Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28702 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 02, 2011
I guess the Nigerian Govt. s waiting for the bombings to come to Lagos before they take this crazy religious fanatics seriously!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Batubo(m): 1:17am On Jan 02, 2011
If they like, they should bomb everywhere in Nigeria,it is still Jonathan for president!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Akainzo(m): 2:00am On Jan 02, 2011
Batubo:

If they like, they should bomb everywhere in Nigeria,it is still Jonathan for president!

Typical of all do-or-die politicians! You don't care about others or what they suffer or what would be the effect on the country, so long as you get what you are desperate for? Shame on you all.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Holla2: 2:15am On Jan 02, 2011
Batubo:

and when everywhere in Nigeria is bombed, Jonathan would go succeed Gbagbo in C'dvoire while you become his special adviser on women affairs
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by isalegan2: 2:39am On Jan 02, 2011
engineerd:

I guess the Nigerian Govt. s waiting for the bombings to come to Lagos Onitsha Market before they take this crazy religious fanatics seriously!

Why hate what you don't understand? cheesy sad
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by eagleraise(m): 3:34am On Jan 02, 2011
Why NOT Just to the Door step of whom u want to Attack and Attack him or her and NOT innocent souls ,Eni toba Je GBI lo ma Ku GBI why Killin INNOCENT Souls ,Oga oo i tire oo o , So I am NOT Safe either ,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by HamidO1(m): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2011
Batubo:

Your door step is definately the next. Amen
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by tdough: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2011
this bombings av gotnotin to do wit mr presido, itz got notin to do christianz or muslimz. butbliv me,it has sumtin to do wit bad bele pple seeking to c d downfall of naija. but u kw wat: God passdem. they shall die in thier evil deedz.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by spicyhoney(f): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2011
Eziachi:

I take it then that those killed with their fish still in their mouth, will become vegetarian in the next life (if there are such thing)?
By the way, this is the Nigeria your fathers shedded so much of our Biafra blood in order to have, there is no point complaining now as you can't plant mango and reap pineapple. You got what they wanted, its a gift from a father to their children, so happy days. This is just the begining.

I can't believe am reading what u wrote above. So in your my MYOPIC MIND, because blood was shed during biafra war, then these killings are justified Are u so lame not to think that some of the victims might be Igbos Gosh ur post irritates me seriously.

For ur "This is just the beginning"; I hope u know the cliche that when u are pointing at someone, ur remaining fingers are pointing at u.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Gnexplore: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2011
Why all this name calling, religious insults!

I might be wrong, but we on this forum, and like many other Nigerians, are "ON OUR OWN" as regards our security in this contry, since the govt is obviously inefficient, incompetent and don't care!

So, will it not serves better that we BRAINSTORM ( profer ideas) on how we, our family and friends can avoid "6ft" via these bombings.

My idea, is that since they target crowded places like market, and majority of the bombings are in the afternoon and evening,one might consider shopping in the mornings, when there are few people in the markets. Atleast til after election!!!  "H***a Abatago Awka"

more ideas are welcome ,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2011
There is security failure and compromise with these devils in nigeria, gej shld reshufle the security chiefs because the plateau state gov'nor accepted getting pre-information of jos bombing, alerted the security units and made strategies to avert it but they refused. I will always say again and again, these devils live within where their preys are, the traditional rulers shld be made to answer. Don't expect gej to be in abuja and knw who is living in ur community, SECURITY STARTS WITH U AND ME, not the president, govnor, L.G chairman.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 10:51am On Jan 02, 2011
@ hamid 0, the way u talk makes me to suspect
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 10:52am On Jan 02, 2011
The bombing was by MEND.No sources yet but we will soon have one.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by spyder880(m): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2011
spicyhoney:

I can't believe am reading what u wrote above. So in your my MYOPIC MIND, because blood was shed during biafra war, then these killings are justified Are u so lame not to think that some of the victims might be Igbos Gosh your post irritates me seriously.

For your "This is just the beginning"; I hope u know the cliche that when u are pointing at someone, your remaining fingers are pointing at u.

Am surprised it even took this long for all these to happen, thats what you get for binding christians and murderers together. Biafra was a chance we all had as a people to seperate these unlike terms, but Yoruba and Ijaw chose to sell their souls to the devil, now we have to face the music. Igbos wont fight nobody, and if they are stupid enough to bomb ibo cities, reprisals will follow, just like before.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by flextyte: 11:46am On Jan 02, 2011
What is our country turning into? Iran,Iraq or Afghanistan. I think its high time the FG hires a Jack Bauer into this situation.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2011
Even a blind man should have known that the act wasn't carried out by Boko Haram or any pro-Northern group.It is as good as saying OPC bombed Lagos or MASSOB bombed Enugu market.Barracks are mostly occupied by Hausa muslims.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abagworo, write on a blog, copy and paste on n.l to serve as a link to confirm MEND are behind the attacks, for ur information sahara reporters has it that MEND has denied being responsible on the bombing.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2011
http://www.alsiyada.net/index.php?name=news&op=printe&id=974

31.12.2010 - Many dead in Nigeria market blast MEND claims responsibility ||

No fewer than 11 people were reported dead yesterday when a bomb blast hit the Mamm y Market of the Mogadishu Military Cantonment popularly known as Abacha Barracks in Abuja. Our reporters gathered that the blast occurred in the heart of the roasted fish section of the market at about 7 :30 pm, leaving three people dead on the spot. Our reporters saw three corpses being conveyed to the Asokoro General Hospital mortuary. Injured survivors were also moved there for medical attention. The bodies of a pregnant woman, a young man in his early twenties and another man who should be in his forties,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by spyder880(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abagworo:

Even a blind man should have known that the act wasn't carried out by Boko Haram or any pro-Northern group.It is as good as saying OPC bombed Lagos or MASSOB bombed Enugu market.Barracks are mostly occupied by Hausa muslims.

They said 'mammy market' used to sell things and patronized by alchohol drinking soldiers and civilians alike. Some muslims wont drink alchohol in the open.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by leopower(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
i dont it is a good thing to plant bomb in public place,to me it is just nigerian killing nigerians which is not best for us.God come to oUt aid
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
Another possibility is that an outsider is trying to destabilize Nigeria.From the description of the victims,the bombers are more fluent in English than an average Nigerian and are devoid of Nigerian accent.We might be busy accusing ourselves while the mischief makers are out there smiling.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abagworo, jos and abuja bomb composition are similar according to the just released report, an islamic sect has claim responsibility of the jos bombing. Pls abagworo, do MEND and this sect work together?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2011
Nsiman:

Abagworo, jos and abuja bomb composition are similar according to the just released report, an islamic sect has claim responsibility of the jos bombing. Pls abagworo, do MEND and this sect work together?

An Islamic sect has not claimed the Abuja Bombing but text message of claims by MEND has been circulated while MEND has as well denied today.What we are left with is uncertainty.I won't be surprised if FG withdraws its statement of trying to co-relate Jos bombing with Abuja.I earlier thought the same until it was revealed that no Church was bombed.

Some eye witnesses have admitted seeing the bombers and the analysis of their spoken English points more to West than Middle-East.They were also said not to have Nigerian accent.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by abrahym(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2011
Nigeria too wan turn to iraq? Every bomb blast
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ abagworo, smhow funny. This is why i say 'security starts btwen u and i', if they saw them, what did they think they were doing, planting bangas, a tree or what, why didn't they report to the security outfits?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by spyder880(m): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abagworo:

An Islamic sect has not claimed the Abuja Bombing but text message of claims by MEND has been circulated while MEND has as well denied today.What we are left with is uncertainty.I won't be surprised if FG withdraws its statement of trying to co-relate Jos bombing with Abuja.I earlier thought the same until it was revealed that no Church was bombed.

Some eye witnesses have admitted seeing the bombers and the analysis of their spoken English points more to West than Middle-East.They were also said not to have Nigerian accent.

Why are you trying desperately to excuse some people? Why jump the gun, wait for final reports before concluding, or are you afraid of the truth.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2011
spyder880:

Why are you trying desperately to excuse some people? Why jump the gun, wait for final reports before concluding, or are you afraid of the truth.

You should direct this at those that have been accusing others and not me.I say things the way they are.You will still be here as a witness when the results pour out like the October bombings.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ abagworo, i googled 'group claim responsibility of new year eve abuja bombing' but it is littered everywhere that MEND has denied being responsible. Pls try again.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by 9ijaMan: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abagworo:

I also received some mails of the text messages warning people about the Mogadishu Barracks bomb. A friend who received the text message shared it via email.

spyder880:

You are blaming him for the very same thing Mr. President did when he came out, after almost 2 days of inaction, to tacitly announce that the bombs in Jos and Mogadishu are similar. We all know that a religious sect claimed the responsibility for the horrible act in Jos, hence it doesn't require rocket science for one to figure out what our dear president was alluding to.

Once again, our Mr. President has rushed into conclusion. It took him almost 4 months to finally confirm that MEND was behind the October 1 bombing in Abuja.

In 2 days Niboro and his boss have  more or less disagreed over Al-Jazeera's purported plan to distabilize 9ja.

We'll keep watching as events unfold.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by nduchucks: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2011
bagworo has a point. MEND is the culprit. The President now seems to be admitting that MEND is responsible for the Abuja bombing, contrary to his earlier statement.  We know that they arrested MEND operatives for the Oct 1. bombing after publicly claiming that MEND did not do it. He has repeated the same blunder again.

This president needs to sack all his handlers. How can he tell us that the bombing was religious based yesterday and within 24 hours say that it was carried out by the Oct 1, bombers aka MEND? This incompetence is embarassing.

PRELIMINARY analysis into the New Year’s Eve bomb blast in Abuja which killed more than 20 people has shown that it is identical to the recent ones in Jos, Plateau State.

President Goodluck Jonathan who revealed this Saturday said recent bomb blast in the country starting from the 1st October has been classified and from the preliminary analysis carried out so far they bear resemblance with the ones that happened in Jos.
The classification, the president further said, has helped to narrow down the probable direction the attack is coming from and this he also said would help the security operatives to get those behind the attacks.

Source:  http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/23490.html

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2011
What will Atiku not do to over come gej? If u still insist that MEND are behind the new year eve abuja bombing without, so be it, it is a warning
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2011
as i read this thread i even observe so many point of view which might be wrong or wright and we cant conclude on one but assuming everywhere was on its own>north will know this is religious, seast & ssouth>will hold hold bombers and kidnappers Swest>will go 4
Am i ? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Otoge rally Takes Over Ilorin / Osasu Igbinedion, Nigerians Mock Buhari For Endorsing Ganduje Despite Scandal / Charles Idahosa: Igbos Don’t Deserve Presidency In 2023, They Will Get VP Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.