Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun (13669 Views)

PDP Wins Aba North And Isialangwa South Constituency Election Rerun / Southern Ijaw Election Rerun....#bayelsaDecides Updates. / APC Will Not Participate In Idemili Election Rerun In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by otokx(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
@epiphany

very right
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2011
IVORY2009:

Are u Campaigning for Uduagan
Too late to campaign, am just making my obsrvations
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2011
Aisha you are not from delta state so you have no right at all to support uduaghan can you state what he has achieved been a governor for 3.5yrs.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
bombay:

Aisha you are not from delta state so you have no right at all to support uduaghan can you state what he has achieved been a governor for 3.5yrs.
In a way i am from delta state
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
Rigging Galore in Warri
People in Edjeba including COE, Warri were not allowed to vote. Saharareporters, please send people to Edjeba to confirm. We were asked to go to Iyara in Warri to vote even though we registered in Edjeba and polling booths were supposed to be in Edjeba. When we got to Iyara what we saw was massive thumb printing of ballot papers by PDP thugs in presence of security forces and INEC officials. So this is the preparedness for the Delta rerun that JEGA promised us. I hope the International community is watching what Jonathan, Jega and Uduaghan are doing in rigging elections in Warri. SR, please no proper voting is going on in Warri as at 1.15 pm but ballot rigging and snatching. What is going on in Iyara,Warri is a typical example of the type of election going on now in Delta State.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ballot box for Warri playground -Upper Erejuwa has been snatched by thugs loyal to the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

PDP militants shot into the air to chase away legitimate voters before snatching the ballot boxes.

-Voting has commenced and is going on smoothly,for now, in all Ukwuani local govt area.

-Voting is going on smoothly in eku town hall in ward 9 in Ethiope East. Centre point

-Voting has started in all the wards visited in Oshimili North & South & Aniocha North & South. Security agents are keeping the peace.

-Warri SW in comatose. DPP agents have been beaten up with guns in Isaba ward. Ogbe Ijoh ward boxes hijacked by PDP thugs.

PDP has set up bases near polling stations in Oshimili North from where they are distributing money to voters .

Hundreds of Voters are disenfranchised at Obiaruku Ward 2
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Epiphany(m): 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2011
otokx:

@epiphany

very right

My broda, i tire for naija and her politricks o. As a Nigerian and Deltan, i am continually dissapointed at the rate and level of development in the country and state. Successive governments have done next to nothing in the state, considering the amount of money the state 'earns' yearly.

For those arguing that Uduaghan is doing something, i feel that yes, he may be doing something, but NOT ENOUGH OF WHAT IS EXPECTED OF HIM. If it is in his power to tar 20 roads and he tars 5, why should he be praised? If he can build 30 blocks of classrooms and he builds only 15, why should we be happy that he has done something? What happens or happened to all the monies he was supposed to use to complete the other 15 roads or 15 blocks of classrooms? It goes into his pockets or that of his cronies and yet we should praise him?

I am beyond praising any governor anymore. We should stop praising them for doing 40, 50 or even 70% of what they are supposed to do. We should be more like the british - that NAG OVER EVERYTHING and demand for more and more accountability even when everthing still works for them! Living here in the UK, i sometimes dont understand why the citizens are so selfish and ungrateful. They have constant power, their roads are good, infrastructure is nice, education is excellent, healthcare works, systems are in place for progress etc etc and yet, the people are not satisfied. Compare that to Nigeria where nothing works and yet we praise these criminals for doing 'something'. . .

Sorry, i am so upset. I have finished my rant! Let me not continue.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by IVORY2009(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2011
aisha2:

Too late to campaign, am just making my obsrvations
Your "observation" look more of a campaign, despite campaiging is over.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by redsun(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2011
what was uduagban done for?is proven election malpractices not a crime in nigeria?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Ojigho: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
Jega?I'm dissapointed.So this is the free and fair election you've talked endlessly about right?Those thieves would then start telling the world that they won a free and fair election.Right now in my ward,materials have just arrived but pdp thugs don't want us to vote.I just have one word to say to all those people who don't want us to choose leaders of our choice,you and your generations to the eight generation would never know no peace,everything u steal and deprive the good people of Delta State you'd lose as the wind blows dust away.And for all those who see the truth and because of selfish gains turn the other way,may God,fate and mother nature pay them back to the tenth generation.God bless Delta State.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Epiphany(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ojigho:

Jega?I'm dissapointed.So this is the free and fair election you've talked endlessly about right?Those thieves would then start telling the world that they won a free and fair election.Right now in my ward,materials have just arrived but pdp thugs don't want us to vote.I just have one word to say to all those people who don't want us to choose leaders of our choice,you and your generations to the eight generation would never know no peace,everything u steal and deprive the good people of Delta State you'd lose as the wind blows dust away.And for all those who see the truth and because of selfish gains turn the other way,may God,fate and mother nature pay them back to the tenth generation.God bless Delta State.

AAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by 9ijaMan: 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
use ur mobile phones with camera to record the happenings, rigging and otherwise. Post ur recordings on the web. Don't forget to trun on the date functions on your phones or cameras while recording o!
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by redsun(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2011
And they worry about bombing when nigerian leaders are all imposing terrorists.How can a proven thug be allowed to run?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by sochan: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
@Aisha2,

you and I are friends on this forum, and to be honest your assessment of Uduaghan is totally off the mark. The Guy is a Devil and should not be even contesting the elections let alone being given the chance to win. And this is coming from someone who knows him well enough to say he is not any of the things you have said
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Eziachi: 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ofido:

am already in a pooling booth in asaba and every body here believes so much in voting for Uduaghan and i wil vote fro him too. Emma Eweta Uduaghan for life.
A Nigerian politician for life?
Another r-a-p-e victim who thinks its her fault. You need to be pitied.

Today Thurday 6th January, there is a by-election in one consituent in northern England. The original election was cancelled by the court because the winner, who had a majority of just 103 votes lied about his defeated opponent in a leaflet during the election. There were no rigging of any sort but the court reasoned that the lies against the winner's opponent could have influenced some voters, especially when the outcome was that close.

The court went further and heavily fined the winner and prohibits him for participating in the by-election or any future election and handed him a criminal record as well. He is to refund every penny he has benefitted as an MP during that short period of the new parliament to the treasury.  However, his party has fielded a fresh candidate for today's by-election.

But in Delta today, a beneficiary of a massively rigged election is not only participating in the re-run election, but the president of the land campaigned for him with the state machinery instruments right behind him and at his disposal.  He has been tagged as the candidate to beat by the media and a citizen of the land has just dubbed him, the candidate for life.
Tomorrow the same Nigerians will wonder why their country cannot be like others around the world?
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by otokx(m): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2011
Evil will not triumph in DELTA STATE, if they like let them snatch ballot boxes and engage in election malpractice
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by sochan: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2011
I have always said that we should start charity from home. The good people of Delta state are better placed to advise on the real going-ons in the state, not one who visits from time to time.

I am still extremely dissapointed that Uduaghan was not disqualified from the start. He should never have been allowed to run.

I made a very bold claim that this election will set the scene for the rest of the general elections this year, and from what I hear so far, we are in for real trouble
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2011
The US prediction will come to pass they are very right on this one.

After the election we will know who is who.

Uduaghan should win so that Jona would know what problem is, because what is about to happen no one will be able to escape.

When you die you will not take money with you.

Jona Jona i hope you are prepared, this will surpass your imagination.

Uduaghan wins jona forget the presidency we will vote for any mallam.

We will deny you what you have denied us.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by sochan: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2011
Please people go to the sahara-reporters link and get firsthand information. what is going on is terrible.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/updated-delta-state-election-re-run-it-election-or-inec-scandal-unfolding-field-reports

I said that this will define the general elections this year.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by chidexy(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2011
sochan:

Please people go to the sahara-reporters link and get firsthand information. what is going on is terrible.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/updated-delta-state-election-re-run-it-election-or-inec-scandal-unfolding-field-reports

I said that this will define the general elections this year.

And you trust the sources there absolutely? In this age where most people carry mobile phones capable of taking still pictures and videos, why aren't there any of those eye witness documentation of the ballot snatchings and stuffings as evidence?

Saharareporters has always been an anti-establishment rumor mongers
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ballot box for Warri playground -Upper Erejuwa has been snatched by thugs loyal to the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

PDP militants shot into the air to chase away legitimate voters before snatching the ballot boxes.

-Voting has commenced and is going on smoothly,for now, in all Ukwuani local govt area.

-Voting is going on smoothly in eku town hall in ward 9 in Ethiope East. Centre point

-Voting has started in all the wards visited in Oshimili North & South & Aniocha North & South. Security agents are keeping the peace.

-Warri SW in comatose. DPP agents have been beaten up with guns in Isaba ward. Ogbe Ijoh ward boxes hijacked by PDP thugs.

PDP has set up bases near polling stations in Oshimili North from where they are distributing money to voters .

PDP militants shooting in the air along Eku-Amukpe road near Aragba Town Hall in Okpe LGA to scare away voters.

-Ballot boxes and election materials snatched at gun point on Eboh Street.

-No elections in Ikengbuwa 3 units

-Ballot box, Youth Corper and police kidnapped and taken away in black SUV Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number TP 887 KJA. Police officer is Sgt. Okpokunu Frank incident at Edjeba wardbUnit 10/015.

-At Unit 007 Edeide Agbara Otor voting disrupted by a boy popularly known as Odidigboigbo.

-one police Oji Thomas by name with police number 413073 helping the PDP to rig de election unit 6, E9 6709046 Jesse town.

-Ughelli north LG chairman and his thugs carried away voting materials for Agbarah 3 unit.

-As at 1.54 pm in the Isoko axis of Delta State accreditation is just taking place as several locations are still waiting for accreditation. There are complaints insecurity as very few police personnel are available. Benjamin Efekoda, Delta State House Assembly member representing Isoko South brought in military personnel to intimidate voters. A large number of voters complain that their names were missing from the voters register as the registered contained fictitious names.

-Ballot box snatching reported in Apala, Ugboroke and Cementary road by Warri garage all Warri metropolitan area.

-Sapele LGA: In Sapele metro, serious violence is reported. Delta state commissioner P.D.O Akpeki is leading heavily armed PDP thugs to rain serious blows on voters as well as INEc officials. There are reports of injuries.

SaharaReporters spoke to INEC chair spokesperson, Kayode Idowu, who confirms that Warri, Sapele, and Ukparape have been confirmed as problematic areas.

Burutu Local Government Area: As at 2:20 PM (Nigerian time) accreditation or election did not commence.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by jason123: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
bombay:

PDP militants shooting in the air along Eku-Amukpe road near Aragba Town Hall in Okpe LGA to scare away voters.

-Ballot boxes and election materials snatched at gun point on Eboh Street.

-No elections in Ikengbuwa 3 units

-Ballot box, Youth Corper and police kidnapped and taken away in black SUV Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number TP 887 KJA. Police officer is Sgt. Okpokunu Frank incident at Edjeba wardbUnit 10/015.

-At Unit 007 Edeide Agbara Otor voting disrupted by a boy popularly known as Odidigboigbo.

-one police Oji Thomas by name with police number 413073 helping the PDP to rig de election unit 6, E9 6709046 Jesse town.

-Ughelli north LG chairman and his thugs carried away voting materials for Agbarah 3 unit.

-As at 1.54 pm in the Isoko axis of Delta State accreditation is just taking place as several locations are still waiting for accreditation. There are complaints insecurity as very few police personnel are available. Benjamin Efekoda, Delta State House Assembly member representing Isoko South brought in military personnel to intimidate voters. A large number of voters complain that their names were missing from the voters register as the registered contained fictitious names.

-Ballot box snatching reported in Apala, Ugboroke and Cementary road by Warri garage all Warri metropolitan area.

-Sapele LGA: In Sapele metro, serious violence is reported. Delta state commissioner P.D.O Akpeki is leading heavily armed PDP thugs to rain serious blows on voters as well as INEc officials. There are reports of injuries.

SaharaReporters spoke to INEC chair spokesperson, Kayode Idowu, who confirms that Warri, Sapele, and Ukparape have been confirmed as problematic areas.

Burutu Local Government Area: As at 2:20 PM (Nigerian time) accreditation or election did not commence.

how do you know all these things? do you have a camera? if yes, please record these events. Bros, please!
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2011
My brother na obodo i dey o i don tell them make dem take picture and record watine dem fit do but them tell me say dat na high risk any attempt na gbosa get am.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by chidexy(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ Bombay, why only PDP thugs? Doesn't Great Ogboru have his own thugs and what are they up to? Knowing his antecedents and romance with Khaki boys one would assume that he should be able to counter whatever the other camps throw at them

Believe me, take whatever you hear from Saharareporters with a pinch of salt. Most likely a one-sided report
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2011
My guy the other parties do not carry gun that is why they have been able to win at the court.

Info you are getting is from people on ground this is not manufactured story.

Real time

I have called people are they have confirmed the same thing.

Na my ground man dey very worried.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2011
[size=14pt]Picture evidences please!!![/size]
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2011
This people am about to name are know thugs in pdp.

If you be warri man you must know this people as heavy weight thugs.

Some problematic officials named so far: Kenneth Ibru, chair of the Ughelli North Local government. One Sherrif a Governor Uduaghan's assistant is allegedly terrorising voters near Isubi   airport in Warri.
-Hon. Abubiwa, Uvwie local government council chair was involved in ballot snatching. He was accompanied by soldiers.
- In Isoko North a man arrested for ballot snatching

-The ballot box in Upper Erejuwa ward 8 Warri was snatched by thugs loyal to one Omovie a PDP strong man
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by bombay: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
c ur mouth picture evidence na wah for you o.

You wan enter lion mouth abi good luck or na bad luck. grin

Right now everybody dey see red, na u know if them cramp u with camera.
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by duality(m): 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2011
how would dpp and rpn be going for an election battle in delta state and not recruiting enough thugs. To me, its funny. Maybe pdp have stronger thugs. Well i've followed the election in delta north and i can say its been peaceful. I think the troubled areas are in delta central and part of south. But generaly its an ok election irrespective of who wins. Every one wants his candidate to win. Believe me non of the parties have the right candidate for delta state. For now, people vote based on necessity, ethnicity and monetary inducement
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by shinaidowu: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2011
HAHAHAHA Abeg make Uduaghan win jare, afterall na him qualify pass the other ones. Like someone rightly said why Ogboru and Omo-agege no recruit their own thugs to counter Uduaghan own. @ Bombay na the update u dey give us or u dey scather yarn ontop Uduaghan head. grin
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by chidexy(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ Bombay, to turn on a phone camera and hold it casually in the hand isn't like carrying a big VHS camera. So what risk are you talking about? If all your foot soldiers and men on ground are able to send you those reports, apparently through telephone, they can as well record the events as evidence. Warri is only a city in the state. Why are they reporting orderly elections in other parts of the state and your foot soldiers are reporting problem in Warri. Should we not assume that Ogboru's thugs are the ones instigating the trouble as to have a reason to continue their macabre dance with the judicial officials, knowing as it is, that they stand no chance of winning the election
Re: Official Thread::: Delta State Election Rerun by blinx4real(m): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
I think the wise thing to do is to provide visual evidence of these allegations, the reports are varied, some sections claim all is well while others are calling foul.
Pictures anyone??
Videos
Thats the only thing that can be tenable. I for one have learnt to be wary of Sahara reporters and their gangster crew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? / Nyesom Wike's New Beautiful Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.