Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra (5896 Views)

Tinubu Rallies Governors In Mission For APC Ticket / Joining Your People To Call For Secession Is Wrong - Ganduje Tells Colleagues / The Grenade Of A Security Personnel Exploded Not A Suicide Bomber - EBSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 9:41am On May 09, 2020
We all know how the Igbos want to secede from Nigeria, the first declaration of independence from Nigeria resulted in civil war between Biafra and Nigeria. But let's look at it in this manner, what if the federal government of Nigeria granted them the permission to leave, what are the likely scenarios to happen?

First of all the South South have witnessed what Igbo-dominated state will look like so they would rather stay away from seceding with the Igbos after what they suffered as minorities during the Nigeria civil war.

We have read how Biafran Soldiers killed and raped minorities and subjected many of them to torture. This experience will make them not likely to follow the Igbos and secede with them. So igbos is only getting their five states landlocked country. No access to sea and no port to import goods.

Igbo trades contributing nothing to Nigeria economy because it only weaken the value of their Naira. Because igbos majorly import their goods with little to nothing to export in return for Balance of Payment

What is Balance of Payment?

Let me explain

When there are too many imports coming into a country in relation to its exports which are products shipped from that country to a foreign destination—it can distort a nation’s balance of trade and devalue its currency. The devaluation of a country's currency can have a huge impact on the everyday life of a country's citizens because the value of a currency is one of the biggest determinants of a nation’s economic performance and its gross domestic product (GDP)

Immediately igbos secede from Nigeria, there would be no port for them to use again from Lagos. So its either they dredge their rivers or negotiate with South South(Nigeria state) to import. This will weaken the Biafra Currency quickly because they have little to nothing to export in return to balance their trade.

But let assume the South South followed the South East after very much persuasion. The moment oil is not available, Nigeria will find something else but igbo will want to satisfied the Hunger of many years of not having access to oil thereby leading to oil war with the South south. By this time South south will be already regretting their actions.

Lastly with the kind of leader the IPOB have. The future of Biafra doesn't look great. Recently the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, on Friday celebrated the release of the Chief Whip, Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu after he recorded victory at the apex Court. This is same Orji Kalu that was prosecuted and found guilty of looting his state fund. Are this the kind of people Nnamdi Kalu will enforce on new Biafra?

The only thing holding Nigeria back in granting secession to South East five states is because other tribes will want to follow suit there by destabilizing Nigeria. Nigeria is not worried of Biafra because actualization of Biafra is a self-destruct mission.

#minorityOpinion

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 9:41am On May 09, 2020
Please I don't hate igbos! They are my brothers. I love them and wish them best of luck. Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 9:47am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
We all know how the Igbos want to secede from Nigeria, the first declaration of independence from Nigeria resulted in civil war between Biafra and Nigeria. But let's look at it in this manner, what if the federal government of Nigeria granted them the permission to leave, what are the likely scenarios to happen?

First of all the South South have witnessed what Igbo-dominated state will look like so they would rather stay away from seceding with the Igbos after what they suffered as minorities during the Nigeria civil war.

We have read how Biafran Soldiers killed and raped minorities and subjected many of them to torture. This experience will make them not likely to follow the Igbos and secede with them. So igbos is only getting their five states landlocked country. No access to sea and no port to import goods.

Igbo trades contributing nothing to Nigeria economy because it only weaken the value of their Naira. Because igbos majorly import their goods with little to nothing to export in return for Balance of Payment

Let me explain

Immediately igbos secede from Nigeria, there would be no port for them to use again from Lagos. So its either they dredge their rivers or negotiate with South South(Nigeria state) to import. This will weaken the Biafra Currency quickly because they have little to nothing to export in return to balance their trade.

But let assume the South South followed the South East after very much persuasion. The moment oil is not available, Nigeria will find something else but igbo will want to satisfied the Hunger of many years of not having access to oil thereby leading to oil war with the South south. By this time South south will be already regretting their actions.

Lastly with the kind of leader the IPOB have. The future of Biafra doesn't look great. Recently the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, on Friday celebrated the release of the Chief Whip, Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu after he recorded victory at the apex Court. This is same Orji Kalu that was prosecuted and found guilty of looting his state fund. Are this the kind of people Nnamdi Kalu will enforce on new Biafra?

The only thing holding Nigeria back in granting secession to South East five states is because other tribes will want to follow suit there by destabilizing Nigeria. Nigeria is not worried of Biafra because actualization of Biafra is a self-destruct mission.

#minorityOpinion

Early this Morning, nawa oo

1. Go read about the economy of the Old Eastern region under Michael Okpara
2. Bear in mind that their is nothing like SS and SE..mention all the ethnic groups in the region
3. Check list of manufacturing centres in igboland
4. Read your 1999 constitution
5. Listen to IPOB broadcast from 2017-date

19 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by dukeprince50: 9:49am On May 09, 2020
If Igbo leave Nigeria, I'll like the SS to also leave the country. Whether Biafra or Nigeria, they are the same set of people and SS should have their own country.
that said, No region can survive as a separate country without oil, maybe Lagos, Rivers and Delta could as a country of its own. BTW, Igbos main goal is to be part of those that share the national cake, during last administration weh looting was like a religion, Igbos didn't say anything about separation, the Yorubas felt they are marginalized but now that the thing don change course, both the Yoruba and Igbos totally forgot about Yesterday. Imagine someone calling GEJ a saint cos his administration favoured them and another set of people are calling Buhari a saint cos his administration also favoured them.
As long as I am concerned, both PMB and GEJ are demons and are major players to our present predicaments. If Obi become a gov 2023, the Yorubas will complain about marginalization and u Biafra struggle will be buried

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 9:49am On May 09, 2020
Kwashiman:

You can take that your love and shove it up your ass, at least be man enough to state your tribe? Afonja pig!

That's the problem of Nigeria. Tribalism. Free yourself from yoke of tribalism. Tribalism is not good for Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by oyin44: 9:51am On May 09, 2020
grin
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 9:54am On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:

Early this Morning, nawa oo

1. Go read about the economy of the Old Eastern region under Michael Okpara
2. Bear in mind that their is nothing like SS and SE..mention all the ethnic groups in the region
3. Check list of manufacturing centres in igboland
4. Read your 1999 constitution
5. Listen to IPOB broadcast from 2017-date

Old Eastern economy is living in glory past. Unless igbos will leave trading and go back to agriculture.

What are they manufacturing? Goods coming in for China and they slap Eastern company name on it. Still that wouldn't balance your import because you're not exporting it outside Nigeria after importing the materials from outside Nigeria.

Listen to the rant and rambling of kanu? Thank you.

Bro, I like they way you approach the topic, u b senior man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by edochie12: 9:55am On May 09, 2020
U are quick to tell us disadvantages of seceding from Nigeria but didn't tell us the advantages and benefits like em

27 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 9:55am On May 09, 2020
Kriss216:

God punish your love! Who's your brother
Brother beggar!

One love

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by kettykings: 9:56am On May 09, 2020
so biafra is still giving some people night mare

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 9:56am On May 09, 2020
edochie12:
U are quick to tell us disadvantages of seceding from Nigeria but didn't tell us the advantages and benefits like em

Thanks,pease enlighten me the benefits I might gain something.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by mrvitalis(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Please I don't hate igbos! They are my brothers. I love them and wish them best of luck. Thank you all
Bros we both saw your post ...why won't u be proud of your Yoruba heritage

Secondly if you care to know ... Once biafra separates ...imo River and river Niger becomes international waters ...so please relax

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by gidgiddy: 9:57am On May 09, 2020
There are many landlocked countries like Ethiopia, Bostwana that are doing even better than Nigeria. Having a coastline is not everything. Besides, River ports can be built at Obuaku in Abia and Oguta in Imo because both area have tributaries that run into the athlantic ocean

When Biafra gets independence, it will not be easy but it is better to be suffering but in control of your destiny than to be suffering under Nigerian control

Freedom is one of the most honourable things any people csn aspire to and may it be the portion of the Biafrans

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Sammy07: 9:57am On May 09, 2020
Actually, South South is South East Hope.

They should not keep hating on South South.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by edochie12: 9:58am On May 09, 2020
U are quick to tell us disadvantages of seceding from Nigeria but didn't tell us the advantages and benefits like employment opportunities for everybody,nothing like nepotism or tribalism,we will safeguard our borders from marauders,better respect yourself and face ur tribe.

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by meekhat: 9:58am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Let me explain

#minorityOpinion
As a lover of truth, I hold you in high esteem in this forum (though you sometimes manifest 'racism') but with what you wrote up there, I am tempted to change my mind. Like serious, are you a paid agent here? How can you ignore your reservoir of truth (conscience) and be spreading lies. So, the Igbo speaking Rivers state will choose Nigeria in place of "Biafra"? Bros abeg, other tribes know that Nigeria will be gone should Igbos be allowed to go! That is the SIMPLE TRUTH, please deal with it. I AM A LOVER OF TRUTH

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:01am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Bros we both saw your post ...why won't u be proud of your Yoruba heritage

Secondly if you care to know ... Once biafra separates ...imo River and river Niger becomes international waters ...so please relax

That's why I said dredged rivers. Man you weren't paying attention
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:01am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
you're no body to say ss wont want to go with biafra.. I dont trust the igbos either, I'm from ss.. but compared to Nigeria.. I'd prefer to go with igbos.. but one thing I know for sure is .. biafra wont be coming from NMK.. and if youd do a poll.. you'll find out most ss tribe would rather go with the igbos than bn stock in a fulani empire called Nigeria

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by nabiz(m): 10:02am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Let me explain

#minorityOpinion
what we igbo need to succeed is unity of purpose. If we I united which will happen there is nothing the set there mind to achieve that will not come to pass. I can sacrifice my life for igbo to succeed believing that igbos will appreciate me, but can I sacrifice my life for Nigeria to be great? Mmmm lol. What we need to succeed in igbo land is peace unity and JUSTICE. The best assets in the world is human capital assets. Do you know that a developed country will spend one million naira to develop a citizen and that citizen will happily pay tax time 10 or more till the end of his life. Nigeria human capital is a liability and not asset. They contribute nothing to government because government has refused to develop it. With peace, love, unity and justice we can achieve anything we want though it may take time because we will build a new foundation. Sacrifice must be paid yes but in long run our children will be proud of us. We can build a plane that can carry all we néed to ship or import without using ship. All we need is unity and justice nothing on earth is impossible. DO YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU KILL A SINGLE US CITIZEN THEY WILL WEEP BECAUSE YOU HAVE KILLED A NATIONAL ASSET BUT IF YOU KILL A NIGERIAN IN NIGERIA WE WILL REJOICE BECAUSE YOU KILL A LIABILITY. Nigeria police will testify

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by warripekin(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2020
Folks like you especially from the southwest and the far north are scared shit of Biafra. in your sane mind, you think if the south east exit Nigeria to day , that the rest of Nigeria will remain the same. By the way, why are you guys always on igbo matter. Why not allow them be. if they so want Biafra, so be it. They are confident they will survive and thrive and I think they are right whether landlocked or not they believe in themselves.
What exactly does the yoruba man want?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:07am On May 09, 2020
meekhat:

As a lover of truth, I hold you in high esteem in this forum (though you sometimes manifest 'racism') but with what you wrote up there, I am tempted to change my mind. Like serious, are you a paid agent here? How can you ignore your reservoir of truth (conscience) and be spreading lies. So, the Igbo speaking Rivers state will choose Nigeria in place of "Biafra"? Bros abeg, other tribes know that Nigeria will be gone should Igbos be allowed to go! That is the SIMPLE TRUTH, please deal with it. I AM A LOVER OF TRUTH

I like your approach, you see I know there must be advantages of seceding from Nigeria, but the topic is focused on disadvantages. You can write on the advantages yourself.

Bro I'm one pissed off nairalander. You see I only read news but you see the hate, lies and propaganda igbos dish out to other ethnic everyday will make you vex to start countering their lies and propaganda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by mrvitalis(m): 10:09am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

That's why I said dredged rivers. Man you weren't paying attention
How ever we would suffer and die in biafra it's better than the present Nigeria ...leave us alone
..face your Yoruba problem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by nairalandankrah: 10:10am On May 09, 2020
The opinion From a MINORITY remains infinitesimal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:15am On May 09, 2020
dukeprince50:
If Igbo leave Nigeria, I'll like the SS to also leave the country. Whether Biafra or Nigeria, they are the same set of people and SS should have their own country.
that said, No region can survive as a separate country without oil, maybe Lagos, Rivers and Delta could as a country of its own. BTW, Igbos main goal is to be part of those that share the national cake, during last administration weh looting was like a religion, Igbos didn't say anything about separation, the Yorubas felt they are marginalized but now that the thing don change course, both the Yoruba and Igbos totally forgot about Yesterday. Imagine someone calling GEJ a saint cos his administration favoured them and another set of people are calling Buhari a saint cos his administration also favoured them.
As long as I am concerned, both PMB and GEJ are demons and are major players to our present predicaments. If Obi become a gov 2023, the Yorubas will complain about marginalization and u Biafra struggle will be buried

You are a wise man. You understand Nigeria perfectly

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 10:16am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Old Eastern economy is living in glory past. Unless igbos will leave trading and go back to agriculture.

What are they manufacturing? Goods coming in for China and they slap Eastern company name on it. Still that wouldn't balance your import because you're not exporting it outside Nigeria after importing the materials from outside Nigeria.

Listen to the rant and rambling of kanu? Thank you.

Bro, I like they way you approach the topic, u b senior man.

I mentioned constitution...this is due to exclusive and concurrent list..

Oil and Gas acts under the mineral law has affected a lot of people not just igbo but even ijaw, itshekiri.

There are a lot of marginal field and big field within d region but the so called oil companies operating dz field are in lagos island...
The will claim that its because of insecurity but I ask you the Oil servicing firms in Ph and Warri, are they attacked by the locals..the answer is no, why?..because the kip to their own terms of agreement..
It will shock you to know dz Oil and Gas is everywia in the region even up to from the Ijawland, Kalabari to Igbo land.

Igboland also have other mineral resources like coal, limestone.

Manufacturing:
Car plant: cutting off Japan, France, US, Sweden and even South Korea automobile influence in Africa
Drugs: its not in doubt. Infact in imo state majority use Dr Agnes Nwama herbal dental paste against d closeup and MacLean toothpaste:

Cables
Car Battery
Textile
Shoes
A lot of things you wil not see if u are not in d region

Untapped resouces:
Guns: though locally made guns are done illegally, its still a technology dt will ensure almost zero importation of arms
Explosives: same too.

Have you ever asked yourself why was it that of all of the ethnic groups in Nigeria, it was only the Benin and People of the Old eastern region that gave the colonial masters tough time.

Simple the brought Trade, the two fellas proved sophisticated in trade...the brought war and yet after the conquest their was never peace of mind.

The Aba women riot or should I say revolution ending the taxation of women and the prelude to other crises..

10 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by surgical: 10:17am On May 09, 2020
gidgiddy:
There are many landlocked countries like Ethiopia, Bostwana that are doing even better than Nigeria. Having a coastline is not everything. Besides, River ports can be built at Obuaku in Abia and Oguta in Imo because both area have tributaries that run into the athlantic ocean

When Biafra gets independence, it will not be easy but it is better to be suffering but in control of your destiny than to be suffering under Nigerian control

Freedom is one of the most honourable things any people csn aspire to and may it be the portion of the Biafrans
These people are afraid of what Biafra will become as an independent state,all this hue and cry is. Not for the love of the Igbos,why are they crying more than the bereaved or is it their suffer, the association with Nigeria is stifling the ingenuity of the people of Japan of Africa,the Igbo nation can only be greater not otherwise,no reasonable forward think ethnic group will want to continue with the present nonsense,
I am Yoruba and i support self determination

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pic Of Tinubu Wearing Isi Agu / Gas Supply Constraints May Worsen As NLNG Embarks On Plant Maintenance Feb 2024 / National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.