Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? (46578 Views)

When Last Did You Send Your Boyfriend Money / I Lend My Girlfriend #75000, She Want To Pay Now / “I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Easybela:
undecided All men are not the same dear,lend him as that will enable you know him more. One huge risk I took while dating was to give my bfs account number to my company and my salary was being paid there. I later had close to 800k in his account, dude went to open a separate account with my name and also got ATM card,the money was safe with him till I needed it,(don't try that though), just to let you know that some guys are angels. Lend him but keep close eye on him
Hope you married the Angel?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Jaqenhghar: 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
XhosaNostra:
Then simply buy him the groceries he needs as a kind gesture. No payback. He's your BF after all.
Nice. Very sensible

3 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by DonBenny77(m): 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
Trayceey:
thanks. Is it your money?
Attention seeker, I pity your boyfriend.
Seeking public opinion from a faceless forum to apply in your relationship, do you know what other people are going through in their relationships? You'll get opinions depending on their current mood and state of mind.
You that's in the relationship have the ability to make the right decision.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sometimes I wonder what Nigerians relationships are all about? So you gonna watch your Man starve because you are scared he wouldn't pay back? Have you paid back all he has done for you?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Nice. Very sensible

I'm surprised it's even a question. If you have more than enough for yourself, then go ahead & help somebody else. It's not a matter of love at this point, but doing the right thing for a fellow human being. If he turns out to be an ingrate, oh well, fùck him, at least watching him go to waste in front of your eyes won't be in your conscience.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mtcheeew... u wan help ur boyfriend u go come post am for NL undecided

Na why i no dey take woman help

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Easybela(f): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
coolsure
SweetCunt97:
Hope you married the Angel?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by landmark86: 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Is beta you give him if you have.
Who can tell maybe is the future Dangote of this country. Moreover, money given during hardship is well appreciated no matter how little it maybe.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
DonBenny77:

Attention seeker, I pity your boyfriend.
Seeking public opinion from a faceless forum to apply in your relationship, do you know what other people are going through you'll get opinions depending on their current mood and state of mind.
You that's in the relationship have the ability to make the right decision
it's a faceless forum, no harm done
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by rtdCivilservant: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Easybela:
undecided All men are not the same dear,lend him as that will enable you know him more. One huge risk I took while dating was to give my bfs account number to my company and my salary was being paid there. I later had close to 800k in his account, dude went to open a separate account with my name and also got ATM card,the money was safe with him till I needed it,(don't try that though), just to let you know that some guys are angels. Lend him but keep close eye on him
And u think u have spoken well right? She said the guy has been a good person to her and more over he repaid the previous one he borrowed, u are making it look like it's one big deal. I am very sure if she was in the guy's shoes the guy would have helped her if he could from the little she said about him. U made it look like she should apply extra caution cos she wants to lend money to a good friend (before bf), don't know why u girls feel it is not normal or unusual for a girl to be of help to a guy financially.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by baralatie(m): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Trayceey:
Fellow nairalanders,

I have a pressing issue on ground and I need your contribution. My boyfriend has been working for about 5years now. We've been dating for a while now and he has been so nice and caring. The best ever. In my past experience in relationships, I have been quite generous but the guys turned out to be ingrates so I vowed never to give any boy my penny again. When I met my man,he melted my hardened heart with the love he showered on me. On one occasion, I have borrowed him money and he paid me back. Now he's asking me to borrow him another money. Because if this lockdown, he has gone so broke and he opened up to me. Initially, I did not believe him but when I noticed he has run out of food stuffs and the provisions he normally stock his house with, I believed him. I have more than enough money. The money he's asking for is like chicken change to me. But I don't want him to get used to borrowing from me and I have vowed never to give a guy my money again except if he's my husband. Please I need advice. Fellow ladies like me , what do you think? Should I borrow him?
tell him you broke too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Tchalz(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fidelismaria:

No don't borrow him

Let him die of hunger then clap for yourself for keeping to your vow

Eminado grin grin grin grin

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by baralatie(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fidelismaria:

No don't borrow him

Let him die of hunger then clap for yourself for keeping to your vow

they are not married either by knocking of door,church wedding or in the court.so where did the vow come from?

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by rtdCivilservant: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kobicove:

The fact that he has borrowed before and repaid suggest that he will not default this time.

The fact remains however that an average Nigeria does not like repaying loans.

As a general rule when lending money that is not secured do not part with an amount you cannot afford to loose especially when lending to family and friends.
How did u come about the bolded? I thought I was the only one that came to this conclusion, I have been thinking if it's a Nigerian thing or a general one. If u borrow the average Nigerian money just expect any or all of the following:
- It may lead to the end of ur friendship with the person.
- On the day he/she promised to pay back, he/she won't pay u and will not bother to call u or give u any reason why he/she could not pay you. They would just keep u in the dark
- He/she may see u on the promised day and not mention anything about the money.
- He/she may pretend to have forgotten that he/she borrowed money from u, and if u keep quiet and allow this, ur money don go be that cos they would never come to remind u of it.
Because of these, I don't borrow people money I can't forgo anymore because for me I have never been lucky for people repaying me when I lend them money. Many at times it will get to a point that I will be begging the person, even pleading that he/she should just give me part and forget the rest.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by skillmyman(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Op,
how is he with money around you? is he a giver? has he given you gifts? has he given you money without asking?
the truth is that if you have to give, give him (since you said it is chicken change) and see what happens.
whatever happens in a relationship helps you to know if your partner is trustworthy or not.
Since he has not betrayed your trust in the past, do this for him and I am sure he will be grateful.

my two cents

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by jagaban002(m): 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him nah that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers
I don’t know why some people are with crack Brian so because is broke so she should buy food for him Nd not lend him money , so if he wan recharge is phone make he call her if he need any other things apart from food make he Dey call her . Any one can need help but this your own advice shows how bitter and how wicked u are pls op don’t be deceive by this lonely bitter people borrow him if u can and don’t try to control is life because is Broke

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Happyguy201: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Better don't try ruin your life cause if you borrow him nah that you guys are dating you'll borrow him when you guys are married.....That's if he didn't ask you to borrow him to pay your bride price undecided the best thing you can do for him now is to use get some food stuff for him but don't try the mistake of giving him money cause he might use that money to invite a girl over....set awong borrowers

look at who is talking some people just talk without thinking. somebody she has been dating for 5 years now and always good to her what is the big deal if she borrow him money to pay back after he has been paying back the previous ones . your the bad egg that spoils the good egg . i pity any man in your life because na so so take take u go dey take from him and can never give. fuvking whorre

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by SeunWedsLinda(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
Easybela:
you guys still together?
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by dukeprince50: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
Millenniumlady:
see the rubbish u are saying.
If u are in his shoes will u be happy if a guy did this to u?
U Av been by his side, surpass every other gf he had in the past, u av been supportive and wen things get bad for u and u ask him for cash, he refused and rather tell u he will buy u d foodstuff instead of giving u the money, won't u dump him.
Nonsense and millenniumlady

10 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by gfon(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
I dnt expect you to borrow that guy that money since u said it's like chicken change. Why not dash him the money or better still go to the market and get the foodstuffs that u know would be okay for him

1 Like

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Liliantalks: 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
If he asked you for 20k borrow , give him 10k as dash . Don’t let him feel he can come up borrowing from you everytime , set boundaries to everything , cause na so e take Dey start !! Forget love n caring . Every useless asshole was ones nice n caring . If u do this he would think twice b4 saying anything about borrow again .

Modified :Learn to say No too . If u were not in his life would he die ,, guys like looking for independent women so they can start borrowing from them, then when u refuse it would look like u both r hving an iss. Set the boundaries early and fast

3 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Liliantalks: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
see the rubbish u are saying.
If u are in his shoes will u be happy if a guy did this to u?
U Av been by his side, surpass every other gf he had in the past, u av been supportive and wen things get bad for u and u ask him for cash, he refused and rather tell u he will buy u d foodstuff instead of giving u the money, won't u dump him.
Nonsense and millenniumlady
there is difference between boyfriend and girlfriend, get that
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by dukeprince50: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Liliantalks:
there is difference between boyfriend and girlfriend, get that
so a boyfriend should loan his gf money but a gf shouldn't?
True love doesn't know gender, assisting ur partner is a great arsenal that makes relationship works irrespective of gender

16 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by baralatie(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Liliantalks:
If he asked you for 20k borrow , give him 10k as dash . Don’t let him feel he can come up borrowing from you everytime , set boundaries to everything , cause na so e take Dey start !! Forget love n caring . Every useless asshole was ones nice n caring . If u do this he would think twice b4 saying anything about borrow again .

Modified :Learn to say No too . If u were not in his life would he die ,, guys like looking for independent women so they can start borrowing from them, then when u refuse it would look like u both r hving an iss. Set the boundaries early and fast
now you can see the bottom unresolved issues
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
if u want to help him then help him.since u said the money is like chiken change to you why u having second thoughts of giving him
is he not ur boyfriend?
i am sure if u were the one asking him money and he refused u would call him stingy

10 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Borrow him 20 out of the 40k. He will be alright. I just tire for some babes. U will expect your bobo to support you when down but wont do same. Men don suffer. Now looking like women empowerment by parents and companies is a bad decision

6 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Liliantalks: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
so a boyfriend should loan his gf money but a gf shouldn't?
True love doesn't know gender, assisting ur partner is a great arsenal that makes relationship works irrespective of gender
yes sir
Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
XhosaNostra:
Then simply buy him the groceries he needs as a kind gesture. No payback. He's your BF after all.
she will still come and ask question if its ok to buy groceries for him cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by XhosaNostra(f): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
lefulefu:

grin

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Jaqenhghar: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
lefulefu:
[img]https://media1./images/3e148c91f74465832951cffd88bd1040/tenor.gif?itemid=14134276[/img]
You no well aswear

4 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

[img]https://media1./images/3e148c91f74465832951cffd88bd1040/tenor.gif?itemid=14134276[/img]
You no well aswear
i just tire for some naija babes.one girl the other day used her money to purchase some groceries for me due to this lockdown of a thing.i tried giving her back the money some days ago but she refused.of course she wasnt a naija girl cheesy.if na nigerian girl now she for don dey disturb me make i give her back the money wey she take purchase groceries for me grin.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Lend My Boyfriend Money? by dukeprince50: 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Liliantalks:
yes sir
its like u want me to konk u from here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Do You Guys Do With The Pictures You Disturb Ladies For? / A Beautiful Albino Youth Corper Girl Is In Love With Me... / Why Do Ladies Often Do This To Guys? ~ It's Really Appalling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.