Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea (41457 Views)

Manufacturers Wail As Unsold Goods Pile Up In Warehouses / Nigerian Crude Takes New Hit As Buyers Turn To Cheaper Russian Grade / 20 Nigerian Crude Oil Ships Stranded In International Market Over Reduced Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by CapitalCee(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2020
bergs2:
But is it not better they bring home this vessels and sell them at home here?
Just asking

That oil in the sea is unrefined crude oil. We don't have any refinery in Nigeria. We are sitting on a long thing

3 Likes

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by flyingdutchman(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2020
That's roughly 8 to 9 Tankers. Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Mrpojj(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Bad news

And we don't have refinery to even refine and use

1 Like

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2020
2by40ft:

Enjoy your stay in babies factory.
is like the expired rice u chop today dey worry u...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by CapitalCee(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2020
guy222:
They should bring the oil back and share 50 50 litres to us as palliative, abi the oil no be our own again, Atleast some of us go turn mini filling station for one week, selling mode already activated.

Share crude oil to you? Where will you refine it?
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by udoka2013: 10:09am On May 04, 2020
u11ae1013:
apart from fufu and cocoyam soup, what resources can you people boast of
even fufu they may not have. Just tell your poeple to let them go! Marriage is not by force na.

3 Likes

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Ceazario: 10:10am On May 04, 2020
[quote author=TheGiftedOne post=89155434]This is what I call a peep into the future. We will get there and FG eyes go open. Had I known would become the song on their lips. By then man don Jakpa to New Jersey. Say amen (likes) if you want that move.[/quote/] Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by 2by40ft: 10:10am On May 04, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
is like the expired rice u chop today dey worry u...
Na drinking poto dey worry una

2 Likes

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Randerl: 10:10am On May 04, 2020
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Len234: 10:11am On May 04, 2020
What did you people have down there in east if not fufu, incase you dont know the reason why biafra surrender during the civil war i will tell you, your useless biafra surrender just two month after the federal government refuse to send food supply to the east, does that mean anything to you? Surely it does that is if you have sense, for your information i am not an aboki, i am idoma by tribe.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

Bros, u so called idoma boy. Are u sure ur ppl will follow you in your folly in remaining with Nigeria when Biafra comes. I served in idoma land. There is not much business making avanue except foodstuff. Agriculture can be developed by any nation that have lands. Even Israel with desert landshave a strong Agricultural economy. They achieved that with the world best irrigation practices.
China with poisoned lands are the largest exporters of Rice. All these just government policies to diversify the economies of their countries. Each region can achieve Agricultural independence in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Jakama90(m): 10:11am On May 04, 2020
u11ae1013:
Afonja human parts resource.

2 Likes

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Luxurydriverng: 10:12am On May 04, 2020
Very good I love this news. The crude oil has caused more harm than good to us as a country

1 Like

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Ceazario: 10:12am On May 04, 2020
pedrilo:
God pls let oil price remain low so that our govt can put on the thinking cap
Amen
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by macjireh: 10:13am On May 04, 2020
get ur copy and be free from covid19 fear

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Nobody: 10:15am On May 04, 2020
jericco1:
Luckily for them it can be sold in the future
after pay d ship owners, what else will be left?
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Ellie01: 10:17am On May 04, 2020
Bekool:

And buhari's govt just recently wasted $3b looking for more crude oil in the north money that was supposed to have been used to develop other sectors of the Nigerian economy. Economic depression not even recession is now looming around Nigeria.

Even warren buffet lost money in a bad investment....corona virus was an unexpected pandemic n we have joined other nations to feel d pains

1 Like

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Bad news
Good news if U ask me
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by bigiyaro(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2020
pedrilo:
God pls let oil price remain low so that our govt can put on the thinking cap
no be when dem get head to put the cap on.

1 Like

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by erico2k2(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2020
u11ae1013:
they have coal?

1 Like

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Aystarz: 10:22am On May 04, 2020
Heavenschild:
That's what you get when you fail to diversity your economy...

It's like putting all your eggs in one basket...

Lesson to note : Always have a multiple stream of income else you will be stranded the way Nigeria crude oil is stranded on the sea..

Diversification or not, no matter what the idiots in government do, they'll always win at the expense of the masses, and they know it ; that's why they don't care about the crushing eventualities of a mono-economy like ours. In the final analysis, it's the poor who will suffer, while the rich feed on the jumbo largesse they already have stashed away.

2 Likes

Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by idtwo: 10:23am On May 04, 2020
I agree with you. Don't mind the ignorance of f Nwanimo1, the guy who made the initial dangote comment. Head or tail, dangote wins. How?
If the Dangote refinery can start working today, it's even a blessing because we import refined petroleum products like petrol, diesel and kerosene after selling our crude oil. Now, whether we sell the crude or not, we still need those refined products; where will the dollars to buy them come from? We must do everything to atleast locally refine our own crude oil. That won't solve the whole shit but atleast we won't need to import PMS again.

Bevista:
The Dangote comment smacks of ignorance. Dangote doesn't own the stranded oil. If anything, he would be happy to buy cheap oil for his refinery.
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Festus1010: 10:24am On May 04, 2020
Story for the God's
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by jericco1(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2020
nelkon9999:
after pay d ship owners, what else will be left?

What then do you suggest?
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Ceazario: 10:30am On May 04, 2020
amc:

The bulk of the $3bn was money spent by previous governments.

https://guardian.ng/news/3b-down-the-drain-oil-in-north-remains-elusive/
It is finished
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Nobody: 10:31am On May 04, 2020
jericco1:

What then do you suggest?
they should bring it back and we will refine it locally the our ND brothers have bn refining it.
they should legalize those illegal refineries and help them to be able to purely refine those shits.
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Nobody: 10:32am On May 04, 2020
erico2k2:
Good news if U ask me
Hmn how is it good news
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Nobody: 10:32am On May 04, 2020
Flyingngel:
This is crazily insane.
We need God's intervention.

To do what, if I may ask??

You have brains that He's given you, so what are you using that for?

I'll grant your sentiment, if not your intention, but this is the part about Nigerians that I dislike. Use your brains to tackle issues facing you, nope, they'll trot out this same response, then do absolutely nothing about the situation at hand.
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by AkhereOkaka(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2020
Flyingngel:
This is crazily insane.
We need God's intervention.
We should stop calling God's name in vain, for a long while they where advised to diversify the economy but no. They where busy diversifying on the pages of newspapers, televisions and radio. now they will know what has hit them(political leaders) and the common Nigerians who will suffer from this. The sad truth is that they won't learn
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by Nobody: 10:33am On May 04, 2020
Mrpojj:

And we don't have refinery to even refine and use
but dangote is building one na
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by chaloskyx: 10:33am On May 04, 2020
what more can i say even with all these challenges once corona-virus ends its back to business as usual they would never diversify the economy
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by jericco1(m): 10:34am On May 04, 2020
nelkon9999:
they should bring it back and we will refine it locally the our ND brothers have bn refining it.
they should legalize those illegal refineries and help them to be able to purely refine those shits.

You know they won't do that.. it's illegal for a reason
Re: 84m Barrels Of Nigerian Crude Oil Unsold, Stranded At Sea by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:37am On May 04, 2020
2by40ft:

Na drinking poto dey worry una
same potopoto people are encroaching ur ancestral land, don't worry by the time hunger virus done with u, u will mine ur useless parents skull and aution them on eBay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Imam Who Saved Birom Christians In Plateau Fulani Killings (Photo) / Reno To Aregbesola: Tinubu, Oyetola Will Destroy You, Expose Asiwaju’s Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.