Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before (7332 Views)

Please help me recommend any authentic hookup site for runs girls / I Have No Job Or Talent But I Give Very Good Blowjobs - Female UNILAG Graduate / This Is The Most Mature And Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo You've Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Mario puzo - Godfather, The fool's die, omerta, the last don, the Sicilian.

Steve Berry - the Templar's legacy, Cotton Malone series (you will like it)

John Grisham - the testament, king of torts (my favourite), pelican brief, the partner (another good one)

Sidney sheldom novels are good also - if tomorrow comes, master of the game, tell me your dreams, the other side of midnight.

Robert Ludlum - Bourne series (identity, legacy, supremacy etc), scorpio illusion

Dan Brown - digital fortress, davinci code, angels and demons etc

I buy most of my books at waterlines in Ph or cms at lagos or ikeja
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
Benee1000:
Allan Quatermain
By
H. Rider Haggard

King Solomon's Mines
By
H. Rider Haggard

Warning: These books are highly addictive

Waoooowaooowaooooo
These books reminds me of my childhood.
Waoooooo
Makes me remember my grandfather, he loves books too during his time.
Do you know about - The boy slave? The return of shettima, weep not child by the kenyan mau mau revolution etc
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
databoy247:
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. angry

I'm currently reading Origins by Dan Brown.

Downloaded it somewhere.

Pls can you give me?
I love Dan Brown's novels plsssssss
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by ThothHermes: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
So many things to do I can't even find time to read fiction again, and I'm seeing many tempting titles here especially those medical thrillers.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Biglittlelois:
All John Grisham, Michael Connelly, Sandra Brown, Perri 'O' Shaunessy, Patricia Cornwell, Dan Brown novels, that is if you are interested in thrillers cos I strictly read thrillers, and they are keeping me busy in this boring lockdown,

I however haven't read the Godfather or seen the movie, anyone with a link to to read or download online pls?
Most of the novels on my phone are 1MB or more and can't upload on nairaland
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Biglittlelois(f): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
emmaodet:

Most of the novels on my phone are 1MB or more and can't upload on nairaland

Do you have The Godfather?

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
mexican:

I just mean it as an hobby. Sometimes I just stare up at the sky and look at all those planets and stars! There's been a particularly bright one up in the sky but was unable to identify it.
I intend getting a telescope soon from Amazon.

It expands ones mind and lets one see things in a different way from most other people. It makes one realize that we are all just nothing compared to the vastness of space. Just my musing.

Keep lookin' up!

That star you see most time is like the star called Polaris.
Polaris is the brightest star in the world and mariners use it mostly for celestial navigation to determine the longitude and latitude of the ship at night using sextant, azimuth mirror, nautical almanac and norries table for calculation in deep sea during the olden days sailing. Now GPS as replaced it as a modern equipment to get your ship position
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Do you have The Godfather?

Yes, in my laptop at home but i have dan brown, sydney sheldom and robert ludlum soft copy on my phone presently.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Biglittlelois(f): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
emmaodet:

Yes, in my laptop at home but i have dan brown, sydney sheldom and robert ludlum soft copy on my phone presently.

Can you send link of how I can get them? Thanks.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
Gaggi:
You guys remind me of when I was a reader. I recently picked up Omerta by Mario Puzo to re-read, I couldn't get past a few pages.
I've read everything from Hardy Chase to Chinua Achebe, to Chimamanda to Cyprian Ekwensi to Ayi kwe Armah.
Anyways, good novels to read include
Omerta, Fools Die and the Godfather series all by Mario Puzo.
Almost all Grisham Novels are good.
All Sydney Sheldon movies are spell binding.
Kain and Abel is also an excellent read. I've read so much that I hardly remember again.

We are mate bro, we are mates.
I do read alot then but now i hardly read.
The good old days.
Now it is all about money money money, sexx sexx sexx, hustle hustle hustle
Capitalism really damaged alot of cultures and systems.
People don't want to read anymore.
They will even mock you that who reading or novel help? When your mates are out there making money.
Riff raffs like hip hop musicians and footballers making a killing and you are there reading nonsense novels.
The rat race is real bro
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Can you send link of how I can get them? Thanks.

Can you send me your e-mail so that i can attach them and forward to your box?
Easier that way.
And they are all a good read, you will never regret reading them because i am someone who doesn't get easily attached to a novel if not interesting. So for me to like it, you will likely like them if you like thrillers
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2020
Zayttoven:
My best was FOOLS DIE by Mario Puzo (My Dad gave that as a gift).

I've also read the GODFATHER by the same author( I got that from South Africa)

Then I've read most of the Jason Bourne series by Robert Ludlum.

E.g. Bourne Deception, Bourne Objective, Bourne Betrayal,

Also by Robert Ludlum, The Gemini Brothers.

(I got the aforementioned from Amazon)

Can't leave out Dan Brown.

DaVinci's Code, Deception Point, The Lost Symbol, Angels and Demons.

(Got them all from Amazon).

DaVinci's code really shook my faith and I started doubting Christianity.
I've not recovered till date.

So anyone thinking of reading that book, should tread lightly.

Bro, we are in the same spirit. I think we have the same taste and kind of novels and authors
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by tobby20: 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
emmaodet:

Can you send me your e-mail so that i can attach them and forward to your box?
Easier that way.
And they are all a good read, you will never regret reading them because i am someone who doesn't get easily attached to a novel if not interesting. So for me to like it, you will likely like them if you like thrillers
Send em to me too bro pls
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2020
tobby20:

Send em to me too bro pls

Give me your email bro
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by tobby20: 12:38am On Apr 09, 2020
emmaodet:

Give me your email bro
Emilychris317@gmail.com
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2020
Sotland:

Keep reading? I have lost that part of me that loves reading.. Now, we are in the world of survival of the fittest.. Even if you have millions today, Govt could come up with a policy that will run down your millions into thousands..Gobe! Bro now, its all about meeting financial target, exceeding it and creating another target.. The only reading I get to do these days is researching whatever can increase my pocket and strategies to achieve it.. Gone are the days of reading for pleasure, such days may be reinstall but not now. This is what this messed up society has laid for common citizens..Always survive of the fittest...hehehe

I tell you bro, capitalism destroyed the whole system, alllllllll.
I don't read novels anymore, now it is all about make money, make more money, i said make more and more money eeeeeehhhhh
Money money money, sexx sexx sexx, more money more money more money
A very dangerous rat race, insatiable.
Sometimes i do think about it - how did we get to this stage??
Sometimes, i just get tired and really want the quite, gentle , slow natural life.
Really missing it bro because the world is too competitive now.
Now, am not even scared of competing with my fellow human beings anymore.
By the time the 5G network comes online fully, 50-80% of people will lose there jobs and businesses to machines/robots.
Bro believe me, you can't compete with those useless things called robots.
A good example is the common machine we all know and like to use called ATM machine.
It displaces a lot of workers from the bank, saves cost effectively, can work 24hrs a day without complaining, tired, regularly asking for pay raise nor fraudulent like humans.
That is exactly what autonomous cars will do to drivers, pilots, sailors. Even the agricultural sector won't be left out.
I watched a youtube video of robots planting, spraying herbicides and insecticides, fertilizers, harvesting and clearing the farms effectively with little to none human intervention. It means the small scale farmers, local farmers will all be wiped off the market by gigantic agricultural companies with latest robots to produce ridiculously cheap and plenty foods.
Bro, the future for the first time to me is really Scary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by emmaodet: 12:41am On Apr 09, 2020
tobby20:

Emilychris317@gmail.com

Ok
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Mathias2015(m): 12:52am On Apr 09, 2020
Rainbow are for lovers, don't know the author again
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Sotland: 7:16am On Apr 09, 2020
lol.. Apart from the politicians and business typcoon children, rarely can we live the life we want in this part of the world.. No thanks to bad leadership.. We are so grounded to suffering and smilings here.. It's always suffer of the fittest deep in our marrow..

5G poses more threat to us and surely it will increase unemployment rate. Human will destory this earth ourselves. Now is the time to hustle hard, acquire assets before the drought that is coming. God help us...

emmaodet:

I tell you bro, capitalism destroyed the whole system, alllllllll.
I don't read novels anymore, now it is all about make money, make more money, i said make more and more money eeeeeehhhhh
Money money money, sexx sexx sexx, more money more money more money
A very dangerous rat race, insatiable.
Sometimes i do think about it - how did we get to this stage??
Sometimes, i just get tired and really want the quite, gentle , slow natural life.
Really missing it bro because the world is too competitive now.
Now, am not even scared of competing with my fellow human beings anymore.
By the time the 5G network comes online fully, 50-80% of people will lose there jobs and businesses to machines/robots.
Bro believe me, you can't compete with those useless things called robots.
A good example is the common machine we all know and like to use called ATM machine.
It displaces a lot of workers from the bank, saves cost effectively, can work 24hrs a day without complaining, tired, regularly asking for pay raise nor fraudulent like humans.
That is exactly what autonomous cars will do to drivers, pilots, sailors. Even the agricultural sector won't be left out.
I watched a youtube video of robots planting, spraying herbicides and insecticides, fertilizers, harvesting and clearing the farms effectively with little to none human intervention. It means the small scale farmers, local farmers will all be wiped off the market by gigantic agricultural companies with latest robots to produce ridiculously cheap and plenty foods.
Bro, the future for the first time to me is really Scary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by galadima77(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2020
Pillars of the earth by Ken Follet
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by joeugo69: 7:46am On Apr 09, 2020
[q
There was a Country by Chinua Achebe..it is sold in most book stores for between 1000-3000 depending on the type of cover..It is a very nice book.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2020
joeugo69:
[q
There was a Country by Chinua Achebe..it is sold in most book stores for between 1000-3000 depending on the type of cover..It is a very nice book.

Thank you joeugo69. Appreciated.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 09, 2020
emmaodet:

That star you see most time is like the star called Polaris.
Polaris is the brightest star in the world and mariners use it mostly for celestial navigation to determine the longitude and latitude of the ship at night using sextant, azimuth mirror, nautical almanac and norries table for calculation in deep sea during the olden days sailing. Now GPS as replaced it as a modern equipment to get your ship position

Thanks for the clarification. It's just a field I'm very interested in.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lets keep the thread alive guys. I'm actually gained a lot from the thread
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Digableplanets6(m): 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Sidney Sheldon's chasing tomorrow
Sidney sheldon's angel of the dark
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Digableplanets6(m): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
Karen Rose's alone in the dark
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Digableplanets6(m): 9:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Just download anybooks app from Google playstore and download any novel to your heart's content.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by malaria(f): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
How to kill your husband
The 11th commandment - (Mario puzzo)
Runaway jury (john Grisham)
Lamia(cant remember the author)
Weep not child
The testament (john grisham)
Always is not forever
Even now
The virgo club
Jane error
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by malaria(f): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lamanii22:
No greater love by Danielle Steele
Johnny angel by Danielle Steele
A time to kill by john grisham
Naked came the stranger(can't remember the author)

I got them from a store not far from my house...

I probably got some for N300 and others N500..

Funny how I don't have them again... Neighbours would be like "please borrow me"... You'd feel reluctant to lend them.. After giving them, you'd give them like 5 days to finish it... When you eventually ask, they'd start saying " I'd bring it" "oh I forgot".... Til you stop asking...

The most painful novel I lost was " the twelve silver cups" my dad gave me that book... I was in primary 3 then, my senior asked for it, he said he was gonna return it the next day... As a kind girl I gave him... His friends were even telling me not to lend him I didn't listen... Til tomorrow ooo... He never returned it... I don't know if I'm ever gonna find it... All the stores I have checked so far don't have it...
No greater love is quite good , somehow continuation of titanic or would I say another titanic story.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Lamanii22(f): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
malaria:

No greater love is quite good , somehow continuation of titanic or would I say another titanic story.

Right... Something like that.... It was in that novel I got these words "loyalty's greater than love"
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by malaria(f): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lamanii22:
No greater love by Danielle Steele
Johnny angel by Danielle Steele
A time to kill by john grisham
Naked came the stranger(can't remember the author)

I got them from a store not far from my house...

I probably got some for N300 and others N500..

Funny how I don't have them again... Neighbours would be like "please borrow me"... You'd feel reluctant to lend them.. After giving them, you'd give them like 5 days to finish it... When you eventually ask, they'd start saying " I'd bring it" "oh I forgot".... Til you stop asking...

The most painful novel I lost was " the twelve silver cups" my dad gave me that book... I was in primary 3 then, my senior asked for it, he said he was gonna return it the next day... As a kind girl I gave him... His friends were even telling me not to lend him I didn't listen... Til tomorrow ooo... He never returned it... I don't know if I'm ever gonna find it... All the stores I have checked so far don't have it...
John Grisham na die too

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by malaria(f): 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
mexican:

Nice one Lamanii22. Amazing novels you got there. I found that reading expands the mind in very interesting ways. The twelve silver cups book, is it the one by Enid Blyton? If it is, it seems rare as even Amazon does not have it but BookDepository has it. I found it via a Google search. Costs only $7 throw in shipping you get maybe $10. I think you can buy it as a keepsake and for the good memories sake.

And yeah, as for lending people your books, Ive found it almost never ends well. If they like it, then they should go buy it themselves!

As for the Godfather, the movie is nothing compared to the book. The movie is like 2/100 while the book is 100/100. Best I've ever read.

Thanks for the recommendations.

And yeah, keep reading girl!
If you know enid blyton then u know famous five, and
Adevtnutes of secret seven .those were my novels of childhood

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help !!! I'm About To Shag A Dumb Ass Lady!!! / My Baby Have Big Preek Like Tubber Of Yam PHOTOS / Nairaland Guys Are Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.