Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) - Phone/Internet Market (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) (12049 Views)

A Nairalander Testing His 100 Thousand Naira Ear Phone Water Resistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by rastaLivity: 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
damzyofficial23:

Thank you sir for they question you raised
1 no I picked it up and handed it straight to the hacker
2 I told the guy because it was the hacker that would fix it same time and this was his response was that “does he has to wait till I fix it before he get paid”
3 already answered that in 2
thank you sir
you're really shady, why take it to a hacker before paying him? Was that the agreement? You're scamming 8k; see your life

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by itswell10: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
Criminals everywhere. That's how a Nairalander scammed me years ago! Never trust a Nigerian you've never seen or has been vetted for!
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by rastaLivity: 4:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
The suppose engineer and the buyer might be the same person. That kind thing wink

11 Likes

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by wiseone28: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
Still scrolling to see where the guy will write his money has been paid

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Heineken(m): 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Almajiri1:

The offer is still open till 12 midnight. I only need consent.

This case fits perfectly into Ogun the god of technology. Iron/metal etc, one can't just escape Ogun. He embraces you daily.
hahahahah
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2020
Op investigate and send us his address.. we would handle the rest for you.. next time if you are waybilling to someone.. its either you are being paid first or you instruct the waybill services not to release your product until you have confirmed the wired alert. Simple.. Sbawa my man did that... I traded with him all the way from a Northern state to Lagos.. he waybilled the gaming system in exchange for my MacBook and some money.. and i paid him after confirming the gaming laptop.. also he had someone confirm my MacBook.. and wen we were in one accord.. i wired him the remaining balance and walked out with the gaming system like a free man...

Secondly.. i dealed with rakiticbarca who is in benue for another MacBook.. and i confirmed from some people and they claimed he is legit...so i wired my money down to his account... And the next two days.. i received my MacBook.. he was even the one that buzzed me that morning when the MacBook entered lagos.. on getting there the one that had my name on it.. I didn't like it.. i informed him.. thinking nothing can be done.. infact i was sad but accepted to carry the MacBook like that.. the guy called me and spoke to those people at the park and it was changed to another fresh MacBook... Me i was fùcking surprised.. I won't lie. Although i bought the MacBook with my money.. till Today i still thank the guy.. all I'm saying is some people have built trusted legacy here on Nairaland for businesses like this.... find them and do business with them..by God grace they won't fail you.. some even have legit pickers outside Nigeria and they pay those pickers and they still delivered..

Now who the fûck is that darmy guy or whatever his name his that he is scamming you . Sha u fúck up to deal with the guy.. u should have collected ur Money before waybilling or u tell the driver not to release the psp until u have confirmed payment

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by LadySarah: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:
]Use Escrow to transact business with Nairalanders. Most fraudsters on Nairaland are thriving due to the small amounts they defraud, which often makes the owner feel like the amount is too small to really do much reporting about it.

Imagine a fraudster defrauding 500 people of N2000...that's 1m

What's escrow and how does it work?
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by encryptjay(m): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
OP is a cool guy, the buyer just expected him to forget about the whole stuff but somehow, he managed to expose the buyer and he's here dilly dallying. Don't soil your name in the mud because of 8k. Your word should be your bond.
That engineer should be stay on his lane, could be an alternate account sef.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by hAlexandro(m): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yewandequeen:
. Exactly he broke the agreement and he is still acting like he didn't do anything wrong! That nauseates me to the marrow.

This issue is like buying all these London used items by the road side with no testing option available. Before[/b]the item is taken away, you will definitely [b]pay, and when u get home and see any fault u return back to seller or you take it out for fixing.

In this case the seller is far away, had it been both of you were in ilorin, you would have definitely paid him before you both departed, would you have asked him to follow you to repairer to run checks before you pay him?
But based on sellers kind heart he sent you the item and still paid the way bill, only for you @damzyofficial03 to hold him at unnecessary ransom that it has fault and needs to be fixed.

@damzyofficial03 you really messed up and ure not being sincere, we know this lockdown is a long duration and the the seller sold the item for quick cash, what's the point of him now selling it when he can't even receive the money as at when agreed? Definitely he would have planned for the money and you just ruined and acting as if you didn't do anything wrong.

You @damzyofficial03 have no right to hold his payment at ransom that it would only be paid after being fixed which is after the lockdown is over according to you.
If you don't wanna be dragged pay his money simple!
impressive

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by zotorux(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
Pascalville:
Op investigate and send us his address.. we would handle the rest for you.. next time if you are waybilling to someone.. its either you are being paid first or you instruct the waybill services not to release your product until you have confirmed the wired alert. Simple.. Sbawa my man did that... I traded with him all the way from a Northern state to Lagos.. he waybilled the gaming system in exchange for my MacBook and some money.. and i paid him after confirming the gaming laptop.. also he had someone confirm my MacBook.. and wen we were in one accord.. i wired him the remaining balance and walked out with the gaming system like a free man...

Secondly.. i dealed with rakiticbarca who is in benue for another MacBook.. and i confirmed from some people and they claimed he is legit...so i wired my money down to his account... And the next two days.. i received my MacBook.. he was even the one that buzzed me that morning when the MacBook entered lagos.. on getting there the one that had my name on it.. I didn't like it.. i informed him.. thinking nothing can be done.. infact i was sad but accepted to carry the MacBook like that.. the guy called me and spoke to those people at the park and it was changed to another fresh MacBook... Me i was fùcking surprised.. I won't lie. Although i bought the MacBook with my money.. till Today i still thank the guy.. all I'm saying is some people have built trusted legacy here on Nairaland for businesses like this.... find them and do business with them..by God grace they won't fail you.. some even have legit pickers outside Nigeria and they pay those pickers and they still delivered..

Now who the fûck is that darmy guy or whatever his name his that he is scamming you . Sha u fúck up to deal with the guy.. u should have collected ur Money before waybilling or u tell the driver not to release the psp until u have confirmed payment
These are good set of people
I was actually expecting the deal to go this way cuz of the way me and the guy vibed. Not knowing baba was just tryna use my head. I’m not expecting him to pay anymore tho, he’s clearly not interested in making the payment based on my observation.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by zotorux(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
encryptjay:
OP is a cool guy, the buyer just expected him to forget about the whole stuff but somehow, he managed to expose the buyer and he's here dilly dallying. Don't soil your name in the mud because of 8k. Your word should be your bond.
That engineer should be stay on his lane, could be an alternate account sef.
Yeah on whatsapp I already told him I leave him to God but waking up today one spirit just told me to create a thread on NL
I wasn’t even expecting him to come reply.
Only for him to come and start defending himself and asking me to settle.
Settle that you refused to settle since Monday.
Some people funny shaa.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by itzzkhaliii(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jaeis:

There's not enough to go round bro. You're gonna be alright.
Thanks a lot really appreciate the kind words..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by zotorux(m): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
wiseone28:
Still scrolling to see where the guy will write his money has been paid
Lol no stress bro
I don’t think he’s gonna pay anything.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by zotorux(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yewandequeen:
I went through the buyers profile and I could see he sells different used/second hand gadgets which I know were not used by him.

My conclusion is that

1) the buyer doesn't even have the 8k agreed on

2) he said he will only be able to make payments after he has collected the device which he is being hinder due to lockdown--gives him enough time to find buyer for the console

3) he intends to pay seller (that's if at all he wants to pay) after the device has been fixed and sold. The money for seller would be removed from his sale proceeed of the device to another customer.
This gotta be spot on.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Yewandequeen(f): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
rastaLivity:
The suppose engineer and the buyer might be the same person. That kind thing wink
you get.

The so called engineer that has no traces of such occupation on his profile and nothing to portray him as an engineer. Someone that comments/give contributions on NL no how you will know their kinda personality alongseide what they do and the area they live, you know things like that. But here nothing of such on theso called engineer comment history, he just came out of the blue to defend the accused. Mtcheeeeeww

The accused should just pay the seller his money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Yewandequeen(f): 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2020
zotorux:

This gotta be spot on.
I tell you, angry so angry at the whole issue ehn

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by wiseone28: 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
zotorux:

Lol no stress bro
I don’t think he’s gonna pay anything.
Take hrt in his mind he think he is wise..

When karma will show tomorrow he will blame his parents.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by itzzkhaliii(m): 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
doggedfighter:

You suddenly want to buy a new phone too?
Its not sudden ma,I have been planning just that I don't have enough cash to purchase a decent one,I am even after a second hand not new one and that's my plan.
my current phone has alot of issues I have flushed it for more than 4- times and don't know when next it will broke down.If you need prove surely I will provide ,its a Tecno Al86 2G network,the touch is not functioning well,I use earpiece to make a call the battery is not also helping matters.I also bought it second hand around Dec 2018 and since then I once changed the screen and the touch.Some time I have to go to a nearby WiFi to browse and it can go off at any moment.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by zotorux(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yewandequeen:
I tell you, angry so angry at the whole issue ehn
Lol no vex yeah?
Even me I’m not vexing again I’ve looked past it and the comments so far are just so soothing.
I can die cuz of 8k now. It was just painful at some point, I mean being played cuz of your loyalty and trust.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Yewandequeen(f): 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2020
zotorux:

Lol no vex yeah?
Even me I’m not vexing again I’ve looked past it and the comments so far are just so soothing.
I can die cuz of 8k now. It was just painful at some point, I mean being played cuz of your loyalty and trust.
don't mind me, I guess the thing got to me cos I am into business and I know how this kindda thing works and worst of all selling an item at a ridiculous price just cos of quick cash only to get disappointed. It's of great displeasure to go against one's codes and conduct only to get betrayed and then you feel like a fool afterwards.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Bankowner: 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2020
My first attempt to engage the services of a NLander didn’t end well but the good thing was I hadn’t parted with a dime. The young chap was so slick and convincing and at a time, I was the one asking for his bank details to make a part payment of the agreed fee.

I however decided to do some further background check and I got a little uncomfortable because he was informed immediately that I did the check. Dunno why, but he refused to honor a scheduled meeting thereafter.

Fast track to some three weeks ago, saw a thread for sale of children’s wears and I was interested. Chatted the op early hours of the morning and to my surprise, she responded within 10 minutes. My first concern was location, no way will I want to buy stuff that I’d have to pay for before delivery. Too many ugly stories/experiences on NL. To my pleasant surprise, I only needed to take a bus to the op’s location. She was also magnanimous enough to give the address.

So I went. I paid for the clothings I selected and she assured that she was getting more stock in a few days. We agreed she’d send photographs of the items via whatsapp and I’ll make my pick. She did and I immediately credited her account. I told her I’ll wait for more then she can cargo everything to me. New stock came again and I picked and transferred the money.

With the lockdown in Lagos looming, she promised the package will get to me by Monday 30th but her despatch agents didn’t want to come to my axis. I had already made up my mind that I wasn’t getting anything till after covid 19 was over. I however got a call later in the day from a man who said he was delivering the package and asked for direction. Guess who the gentleman is? THE OP’s HUSBAND! I was wowed!

When we met, I asked why he had to go out of his way. He said his wife had made a promise and it had to be kept. This is to confirm that there are still good people on Nairaland.

Chenypat, this is to you. Your bobo rocks too! Whenever covid 19 is over and new stock arrives, abeg do the usual. Apologies for the long epistle but it’s my first successful transaction on NL and I will loud it.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Makavelli25: 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
Op forward the guy number. Make i carry this matter go street
I hate it when guys dey flop deal

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
Makavelli25:
Op forward the guy number. Make i carry this matter go street
Op do this Drop the number here. Make we do am the street way. Check his picture on whatsapp and drop it here.
I do it all for free

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Yewandequeen(f): 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Makavelli25:
Op forward the guy number.
Make i carry this matter go street

0706 310 5226
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Yewandequeen(f): 6:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Onebottle:
Op do this
Drop the number here. Make we do am the street way.
Check his picture on whatsapp and drop it here.

I do it all for free
0706 310 5226

1 Like

Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by zotorux(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yewandequeen:
don't mind me, I guess the thing got to me cos I am into business and I know how this kindda thing works and worst of all selling an item at a ridiculous price just cos of quick cash only to get disappointed. It's of great displeasure to go against one's codes and conduct only to get betrayed and then you feel like a fool afterwards.

Yeah disheartening but we move ma’am.
Thank you for you support.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Yewandequeen(f): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
zotorux:

Yeah disheartening but we move ma’am.
Thank you for you support.
you are welcome
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Heineken(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yewandequeen:
0706 310 5226
lol mama Don vex. The guy effed up badly. Mama your legs fine o.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by zotorux(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Makavelli25:
Op forward the guy number.
Make i carry this matter go street

Okay.... I appreciate you guys coming through for me on this but Imma just leave it to God
Important thing is people who has seen this won’t fall victim of such again. So let’s tryna stay calm.
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Makavelli25: 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yewandequeen:
0706 310 5226
Is this the number
Are you op
Re: My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) by Yewandequeen(f): 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
Makavelli25:
Is this the number
Are you op

You can pick the no from the chat it's there via the screen shot he sent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Blackberry,iPhone,Samsung,Nokia,htc,Tablets & Phablets @ one2one! / Latest Yahoo Yahoo Boys Softwares And Apps For Beginners In Gee Boys Business / Used Blackberry Phones For Sale Straight From The Usa, Never Used In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.