Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26476 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2010
The One:

On a general note, I see a lot of ignorance on nairaland especially from our kinsmen in diaspora. You can have a very good career in Nigeria with your integrity intact and not having to lick any bosses' backside, it just depends on the company you work for. There are a lot of companies with well laid-out structures designed to prevent nepotism and favoritism especially in appraisal and pay determination processes. Simply put, your direct boss does not determine your appraisal 100%. You have processes to fdeal with integrity issues that will keep the whistle-blower anonymous (for conflict of interest, corruption etc). Your pay is well laid-out and never comes in later than 24th of every month come rain or shine. Personally, over the last 5 years I've averaged about 20% pay increase per year. To summarise, investigate the particular company you are interested in and ask questions of insiders. That a good gauge, not what one anonymous person says on nairaland.

this is a lie. naija job market is about arse-licking. apart from the international organizations there, all the home-made companies are shyte! they treat their employees like animals. to get a 28-day vacation, one must almost bow down to his superiors. they make them work like trojan horses over pea-nuts cos they know if you quit, there are jobless folks out there who would fill in the role. i don't advise anyone who's spent several years in the diaspora to go back to naija and work in home-made companies. you will be massively shocked with the way employees are treated like scum.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2010
cou-gar:

this is a lie. naija job market is about arse-licking. apart from the international organizations there, all the home-made companies are shyte! they treat their employees like animals. to get a 28-day vacation, one must almost bow down to his superiors. they make them work like trojan horses over pea-nuts cos they know if you quit, there are jobless folks out there who would fill in the role. i don't advise anyone who's spent several years in the diaspora to go back to naija and work in home-made companies. you will be massively shocked with the way employees are treated like scum.

Who will come and work for a Nigerian company undecided

I dey craze
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2010
notcorrupt:

Who will come and work for a Nigerian company  undecided

I dey craze 

Glo?
NSE?
MTN?

I know a friend of mine who makes 1 million naira per month with Glo, graduated from Upenn. So stop talking like there is something wrong with Nigerian owned business.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by JudgeDredd: 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2010
cou-gar:

I presently work wth a multi-national firm here and your intelligence will only take u as far as JG4, JG3 at most, anything after that you'd better have God fighting for you.

Mr non-corrupt, what exactly do you find un-appealing about your present location? Nigeria is up-coming job wise, but if u make as much as you claim, you shouldn't be this eager to relocate! undecided
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2010
JudgeDredd:

I presently work wth a multi-national firm here and your intelligence will only take u as far as JG4, JG3 at most, anything after that you'd better have God fighting for you.

Mr non-corrupt, what exactly do you find un-appealing about your present location? Nigeria is up-coming job wise, but if u make as much as you claim, you shouldn't be this eager to relocate! undecided

Home will always be home.!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
lagbaja20:

Glo?
NSE?
MTN?

I know a friend of mine who makes 1 million naira per month with Glo, graduated from Upenn. So stop talking like there is something wrong with Nigerian owned business.

there's something wrong with it. your friend might have graduated from yale but if he didn't work while abroad, he wouldn't know how employees should be treated. if you compare the 2 situations, nigerian employers are a disgrace. don't they sexually-harass their female employees too? sleep with me if you want to work here!! randy goats they call employers.

lagbaja20:

Home will always be home.!

for other countries, home will always be home. for nigeria, home is hell.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
cou-gar:

there's something wrong with it. your friend might have graduated from yale but if he didn't work while abroad, he wouldn't know how employees should be treated. if you compare the 2 situations, nigerian employers are a disgrace. don't they sexually-harass their female employees too? sleep with me if you want to work here!! randy goats they call employers.

for other countries, home will always be home. for nigeria, home is hell.

You mean your home is hell? Sorry o.

Nigerian employers he goats? Sharrap there! With very low IQ and poorly finished education, shabby, untrained girls flaunting skin around, they should be happy someone is ready to take them in after sampling their 'kini' so you could change their family destiny.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by TheOne2(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2010
Oga which one be your own with diasporas people dem collect your girl-fiend abi wetin now, samething in the other thread about Lekki Toll you are blaming Diasporas again and you swore u would not pay that toll, yet you get over N2MILLION A YEAR, HABA  are we to belive your cock and bull shiiit or just ignore you.

Mr Knowall

I honestly am struggling with giving you an appropriate response. I'm sure if you take time to go back to read my posts on nairaland from as far back as 2006 you will get a better understanding of who I am. For your information, I've been there and done that. I've lived in the UK, had my M.Sc there, and am usually not taken in by a lot of the BS that is spewed on here everyday. The fact that I chose to resist injustice as exemplified by the Lekki toll road shouldn't rub off on my professional accomplishments. I know what my expertise is worth whether measured against Nigerian standards or international standards and don't need the likes of you, Mr Knowall, to tell me. Lastly, make the above 20 million a year and not 2 million OK.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Vigilante: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2010
@poster, green-eyed monster are all over this thread and I need add forum and wont give you what you want.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by KnowAll(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2010
Mr Knowall

I honestly am struggling with giving you an appropriate response. I'm sure if you take time to go back to read my posts on nairaland from as far back as 2006 you will get a better understanding of who I am. For your information, I've been there and done that. I've lived in the UK, had my M.Sc there, and am usually not taken in by a lot of the BS that is spewed on here everyday. The fact that I chose to resist injustice as exemplified by the Lekki toll road shouldn't rub off on my professional accomplishments. I know what my expertise is worth whether measured against Nigerian standards or international standards and don't need the likes of you, Mr Knowall, to tell me. Lastly, make the above 20 million a year and not 2 million OK.

[size=14pt]And you too should know Mr KnowAll is not one of those who would be intimidated by how much you earn because it has no meaning to me.(for all we care u might be one of those humpty-dumpty in our House of Assembly who have not done a day’s job in their life)

Your N20  million is noting especially when it is stuffed underneath your bed, people with that kind of money in a develop world know how many people they employ not on slave wages.

If 1000 of your type who are fortunate to have or earn N20 MILLION as you seem to claim, the horde of restless, un-employed, under-employed and angry youths that abounds in Nigeria would be gainfully employed on a good pay thereby reducing the social vices that has become the bane of our society.

The dastardly act of Armed Robbery, prostitution and Kidnapping would not be the order of the day in our society, if men like you are doing something positive to enrich our economy and live up to their responsibilities.

I personally would implore your type to pay that Toll because in a way I sympathise with Lagos State Government that is some serious loss of revenue for the state.

It is common knowledge the so called super-rich don’t pay their taxes in Nigeria hence why the state is targeting all asunder without discrimination, a bit draconian to say the least but an aggressive attempt to take from the rich that lives in Lekki.[/size]
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2010
invisible!:

nope, i mean your home is hell.

Nigerian employers he goats? Sharrap there! With very low IQ and poorly finished education, shabby, untrained girls flaunting skin around, they should be happy someone is ready to take them in after sampling their 'kini' so you could change their family destiny.

nigerian employers are animals.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2010
invisible!:

If that is your mentality , then I sincerely pity your backward mentality. A shame to say the least.

Maybe you need some exposure and lessons on how to treat human beings. F00L!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2010
frosbel:

If that is your mentality , then I sincerely pity your backward mentality. A shame to say the least.

Maybe you need some exposure and lessons on how to treat human beings. F00L!

Do you have a jobless sister, GF to give me lessons and exposure?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by kunlekunle: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2010
the issue is do you earn 2mill a month now.
12k dollars, 8kpounds
ur a joker.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2010
kunlekunle:

the issue is  do you earn 2mill a month now.
12k dollars, 8kpounds
your a joker.

I will not be looking for an amount like that or similar if my current wages in pounds was not that high.

Remember young man, the more the experience the more the wage.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2010
Leading financial organisation is looking for a number of F5/Load balancing/Network/Internet/Web Engineer x3. Working within a team you should have a detailed knowledge of all major components of network infrastructure - eg Cisco Routers and Switches, Firewalls, PBX, voice recording, call logging, IVR etc and in addition they are looking for F5 skills and generic load balancing experience, combined with unix/Internet HTML and application skills. Thorough knowledge of the TCPIP protocol Suite, VLSM, IP address allocation and IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols. Have a good awareness of VOIP technology and its implementation in a Cisco Routed/Switched environment, experience of WAN routing technologies. Proven experience in designing and implementing network solutions. Aware of the history of networks and can explain how it came to be as it is, plus a solid knowledge of all the major components in a vendor's solution.

Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.

Spring Group plc is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.

Winner of 'Best IT Recruitment Firm' at the Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2008
Location City Of London
Country UK
Start Date ASAP
Rate £60k - £68k per annum + Bonus + Benefits

This is the kind of money and above that senior positions attract in the UK
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Mobinga: 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2010
What a useless thread. If you want to move over, MOVE! Who phucking cares how much you earn or want to??!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by MrCork2: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2010
notcorrupt:

Hello fellow Nigerians.

Another patriot is about to take a leap into the abyss and return home from the UK

Two questions :

1. Do you think I am mad ? if yes state why

2. What are the possible challenges

3. For a good Job, how much is enough monthly, 2M million Naira a month ?

Your contributions will be appreciated.

Bro if u love mosquitos, then NIgeria is the place for you! angry
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2010
JudgeDredd:

I can tell you this . . .  it is not always a HOME thing for everyone. Westerners move out to Africa seeking opportunities to better themselves and possibly grow themselves as well. Do we say it is about HOME for them as well? One certainty is that people will always want to move to places or locations where they think they will have a good chance of developing their ideas or growing their business/career, and it also applies to Nigerians.

There are those abroad who have already found their homes and are happy . . . . but still go out to places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, you name it, to set up one business or another or explore new horizons. We need to Stop pretending everyone is as HOMESICK as we have made ourselves and stop pretending that by telling us it is exactly the way we imagine it, we can validate our own inner turmoil by that.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2010
Mobinga:

What a useless thread. If you want to move over, MOVE! Who phucking cares how much you earn or want to??!!

Bad Belle  angry
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by whiteroses(f): 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2010
2milli a month? well my dad has so many land bought chealpy in the early 90's, now they were sold for millions of naira, he invested the money in building estates , now he just chill and receives big rent money plus his normal job, be wise elemi l'oma last ni 9ja
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2010
notcorrupt:

I will not be looking for an amount like that or similar if my current wages in pounds was not that high.

Remember young man, the more the experience the more the wage.

If you are only seeking to be as comfortable as you are right were you are today, then you probably don't need to be as high as where you are today. I would say a base of about $7000 a month is not bad, and I don't believe you will need a house and all the other allowances people boast getting when they move to Nigeria but never tell you that it is mostly temporary. That should be enough, in my opinion to provide you the cushion for at least the first year or two. I would also suggest you do not go in blind.

Tackle all necessary issues you need to before you move down . . . I mean electricity, water supply, connectivity, etc
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Ranoscky(m): 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2010
Interesting!

Comeback home my broda, you'r welcome to do whatever do that is do-able!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by curvvylady: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2010
Just conduct your research very well,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by MrCork2: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2010
whiteroses:

2milli a month? well my dad has so many land bought chealpy in the early 90's, now they were sold for millions of naira, he invested the money in building estates , now he just chill and receives big rent money plus his normal job, be wise elemi l'oma last ni 9ja

whiteroses, madam can i marry you, even though u dont have real hairs tongue
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lionshare: 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2010
Interesting Episode, maybe Obama too might consider relocating to Kenya, after his tenure as a president of USA, LOL, grin cheesy grin grin cool
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Mobinga: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2010
frosbel:

Bad Belle  angry
angry
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kc0022000(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2010
@Poster, Your not Mad and l think its possible but l would suggest you do your research before anything,also why not go there and see things for yourself say like 6 months .
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by delimit(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2010
think over it very well.
for you to get a job that will earn 2m/month definitely oil job.
but if made up your mind to come, there places good for living in naija Abuja,calabar(beware of calabar girls),and few area in Lagos but can you get oil jobs in these places,
pls don't complain of no light,no good roads,no security etc if eventually you move down becos all these are the factors you have to put into consideration before taking the decision
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Eyayomosko: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2010
Their is no place like home.if i stay in another country for years i must surely come back year to give back to my country.watchout for mr iyoyo in the year 2035
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by nevachange(f): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2010
guy if you comback, just holla me , i fix u up wit a business u an start with that amt and make like 100k per month, i dont work for free , kip that in mid ohh
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by MrCork2: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2010
Eyayomosko:

Their is no place like home.if i stay in another country for years i must surely come back year to give back to my country.watchout for mr iyoyo in the year 2035

ermm, which home?  where u have mosquitos & arm robbers?  HELL NOOOOOO!!! (no oofeinse)
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Only 10 Banks Are Sound - NDIC / Barbaric Execution Of Boko Haram Suspects: 9 NGOs Demand An Investigation / Musiliu Obanikoro Graduates From Oglethorpe University In US Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.