Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

So What If She Has A Car? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So What If She Has A Car? (1710 Views)

He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] / Buy Me A Car Or Forget Wedding, Says Bride / Birthday Delimma: She Bought Me A Car On My Birtday, How Do I Return It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

So What If She Has A Car? by arewa4(f): 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2011
Guys, if u met a lady who is independent and can conveniently take care of herself without relying on men for hand outs; would you be intimidated by such a lady? CANDID OPINIONS PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by donkennyakademy(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2011
your message is not well cleared. Can such a lady intimidate you based on what? Make ur statement to be more cleared so dat we can know on how to reply you.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by MrsEve2(f): 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2011
Are you looking for a ride to a job search Poster?
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by xandy84: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2011
no problem with that, you just gonna be a second class boyfriend, if that is ok by you sha
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by thiscounts(m): 12:43am On Jan 09, 2011
Only if I'm not INDEPENDENT or being unreasonable to shift  roles.I would be happy she is but would never allow her to play my roles of providing for her.And if I do not have the means I might be worried and be on my feet to live up to my responsibilities but for sure whatever the case I cant be intimidated in any way.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 3:03am On Jan 09, 2011
Some are, some aren't
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by 190: 3:06am On Jan 09, 2011
thats my ideal woman!!
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by CrazyMan(m): 3:11am On Jan 09, 2011
Why do most men suffer from inferiority complex?

What makes them feel intimidated by a successful woman?

For me, I see nothing wrong in going out with a working class lady.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:16am On Jan 09, 2011
arewa4:

Guys, if u met a lady who is independent and can conveniently take care of herself without relying on men for hand outs; would you be intimidated by such a lady? CANDID OPINIONS PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN WOULD BE INTIMIDATED WHY ?

WELL YOU USE MONEY TO SHOWER GIRLS WITH GIFTS ETC THEREBY SORT OF TAKING CONTROL OF HER LIFE i.e IF SHE LOOSES YOU SHE WILL LOOSE ALL THOSE THINGS thereby making daft as well SHE CANT THINK OF PROVIDING THINGS FOR HERSELF WITH A MAN BEING INVOLVED
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by arewa4(f): 1:02am On Jan 10, 2011
my reason for asking?

I was at my friend's place sometime ago and she was telling me abt her busy schedule and how she needed a modest automobile to make mobility easier(by the way she's 29, single and has a great job; so she can practically afford it if she wants). Her mum opposed the idea and said buying a car would give the impression of "arrogance" and that it would scare prospective suitors away, i was just wondering what is wrong with a woman taking care of her needs.( our parents and their point of view) undecided
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Canisma(m): 2:40am On Jan 10, 2011
@poster. Yes, it intimidates nigerian men. Not just cars, a sophisticated apartment will also do more harm than good to an unmarried lady of 29. An independent lady that flaunts herself does not promise loyalty to any man/suitor from afar. And mind you, men dont joke with loyalty. I believe some men wont mind though, but then, they are really FEW.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by MrsEve2(f): 2:42am On Jan 10, 2011
Not every man have insecurities about a woman making more money or being independent of a man.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Busta(f): 2:48am On Jan 10, 2011
In America . . . its no big deal, In Nigeria however, it is a VERY big deal indeed.

Not just for the Nigerian men, but the parents and fellow women as well.
- Most Nigerian don't like to date women who has achieved more than they have
- Most Nigerian/Africa parents would rather their kids find a husband first than being a successful independent woman
- Nigeria girls, women and ladies love to oppress each other and the jealousy rate is alarming.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by MrsEve2(f): 3:19am On Jan 10, 2011
That sad. It also sad to see women oppressed into thinking they need a man to be successful regardless the region they live. I can see why they crossed over with other race of men. Sad.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 4:02am On Jan 10, 2011
Canisma:

@poster. Yes, it intimidates nigerian men. Not just cars, a sophisticated apartment will also do more harm than good to an unmarried lady of 29. An independent lady that flaunts herself does not promise loyalty to any man/suitor from afar. And mind you, men dont joke with loyalty. I believe some men wont mind though, but then, they are really FEW.

What does loyalty have to do with independence?
\
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 10, 2011
Yes, I think some men are intimidated in toasting high-class  lady. And thats why in nigeria most independent-successful  women has no husband.Men got Intimidated by their wealth,class,beauty,cars etc.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Madukaele(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2011
Me aint marryin a lady dat is richer dan me. @ iice loyalty is directly proportional 2 indepence. bliv or nt
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2011
Madukaele:

Me aint marryin a lady dat is richer dan me. @ iice loyalty is directly proportional 2 indepence. bliv or nt

LMFAO. . .please, i'm looking for a coherent answer from a sensible person.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by alisigwe(m): 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ icce,gurl don't be lik dat!u r taking every f.ing tin abt dis forum serious.lol
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
What does serious have to do with being coherent? Figures! undecided
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by alisigwe(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2011
It's really sad but it's our way here,my sis got married last mnth @ 24 and before dat her apartment was scantily furnished and am like what d Zap. So i guess it payed off,men tend to see dat as a sign of loyalty and i sincerely wont trip 4 any extravagant lady whenever i want to tie d knots.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by iice(f): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2011
When did being independent become synonymous with extravagant?

Goodness. . .Nigerian Education lipsrsealed
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by queensmith: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2011
The mom is old fashioned!  My father says it all the time- its shameful for a man to marry a woman richer than him!

but buying a car is nothing, it wont make a difference really
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by arewa4(f): 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
Queensmith; my thots exactly a woman that would bruise a man's ego or be disloyal would do so if she has noting or everything, it lies in our tongue which is our greatest weapon and attitude which cant be hidden.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by kcjazz(m): 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2011
Well if she gets a car, then her boyfriend choices should be a guy that has 2 cars or even a jet. Levels don change o grin

But again some men are intimidated by personality while others (Male gold-diggers) are attracted by possessions. Not an easy place to be but she should get her car and be true to herself, come on, its just one man out there for her and he will find her.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Mcleo007(m): 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2011
I honestly don't see any big fuss abt it. Infact, I can't marry a woman who I can't see to be threading the path to success cos I'm a staunch advocate of women being independent and strive for success. Infact,I dnt like my woman bugging me with her problems(I prefer to take the initiative to know how and when to provide financial and material needs for her,and not her telling me). The bone of contention lies within the man in the relationship to manage her i.e the possible excesses. But then,I dnt see being successful a yardstick for being arrogant. A less successful and dependent woman can still be arrogant. For God's sake,this is 2011! Things have changed.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2011
@poster
actually i would advise the gal to get the car so that it would raise the bar for her future potential suitors (unlike what her mother said).
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Omolola1(f): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2011
I see nothing wrong wiv it, it would only make you buckle up to a challenge
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Dsense(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^I flow with sister.
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Omolola1(f): 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2011
lol, hawayu?
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Dsense(m): 1:42pm On Jan 11, 2011
Me fine . . . .
And you?
Was writting exam, just got in cheesy
Re: So What If She Has A Car? by Omolola1(f): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2011
that one is beta, me i dey class nao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confess Your Cheating On This Thread! / In your relationship Who Is More Materialistic? / I Need An Advise From U...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.