Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,124 members, 7,863,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line (32558 Views)

Anybody Having Delay With Shipment With Grimaldi Shilling Line? / Grimaldi Destruction. / Update: issue with Autoelectng resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by owo4mii(m): 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
sultaan:
Did you just infer that Nigerian system still uses Telex!

They took away fax machines from our office years ago.

Yes, we still use Telex here in Nigeria at the shipping company for release of vehicles in place of Original Bill of Lading.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by tempex88(m): 8:27am On Jun 03, 2020
This is to the man that wants to do 2013 highlander 1.4m. hope you are open to the owner that you are not getting the 850k surface valuation from customs. The minimum surface valuation for. 2013 highlander is 1.2m. no one can clear that car genuinely for less than 1.8m with the 360 exchange rate.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Yemi1119: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hello everyone, so i have a car on lapis Arrow and i have been following this conversation for a while.

Firstly, i will like to say that grimaldi is most useless shipping company ever and their customer care representative are the most clueless set of people ever. They are always passing wrong information. Right now i don't even know where my car is and it's annoying that they can't even provide any reliable information regarding it. At first, the tracking site was showing that the car will come with grande Senegal and i place a call through those stupid agent to confirm and they assured me that its coming via grande Senegal both on telephone conversation and via email. Grande Senegal came and left, nothing was updated on the site. I put a call through again, they said i shouldn't worry that it came with grande Senegal, waited for a week and had to even give my agent some money to start the clearing process. On Monday i had to call and send a mail again, they were now say it was loaded on Grande Nigeria and that i should hold on till on the 11th for it to berth, this was also confirmed via email. Not until this afternoon that i decided to track again, then i found that it has been updated as per the attached. The tracking site is now showing that the car is coming via Republica del brasile, i was mad and had to call the agents again and low and behold, the agent repeated the same thing that the car is coming via Republica del brasile. This is absolute nonsense and it's so painful that we are taking this thing to be normal. We paid for this service, it's not free, so i see no reason why they should be doing all these. Since March 2020 for God's sake and now we are in June. I really wish that i have the financial capacity and the might to sue them.

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Abdomox: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
Good day all. For a car on Hoegh Singapore that has been valued and duty paid, will there be need for a revised valuation?
Having an issue with my Agent on this. Please advise
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Abdomox:
Good day all. For a car on Hoegh Singapore that has been valued and duty paid, will there be need for a revised valuation?
Having an issue with my Agent on this. Please advise
Yes there is,I had to pay up.
Two of my friends almost punched their agents,I had to come in to explain further before they agree grin
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Imoabung: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
dannybrasky:

Two of my friends almost punched their agents,I had to come in to explain further before they agree grin

Is this based on the exchange rate that was changed or on what basis please?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Imoabung:

Is this based on the exchange rate that was changed or on what basis please?
Yes!! based on the exchange rate that was changed.
I wouldn't believe my agent as well if I didn't read it online, ( on Nairaland).
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Abdomox: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
dannybrasky:

Many thanks. Do you have an idea if the vessel has been offloaded?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Abdomox: 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
dannybrasky:

Yes!! based on the exchange rate that was changed.
I wouldn't believe my agent as well if I didn't read it online, ( on Nairaland).

Oh. How was the differential calculated? New rate minus Old rate x dollar valuation right?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
Abdomox:

Still offloading,info from my clearing agent.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
Abdomox:

Oh. How was the differential calculated? New rate minus Old rate x dollar valuation right?
No idea on that honestly.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Imoabung: 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
dannybrasky:

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Eattah(m): 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
Abdomox:

Mine has been discharged
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
Eattah:

Mine has been discharged
today?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by tosheeba(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
Abdomox:

Sorry sir if I may ask , what year is your vehicle and how much have you given him for the clearing as at when he started the process , that will let us know the different , how much were you charged cos I dnt know if he charged you based on normal compromise value from Valuation or below the Value, we work with different system as a clearing agent sir.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Eattah(m): 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
ayubaski:

today?
Yes
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by sabcurr: 2:59am On Jun 04, 2020
Pls

Does anyone or agent here know, how much will clear a 2013 LEXUS Gx460 for a Compromise valuation based on the current exch rate? This is urgent.

Thank you

tempex88:
This is to the man that wants to do 2013 highlander 1.4m. hope you are open to the owner that you are not getting the 850k surface valuation from customs. The minimum surface valuation for. 2013 highlander is 1.2m. no one can clear that car genuinely for less than 1.8m with the 360 exchange rate.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Bammy2244: 6:27am On Jun 04, 2020
Am still waiting for my own too...hope they will finish today
ayubaski:

today?

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by pstfrancis(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2020
Bammy2244:
Am still waiting for my own too...hope they will finish today

The vessel is suppose to depart tomorrow
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Bammy2244: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2020
Ok boss thanks
pstfrancis:

The vessel is suppose to depart tomorrow
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Oneplus: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please can you explain to me the meaning of this revised valuation. Thank

dannybrasky:

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 1:13am On Jun 05, 2020
Oneplus:
Please can you explain to me the meaning of this revised valuation. Thank

Link below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ncbn.ng/2020/04/24/new-order-cbn-raises-exchange-rate-for-cargo-imports-326-361/amp/
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fatherofone: 1:25am On Jun 05, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please I have a car on grande Senegal that was quarantined in Cotonou for over 3 weeks. Which vessel is bringing the cargoes into Nigeria and any date to arrive Nigeria ?
Please help
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Abdomox: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2020
Please what's total duty charge for 2015 Benz C300 4Matic on Grimaldi Line
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by opaclem: 9:07am On Jun 05, 2020
Learnt Grimaldi has abandoned offloading Hoegh Singapore since yesterday till Grande Cotonou depart tomorrow. I was told Hoegh Singapore is not Grimaldi direct vessel. Can someone confirm this pls?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 9:23am On Jun 05, 2020
opaclem:
Learnt Grimaldi has abandoned offloading Hoegh Singapore since yesterday till Grande Cotonou depart tomorrow. I was told Hoegh Singapore is not Grimaldi direct vessel. Can someone confirm this pls?
no wonder my tracking as not read discharge uptill now, the sailing date as been extend to 6th june
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by pstfrancis(m): 9:30am On Jun 05, 2020
Mine was discharged yesterday. Thank God
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ayubaski: 9:35am On Jun 05, 2020
pstfrancis:
Mine was discharged yesterday. Thank God
congrats oo, it cant sha leave without discharge all cargoes, that very certain
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fatherofone: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please I have a car on grande Senegal that was quarantined in Cotonou for over 3 weeks. Which vessel is bringing the cargoes into Nigeria and any date to arrive Nigeria ?
Please help
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by ponnke4u(m): 11:09am On Jun 05, 2020
Good morning all, please can agents here help me. How much can I use to clear Camry 08 from custom.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by calculusx(m): 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
• Breaking News...

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by owo4mii(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2020
ponnke4u:
Good morning all, please can agents here help me. How much can I use to clear Camry 08 from custom.

With #600, you are good to go for the clearing and you receive your car Infront of the port once it's out or logistics/transportation based on your Terms and Conditions.

Feel free to get in touch with my lines for more details

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Transformation Of Mercedes Benz Logo: The Best Or Nothing / Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.