Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before (7277 Views)

Please help me recommend any authentic hookup site for runs girls / I Have No Job Or Talent But I Give Very Good Blowjobs - Female UNILAG Graduate / This Is The Most Mature And Beautiful Pre-wedding Photo You've Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
Hello
I would like people who read novels to recommend to me any excellent novels that they loved when they read it. I mean the type of novel you could not put down from start to finish.
Its needed to pass time during this period and occupy time during other periods when less busy. Recommendations should follow this format:
1. Title of novel and genre eg crime romance, fantasy, history etc
2. Where you bought it and price
3. Other novels you'll like to read and genre eg crime, romance, fantasy etc

I'll start
1. The Godfather by Mario Puzo (crime novel)
2. Ikeja, N1,000
3. The return of the godfather (crime novel)

5 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by CoronaVirusPro: 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ade our little naughty brother.

3 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 01, 2020
Thanks Corona. Nice one. Another I've read is:
1. Plum Island by Nelson DeMille(crime/historical)
2. Ikeja, N500
3. The General's Daughter by same author

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Lamanii22(f): 12:54am On Apr 01, 2020
No greater love by Danielle Steele
Johnny angel by Danielle Steele
A time to kill by john grisham
Naked came the stranger(can't remember the author)

I got them from a store not far from my house...

I probably got some for N300 and others N500..

Funny how I don't have them again... Neighbours would be like "please borrow me"... You'd feel reluctant to lend them.. After giving them, you'd give them like 5 days to finish it... When you eventually ask, they'd start saying " I'd bring it" "oh I forgot".... Til you stop asking...

The most painful novel I lost was " the twelve silver cups" my dad gave me that book... I was in primary 3 then, my senior asked for it, he said he was gonna return it the next day... As a kind girl I gave him... His friends were even telling me not to lend him I didn't listen... Til tomorrow ooo... He never returned it... I don't know if I'm ever gonna find it... All the stores I have checked so far don't have it...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Lamanii22(f): 12:55am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:
Hello
I would like people who read novels to recommend to me any excellent novels that they loved when they read it. I mean the type of novel you could not put down from start to finish.
Its needed to pass time during this period and occupy time during other periods when less busy. Recommendations should follow this format:
1. Title of novel
2. Where you bought it and price
3. Other novels you'll like to read cos you know they're good.

I'll start
1. The Godfather by Mario Puzo
2. Ikeja, N1,000
3. The return of the godfather

The godfather... Wow... It's the movie I watched...
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by bosman50(m): 1:04am On Apr 01, 2020
The Mexican : by Robert Westbrook
Schiphol International Airport, Amsterdam.
16.00 euros
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 01, 2020
Lamanii22:
No greater love by Danielle Steele
Johnny angel by Danielle Steele
A time to kill by john grisham
Naked came the stranger(can't remember the author)

I got them from a store not far from my house...

I probably got some for N300 and others N500..

Funny how I don't have them again... Neighbours would be like "please borrow me"... You'd feel reluctant to lend them.. After giving them, you'd give them like 5 days to finish it... When you eventually ask, they'd start saying " I'd bring it" "oh I forgot".... Til you stop asking...

The most painful novel I lost was " the twelve silver cups" my dad gave me that book... I was in primary 3 then, my senior asked for it, he said he was gonna return it the next day... As a kind girl I gave him... His friends were even telling me not to lend him I didn't listen... Til tomorrow ooo... He never returned it... I don't know if I'm ever gonna find it... All the stores I have checked so far don't have it...

Nice one Lamanii22. Amazing novels you got there. I found that reading expands the mind in very interesting ways. The twelve silver cups book, is it the one by Enid Blyton? If it is, it seems rare as even Amazon does not have it but BookDepository has it. I found it via a Google search. Costs only $7 throw in shipping you get maybe $10. I think you can buy it as a keepsake and for the good memories sake.

And yeah, as for lending people your books, Ive found it almost never ends well. If they like it, then they should go buy it themselves!

As for the Godfather, the movie is nothing compared to the book. The movie is like 2/100 while the book is 100/100. Best I've ever read.

Thanks for the recommendations.

And yeah, keep reading girl!

3 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Clirm: 1:19am On Apr 01, 2020
1. The Davinci Code 2. Angels and Demons both by Dan Brown. 2K gets you the two

5 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 01, 2020
bosman50:
The Mexican : by Robert Westbrook
Schiphol International Airport, Amsterdam.
16.00 euros

Haha Bosman50. Thats funny, especially considering my username. Haha. The Mexican. Is it a crime novel? Drugs, Cartels? How would you rate it over 100?

And yeah, keep reading!!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 01, 2020
Clirm:
1. The Davinci Code
2. Angels and Demons
both by Dan Brown.
2K gets you the two

Ha! Good memories! I tried getting the Davinci Code in those days. Was even begging a friend then who goes to the UK for holidays to get it for me that I'd reimburse him when he gets back. Dude never did.

I heard its an amazing book but it had a lot of historical and factual inaccuracies which were taken as truth by so many people, hence throwing away their faith. It is what it is.

I read the Angels and Demons novel and was not thoroughly impressed by it. I believe I bought it at Ikeja or so.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by bosman50(m): 1:30am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Haha Bosman50. Thats funny, especially considering my username. Haha. The Mexican. Is it a crime novel? Drugs, Cartels? How would you rate it over 100?

And yeah, keep reading!!

The story focuses on bullfighting, but also provides insight into Mexican culture
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by ValCon888: 1:51am On Apr 01, 2020
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick.
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keys
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by allytinted: 2:17am On Apr 01, 2020
Novel corona virus
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 01, 2020
ValCon888:
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Phillip K. Dick.
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keys
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
Nice one valcon888.
I learnt of war and peace and the Brothers Karamazov through Mario Puzos book, Fools Die, and went to download it. It's still in my system. I mean, only one of it is maybe 2000 pages of heavy.

Did you actually read it through? Maybe it will be my inspiration to actually get back to it.

Thanks, and yeah, keep reading!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 01, 2020
allytinted:
Novel corona virus

I will really appreciate if we kept this thread civilized and on point.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 01, 2020
#Team
"James Hardley Chase" cool

3 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:43am On Apr 01, 2020
1. Mafia Manager by V (crime / business management novel )
2. Iyana ipaja,#800
3. The king of Torts by John Grisham ( legal/suspense novel )
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Bluezy13(m): 4:48am On Apr 01, 2020
Hmmm...
If you are intensive reader who loves adventurous books with horrors

Dark Towers Series by Stephen Kings. Or any of his books.

My aged late neighbor, who used to see me read always, knowing he was going to die, gave me a gift...a set of novels. It's been years now.
In addition to Stephen Kings Series, others included...

ILL Wind by Doug Beason, Kevin J. Anderson science fiction about a pandemic oil spill.

The Truth Machine (1996) is a science fiction novel by James L. Halperin about a genius who out of sorrow, invents an infallible lie detector to test dishonesty in the world But he fell victim to his own very invention.

Surveillance.

The one that captivates me till today is the "DarkSword Series"
Specifically, the excerpt in the picture

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 01, 2020
Try reading James Hardley Chase novels during this stay at home.
They are mostly short, thrilling and didactic.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by OsewaBoy: 5:09am On Apr 01, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
Ade our little naughty brother.
[/s]
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 01, 2020
Crime and Punishment. By Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
One of the greatest writers to walk the face of this planet.

Don Quixote. By Miguel de Cervantes.

Middlemarch. By George Elliot.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Premiumwriter: 6:59am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Ha! Good memories! I tried getting the Davinci Code in those days. Was even begging a friend then who goes to the UK for holidays to get it for me that I'd reimburse him when he gets back. Dude never did.

I heard its an amazing book but it had a lot of historical and factual inaccuracies which were taken as truth by so many people, hence throwing away their faith. It is what it is.

I read the Angels and Demons novel and was not thoroughly impressed by it. I believe I bought it at Ikeja or so.
I think the history used for the da Vinci code is accurate. It's written in the beginning that all historical data are accurate and true if I can remember very well
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by ValCon888: 8:00am On Apr 01, 2020
mexican:

Nice one valcon888.
I learnt of war and peace and the Brothers Karamazov through Mario Puzos book, Fools Die, and went to download it. It's still in my system. I mean, only one of it is maybe 2000 pages of heavy.

Did you actually read it through? Maybe it will be my inspiration to actually get back to it.

Thanks, and yeah, keep reading!
Of course I read through. It's still one of my top 3 books of all time.
And yes it's around 2000 pages.
Other books I have that's a 1000+ pages include:
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
The Silmaril and other Stories by J.R R. Tolkien
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 01, 2020
The Concubine by Elechi Amadi is the greatest Novel I have ever read.

3 Likes

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 01, 2020
Ellipsoid:
Crime and Punishment. By Fyodor Dostoyevsky. One of the greatest writers to walk the face of this planet.

Don Quixote. By Miguel de Cervantes.

Middlemarch. By George Elliot.

Nice one Ellipsoid. I have don Quixote also but the English version is not as interesting as the Spanish. In the original Spanish, I heard it's the greatest piece of literature ever.

Crime and punishment. Ha! You got the right ideas. Thank you!!
And yeah, keep reading!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2020
J111333:
Try reading James Hardley Chase novels during this stay at home.
They are mostly short, thrilling and didactic.

Nice one J111333. Are JHC novels not mostly romance and crime? Not a fan of romance genre personally, but I can see the attraction to many readers.

And yeah, keep reading brother!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2020
Bluezy13:
Hmmm...
If you are intensive reader who loves adventurous books with horrors

Dark Towers Series by Stephen Kings. Or any of his books.

My aged late neighbor, who used to see me read always, knowing he was going to die, gave me a gift...a set of novels. It's been years now.
In addition to Stephen Kings Series, others included...

ILL Wind by Doug Beason, Kevin J. Anderson science fiction about a pandemic oil spill.

The Truth Machine (1996) is a science fiction novel by James L. Halperin about a genius who out of sorrow, invents an infallible lie detector to test dishonesty in the world But he fell victim to his own very invention.

Surveillance.

The one that captivates me till today is the "DarkSword Series"
Specifically, the excerpt in the picture

Ha! Another fellow Fantasy genre fan! You're my bro already. Haha. I love fantasy. The best I've read is the sword of truth trilogy. Richard and Kahlan! Good times.

Since you recommend it, I will see to the Dark Sword series.

Gracias and keep reading!

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 01, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:
1. Mafia Manager by V (crime / business management novel )
2. Iyana ipaja,#800
3. The king of Torts by John Grisham ( legal/suspense novel )

Ha John Grisham! What's up with him now? Never seen a new book of late from him. His books used to be more expensive than other novels. The seller will even tell you to take his price or get lost! Good books.

Will definitely seek your recommendation out.

And yeah, keep reading!
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Sotland: 8:50am On Apr 01, 2020
Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer.
Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
The october horse by colleen Macullough

I can't stop loving this novels

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Femzaremz(m): 9:00am On Apr 01, 2020
the harry potter series by j.k rowling v.c andrews the dollanganger series, rick riordan, the percy jackson series and most books by stephen king.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by Sheuns(m): 9:02am On Apr 01, 2020
The Art of War - Sun Tzu
Alexander the Great - Jacob Abott
Richest Man in Babylon - George Samuel Clason

I downloaded the books from Apple Books. I didn’t know where to get them physically.
Re: Please Recommend Any Very Good Novel You've Read Before by drmikeadams(m): 9:07am On Apr 01, 2020
grin grin try read "the masters of d game" by Sidney sheldon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

lol / I Always Feel The Urge To Have Sex! Is This Normal??? / Weird Things Guys Do Before They Orgasm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.