Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice (56704 Views)

Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / How The Massive Lid Of 2000-Years-Old Stone Coffin Was Lifted In Egypt(Pics) / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Ironi: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
isthatso:

what spread are they curbing, theyve had the largest increase in positive cases in the last 2 days! effectively doubling the number of cases from 600 to 1000+ in just 2 days!!!

Is because they are aggressively testing and purposely digging and going out to locate those infected.

The more you are able to identify those infected the better you are in a position to manage the spread.

You are worse off without a test because you have no clue what’s going on around you.

What is difficult to understand here?
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by baysol: 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
Foolish country with foolish colonial mentality. This is simply because trump in his ingenious stupidity want to open us and yet people are dying daily in their thousand.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ironi:

Is because they are aggressively testing and purposely digging and going out to locate those infected.

The more you are able to identify those infected the better you are in a position to manage the spread.

You are worse off without a test because you have no clue what’s going on around you.

What is difficult to understand here?

testing 2000 per million of population is not what you call aggressive testing, you can see how the numbers are jumping in Nigeria once they increased testing. Countries that are testing tens of thousand per million of population are still in lockdown.

open up too early only means a bigger secondary wave of infections.

BTW Nigeria is even worse because we are only testing 35 people for every 1million of population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Blindersoff: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
Investnow2017:

You still have not pointed out how Ghana is worse than Nigeria in this respect. Remember you are in Ghana, you are not in Nigeria. Small population is immaterial here. The more reason why Nigeria should be more aggressive in the aspect of testing.

Tell me, how is Ghana worse than Nigeria? If you are using the figures as a criteria, I will not agree with you. Have you been watching Bangledash, Turkey, Russia and Saudi Arabia? The figures are tumbling.

With aggressive tests you will be surprised what the results will look like. Why massive testing is good is just so asymptomatic vectors do not transmit this virus to vulnerable ones. It's very critical. Until Nigeria's testing rises to more than that of Ghana it will be difficult for me to agree with you that Nigeria is doing better. Assuming the tests figures were close I could see reasons with you.

For mild symptoms though not all positive cases need hospitalization. Don't be surprised though that some in Nigeria are self-medicating at home already. Dangerous, dangerous. That is what limited testing can do.

Such ignorance and you think many in Ghana are not self medicating too? You need to stay here for a little while to understand what i meant by deep levels of ignorance.

You think Nigeria needs to be insulted while you hype Ghana without knowing the basics. Ghana is worse and if you feel like dragging this issue then enjoy your ignorance. I am in Ghana and telling you first hand and you who are not wish to argue with me.

Accra alone makes up the covid19 positive cases of the entire Nigeria. The President gave a 4 to 5 day grace period even after announcing there would be a lockdown in Major cities. This prompted many who were already positive unknowingly to travel to their villages and begin a fresh pandemic there. Now it is everywhere with almost 1200 cases and counting. Despite the high confirmed numbers they only have 99 recoveries while Nigeria with half their number of confirmed cases have 170 recoveries yet to you Ghana is doing better.

Guy take several seats.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
Avalancheman:
Nice. Coronavirus is not for Africa!

Now let me ask, have they reached the peak of confirmed cases

Have they flattened the curve

Have they tested all Ghanaians

Come on, what we need to focus on is the deaths.

How many confirmed cases lead to death

End the sham lockdowns in Nigeria already. They are NOT working. They CANNOT work!

Allow people to go about their businesses wearing masks and gloves - compulsorily.

Don't allow returnees to enter the country indefinitely... smiley

We are good to go!! cool

To be frank Ghana are doing better than Nigeria. In Ghana there are 1,042 confirmed cases with 9 deaths. In Nigeria there are 627 cases with 21 deaths. Ghana have done over 68,000 tests officially while Nigeria have done around 7,000 tests. All in all they shouldn't relent, if they are lifting the lockdown they should not throw precaution to the winds. Social distancing should still be maintained.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by theenchanter: 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
isthatso:

testing 2000 per million of population is not what you call aggressive testing, you can see how the numbers are jumping in Nigeria once they increased testing. Countries that are testing tens of thousand per million of population are still in lockdown.

BTW Nigeria is even worse because we are only testing 35 people for every 1million of population.
Nigeria is not doing community testing like many African nations.

We solely go to the epicenters. I honestly don't see d need for community testing if preventive measures are in place.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by afroxyz: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Sadsoulnow:
OK,I will tell you what's happening, but before then you need to be sure of what you post online next time,so as not to mislead people.Now,this is what's happening here.The president has asked the landlords to give free 3months house rent free for Tennants.He has also paid 3months electricity bills for the poor,and 50% for the average Ghanaians.Water bills too has been taken care off for the next 3months.so I must confess the man is doing a good job..on the spread of the virus nothing much has been done about it..before the lockdown the infected people were less than 600,but as at yesterday when the lockdown was lifted the number of the infected has increased to 820 or there about. The above is the highlight of what's happening here

Ok. Now I get it. At least he is proactive in the issuance of pallitives. If I may ask has Ghana recorded any death?
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by vaxx1: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
isthatso:

You guys have problem. just logged off if You don't understand. Ghana is ranked among the top 20 countries in the world testing for coronavirs in terms of per capita. What this means is that Ghana is one of the leading countries in the world embarking on massive testing as far as country's population and rate of testing is concerned.

With a population of about 30 million people, Ghana has so far tested nearly 70,000 people as at April 18. making Ghana the number one ranked country in Africa in terms of COVID-19 testing per capita, and number two on the continent behind South Africa in terms of number of people tested. Ghana has even done well more than some advanced country , for example, it took the United States nearly two months after its first confirmed case to declare a national emergency, the government of Ghana banned all public gathering in Ghana just four days after the confirmation of Ghana's first case .

Ghana's nearly conduct 70,000 tests within a month of its first confirmed case. this is higher than tests conducted by the United States, Japan and the United Kingdom within six weeks of their first official case if only you are following the news
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
theenchanter:

We solely go to the epicenters. I honestly don't see d need for community testing if preventive measures are in place.

time will tell!!!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Sadsoulnow: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
afroxyz:

Ok. Now I get it. At least he is proactive in the issuance of pallitives. If I may ask has Ghana recorded any death?
Yes he is proactive, he cares for his people. Ghana has recorded about 8deaths as of yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by vaxx2: 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
theenchanter:

Ghana is not doing community testing either ?
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by vaxx2: 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
Sadsoulnow:
Yes he is proactive, he cares for his people. Ghana has recorded about 8deaths as of yesterday.
No 9 death
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by geraob1: 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
tellwisdom:
Even if they leave them to roam 48hrs everyday, they are still hungry

Average Ghanaian eats Fufu with onions only.
The rich ones add fish to the onions

People are making headways and progress in their fight against covid u r busy talking nonsense.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Mcsoja: 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nice one there
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Avalancheman: 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
greenhulk:

To be frank Ghana are doing better than Nigeria. In Ghana there are 1,042 confirmed cases with 9 deaths. In Nigeria there are 627 cases with 21 deaths. Ghana have done over 68,000 tests officially while Nigeria have done around 7,000 tests. All in all they shouldn't relent, if they are lifting the lockdown they should not throw precaution to the winds. Social distancing should still be maintained.

Going by their population, 9 deaths is not bad just like ours. Also they prevented returnees from entering the country early in the day... embarassed
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by missvaj2015(f): 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigeria Government oya come see oh
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by missvaj2015(f): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigeria government make owner come sew oh
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Jaqenhghar: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

Jaquar, shut up, your opinion is senseless
You shut it nigger. The people you consider inferior are working so hard. Instead of you to bury your face in shame you still get mouth. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Suremikky(m): 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ok ooo
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by chrisagyei: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Such ignorance and you think many in Ghana are not self medicating too? You need to stay here for a little while to understand what i meant by deep levels of ignorance.

You think Nigeria needs to be insulted while you hype Ghana without knowing the basics. Ghana is worse and if you feel like dragging this issue then enjoy your ignorance. I am in Ghana and telling you first hand and you who are not wish to argue with me.

Accra alone makes up the covid19 positive cases of the entire Nigeria. The President gave a 4 to 5 day grace period even after announcing there would be a lockdown in Major cities. This prompted many who were already positive unknowingly to travel to their villages and begin a fresh pandemic there. Now it is everywhere with almost 1200 cases and counting. Despite the high confirmed numbers they only have 99 recoveries while Nigeria with half their number of confirmed cases have 170 recoveries yet to you Ghana is doing better.

Guy take several seats.
shut up there you liar. How can you compare Ghana's rapid efficient response to that of your hunger infested country. Ghana with a population of 29 million people has tested 68,000 people with 1042 people testing positive and 9 deaths whilst your Nigeria with a population of 200 million people has tested 7,000 people with 620 cases and 21 deaths.

Ghana closed the borders and forcefully quarantined all 1,000 of the last people who got into the country for 14 days and out of the 1,000 people,105 people tested positive. 8 days later,Nigeria closed it's borders and airport and no traveler was quarantined.

Ghana has over 300 ventilators and 16 testing centers and Nigeria has 400 ventilators for 200 million people .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by nkemjacob2(m): 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lock down is not a proper solution to curb the virus is just a trap to economic activity.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by TMKsouth: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
JaceBlaze:

@emboldened...@entire sermon actually...

Lol grin grin grin
Wonderfully illustrated. grin
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Investnow2017: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Guy take several seats.

Sorry I can't continue with you since you have resorted to insults in pushing your argument. Read my posts that is not my style, and insults do not change reality. Bye
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by suremanpatriot: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nbote:
Atleast dey are doing a whole lot right.. They have tested thousands and have been able to curb d spread.. Can we say d same? Until we are able to curb d spread and test more ppl with aggressive contact tracing, we are going nowhere and would only help d virus spread like wildfire if we try to copy dem
You dont have sense. You economy is bein detroyed,busines are sys bein eroded,starving masses everywher ,crime increasin,inmate beim let loose and yu talk gibberish.
Ewu!covid is not going anywher till it finishes its sanitazation work in Nigeria, ignoramus,u beta lock yasef indoors and drown in Fears for forever.Oloshi encouragin manipulativ and devious, regimentary govt! COVID19 REMAINS TREATABLE AND NOT DEATH SENTENCEundecided
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Litmus: 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lock-down is not for poor nations, Ghana is taking a calculated risk that runs the chances of turning out well for the fledgling economy. Nevertheless, oh what horrible dilemma faces the government, weighing the high number of deaths that may arise by forgoing lock-down, against bankruptcy and instability that may occur by continuing with lockdown? I for one wish them the good fortune that they don’t wish us in those Troll Houses from where they trash Nigeria’s image.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Franking: 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Was thinking u will at least mention their progress in the fight against covid-19 which I believe is central to lifting the lockdown.
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Investnow2017: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
chrisagyei:
shut up there you liar. How can you compare Ghana's rapid efficient response to that of your hunger infested country. Ghana with a population of 29 million people has tested 68,000 people with 1042 people testing positive and 9 deaths whilst your Nigeria with a population of 200 million people has tested 7,000 people with 620 cases and 21 deaths.

Ghana closed the borders and forcefully quarantined all 1,000 of the last people who got into the country for 14 days and out of the 1,000 people,105 people tested positive. 8 days later,Nigeria closed it's borders and airport and no traveler was quarantined.

Ghana has over 300 ventilators and 16 testing centers and Nigeria has 400 ventilators for 200 million people .

Thank you dear.

My nephew was to return to Nigeria from Ghana 3 weeks ago, he was held at the Ghana border and subjected to a Covid-19 test. He was made to wait for 2 weeks at the border even when the result returned negative before he was released to go. Talk of a serious nation.

Aggressive testing to fish out and isolate infected persons remains the viable modus operandi to win the fight against this infectious disease.

How do you say a country that has only tested 35 out 1,000,000 is doing better than a country that has succeeded in testing over 200 out of 1,000,000?

Some of Nigeria deaths may be posthumous ones. That is results recorded ONLY AFTER THE PERSON HAS died. Some of those 21 deaths may not have happened at the Isolation centre. Which means these ones were not tested before they died.

I am always alarmed when I see the effort some countries put in to fight this disease. Some in UK believe that Germany went about the right thing right from the onset hence their fatality rate is low: Germany embarked upon aggressive testing is one reason they have a good result today.

While UK has tested 501,000; Germany on the other hand has tested 1,700,000. Russia has tested 2,000,000; South Africa 114,000, Palestine 27,000; Djibouti with a population of less than 1m has tested over 8,000; Cuba, a small island has tested 26,000, Morocco 15,000, UAE 767,000; Kenya 13,000, Israel with a population of less than 9m has tested 240,000, even Pakistan with a population almost same as Nigeria has tested 104,000. And Nigeria 7,000.

And someone says we are doing better than some countries! The patients being discharged today are receiving attention because our hospitals are operating far below capacity. God forbid the hospitals are inaundated with patients the mortality rate won't be funny.

The NCDC is trying but they can do better. Likely they need to expand their workforce to achieve a better result.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by richeeyo(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nbote:
Atleast dey are doing a whole lot right.. They have tested thousands and have been able to curb d spread.. Can we say d same? Until we are able to curb d spread and test more ppl with aggressive contact tracing, we are going nowhere and would only help d virus spread like wildfire if we try to copy dem
Know what you talking about before condemning your nation i. The name of likes
Ghana as 1000+ cases
Nigeria is doing far far more than what gh has done
matter of fact, they look up to Nigeria because they have experience dealing with contagious virus
Am a Ghanaian and i know what am talking about
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by Iceyjays(m): 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
tellwisdom:
Even if they leave them to roam 48hrs everyday, they are still hungry

Average Ghanaian eats Fufu with onions only.
The rich ones add fish to the onions
Foolish gaynians cheesy
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by JaceBlaze: 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
TMKsouth:

Lol grin grin grin
Wonderfully illustrated. grin

Lol
Re: Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice by ofwest47(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Nigeria should follow suit ,continue lock down is creation of Koro Koro hunger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) / British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.