Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26451 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by snowdrops(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2010
UpBendel:

Nna guy, what role pays you 2 million naira a month in naija o? Curious to know.
Senator
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by hackney(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2010
UpBendel:

Nna guy, what role pays you 2 million naira a month in naija o? Curious to know.

I expect that all those network engrs in say, Glo and MTN would  earn  at least N2m a month.
Just a thought.
(though its hard to define a true engr in naija ; oga's nephew from village working there will als be engr, i guess)
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2010
UpBendel:

Beg to differ.  Comfort, freedom, and safety are all relative and a factor of where you are - might I add that there are parts of the States where such luxuries simply do not exist.  I used to be of the same disposition as you with regards to moving to Nigeria but nothing quite compares to the sense of belonging when you head back.  If you want to be average, stay where you are.  Period

You might want to read the post again, this time carefully. The point is we do not see things the same. That there are parts of the United states YOU do not consider to have the luxuries that satisfy you does not imply that those who currently reside in those areas are not at home and content with what they have available to them.

I think the first thing you ought to consider dropping is this notion that it is measured in exactly the way you perceive it. Cause I can tell that you have NEVER EVER been of the same disposition as I am right now and probably never will until you QUIT believing we all see the world the way you do.

For one, there are Nigerians living outside of Nigeria who BELONG WHERE THEY ARE RIGHT NOW and do not share your need to head back or whatever it feels like. They are not in the minority and they are not mad people -- they are Nigerians like you who have made actually moved on.

Also, I believe a lot of people have addressed the second mindset which is this notion that everyone else who does not see things as you do or live terrible as you do is also SUFFERING? SOrry, it is not true. There are so many Nigerians out here, and around the world, myself included, living not as second class citizens with insecurities and inferior complexes(since most of that is also a mindset problem). And many of those in this group have no regrets and do not apologize to anyone, not even you for not being or thinking in the way you do.

So, as soon as you deal with the base problems identified, do come back with a post that reviews people as they are, not as your warped mind deems they ought to be.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by UpBendel(m): 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2010
hackney:

I expect that all those network engrs in say, Glo and MTN would  earn  at least N2m a month.
Just a thought.
(though its hard to define a true engr in naija ; oga's nephew from village working there will als be engr, i guess)

A few years ago I would say maybe assuming a daily rate of say $620 or £400.  Not in Naija though.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by UpBendel(m): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You might want to read the post again, this time carefully. The point is we do not see things the same. That there are parts of the United states YOU do not consider to have the luxuries that satisfy you does not imply that those who currently reside in those areas are not at home and content with what they have available to them.

I think the first thing you ought to consider dropping is this notion that it is measured in exactly the way you perceive it. Cause I can tell that you have NEVER EVER been of the same disposition as I am right now and probably never will until you QUIT believing we all see the world the way you do.

For one, there are Nigerians living outside of Nigeria who BELONG WHERE THEY ARE RIGHT NOW and do not share your need to head back or whatever it feels like. They are not in the minority and they are not mad people -- they are Nigerians like you who have made actually moved on.

Also, I believe a lot of people have addressed the second mindset which is this notion that everyone else who does not see things as you do or live terrible as you do is also SUFFERING? SOrry, it is not true. There are so many Nigerians out there, myself included, living not as second class citizens(since most of that is also a mindset problem) and have no regrets.

So, as soon as you deal with the base problems identified, do come back with a post that reviews people as they are, not as your warped mind deems they ought to be.

I think you have taken a simple remark, turned it upside down and attempted to posit something intelligent. I did read your post very carefully - all 20 seconds of it - and started by saying that 'I beg to differ'. That is called dissension. You have your views and I have mine. State it calmly.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2010
UpBendel:

A few years ago I would say maybe assuming a daily rate of say $620 or £400.  Not in Naija though.  
whoaaaaaaaaa your keyboard has both the dollar and pound sign ? shocked
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
^^^

Copy and paste

Hows that difficult
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2010
lagbaja20:

^^^

Copy and paste

Hows that difficult
too much hardwork grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2010
Nigerians are cowards, Oyinbo people, Indians and  Arabs are coming in their droves to Nigeria.

These same people are adjusting to Naija life with spouses and children.

Surprisingly indigenous Nigerians based abroad are slagging off their own country ( country of birth and upbringing ) and too scared to come back.

Now you see why whites make it big time, they take risk. The typical Nigerian man hates risk , but wants to make a quick buck.

[img]http://www.oyibosonline.com/sm2/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=21027;type=avatar[/img]
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by olabukola: 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
£££££££££££££,$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
UpBendel:

I think you have taken a simple remark, turned it upside down and attempted to posit something intelligent.  I did read your post very carefully - all 20 seconds of it - and started by saying that 'I beg to differ'.  That is called dissension.  You have your views and I have mine.  State it calmly.

You are seriously joking with this, aren't you?

First,
UpBendel:

Beg to differ.  Comfort, freedom, and safety are all relative and a factor of where you are - might I add that there are parts of the States where such luxuries simply do not exist.  I used to be of the same disposition as you with regards to moving to Nigeria but nothing quite compares to the sense of belonging when you head back.  If you want to be average, stay where you are.  Period

First, You felt you needed to point out that there are parts of the States where luxuries simply do not exist, and I took it on myself to help you understand that one man's LUXURY is not necessarily another man's LUXURY. That you find you cannot live in a place like Montgomery Alabama, or the mountains of west Virginia, or in dover, DE, or even in cold cold Alaska, DOES NOT, I REPEAT, DOES NOT mean those who currently live there are SUFFERING AND WITHOUT  the luxuries they want and need.

Then you attempted to claim you used to be of the same disposition as I am with regards to moving to Nigeria, only you fail to note that I am not you and so that you are able to flip on your decisions in this area DOES NOT mean we all do or will do same as you. We did not share similar childhoods, and likely do not even share similar experiences even as adults so the chances of us seeing things the same is close to nill.

Lastly you made the arrogant mistake of assuming I am in the same both as you seem to be . .  believing nothing compares to Nigeria and all that blah. Again, I am not you and I don't think as you do. Then you had the audacity to claim that staying here means my life will be as average as yours, and that my friend, reveals even more of your thinking process.

So, no you made no simple remark, you insulted yourself there and I ask that you go back, shed that silly mindset and then, maybe then, you will see people as they are, and not as you need them to be for you.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2010
Of course there are challenges like in the photo below, but this is not peculiar to Naija.

[img]http://www.oyibosonline.com/sm2/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9934.0;attach=21274;image[/img]
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by UpBendel(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

First,

First, You felt you needed to point out that there are parts of the States where luxuries simply do not exist, and I corrected you by helping you understand that one's man's LUXURY is not necessarily another man's LUXURY. Because you cannot live in a place like Montgomery Alabama, or out in the mountains of west Virginia, or in dover, DE, or even in cold cold Alaska, DOES NOT, I REPEAT, DOES NOT mean those who currently live there are SUFFERING AND WITHOUT  the luxuries they want and need.

Then you attempted to claim you used to be of the same disposition as I am with regards to moving to Nigeria, only you fail to note that I am not you and so that you are able to flip on your decisions in this area DOES NOT mean we all do or will do same as you. We did not share similar childhoods, and likely do not even share similar experiences even as adults so the chances of us seeing things the same is close to nill.

Lastly you made the arrogant mistake of assuming I am in the same both as you seem to be . .  believing nothing compares to Nigeria and all that blah. Again, I am not you and I don't think as you do. Then you had the audacity to claim that staying here means my life will be as average as yours, and that my friend, reveals even more of your thinking process.

So, no you made no simple remark, you insulted yourself there and I ask that you go back, shed that silly mindset and then, maybe then, you will see people as they are, and not as you need them to be for you.

Please see previous post.

Thanks
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by TippyTop(m): 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2010
Kobojunkie wrote:
That there are parts of the United states YOU do not consider to have the luxuries that satisfy you does not imply that those who currently reside in those areas are not at home and content with what they have available to them.

Practice what you preach and stop slagging Nigeria off then.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lakode(m): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2010
Interesting , good to know you still remember home , I have that same line of thinking , ok , My answers ;

You definately in your right senses , livinging outside Nigeria will always make you a second class citizen

The challenges hmm, it sounds like you have  being away for a long time , ok some challenges : SECURITY , SPORADIC POWER FALIURE(AS ALWAYS) , BAD ROADS  add HIGH RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT  also

Yeah there are jobs paying that much , but hmm it will take alot to get such jobs , if you have loads of work experience(it will be more easy) , But in BTW I think if you have lilttle money with you , you can try start up a business(be your own boss in your own country)

MY LAST INPUT IS THAT , WHAT MOST NIGERIANS FACE IN THE DIASPORA( ATIMES) IS MORE WORST THAN LIVING IN HARDSHIP IN NIGERIA ," ENI TI OWE OJU NI ERU N BA ", AND ALSO PRAY ABOUT IT , MAY GOD HELP YOU
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by yinka85: 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2010
lonewolf:

A good chunk of the responses are idiotic, while the remainder is rooted in bad belle.

Look, poster, Nigeria is peculiar. There are pros and cons. And relocating to Naij will only be sensible, depending on what you want for yourself. To start with, understand that Naij is not a bed of roses. So, you're not going to get a handout because you've come from England. That said, insofar as you bring foreign degrees and formidable professional experience, you are in good stead. The reality is that a degree from the University of Birmingham is better that a degree from the University of Ibadan, and employers understand that.

It's all about what you want for yourself. If you are motivated by the chance of making untold wealth, Nigeria is where you should ultimately go. If you prefer predicability and sanity, stay in England. If you're going to be bothered about lack of electricty, etc., you should stay in England. If you as educated as you make it appear, you can live a respectable middle class life in England -- if this is what you want. So, it's all about choices really.

As an aside, to all those Nigerians in Naij who have this perception that people in diaspora are "suffering", you guys seriously need to check your bad belle. Are there people hustling, etc., in England, Canada and America? Yes. Where this is the case, this is testament to their dexeterity. It's not a bad thing. What kind of wreteched mentality holds that hard work is not respectable?

The bolded above cracks my head each time topics  like this rears itself up.

The hospital I had my first child overseas had 18 Nigerian Doctors and Nurses combined on their payroll as at July 2006.

In their corrupt mind set, everyone outside Naija working hard and playing by set rules by their host countries is suffering and hence should return home.END OF STORY.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by OJ2010: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2010
@poster
I will say the decision to move back to Nigeria is more of a personal thing. Posts on nairaland should not have any bearing in coming to a decision because the circumstances of the posters will be different from yours and their comments and submissions will be based on their goals, aspirations, circumstances abroad etc.
But i have to comment i will say it all depends on what you want in life. If you want to live average life of bills and taxes with little or no savings then abroad is fine but if you are very ambitious looking for opportunities to make it bigger then Nigeria is it when you get a fantastic offer. I can say there are more opportunities to make it big in Nigeria than a place like UK although you would have better quality of life in UK and i must say that if you have money in Nigeria you can reduce the discomfort of living in Nigeria greatly. So the decision to either live or relocate will be based on individual preferences. I live and work abroad presently as expat with a multinational oil company and  i can tell you categorically that a Nigerian based staff my company is better of than Nigerians working for the same company on local terms in US financially even worse in UK (i.e salary, tax) so when i had offer to convert to the local payroll i turned it down and opted to go back to Nigeria at the end of my assignment.
There are crimes everywhere even in UK, US. 2 Nigerians were recently killed in the US (one of them a nairalander Bawomolo), so when people scare you that you will be killed in Nigeria as if its only in Nigeria i just laughed. The question is how many of our family members that was killed in 2010?
Also i am very suprised the way Nigerians abroad are screaming about N2m per month, its not out of place in Nigeria. At least i know that with a 10yr experience in the oil sector you should earn that comfortably and the tax will be like 20%. So Nigerians abroad expecially UK should wake up from thinking that their 40K-50K pounds p.a. in UK (before tax) is a big deal cos its not without sounding immodest.
So in the nutshell the decision is personal.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by OJ2010: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2010
Yinka 85 we are actually thinking alike! good post
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by OJ2010: 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
Lonewolf i mean, (
OJ2010:

Yinka 85 we are actually thinking alike! good post
point of correction)
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by kaymoney2(m): 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2010
@ OP There is noting bad in one returning home because there is no place like home** He only needs to plan well and that is where common sense comes to play** Like myself for example I am planning my  return to 9ja soon* but before I return I must put 4 things in place compulsorily~

1) My own property may be  3/4 bedroom Duplex
2) Good busineess plan must be on ground
3) Nice ride to use in 9ja.
4) Enough Cash in Bank

I[b]nstead of me taking  a mortgage of £300,000. which I would pay for 25-30 years I prefer to use that lump sum of money for my own personal house in 9ja, [/b] Because it makes no sense to have lived  7-10 years abroad and you  are not better off than people you left in 9ja** Not forgetting the rate at which guys are changing levels in 9ja, So poster plan well**
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by poweredcom(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2010
Well As u come ready to stay without light and go get your own generator oo cos heat go nearly kill you, and fraustrate you, My bro u wan come from frying pan to Fire,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by netotse(m): 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
*sigh*

anyways,

@OP(not corrupt)
i'm curios. . .when you ask for 2million a month, is it because that's what you are earning now(circa 8000 GBP) or because that's what you think reasonable living wages should be for someone of your profile?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by kaymoney2(m): 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2010
poweredcom:

Well As u come ready to stay without light and go get your own generator oo cos heat go nearly kill you, and fraustrate you, My bro u wan come from frying pan to Fire,

Is he  coming to stay in shodi or Agege** Or has he said he is  coming to rent an apartment from any landlord without building or buying his own apartment and install there a  silent generator* or is he planning to go about with BRT Buses if he has no answer to these questions then he is not yet qualified to return to 9ja.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

First,

First, You felt you needed to point out that there are parts of the States where luxuries simply do not exist, and I corrected you by helping you understand that one's man's LUXURY is not necessarily another man's LUXURY. Because you cannot live in a place like Montgomery Alabama, or out in the mountains of west Virginia, or in dover, DE, or even in cold cold Alaska, DOES NOT, I REPEAT, DOES NOT mean those who currently live there are SUFFERING AND WITHOUT  the luxuries they want and need.

Your 24 hrs camping on NL is an indication of how pathetic your life is in Obodoyinbo

If you had your way, you'd rather be in Nigeria than be in Yankee

Admit it and shame the devil once and for all.

Home is Home: Yankee is not your home.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by denzel2009: 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
kay-money:

@ OP There is noting bad in one returning home because there is no place like home** He only needs to plan well and that is where common sense comes to play** Like myself for example I am planning my  return to 9ja soon* but before I return I must put 4 things in place compulsorily~

1) My own property may be  3/4 bedroom Duplex
2) Good busineess plan must be on ground
3) Nice ride to use in 9ja.
4) Enough Cash in Bank

I[b]nstead of me taking  a mortgage of £300,000. which I would pay for 25-30 years I prefer to use that lump sum of money for my own personal house in 9ja, [/b] Because it makes no sense to have lived  7-10 years abroad and you  are not better off than people you left in 9ja** Not forgetting the rate at which guys are changing levels in 9ja, So poster plan well**

Actually, you are not going to see the £300k lump at all.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by kaymoney2(m): 11:46pm On Dec 30, 2010
denzel2009:

Actually, you are not going to see the £300k lump at all.

You pay 20% of that amount and the building society complete the rest for you** And you put your self in bondage as you continue to pay may be £1000-£1200 on the house monthly of which you must not default unless you want the property repossessed sad
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Koolking(m): 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2010
POSSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES ABOUND IN NIGERIA, YOU NEED TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOUR ABILITIES AND STRENGTHS ARE YOUR WEAPONS. MY BROTHER HOME IS HOME NOWHERE LIKE HOME. OTHERS ARE LIVING THEIR DREAMS; EVEN IMPACTING POSITIVELY ON OTHERS, I DONT SEE WHY YOU CANNOT.

IT'S UP TO YOU
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by axeman85(m): 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2010
@poster

You are nt mad at all. Infact am also taking that bold step as well come Jan2011.  As I type this, I have submitted my resignation letter . Avin spent 6yrs in di uk, studying both Levels, degree, professional qualification as well as few years work experience.

I am very hopeful in my own case, I still have to do the mandatory 1yr NYSC to enable me get a good well paying job. So am going to be Avin a hard 1yr bt I know I will be smiling afta day. In a man life tough decisions have to be made and once its made. You av to make the best of it. Peace
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by beknown(m): 12:06am On Dec 31, 2010
Get a job first before you go to Nigeria. Check the following website:

http://www.careersinafrica.com/summits/london

Better still, visit Nigeria alone (without your family) and take a look at Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt. Investigate job opportunities as well as business start-up opportunities.

It is easier to start a small business in Nigeria because no regulation to satisfy. Just start.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Privy(m): 12:15am On Dec 31, 2010
Not corrupt,

Interesting thoughts from you.

In life, we find satisfaction in doing what we wish to do.

1. You are not mad to think that way. It's perfectly reasonable. I will follow suit when I am ready too.

2. A lot of challenges await you (naturally).

Firstly, business/Career/Professional challenges: You'd face difficulties in whatever u want to do. Be it to start-up a tech company or work for a big company (given your personal principles) but you will eventually carve out a niche for yourself and succeed. I know a lot of people that succeeded and made it wealthy without being steeped in crime or corruption. There are also some workplaces where such activities are reduced.

Secondly, personal challenges: Even if you like moderation in your lifestyle, you will still have issues with settling down (depending on how long you've spent outside of the country). Expect bad roads, crazy/unqualified drivers, irregular power supply (even in the best of places), lesser aesthetics (not so clean and beautiful environments) in your neighborhood, workplace and everywhere, extended family issues (depending on how close you are to them and how well you manage your relationships) etc

3. Income to expect? You need to tread softly. Sincerely, there are jobs that can pay you that much even Cadbury (I knew people that worked there and got nearly as much), the Oil and Gas Industry is a good fishing ground, some IT companies can also be considered. However, in my own opinion, it is better not to think of it like it is in the US or UK. It's a different ball game. You need a different approach - You need to count your costs (as exhaustively as possible), if possible contact a trustworthy friend in Nigeria (or that is conversant with current trends in Nigeria) and think of your costs and expectations in Nigerian terms (current prices in Nigeria). You can get a N1.5M (starting) per month job and enjoy yourself quite well in 9ja. If I was in your shoes (but I am not yet), I would not be thinking of settling down for an employment but I'd rather strategise to start a company (given your extent of knowledge and experience) it's a tougher route but it's more profitable and satisfying.

There is need for caution and planning. I will suggest that you save substantial money before you take the leap and, also, have a plan B. I have some hints that can be helpful:
1. Keep your moderate lifestyle (it'll help to cut some costs)
2. Buy a house (or build one, if you have the time) in Lagos (since you want to settle there) rather than mortgage one.
3. Get a good car.
4. Reactivate your previous contacts and network with people (it matters a lot) in 9ja.
5. Pray for God's help and for success and do not be discouraged.
6. Think it through and time it well. Don't go until after the elections - the terrain's rough now.
7. Prepare for some "shock" on re-entry (despite the fact that it's your country. A lot has changed)
8. If you want to start a business, feel the environment first. For instance cloud computing can face very difficult times in Nigeria cos most people and SMEs don't buy original software.
9. As the decision is ultimately yours, mind the Nairaland advice you follow. Think it through and research on your moves.

I pray that you succeed. I will definitely return too.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by bidemi12(m): 12:32am On Dec 31, 2010
beknown:

Get a job first before you go to Nigeria. Check the following website:
http://www.careersinafrica.com/summits/london
Better still, visit Nigeria alone (without your family) and take a look at Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt. Investigate job opportunities as well as business start-up opportunities.
It is easier to start a small business in Nigeria because no regulation to satisfy. Just start.

The bolded statement is enough reason not to even bother coming at all. can you read that? no regulations. that sums it all in one sentence because "no regulations" exists in all aspects of life in Nigeria.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by bidemi12(m): 12:45am On Dec 31, 2010
frosbel:
Nigerians are cowards, Oyinbo people, Indians and  Arabs are coming in their droves to Nigeria.These same people are adjusting to Naija life with spouses and children.Surprisingly indigenous Nigerians based abroad are slagging off their own country ( country of birth and upbringing ) and too scared to come back.Now you see why whites make it big time, they take risk. The typical Nigerian man hates risk , but wants to make a quick buck.[img]http://www.oyibosonline.com/sm2/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=21027;type=avatar[/img] 

what you do not understand is the "oyinbo" people you have mentioned understand what nigerians refuse to and accept. simple truth. if you want a country with no laws, where you can pretty much do whatever you want so long as you have the cash to back it up then nigeria is the country to go. In that kind of environment you can make some serious money. but at whose expense? do you think those "oyinbo's" will invest the proceeds of their original capital back into the economy? have you ever heard of capital flight. what do you think MTN and those big multinationals are doing to the economy? They are taking their profits back to their country of origin and gradualy scewing us dry. The govt knows this but cannot or will not do anything because of egunje. UP NIGERIA. why would i not want to go back for a while? but stay? hell no.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Speaks On Stopping Nwodo, Clark From Flying To Benue / How We Were Attacked At Ambode's House – EFCC / FG Releases ₦20 Billion For The East-West Road Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.