Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun (13668 Views)

PDP Wins Aba North And Isialangwa South Constituency Election Rerun / Southern Ijaw Election Rerun....#bayelsaDecides Updates. / APC Will Not Participate In Idemili Election Rerun In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by 9ja4eva: 2:59am On Jan 07, 2011
bubusn #DeltaReRun 15/25 LGAs declared. PDP 8, DPP 7. Number of votes might show a bigger gap for PDP though.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:00am On Jan 07, 2011
Kilode?!:

Why the large difference between "Registered voters" and "Total votes cast." ?

Folks are either too scared to vote or were physically prevented from doing so, either way, any opposition party looking to dislodge the PDP still have a lot of work to do. I believe it's easier to rig the vote when very few people turn out.

Even AK-47 sef suppose fear massive mob. Opposition parties need to work harder at turning out the people.
Many reasons my brother but do not forget these people registered 4 years ago and they might have moved to other places the register was not updated. I can say given what inec had to work with, this election was free and fair. Can anybody dig up the records of the last rigged election and you would see the difference. At least there is a fight back this time around. PDP even getting slumped in some LGA's I am impressed. Lets wait till tomorrow sha.

15 LGA's down already
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Kilode1: 3:02am On Jan 07, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

Wow this was close but DPP would take this happily.No election in 1 unit because of no register, 22 units cancelled because of ballot snatching, corpers fought back to retrieve them. The female corpers were assaulted, they lost phones and jewelry.

That's very brave of them, if they actually did that.

I wonder what JEGA was doing riding yeye helicopter up and down when thugs were busy assaulting our children. No arrests?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:02am On Jan 07, 2011
OOOO make this people do now I need to sleep oh.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Sibe007(m): 3:04am On Jan 07, 2011
Oga Chris Well done, More power to ur elbow.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:05am On Jan 07, 2011
Sibe007:

Oga Chris Well done, More power to your elbow.
Thank you Sir!
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Mariory(m): 3:06am On Jan 07, 2011
Kilode?!:

That's very brave of them, if they actually did that.

I wonder what JEGA was doing riding yeye helicopter up and down when thugs were busy assaulting our children. No arrests?

You expected him to be walk round the entire State? The question you asked should be posed to the police instead.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Kilode1: 3:06am On Jan 07, 2011
@Chrisbenogor, Do, you do well bro

wait small, abi make I pass you paraga make you shack? cheesy

How many LGA's remain?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:09am On Jan 07, 2011
Kilode?!:

@Chrisbenogor, Do, you do well bro

wait small, abi make I pass you paraga make you shack? cheesy

How many LGA's remain?
HEHEHE no need I hold my bottle of Shekpe tight for here, I know send who finally win because I know say all of them na the same story. I just want make either person wey win know say na people put them for there. But that Uvwie result sweet me, I remember back in 2003 and even 2007 dem dey always jubilate say ogboru don win but they always come back disappointed. Its good to see that their votes counted.
Roughly 9 or 10 to go.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by OAM4J: 3:10am On Jan 07, 2011
Good job Chris. Keep us updated.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Kilode1: 3:12am On Jan 07, 2011
Mariory:

You expected him to be walk round the entire State? The question you asked should be posed to the police instead.

NO, I expected him to have considered all the logistics neccesary, anticipate the rigging and provide necessary and reliable security for those corpers and his other officials, that was the job he signed up for.

And NO sir! I'm not absolving the police at all, I just chose not to mention those fo.ols at this time. JEGA should be on top of this and make sure the Police and army do their jobs. He's the Effiing chair of INEC.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:13am On Jan 07, 2011
The results  so far (my uncle works for inec dis is wot he told me. few mins ago)
20 local government areas,
Uduaghan has won a total of 17 while Great Ogboru  has won 3.
I am sure you can go back and tell your uncle that the Nigerian factor of man know man is not working. He has been fed lies  grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Mariory(m): 3:14am On Jan 07, 2011
Sahara are reporting that a recount has been ordered for Ika North? Can anyone confirm?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by 9ja4eva: 3:15am On Jan 07, 2011
Mariory:

Sahara are reporting that a recount has been ordered for Ika North? Can anyone confirm?

A recount better be ordered.Broad daylight robbery

@Chris

Well done my brother.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Mariory(m): 3:18am On Jan 07, 2011
Kilode?!:

NO, I expected him to have considered all the logistics neccesary, anticipate the rigging and provide necessary and reliable security for those corpers and his other officials, that was the job he signed up for.

And NO sir! I'm not absolving the police at all, I just chose not to mention those fo.ols at this time. JEGA should be on top of this and make sure the Police and army do their jobs. He's the Effiing chair of INEC.

Ok not to derail this thread but, it is important to note that Jega is not a tactical officer and cannot control how the police, army, air force, or navy carry out security operations. All he can do is make sure they have been deployed by their respective commands. As far as reports go, on paper adequate security has been arranged. What individual personnel do on the ground is another matter.

Those security agencies do not work for INEC.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Kilode1: 3:19am On Jan 07, 2011
@Chrisbenogor, I agree. All of dem na the same, but having a strong opposition helps. I'm happy to see PDP lose some ground as long as our people's votes count.

Shekpe go do am, carry go!

@ Mariory I agree we should not derail the thread. We will have to agree to disagree. I believe they work for INEC on this one, INEC sends them to where security should be provided, this is INEC's election, Police and Soldiers  are "ordinary" security professionals, he's the civilian executive and this should be his call ultimately, that is how democracy should work.

Edit for Mariory
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:21am On Jan 07, 2011
DPP making serious claims that Warri North be cancelled they are claiming quite seriously that there was no election there. The officer does not even know the total number of people registered. LOl the guy don old sha lol. Still waiting to see  what will be done

The place happens to be the hometown of uduaghan, DPP alleges that people were put in a boat and taken to the into the village where illegal thumb printing took place. LOL this is comedy! grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by wesley80(m): 3:24am On Jan 07, 2011
The E O was given raw figures 4 Warri North without a summary. I think he's gone back to add them up.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:29am On Jan 07, 2011
Effiong (cant get the rest laughing again lol) Collating Officer
Warri North

Total registered 60686

Accord party 73
ADC 17
ANPP 150
CPP 20
DPA 41
DPP 270
JP 50
LP 48
NRDP 19
NMDP 23
PDP 37139
PPA 48
PRP 21
RPN 124

Total Valid votes 38243
Total Rejected Votes 465
Total Vote cast 38708

ROTFLMAO Well na the guy hometown so expect maximum rigging, I doubt if the numbers were up to this but hey if we have been accepting the others make we accept this one.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:32am On Jan 07, 2011
They are taking a break to reconvene by 8 am, by morning we go get all the juicy gist. Thank you all for staying tuned to LIVE REPORTS OF THE RE RUN ELECTION FROM DELTA STATE grin grin grin grin grin

Sincerely Yours,
Chris.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Mariory(m): 3:36am On Jan 07, 2011
Well done! Go get some rest.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by tpia1: 3:37am On Jan 07, 2011
mucho grazias though i'm not a deltan sha.

i'm viewing this as a test run for other elections.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by wesley80(m): 3:40am On Jan 07, 2011
So its 16 LG's down and 9 more left to go.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by JoyIsa: 3:42am On Jan 07, 2011
Hmmm . A lot can happen between now and 8am Nigerian time
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by obailala(m): 3:47am On Jan 07, 2011
[size=18pt]PDP Wins again!!![/size]
There's no need for me to stay awake again. With the figures i'm seeing for PDP so far, there's absolutely no way DPP can come close to it in the remaining LGAs. PDP has performed their magic again. May God help Delta State and indeed Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Mariory(m): 3:52am On Jan 07, 2011
What is the tally so far?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Kilode1: 3:53am On Jan 07, 2011
Thank you chris, you don try.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by otokx(m): 4:53am On Jan 07, 2011
the problem with nigeria is that people shout from the roof tops but refuse to come down and match words with action. Look at the turnout - so low.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by compromise(f): 5:18am On Jan 07, 2011
@chidexy, are you a Nigerian? I am not sure you are because if you are, you would have known that the National assembly has put to rest the issues of contentious tenure brouhaha related to re-election of incumbent and fresh elected minds. For Uduaghan, if he wins (which i don't think, except GEJ stoop so low to rig) he will be spending the remainder of his last four years till the April election where then he will be eligible to seek for a last second term. The National Assembly by law, made sure that is settled. For Ogboru if and when he wins, he has a fresh four years mandate plus another one to seek re-election. Please note @chidexy.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by rasputinn(m): 5:57am On Jan 07, 2011
Ogboru never stood a chance,he had neither the resources nor the grassroots structure to make any real challenge for government house Asaba.In the whole of Delta north for instance he was as popular as the eskimo language in Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by rasputinn(m): 6:03am On Jan 07, 2011
BTW,which register was used for the election?rubbish
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by wesley80(m): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2011
^^ The old one of course. It was a re-run and not a fresh election so the call for a fresh voters register is out of place. I just wish people would understand that INEC was only obeying the court by using the old register.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Southern Senators Begin Confab / Odinkalu: Malami Acting Like ‘Senior Advocate Of Bandits’ / Abba Kyari, Maina: Nigerian Criminal Suspects With History Of Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.