even Biafra, slap the President of any goddamn country on earth: AINT SHIYYT GONE HAPPEN!!!! God bless America, and nowhere else!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Rhino5dm: 6:56am On Dec 29, 2010
Okay!

Abi naija boy or (Am a NIGERIAN)'

naija is my birth place' or(NIGERIA IS MY PLACE OF BIRTH )

naija is where i started learning from ABC. . . . . . . . . . . . . Da grin.

dem_people:

Couldn't you have written that in English, if you're sure it wasn't on the abusive side?
Re: Finally Gave Up! by jaygetta(m): 7:00am On Dec 29, 2010
Yeparipa!!!Paranoia! Lol. I don't understand ur language so diyafore You must be TALKING about ME! ROFLMAO!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Rhino5dm: 7:04am On Dec 29, 2010
"Majek fashek in the New yor yor york!
I look up the north down to the south what i see is confusion" -------- Majek Fashek
Re: Finally Gave Up! by lagbaja20: 7:07am On Dec 29, 2010
i AM HAPPY TO WELCOME YOU TO THIS GREAT COUNTRY

With your US pali, the opportunities are endless. You are now forever freed from the shackles and ghost of Nigeria's past, including the unfortunate situation we found ourselves some 40 years ago.

Once again, on behalf of President Obama, the US congress, and Oodua in Diaspora, I welcome you.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by lagbaja20: 7:14am On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

Goodluck with that!

May be you should start by going back to Nigeria

Only then will anyone take you seriously!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Beaf: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2010
lagbaja20:

Goodluck with that!

May be you should start by going back to Nigeria

Only then will anyone take you seriously!

Do you have a clue where I am? Dumb arse.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Rhino5dm: 7:19am On Dec 29, 2010
I never see the likes of

D'banj, 2baba, faze, ini edo, omo sexy, don jazzy, nice, rita domic, desmond elliot, RMD, joke Silver, ramsy noah, Jim Iyk, duncan mighty, timaya, mode nine, neto c, AY, i go die, Ali Baba, gordons, P square, bracket, daddy showkey, terry G, wande coal, mr Ibu, mercy johnson, tonto Dike, stephnie okereke, monalisa chinda, Ali nuhu, sani danja, dan ibro, Ainu Ade, pasuma, nigga raw, african china, . . . . . Leaving

All i see is co.w.a.rds and butt lickers strap in either marraige scam or serving in US military, being used as military disposable hard ware in iraq or afghanistan. God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by lagbaja20: 7:22am On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

Do you have a clue where I am? Dumb arse.

Somewhere there is snow?
Re: Finally Gave Up! by SweetT1: 7:41am On Dec 29, 2010
@OP

Nothing do you my Brother. Everything that comes your way in life has a purpose but never forget where you came from. You can use this Opportunity to gain experience and Opportunity that you can use to return home to Naija one day to contribute to our progress. But don't get carried away by that piece of paper, it's just a piece of paper and Americans knows who they are. It's in their nature.
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:45am On Dec 29, 2010
TRAITOR!!!!  grin grin grin this should make front page sha, me swap my green pali. how na!  angry angry angry angry
Re: Finally Gave Up! by Rhino5dm: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2010
Sweet T:

@OP

Nothing do you my Brother. Everything that comes your way in life has a purpose but never forget where you came from. You can use this Opportunity to gain experience and  [s]     Opportunity that you can use to return home to Naija one day     [/s]  to contribute to our progress. But don't get carried away by that piece of paper, it's just a piece of paper and Americans knows who they are. It's in their nature.

^^^ corrected.  Naija is only for men not punks!
Re: Finally Gave Up! by SweetT1: 7:54am On Dec 29, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

^^^ corrected.  Naija only men not punks!

The ones that Built Naija didn't get all their Opportunities in Naija. ZIK, AWO, ABIOLA etc. went abroad at some point in their life. Quit hating on the guy, i bet you have applied for an American Visa b/4.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election / Vote To Ban Beaf From Nl Politics Sections: Aye Or Nay! / Diplomatic Contirbution For Buhari, Fashola Presidential Ticket.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.