Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice (56698 Views)

Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / How The Massive Lid Of 2000-Years-Old Stone Coffin Was Lifted In Egypt(Pics) / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Swanzi(m): 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
[s]
richeeyo:

Know what you talking about before condemning your nation i. The name of likes
Ghana as 1000+ cases
Nigeria is doing far far more than what gh has done
matter of fact, they look up to Nigeria because they have experience dealing with contagious virus
Am a Ghanaian and i know what am talking about
[/s]

So u feel proud denigrating ur motherland abi..?
Is public knowledge that Ghana has tested close to 60,000 whiles nigeria is doing like 7,000 so the possibility of Ghana having more positive cases will be high but then u choose to sheepishly ignore this fact.
You can never be a Ghanaian probably a Yoruba bastard thats all cos no true Ghanaian will watch on as his motherland is abused.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by 1vid(m): 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
Coronavirus in China
Total Cases: 82,747
Deaths: 4,632
Recoveries: 77,084
Active Cases: 1,031.

This is China game!

Evang. Swift
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by panafrican(m): 7:23pm On Apr 20, 2020

WHO chief says worst of outbreak yet to come

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
APRIL 20, 2020 12:46 PM, UPDATED 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES AGO

GENEVA — The head of the World Health Organization has warned that “the worst is yet ahead of us” in the coronavirus outbreak, raising new alarm bells about the pandemic just as many countries are beginning to ease restrictive measures.

Tedros also alluded to the so-called Spanish flu in 1918 as a reference for the coronavirus outbreak.

“Trust us. The worst is yet ahead of us,” he said. “Let’s prevent this tragedy. It’s a virus that many people still don’t understand.”

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/article242131041.html

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
hotmediatv:
Ghana citizens rejoice as their president lifts ban of 21 days lockdown

Residents of the capital, Accra, and major centers will be allowed to return to work from Monday even though other restrictions such as school closures and a ban on sport and religious meetings remain in place, Akufo-Addo said Sunday in a televised address.

See video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVgyrC5a-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAMOfKICjc

And they came out and broke the social distancing rule.

Such ignorant people.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by suremanpatriot: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
ofwest47:
Nigeria should follow suit ,continue lock down is creation of Koro Koro hunger.
This is no fun!Until we wake up one day and hear bohari has no govt to run again they wil sit up
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by vaxx2: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:
Stupid Ghanaian you have my attention now what?
You can't stand my cyber torture, so I will let you pass
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
but Africans rugged sha they sha prefer to come out, death no they scare them, Africa my Africa

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
vaxx2:
You can't stand my cyber torture, so I will let you pass
You little Ghana boy you over hype your mumu self.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by tot(f): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:

Ghana is just 30million people

Nigeria is 200 million people

Do the math Mr man.

The more reason Nigeria should have a higher number of tests. The more your population, the more tests you should do. It's simple logic.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by WorWorBoy: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by vaxx2: 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
Litmus:
Lock-down is not for poor nations, Ghana is taking a calculated risk that runs the chances of turning out well for the fledgling ecyonomy. Nevertheless, oh what horrible dilemma faces the government, weighing the high number of deaths that may arise by forgoing lock-down, against bankruptcy and instability that may occur by continuing with lockdown? I for one wish them the good fortune that they don’t wish us in those Troll Houses from where they trash Nigeria’s image.
lockdown is also never for rich nation either , there is reason America take it so long before coming up with the idea of locking down. Germany despite the lockdown, her manufacturing company are still working, China never lock down Shanghai( economy power house and Beijing ( seat of the govement) which are very close to wuhan where the virus was first discover. so locking down is a calculated risk for both poor nation and rich nation . no one is really safe. economic implication is as important as humanity safety.

now back to Ghana, Ghana has really done her homework very well before considering lifting the lockdown. this is a country that is ranked among the top 20 countries in the world testing for coronavirs in terms of per capita. What it means is that Ghana is one of the leading countries in the world embarking on massive testing for COVID-19 as far as country's population and rate of testing is concerned.

in testing per capita, GHANA is number one across africa and the number two in Africa behind South Africa in terms of number of people tested. this is for a country that is less than 30 million. more than 70 thousand have been tested so far base on today data .

Speaking at at the launch of GH COVID-19 Tracking App (an app for tracking cases and tracing contacts of confirmed cases), Vice President Bawumia attributed Ghana's high and rapid tests to the availability of data through technology and government's determination to chase the virus.

i can even tell you Ghana has taken more decisive and swifter action than many developed countries in the world did within a month of confirmed cases.

For instance, while it took the United States nearly two months after its first confirmed case to declare a national emergency, the government of Ghana banned all public gathering in Ghana just four days after the confirmation of first case

And Ghana's has done more than 70 ,000 tests within a month of its first confirmed case , that is higher than tests conducted by the United States, Japan and the United Kingdom within six weeks of their first official case.

You always talk as if Ghana has grudges with Nigeria when every country is charting their own interest and want .
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
WorWorBoy:
This Ghanaian monkey boy wants to troll isn't that cute. grin
Lol that Ghanaian clown thinks I'm new on this forum such ignorance.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
tot:

The more reason Nigeria should have a higher number of tests. The more your population, the more tests you should do. It's simple logic.
Why are you telling me? do I look like government officials to you?
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Noisyrians: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
What exactly is your problem with Ghana and Ghanaians?

Graysons:
Lol that Ghanaian clown thinks I'm new on this forum such ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by tot(f): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Graysons:
Why are you telling me? do I look like government officials to you?

I am telling you so you can stop justifying nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by mechanics(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
They should maintain social distance as they are celebrating.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Bahamas95(m): 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2020
Tomtomy98:

Rejoice soon?
With the increase of confirmed cases in Nigeria
Confirmed what? So you believe those figures?

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by richeeyo(m): 12:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Swanzi:
[s][/s]

So u feel proud denigrating ur motherland abi..?
Is public knowledge that Ghana has tested close to 60,000 whiles nigeria is doing like 7,000 so the possibility of Ghana having more positive cases will be high but then u choose to sheepishly ignore this fact.
You can never be a Ghanaian probably a Yoruba bastard thats all cos no true Ghanaian will watch on as his motherland is abused.
Wow
Your brain cells are dead

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by cardoctor(m): 2:50am On Apr 21, 2020
Good for them. They have a visionary leader.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Graysons: 4:17am On Apr 21, 2020
tot:

I am telling you so you can stop justifying nonsense.
You report my comment to the Moderators grin grin next time learn how to mind your business clown

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Swanzi(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2020
richeeyo:

Wow
Your brain cells are dead

Gyimi gyimiii okramanba asefuo kwasiampaniiii....!!!
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by makydebbie(f): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2020
Swanzi:

Haha derby that guy na proper definition of mumu grin

Anyway how are you dear is been a while ..?

The guy na idiot. I've got no words for him.

Yes dear I'm good, you?
Are you in Accra?
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by richeeyo(m): 9:11am On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=Swanzi post=88680519]

Gyimi gyimiii okramanba asefuo kwasiampaniiii....!!![/quote
����]
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Swanzi(m): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2020
makydebbie:

The guy na idiot. I've got no words for him.

Yes dear I'm good, you?
Are you in Accra?

Ohk am still in Nigeria tho
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by makydebbie(f): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Swanzi:

Ohk am still in Nigeria tho

Oh okay dear, stay safe.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Igbodicool(m): 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
Brunicekid:
See as you dey abuse Nigeria!!!
Huu Nigeria epp?
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Swanzi(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
makydebbie:

Oh okay dear, stay safe.

You too dear ...
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by oxiide22(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hadiza101:
Insha Allah,we shall also rejoice soon.
malama dija

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) / British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.