Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,500 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet (55802 Views)

Indonesians Who Don't Wear Face-Masks Are Made To Lie In Coffins By Police (Pix) / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Sufisunni: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is the brain behind Nigerians response to this virus ....but he is not praised because of where he is from ...

Nna keep doing your work ...we appreciate you
he was appointed by the man his tribal people hated most

2 Likes

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by stevio(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
We will listen to him,atleast he has so much to offer,what do you have to offer grin?
sapientia:
Very misleading.

Imagine telling us at his level that only infected people and medical personnel should wear it but your members do.

Yet, you guys are working on a mask policy.

Very irresponsible answer from a responsible fellow.

Please, always wear your masks when leaving your house.

Don't listen to this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Obere4u: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is the brain behind Nigerians response to this virus ....but he is not praised because of where he is from ...

Nna keep doing your work ...we appreciate you

Someone PMB praise personally in his last national broadcast
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
NairaMaster1:

Telling people to be infected before wearing masks is brain?

He, that has not tested up to 300 Nigerians, how can he know who has and who doesn't have?

This is not a Matter for sentiments. He's my brother but as a health professional, I totally disagree with him sir.

The WHO has since made U-turn on the no infection no masks.
Oga he was selected by WHO to study the in China no one knows more about this virus in Nigeria than him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
Queseda:

But Buhari gets the blame if the virus goes viral like you have wished, but your kinsman gets the glory when things don't go out of hand. You guys are eternally damned!
U praise Lagos governor even tho he has done nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
nnadychuks:
You should no longer see or identify yourself solely as a member of a tribe, but as a citizen of a nation of one people working toward a common purpose.
Lol I was a one Nigerian preacher ... Every one knew me here ...but truth is we are never Nigerians ...we are igbos,ijaws ,efik , anag and the rest just fooling ourselves in this name called Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by iswallker(m): 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
tunize:

That guy gave a perfect answer u sure sey u understand waitn u read?? U don't enforce some certain things on ppl especially wearing of mask wen it is not readily available, even the govt itself did not even provide any enough for its citizens. And before u ask me weda na govt wan give ppl face mask note that these masks are disposable,and traders of it now use it as a medium to start cashing out which makes it now expensive of which u and i know that not everybody can afford it like buy am #200 or #300 then use am one troway.

We are talking about the head of an infectious disease agency here.. Not any random person o the street... undecided

I shoikd ask of you understand what you read.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by kindnyce(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
Miracle1991:
why are you guys so tribalistic. Everything about igbo Man is tribe tribe tribe. But the funny part is many of them don't stay in their region. They depends on other tribes to sell their market.

I tire oooo
During Ebola crisis, Professor Abdusalamu Nasidi, who was the pioneer Chair of NCDC, and one of the leading Brian behind the establishment of the center took center stage in the fight.nobody made a noise coa he was a northerner.

6 Likes

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
Duru9:

If they had known that his department will blow like this they for don replace him since
Now nobody is mentioning the NCDC chairman name

God will protect him
Amen

Now... He is mentioned.... Whether air, land, sea, forest.. and living things.. like it or not... History will have it in its records... Keep on Keeping on..

Son of the Soil...
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
am4truth:

Honestly, you need to have a change of mindset. Why is it that some of our kingmens from the east have this inferiority mindset?
Are you aware that he went for training in China in the midst of this pandemic? Did he used his own money to go?
I heard it when he was praised by the President himself? What else do you want?
What do you want to gain from this?
Bros I was worse than u ...very soon u go learn ...u probably Lagos born n raised u go learn soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
isaacsegun:

You guys have problem I swear! must everything be about tribe? the same way your ancestors brought this tribalism agenda to the alartness of other ethics group in the country that we are still dealing with till today.
Dealing with people better than you ?
Saying the truth is now tribalism right ?
The country u guys are running we have seen how far

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by foreshore(m): 12:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
agwom:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-why-i-dont-wear-face-mask-ncdc-dg.html

His bank account too will have been over bloated by now courtesy of covid19 donation and government funds
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by iswallker(m): 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga he was selected by WHO to study the in China no one knows more about this virus in Nigeria than him

Google is your friend my friend - you don't need to go to China to know you need a mask... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
sanusi44z:
You ppl(Ibo) suffer from inferiority complex. U celebrate and boast of anything. If na u be President or Vp, we no go rest for this country. Reason why no one wanna trust u with anything.

Una no well at all
And we have seen how u people are leading the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2020
iswallker:

Google is your friend my friend - you don't need to go to China to know you need a mask... undecided
Google can't replace an authority ...or expect he is an expert if he is wrong he would have been infected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mrvitalis(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
Sufisunni:
he was appointed by the man his tribal people hated most
Because they needed the best ...and he was the best it's a matter of life n death just like his pilot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Boyooosa(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
But it was not necessary for you guys to think about what people will eat for fourteen days before your boss announced the lockdown...and no be you advise am again?
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Monday60655(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
Well said I just pity gullible Nigerians who think that nose mask is for everyone.
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by LabDNA: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
Miracle1991:
why are you guys so tribalistic. Everything about igbo Man is tribe tribe tribe. But the funny part is many of them don't stay in their region. They depends on other tribes to sell their market.

Stop deceiving yourself, it is the reality of what we face today. Your president is the chief tribalist and nepotist and why you have his likes in power, it is simply natural to elicit tribal and ethnic tensions in the polity.

So keep shut, tackle the matter from the root and stop being blind to the the truth..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by abnot: 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol they knew...this is one of the key position u can't give anyhow if not many would die ..so they look for the best ...which most times it's Igbo
Na their way
The former DG (Abdul Nasidi) was equally effective and was far more experienced Than chikwe . He led the Ebola containment team as well as the Lassa fever outbreak. But he was appointed by GEJ. Two years after buhari came in he effected a change in leadership across all the health agencies . It’s not a position that you give to a politician.

4 Likes

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Sufisunni: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

Because they needed the best ...and he was the best it's a matter of life n death just like his pilot
He was appointed as far back as 2016, when no one had thought of covid-19. Many had held that position before.

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by MrUnder: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
masterP042:
Our medical professionals are trying.

So what is your own contribution.

What have you done to contain the virus

Do you believe in the workings of miracles?

Do you believe that by the name of Jesus miracles could happen?

If your answer is yes, what is keeping you from performing miracles to get people well, and for the pandemic to stop?

those men in the picture you posted have records of miracles done by God through them.

Most of them have contributed materially towards containing the virus

If you are a Christian, mark 16:16 says " This signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall........ lay hands on the sick and they will recover.

So I ask again what is your own contribution?
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by bigtt76(f): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2020
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Reference(m): 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
Seun:
With this attitude, he could be the next Boris Johnson. But I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Boris contacted Covid before the lockdown when he went around hospitals shaking and embracing the sick openly and laughing off the consequences. That was foolish.

But what this man is saying is right and I will add this. Making masks mandatory may give a false sense of security and lead to carelessness in other critical sanitary practices.

However it maybe the only route out of lockdown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Yankee101: 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
Looks like a guy guy man

Coro no sabi fine boy

Cover your face and save your family
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
PHIPEX:
When you gat to rural areas you will realise that face mask is a luxury.
Again the availability or not of the mask isn't a justification for those who have not to take precautionary measure
Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by adslipps: 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
No need for face mask because what we are treating here is malaria and typhoid not coronavirus. When the real coronavirus enters Nigeria he will wear the mask by force.

1 Like

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mvem(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
Duru9:

If they had known that his department will blow like this they for don replace him since
Now nobody is mentioning the NCDC chairman name

God will protect him
Amen
he was there during Ebola and lassa fever... He is well known before now and hails from Imo state with a German mother

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet by mvem(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
sapientia:
Very misleading.

Imagine telling us at his level that only infected people and medical personnel should wear it but your members do.

Yet, you guys are working on a mask policy.

Very irresponsible answer from a responsible fellow.

Please, always wear your masks when leaving your house.

Don't listen to this man
you are ignorant...what he says is exactly the views and advise of WHO. The mask wearing is a controversial one and only 2 days did Trump approve it for US though Trump said he won't wear one...WHO says the mask wearing should be done by only the infected and health workers but others had different interpretation. Infact initially it was said Mask has no advantage at all....this guy is the best epidemiologist in Nigeria and you are telling him he is saying rubbish because you know more than him...he was one of the selected few that was part of the WHO delegation that went to China to carry out firsthand analysis

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Baby Foods And Recipes (weaning And Solids For 6m+) / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / How Under-graduate Died During Abortion(pictured)- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.