Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets (59858 Views)

Bashir El-Rufai Apologises For APC Woeful Performance In Kaduna / Bello El-Rufai 'Gang Rape' Tweet: Oby Ezekwesili Cautions El-Rufai's Son / Kaduna Killings: El-Rufai Apologises For Government's Failure To Protect Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Jimmyubah2: 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
F*ck his apology.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by athaboi(f): 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
DonMustafa:
This El Rufai son is senseless. His father is fighting for his life against covid 19. If anything happens to his father, the last memory the father will have of him is that the son wants to gang rape someone's mother.
my dear, the father will be proud of this memory bcoz he raised him this way

1 Like

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by madridsta007(m): 6:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
ddippset:
Just like

Ibos never stop loving money rituals

Yoruba never stop being cowards

Edos never stop prostitution

Hausas as never stop religious fanatism

Stereotyping is so easy.

Oga, I am only paraphrasing Nasir El Rufai.
I think we should give him his due and respect the boldness in saying this statement.

That he hasn’t apologised nor withdrawn his statement means that, unless we want to deceive ourselves, we should take it serious. I think he is a bold man and I respect boldness.

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by goaldynman(m): 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
That boy called Seunmsg abi what does he call himself, should also come here to apologise for defending the indefensible!!
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Blessedhand(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
We have to be very careful of what we say ,
Because we are the leaders of tomorrow
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
Internet never forgets bro it will hurt forever. When the day comes that you leave the country, we will bring this up in a society that will not tolerate such nonsense where people take responsibility for their actions.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by mechanics(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
Better.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by thunderbabs: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
The spoilt brat should shut the Bleep up with the concocted apology that isn't frim his heart.

And he shiuld apologize to me personally for his bad behaviour on twitter. That boi is so spoilt a brat and decaying
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Bobbyfreshhh: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
nokatakata:
Good he apologised..but he never mentioned rape as the ipod miscreants painted it.

So passing your mum to my friends ,is okay by you

Anyway thanks I hope I won't be hearing any bismillah ,illila insha Allah sounds
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
davidque:
This apology is a little too late. Apologies are made shortly after the mistakes are made not after you have allowed a barrage of condemnation before appearing remoserful. He was clearly forced to tender this apology

In what book did you read that?

Apologies are made as soon as you realize that you have erred, not as soon as you make a mistake. How can you make apologies when you are not sure that you have made a mistake in the first place?

So, even if it is after two months that you realized that you have erred, apologies are still allowed.

The essence of apologies is to say you have realized your mistakes. And realizing your mistakes does not have to come immediately after you make it.

Sometimes, you need many people to tell you that you have erred, and you need yourself to look at the issue from many angles to reach the conclusion that you have indeed erred.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by festacman(m): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You should never judge one based on a single tweet. A lot of emotions influence our decision. It is not possible for a person to be mannered all the time. Imagine judging Moses based on some of his outbursts, forgetting that Moses was not always angry. Or calling Jesus Christ a violent person based on the single story of using a whip in the temple. Tell me, are you always cool at all times?

As earlier written, Bello's two tweets are not enough to judge him by. Everyone has ego, and there are sometimes when in the heat of the moment, you might unwittingly disrespect an elderly person.

I don't know you, but it would be unfair for me to judge you as having anger issues simply because I happen to come on a certain post of yours were you were engaging someone angrily. We all have our anger moments, and we all have our peaceful moments. It is wrong to judge people based on their anger moments alone. In reality, Bello may even turn out to be better than many of the people judging him.

We are all intolerant in one way or the other. No one is a saint. Many of the people who call Buhari unprintable names cannot stand it if anyone insults their own fathers. For example, a Christian who is an Oyedepo zombie calling someone a zombie for always defending Buhari. He forgets how he is also always defending Oyedepo.

No matter how educated anyone is, you can never be in control of your emotions at all times. And when we get angry, we say things to hurt the other person. Bello is not a disgrace to any young Nigerian. If we are to begin to judge the young Nigerians, then you will understand that many young Nigerians are already a disgrace unto themselves. It is not because of Bello that we have able-bodied Nigerians getting apprehended right, left, and centre for dealing in hard drugs, even in obscure Asian countries. The name Nigeria is viewed with suspicion in many countries of the world, and it is not because of Bello.

How many of our politicians have this supposed tact and sagacity? Even the most powerful political figure on earth, Donald Trump, lacks tact and sagacity, but it has never stopped our youth from worshiping him.

Since you know this, why then did you judge the young man so harshly?

The fact it took Bello El-Rufai 6 days to apologize says a lot more than my deductions about about him. I am sure that apology is a product of several days of appeals, preaching, counselling and perhaps coercion. He hurt her mother's literary and charity interests by his sense of pride and unnecessary grandstanding. Somebody like me could have apologised shortly after my mother did to save her face.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by odigiri1983(m): 6:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
DonMustafa:
This El Rufai son is senseless. His father is fighting for his life against covid 19. If anything happens to his father, the last memory the father will have of him is that the son wants to gang rape someone's mother.

Deep!!
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by slivertongue: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bobbyfreshhh:
Seunmsg
Corinthians

See how helpless this kid made you lots look
After justifying the tweet ,your principal has finally tendered an apology

seunmsg's comment surprised me, I had expected him to distance himself from sexual crime but he supported bello. kai !!

1 Like

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Bobbyfreshhh: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
peepydelano:
keep ranting all you can, it can't stop us from rulling over you stupid nyamris.Keep toiling down there while we continue to control and grab the country at the right places and right times.There can never be two masters,there will always be the labourers and the slaves.

What are you on about You've ruled for more than 40 years combined,yet the north is till the way it is ,

aren't you ashamed of a region plunged in insurgency, banditry ,almajirancy,child marriage .a region devastated by terrorism, massive poverty I pity you if after 40 years of ruling this country that is all you could come up with

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by festacman(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
nokatakata:

Please explain how it is gang rape. He called the guys mother a LovePeddler and said he'll sleep with her and pass her to his friends. He didn't mention rape. Guys carry prostitutes , sleep with them and pass them to their friends, that way she is getting extra money. That's Bleep not gang rape. There was no where in the comment where he said 'I will rape your mother and pass her to my friends ' or I will sleep with your mother and forcefully pass her to my firends'

That's why any journalist who foolis.hly decides to go and publish the story with the headline and storyline that he threatened to rape or gang rape someone's mother stands to risk of losing their job and being sued. How many reputable houses did you see publishing the story with rape or gang rape headline.

You guys are always too emotional and never use common sense. When you go about looking for trouble, you throw caution to the wind and say anything you like, but when you get served , ya'll start crying and playing victims and act mischievous to twist things to favour you.

Is that man's mother a prostitute? How would Bello El-Rufai feel if somebody said the same about his mother. Remember it an insult directed at his father after he insulted President Trump that caused the who brouhaha. His choice of words is poor and can't be defended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
festacman:

The fact it took Bello El-Rufai 6 days to apologize says a lot more than my deductions about about him. I am sure that apology is a product of several days of appeals, preaching, counselling and perhaps coercion. He hurt her mother's literary and charity interests by his sense of pride and unnecessary grandstanding. Somebody like me could have apologised shortly after my mother did to save her face.

It is still not enough to judge the man.

The guy to whom Bello directed his invective could have handled his first response well. But he had to disparage Bello by calling him Daddy's boy. What is wrong in wording his tweet with maturity?

Bello was obviously hurt by that tweet. He is a human being after all.

In Nigeria, we find it very easy to bully politicians and their sons. We call their dads unprintable names from bigot to dullard. But as soon as they fire back, we judge them harshly.

The other guy needs to apologize too for calling Bello a Daddy's boy.

If he had any problem with Bello's tweets about Trump, there are ways he could have gone about it without disparaging Bello's personality.

Calling someone a Daddy's boy is disparaging. It had nothing to do with Bello's tweets on Trump. It was just a personal attack on Bello.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Ykc2(m): 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
A person who is not even from igbo land insulted you but you unleash your dragon upon all igbo people ,may quota system remains in the north

2 Likes

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Finemanas(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
Those who acknowledge their mistake and apologize are good people
Apology accepted
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by adabaraabdul: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
It is left to God to decide if his apology is fake or not. The gentle man has done the proper thing expected of him. It takes a strong man to do what he has done.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by olufemi7onifade: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
It took time and intervention for his beautiful mother to apologise, same as the son. A journalist have to lose his job for this. These is the true representation of the El-Rufai Family. His right to tweet should have been under supervision since 3years ago when his Father reprimanded one of his Twitter brouhaha.

Your Apology is accepted but we will not forget as these is the 3rd time you are doing this.

We know where to place your family in the feature.

Pls recall and compensate the journalist.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by Kingrefreshed: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
fergie006:
So there was an exchange on Twitter some days ago, someone called Bello El-Rufai Daddy's boy and he assumed the person was Igbo and threatened to rape the person's mother.

He has apologised.

https://twitter.com/B_ELRUFAI/status/1251149635395088384?s=19

Nigerian Keyboard warriors association (Nairaland chapter)

Fuel is now 12.6 dollar per barrel thats about 27 naira a litre now.

Can we protest for the first time in our lives?? Lets use this time ,join forces together and make our voices heard.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by naturefellow(m): 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
Subduer:

Must be ACCEPTED, nonetheless.
that's the definition of audio acceptance/forgiveness cheesy

We both know that he wouldn't have issued the apology if there was no public outrage about his message which is a true reflection of his moral bankruptcy. Also, that wasn't a slip. It would easily play out again, maybe, not on twitter. You don't have to be a psychologist to know this.

Even I, as bad as a dialogue gets, can never go as low as to drag someone's mother, even if my own mum is dragged, let alone being Sexual about it.

The apology is only a formality. And BTW, it feels like something crafted by a media aid. It's not heartfelt.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by festacman(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

The guy to whom Bello directed his invective could have handled his first response well. But he had to disparage Bello by calling him Daddy's boy. What is wrong in wording his tweet with maturity?

In Nigeria, we find it very easy to bully politicians and their sons. We call their dads unprintable names from bigot to dullard. But as soon as they fire back, we judge them harshly.

If he had any problem with Bello's tweets about Trump, there are ways he could have gone about it without disparaging Bello's personality.

Calling someone a Daddy's boy is disparaging. It had nothing to do with Bello's tweets on Trump. It was just a personal attack on Bello.

First, it is better to be called "Daddy's boy" than a "bastard". I would have expected Bello to take that on his chin as a compliment even if it was left-handed as well as telling off the man to go look for his own daddy.

2. The irony in all of this is that Bello ended up making that man unnecessarily famous. Believe me, asking the man to apologize suits well as it will further boost his popularity.

The truth is that Bello punched far below his weight in this.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by olufemi7onifade: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You should be ashamed of your comments. You can't even garner a like, even one from you. We are truly a cursed nation.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by wasi9ice: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
Forget,, that apology was not from his heart, he was probably talked into it..

A proud person is a proud person ,l know them plenty

1 Like

Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by sfinkzslot(m): 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
This is surreal
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by StreetFight: 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
DoreJoe:
This looks fake to me. My opinion shall

He does not care what you think. He just did it for the records, not for your care.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by StreetFight: 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
ALCOHOLKILLS:
fake. That guy is unapologetic

There is nothing to apologise for. He just allowed himself to be bullied into apologising over nothing. There is nowhere in his statement that he explicitly stated raping anyone. But since he is an illitrate Almajari with just a certificate who have only partial understanding of English language, he allowed himself to be bullied into apologising over nothing.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by timibare(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
That boy is spoilt
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by StreetFight: 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
[quote author=SimpIyIeo post=88552156][/quote]

You posted that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was a pig. What is your father? Piglet or Goat? This generational madness that you have been struggling with in your family is about to perish you all.
Re: Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets by PicLtd: 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
Why you dey apologise, I think say you be hulkhogan before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / JUST IN: Aisha Buhari Speaks On Condemning CJN's Suspension / APC Presidential Primary At Teslim Balogun Stadium; Live Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.