Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? (46413 Views)

When Last Did You Send Your Boyfriend Money / I Lend My Girlfriend #75000, She Want To Pay Now / “I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by goldenboyofpsy(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Someone7:
He has to assure you he'll pay back. But just to ask, why does he keep borrowing money? He works doesn't he? What expenses or responsibilities makes him run out of money? He needs to be financially disciplined if he's going to be a responsible partner/husband

Up until last year,I always borrow money. Babe mumcee had to arrange food stuffs for me at some point. But now, it's not the same as things have changed.

Babe never for once stopped believing in me. She helped out financially self.

I think we need to do something about relationship, expectations,who does what etc if you have,give without looking back. It depends the kind of person he is. Men have so much responsibilities on their shoulders.

The fact that he asked you for money today doesn't mean he won't be financially stable tomorrow.

Do what you can to help so you can be happy that you put a smile on someone's face.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by friday2011(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
I sorry for you, may u not use your husband do boyfriend...

Dont be nice you hear, before you know it, the guy go move on because he knows you have but you refused to give him...

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Dexter23401: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
So far u are in a relationship with someone, please open up ur heart to that person, show love, help out, it doesn't matter who the help is coming from, whether the guy or the girl, that's why the both of u are together, las las, anybody can be an ingrate whether the guy or the girl.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by dinachi(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

My, dear, I wouldn't want to waste too much time arguing about what you have already made up your mind to do. That unfortunate guy is not your boyfriend, he is an unfortunate fellow who thinks he has a girlfriend. But the truth is that he doesnt. So please send me his account number and his phone number so that he can confirm when I send him the little that I have.
I really feel sorry for him. Imagine being in love with someone who is not in love with you and who puts you up to public ridicule because of 40K and all these during this time of lockdown, Haba!

Guys this is to you, that you sleep with a girl and tell her you love her doesn't make her your girl friend. Most girls are Bleep friends not girlfriends. The greatest friend a man can have is his fellow man. Please guys always have this at the back of your minds

The unfortunate guy deserves better!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by samlog(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
Why borrow him.. why don't you assist him with the money since it is chicken change to you and safe yourself the headache.
My opinion though
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by THUNDER4real(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5 years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever.

In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again.

When I met my man, he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because of this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband.

Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me, what do you think? Should I borrow him?

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Omobada(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:

Sorry for disturbing you but I better beg than commit suicide. To feed as bcom difficult for me and family. Help a brother. No amount is small. 001. 07. 931. 67 Access bank. Thanks
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Biafrareform(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Wait ohhh, your boyfriend is broke due to oga Coro and is hungry , and You are aasking us if you should borrow him money instead of dashing him.
And u bragging of having more than enough.
Na wah ohhh. Who have birth to all these ladies .

Lord thank You for saving me from ladies like this

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

...but you have broken the vow before. It is not like you are trying to keep to the vow you made. Anyways, give because you want to and not because you were advised to. Be comfortable with it before you give otherwise I think you should keep your money.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by vickydevoka(m): 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ussycool:
Dash him what you can, don't even try to borrow him.
As far as I am concern, I don't borrow my girlfriend money, I gave her what I can and that's all.

And I don't expect my girlfriend to borrow me when I am broke, just give what you can.

And I hate it when my girlfriend make my requests a public topic.
It's a fabricated story na. Wen de mentioned it's a chicken change". I knew something was fishy about dis story
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Futurejoy(f): 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I think it’s best you dash him the money instead of borrowing him because he needs it for food. If you were in his condition he would do same for you. look past your past experiences, I have gone through same but it can’t stop me from doing good to people.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Maobichek: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
mhizace:
borrow or give , anyone shaa
help DAT guy, u no know wetin him go use surprise u with later in life
I must tell you the truth, most guys are not finding it easy these days, I find it difficult to beg so I'm now avoiding my gal somehow but she is already suspecting me, God will help us cos no one anticipated this kind of lockdown oh.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by lillaowow(m): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
Let me rephrase the OP's question

"Dear Nairaland, should I let my boyfriend die of hunger or should I let him survive a tough period of pandemic in good health so he can live to make money and take better care of me of we eventually get married"?

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by vickydevoka(m): 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
I swear that your boyfriend no dey spank you wella for you to ask this kinda question angry
I think we should start gender equality, many women will go into extinction for sure.
Nonsense and...
Gender equality can Neva happen fully in Nigeria. Jst did wat ur fada did.
If ur wife is very rich jst be showing her love, don't ever ask her of her money. Make sure u give her no matter how Small she will respect u. Na brain Dem de use follow 9ja women o no be muscle. Though some na winch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by callmeRichie(m): 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
[quote author=Trayceey post=88687052]

Well, lemme quote my father on this, my main man would always says, "never borrow anyone an amount you can't forgive and forget". Hope you grab i.e never borrow somebody any amount u know u can't dash him in case he/she doesn't want to pay back again.

So if u feel, that chicken change he asked to borrow from you can't hurt you, or u can dash him away in case he doesn't pay up again, then it's up to you, u can borrow him or otherwise sha...

Money can be a confusing somebori sometimes lol... So play smart o
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lol...y'all saying lend him, give him, dash him. Am I his mother? Doesn't he have family members? What if I wasn't in his life? The relationship ain't even up to a year. I have sorted him out with some food stuffs lately and also gave him some little cash and he still wants to borrow that sum from me. So easy for You guys to say. guys are not to be trusted.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by XshegzzyeeiX: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Dear Nairaland Guys;

"Ants will always be attracted to sugar, but they also leave when they have finished the sugar. Be wise, Don't marry a human ant. A person who will only stay married to you while you are sweetly buoyant, and will walkout when you are bitterly broke"

A message from Reno.

A word for the wise is enough.
We learn everyday.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by TSsquare: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Don't borrow him... since you have more than enough, dash him cos you will be saving a life... expect nothing in return so you don't get disappointed... do it for humanity
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
pocohantas:
Haba. How can you be so wicked?

You are not supposed to be asking if you can LEND him. You shouldn’t be here asking any nonsense question.

Whether the past guys have been ingrates or not is totally irrelevant to the fact that- someone you claim to love is currently in need and you are doubting if you should help.

Aunty, do you have conscience at all?
Lol...y'all saying lend him, give him, dash him. Am I his mother? Doesn't he have family members? What if I wasn't in his life? The relationship ain't even up to a year. I have sorted him out with some food stuffs lately and also gave him some little cash and he still wants to borrow that sum from me. So easy for You guys to say. You guys are not to be trusted.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Blackfire(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

Marry me...

I am serious
0706five730224..

5years as girlfriend,that is wickedness.

Like I said ...lam serious ,
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Maobichek: 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
You know your boyfriend better than most people advising you here, if you want to give to him, do it from your heart. No one anticipated this lockdown from the onset and bear in mind that this is the first time we are experiencing this kind of pandemic that requires everyone to stay at home. all guys are not bad, personally I hate begging but if you genuinely love him and see future with him, PLS GIVE HIM, don't lend to him, be rest assured that he will never forget, thank you.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by pocohantas(f): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trayceey:
Lol...y'all saying lend him, give him, dash him. Am I his mother? Doesn't he have family members? What if I wasn't in his life? The relationship ain't even up to a year. I have sorted him out with some food stuffs lately and also gave him some little cash and he still wants to borrow that sum from me. So easy for You guys to say. You guys are not to be trusted.

Nne you are in his life, don’t ask what will happen if you are not there. I don’t know how people love without giving, especially when you are close enough to give. I would never understand a love that doesn’t give. The only exception is if he wouldn’t do same for you.

He wants to borrow because his ego won’t allow him beg for it. So he prefers to owe you. If it is indeed chicken change, please give.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Midex88(m): 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Easybela:
undecided All men are not the same dear,lend him as that will enable you know him more. One huge risk I took while dating was to give my bfs account number to my company and my salary was being paid there. I later had close to 800k in his account, dude went to open a separate account with my name and also got ATM card,the money was safe with him till I needed it,(don't try that though), just to let you know that some guys are angels. Lend him but keep close eye on him

How will your company account/finance dept pay your salary to an account not bearing your name. Were you not encouraged to open an account for yourself even if you have none
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Roseey0(f): 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dash him money na.
Its not a business he is doing with it.
Money for eating naaa embarassed
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by EM123: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
I think this will be a lesson to guys that want to impress girls including me , when u are giving them money u won't think twis , if she touch ur penis and say baby i want to buy the latest samsung galaxy of 80k , u will rush and use ur full salary to buy it for her so that she will be impressed , but when u ask her for little help she will let u know that she is wiser than u , this has tought me alot of lesson , if a girl is working and her phone spolt let her go and buy her self another phone , she should buy her self cloths , unless i have so much money that even if i remove little money from it , it won't pain me . The lesson the question this girl is asking will teach us is for we to think and save for rainy days before thinking about impressing any girl.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Trailblazer93: 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him now that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers
Gehs will always be gehs... No matter how you have supported them once you need their help they must seek public opinion. Why can't ladies assist their men as much as the guys would or have been doing. I don't blame the girls sha I blame dis useless set of simp guys that would do everything for a lady at the expense of their well-being. Help a girl tomorrow she will ditch you, help a guy and their will be lots of jollification in the evening. Guys mak we wise up dis gehs will not be there for us when we need them. Guy whenever you go out with ur lady tell her to foot the bills at times. If she's reluctant DUMP her... Grow some balls SIMPS.....
I AM PAINED ASWEAR
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by letitrainnow(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Comot for road abeg. To borrow person chicken change you are seeking for public opinion, nonsense. Go and sit down. If you like you give, if you don't like you leave.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Angelinastto(f): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
I see no reason why you should not sis. But don't forget the rule of lending. Lend him the amount you can dash him in case he doesn't refund.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Stillthebest: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
kiss

Borrow what? Give him damn money.
On the other hand, he has been working for 5 years, and never married, yet with no-to-a-month lockdown, he is already that broke?

One Would want to ask what type of work he does?

He needs to change the damnnnn job asap.

How is he going to plan to get married to you if he is broke within a month of lockdown after working for five years?

Na daily thrift worker he be?

If na salary worker, Na 15k he dey collect? Or Deb dey owe am?

The story self no collect. You are even online asking if to give your loving man according to yoh if you are to loan him the money that he wants to use to stock up home with groceries ?
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by humblemikel(f): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2020
Sometimes I'm made to believe some threads in Nairaland are created by toddlers
Which kind stupid question be this self.
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by kriss27(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him now that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers
You are myopic and wicked. What if you are the one that needs money from ur guy? You will expect him to dash you!
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Trailblazer93: 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2020
EM123:
I think this will be a lesson to guys that want to impress girls including me , when u are giving them money u won't think twis , if she touch ur penis and say baby i want to buy the latest samsung galaxy of 80k , u will rush and use ur full salary to buy it for her so that she will be impressed , but when u ask her for little help she will let u know that she is wiser than u , this has tought me alot of lesson , if a girl is working and her phone spolt let her go and buy her self another phone , she should buy her self cloths , unless i have so much money that even if i remove little money from it , it won't pain me . The lesson the question this girl is asking will teach us is for we to think and save for rainy days before thinking about impressing any girl.
If you're ready to support her cuz you have so much then you haven't learnt anything yet. After spending 1k for babe and she can't support you with #100 then what are we saying... It's a pity guys will not learn cuz of pus*y and validation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Will You Eat This Food Prepared By Your Enemy? / Ex-efcc Twitter Page Handler Proposes To His Girlfriend. - See Pictures / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.