Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before (7325 Views)

Please help me recommend any authentic hookup site for runs girls / I Have No Job Or Talent But I Give Very Good Blowjobs - Female UNILAG Graduate / This Is The Most Mature And Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo You've Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by backT(m): 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
The believer's authority by Kenneth Hagins

It will transform your life.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 05, 2020
backT:
The believer's authority by Kenneth Hagins

It will transform your life.

Thanks, backT, but I'm not really the religious type. Good luck to those who are anyway.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Originalsly: 6:13am On Apr 05, 2020
Robin Cook was a surgeon. His books are "medical thrillers".... mostly written in the 90's..... but as you read you would strongly believe he is telling about what is secretly happening in the medical field.
Thin Air.... is based on the Philadelphia Experiment in which Einstein and others were involved in a secret project for the US military to make their warships invisible. Don't ever start this book if you don't have time to complete reading.

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Originalsly: 6:21am On Apr 05, 2020
Just been browsing to recall the name of one of Robin Cook's novel only to find thus one! Thus I must buy and read.... sooo relevant...you should do the same.From the write up... this seems to be a follow up on Chromosome 6.

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
Originalsly:
Robin Cook was a surgeon. His books are "medical thrillers".... mostly written in the 90's..... but as you read you would strongly believe he is telling about what is secretly happening in the medical field.
Thin Air.... is based on the Philadelphia Experiment in which Einstein and others were involved in a secret project for the US military to make their warships invisible. Don't ever start this book if you don't have time to complete reading.

Nice one there, Originalsly.
Novels based on actual historical events are always a great read. You know the Godfather was also based on Puzo's experience with the five major crime families of New York? That's part of what makes a novel great, being rooted in reality.
Your rec is noted. Thank and keep lookin' up!

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Give your novels suggestions guys! Not just for me, but for the forum as a whole.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Lionhearted: 6:37am On Apr 06, 2020
Originalsly:

Thanks.

I am finding chromosome6 an interesting read.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by coolk(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2020
Depends on what kind of genre you like.
I'm an epic fantasy series fan; and I only read the absolute best.

My recommendation for you:
*Kingkiller Chronicles Series by Patrick Rothfuss*
Book 1 - The Name of the Wind.
Book 2 - The Wise Man's Fear
Book 3 - The Doors of Stone (unreleased)

I could list more, but I prefer not to leave you more undecided. Just start with this, and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 06, 2020
coolk:
Depends on what kind of genre you like.
I'm an epic fantasy series fan; and I only read the absolute best.

My recommendation for you:
*Kingkiller Chronicles Series by Patrick Rothfuss*
Book 1 - The Name of the Wind.
Book 2 - The Wise Man's Fear
Book 3 - The Doors of Stone (unreleased)

I could list more, but I prefer not to leave you more undecided. Just start with this, and thank me later.

Thanks bro coolk. Those amazing books are on my to buy list when next I buy books to ship to Nigeria. How did you get you own books?

Cheers bro.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Benee1000(m): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2020
Allan Quatermain
By
H. Rider Haggard

King Solomon's Mines
By
H. Rider Haggard

Warning: These books are highly addictive

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Lionhearted: 10:30am On Apr 06, 2020
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 06, 2020
Lionhearted:

I can the softcopy of 1 and 2 for you if you need it.

Thanks for the offer, Lionhearted. I don't enjoy ebooks of anything at all. Especially with our peculiar environmental challenges.
Hard copies are usually more expensive, but they give you a certain sort of satisfaction and accomplishment when you go through it.

Thanks for the offer again, and please extend it to any forum member who would take it.
Cheers and keep looking up.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Allaboutkatiee(f): 11:37am On Apr 06, 2020
mexican:
Hello
I would like people who read novels to recommend to me any excellent novels that they loved when they read it. I mean the type of novel you could not put down from start to finish.
Its needed to pass time during this period and occupy time during other periods when less busy. Recommendations should follow this format:
1. Title of novel and genre eg crime romance, fantasy, history etc
2. Where you bought it and price
3. Other novels you'll like to read and genre eg crime, romance, fantasy etc

I'll start
1. The Godfather by Mario Puzo (crime novel)
2. Ikeja, N1,000
3. The return of the godfather (crime novel)

Lothaire
Acheron
Comfort food
Maggys child
A rose in winter
The silver devil
Fear me
Return to Santa flores
Insidious
Master of the game

They are so many others.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Hustle2flex(m): 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
If you want to enjoy pure adventure stories,go and read 'THE HOBBIT' and THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy by JRR Toilken.
It is the greatest epic and adventure stories of our time and no book is even close.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hustle2flex:
If you want to enjoy pure adventure stories,go and read 'THE HOBBIT' and THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy by JRR Toilken.
It is the greatest epic and adventure stories of our time and no book is even close.

Hustle2flex, you're absolutely right. Literally nothing in the high fantasy genre comes close to LOTR series. I got it on Amazon, and have never regretted the purchase.
Where did you get yours in Nigeria?

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Hustle2flex(m): 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
I read the books from a local library 13yrs ago.i later downloaded the PDF files much later.If you read Silmarrilion,you will fully understand the how the whole story began.its a masterpiece.
mexican:

Hustle2flex, you're absolutely right. Literally nothing in the high fantasy genre comes close to LOTR series. I got it on Amazon, and have never regretted the purchase.
Where did you get yours in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by coolk(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2020
mexican:

Thanks bro coolk. Those amazing books are on my to buy list when next I buy books to ship to Nigeria. How did you get you own books?

Cheers bro.

I downloaded the e-book. I use a Tab, so it's kinda easier to read...
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 07, 2020
coolk:

I downloaded the e-book. I use a Tab, so it's kinda easier to read...

Did the glare of the screen not affect your eyes? I already spend a lot of time in front of a screen, so anything that will add to that screen time is usually avoided. Its why I just buy the hard copies. But I admire your reading with whats available. Thanks and keep looking up.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 07, 2020
Hmmm. Novels worth reading in one sitting:

1. Kane and Abel- Jeffrey Archer
2. Shogun- James Clavell
3. The Seven Minutes- Irving Wallace
4. When the Lion Feeds- Wilbur Smith
5. Uhuru- Robert Ruark
6. The Day of the Jackal- Frederick Forsythe
7. Dances with Wolves- Michael Blake
8. The Source- James A Michener
9. Roots- Alex Haley

And most of these books had equally great sequels.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by IamDavids: 3:10am On Apr 07, 2020
The Bottled Leopard - Chukwuemeka Ike

The Joys or Motherhood - Buchi Emecheta
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Hmmm. Novels worth reading in one sitting:

1. Kane and Abel- Jeffrey Archer
2. Shogun- James Clavell
3. The Seven Minutes- Irving Wallace
4. When the Lion Feeds- Wilbur Smith
5. Uhuru- Robert Ruark
6. The Day of the Jackal- Frederick Forsythe
7. Dances with Wolves- Michael Blake
8. The Source- James A Michener
9. Roots- Alex Haley

Noted RisenPhoenix. Thank you. Gracias
And most of these books had equally great sequels.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
IamDavids:
The Bottled Leopard - Chukwuemeka Ike

The Joys or Motherhood - Buchi Emecheta

Thanks bro. You remind me of The Bottled Leopard! That was the book when I was a child! Where can it be got now? There was also one book about a boy named Dave . can't recall exactly. Could someone please help out?

Thanks IamDavids. Kepp lookin' up.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by bigpicture001: 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
realokopi:
#Team
"James Hardley Chase" cool

Eve

Tiger by the tail

Double shuffle

Your dead without money

Hit and run

I'll bury my dead

Mallory

I read them all..about 84 titles or so....

They are the most amazing books to read..author is genius...
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by bigpicture001: 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Gaggi:
You guys remind me of when I was a reader. I recently picked up Omerta by Mario Puzo to re-read, I couldn't get past a few pages.
I've read everything from Hardy Chase to Chinua Achebe, to Chimamanda to Cyprian Ekwensi to Ayi kwe Armah.
Anyways, good novels to read include
Omerta, Fools Die and the Godfather series all by Mario Puzo.
Almost all Grisham Novels are good.
All Sydney Sheldon movies are spell binding.
Kain and Abel is also an excellent read. I've read so much that I hardly remember again.

I love your past
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by databoy247(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2020
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. angry

I'm currently reading Origins by Dan Brown.

Downloaded it somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2020
bigpicture001:

I love your past

Yeah, right? I've been trying to convince him to get back to his first love of reading, but I understand him when he says the stress of daily life preempts that. He's a good guy, he'll get back to it someday, perhaps if he starts getting important and interesting books to read.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
databoy247:
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. angry

I'm currently reading Origins by Dan Brown.

Downloaded it somewhere.

Yeah right. Ive been inspired going through the thread. Its amazing.

Dan Brown's books, I tend to avoid. I'm not a religious guy, but it seems the guy always tries to destroy christianity with each new book. The damage he did with DaVinci Code is incalculable, but it made some peoples faith stronger.

Keep reading bro.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2020
mexican:

Did the glare of the screen not affect your eyes? I already spend a lot of time in front of a screen, so anything that will add to that screen time is usually avoided. Its why I just buy the hard copies. But I admire your reading with whats available. Thanks and keep looking up.

Cheers!

There are some apps that dim the screen or remove the blue light. You can get them on google play. Or your reader app will probably have night mode. Though I agree that hardcopy books are more satisfying to read.

By the way, shouldn't this thread be on literature section?
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by talk2dre(m): 12:26am On Apr 08, 2020
I don't know if anyone can help me out.

When I was a kid, I read a novel about two villages. The two villages were battling for supremacy over each other. Then one village got to know of a tunnel that leads to a world of knowledge. They ended up sending some of their kinsmen there who later came back with great knowledge in different fields. Due to this new level of supremacy, they succeeded in subduing the other village.
So many pages of the novel (including the front and back pages) were already torn when I read it, and I don't know the title. I don't know if anyone have read a novel like that. I have asked around and no one seem to have read it. Αll I need is the title.

Please, kindly help out.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 08, 2020
Could someone please help out talk2dre??
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
bigpicture001:

Eve

Tiger by the tail

Double shuffle

Your dead without money

Hit and run

I'll bury my dead

Mallory

I read them all..about 84 titles or so....

They are the most amazing books to read..author is genius...

Thanks Bigpicture001. Rec noted.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by talk2dre(m): 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2020
mexican:
Could someone please help out talk2dre??

Thank you.

Still waiting for someone to help identify the novel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Of Eight Years Is Getting Married This Saturday / Upcoming Nigerian Singer King Nina Goes Naked From The Waist Up In New Photos / Nairalander Buys Roylse Royce Like Hushpuppi PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.