Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra (5955 Views)

Tinubu Rallies Governors In Mission For APC Ticket / Joining Your People To Call For Secession Is Wrong - Ganduje Tells Colleagues / The Grenade Of A Security Personnel Exploded Not A Suicide Bomber - EBSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by OreMI22: 5:33pm On May 09, 2020
The most perplexing thing about nigerians is that they desperately want Biafra to remain as part of Nigeria. Yet they will fight tooth and nail to prevent an egalitarian society in Nigeria.

Nigeria's breakup is now inevitable. The only delay now is how to make it as peaceful as possible.Not that the oppressed Igbo youths today are not eager to take the fight to anyone who would like to fight to keep them enslaved, but wiser minds are prevailing on them to avoid unnecessary conflicts. I know in late 2017 that there were serious activities at sourcing weapons from Belarus and Ukraine.
Similar activities could have happened elsewhere. I would advise anyone searching for arms deals to continue because there will still be some bloodshed nonetheless. It is naive to expect freedom without fighting your oppressor. Nigeria's collapse is totally inevitable today.

COVID-19 and Oil price may just be God's way of helping Nigeria collapse peacefully without killing innocent people in the process. Many other groups including the northern minorities have realized that the Igbos had been right all along!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by OreMI22: 5:41pm On May 09, 2020
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by ejanla077: 9:18pm On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
We all know how the Igbos want to secede from Nigeria, the first declaration of independence from Nigeria resulted in civil war between Biafra and Nigeria. But let's look at it in this manner, what if the federal government of Nigeria granted them the permission to leave, what are the likely scenarios to happen?

First of all the South South have witnessed what Igbo-dominated state will look like so they would rather stay away from seceding with the Igbos after what they suffered as minorities during the Nigeria civil war.

We have read how Biafran Soldiers killed and raped minorities and subjected many of them to torture. This experience will make them not likely to follow the Igbos and secede with them. So igbos is only getting their five states landlocked country. No access to sea and no port to import goods.

Igbo trades contributing nothing to Nigeria economy because it only weaken the value of their Naira. Because igbos majorly import their goods with little to nothing to export in return for Balance of Payment

What is Balance of Payment?

Let me explain

Immediately igbos secede from Nigeria, there would be no port for them to use again from Lagos. So its either they dredge their rivers or negotiate with South South(Nigeria state) to import. This will weaken the Biafra Currency quickly because they have little to nothing to export in return to balance their trade.

But let assume the South South followed the South East after very much persuasion. The moment oil is not available, Nigeria will find something else but igbo will want to satisfied the Hunger of many years of not having access to oil thereby leading to oil war with the South south. By this time South south will be already regretting their actions.

Lastly with the kind of leader the IPOB have. The future of Biafra doesn't look great. Recently the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, on Friday celebrated the release of the Chief Whip, Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu after he recorded victory at the apex Court. This is same Orji Kalu that was prosecuted and found guilty of looting his state fund. Are this the kind of people Nnamdi Kalu will enforce on new Biafra?

The only thing holding Nigeria back in granting secession to South East five states is because other tribes will want to follow suit there by destabilizing Nigeria. Nigeria is not worried of Biafra because actualization of Biafra is a self-destruct mission.

#minorityOpinion

In other words nigeria cant do without oil

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Okoroawusa: 9:28pm On May 09, 2020
Igbos are going nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Oladeji245(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
surgical:
my brother,i am a Yoruba guy , please forget this myopic tinubu and APC people of the moment,join hands with afeninifere they are the true progressive,who believe in equity and fairness for all irrespective of your tribe,while the tinubu camp believe in political advantage and selfish without forward thinking
I said this for you and your other guys not to lump all Yorubas together, to see that many Yorubas believe in your cause,that it is the manipulators that wants to maintain the status quo that is sowing the seeds of discord and you guys should not fall for it
It may be a long walk to freedom but freedom is certain let's keep our eyes on the ball and avoid all forms of distractions, which is what this whole afonja and ipob issues you always see on the social media is all about,it is orchestrated.
grayoso and tosic will say u are not yoruba,you are ipob and igbo..
any yoruba not supporting their selfish party is ipob

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by ejanla077: 5:19pm On May 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, I can see anger all over your comment.
You're talking of Natural gas, no be the same governors wey looted your states during the Oil boom, go dey loot you lr states during the Gas boom?
how is this any of ur business
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by ejanla077: 5:24pm On May 10, 2020
Area4Area:
Not as if anyone or anything is holding Igbos from leaving Nigeria, just their indecision and penchant for blaming everyone for anything is is holding them back
so why re you all over this thread discouraging Igbos

Re u dis scared of staying alone with aboki
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by NwaAro: 5:25pm On May 10, 2020
Dikebuka:

Early this Morning, nawa oo

1. Go read about the economy of the Old Eastern region under Michael Okpara
2. Bear in mind that their is nothing like SS and SE..mention all the ethnic groups in the region
3. Check list of manufacturing centres in igboland
4. Read your 1999 constitution
5. Listen to IPOB broadcast from 2017-date
Nwanne I created an social interface, a group strictly for Igbos mind to join and rub minds together for Igbo affairs.

Email me on Kwashisomto@gmail.com so I can share the link with you. I'm passing the info to other Igbos on here as well.

Daalu
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by NwaAro: 5:26pm On May 10, 2020
Eastlink:
Afonja. Lol! You can keep deceiving yourself not me. I had my suspicion earlier. Rivers man my foot.

Nwanne I created an social interface, a group strictly for Igbos mind to join and rub minds together for Igbo affairs.

Email me on Kwashisomto@gmail.com so I can share the link with you. I'm passing the info to other Igbos on here as well.

Daalu
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by NwaAro: 5:26pm On May 10, 2020
OreMI22:
The most perplexing thing about nigerians is that they desperately want Biafra to remain as part of Nigeria. Yet they will fight tooth and nail to prevent an egalitarian society in Nigeria.

Nigeria's breakup is now inevitable. The only delay now is how to make it as peaceful as possible.Not that the oppressed Igbo youths today are not eager to take the fight to anyone who would like to fight to keep them enslaved, but wiser minds are prevailing on them to avoid unnecessary conflicts. I know in late 2017 that there were serious activities at sourcing weapons from Belarus and Ukraine.
Similar activities could have happened elsewhere. I would advise anyone searching for arms deals to continue because there will still be some bloodshed nonetheless. It is naive to expect freedom without fighting your oppressor. Nigeria's collapse is totally inevitable today.

COVID-19 and Oil price may just be God's way of helping Nigeria collapse peacefully without killing innocent people in the process. Many other groups including the northern minorities have realized that the Igbos had been right all along!

Daalu
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 6:44am On May 11, 2020
NwaAro:

Daalu

The Gmail is not going
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by NwaAro: 11:02am On May 11, 2020
Dikebuka:

The Gmail is not going
Try BoboNkiti19@gmail.com
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by NwaAro: 3:00pm On May 11, 2020
Dikebuka:

The Gmail is not going
Please I created a social networking/group interface for Igbos to join and discuss matters relating to us, to join (I'll email the link), Biko for those that are interested in joining the group, send me an email at BoboNkiti19@gmail.com for details...
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 5:08pm On May 11, 2020
NwaAro:

Please I created a social networking/group interface for Igbos to join and discuss matters relating to us, to join (I'll email the link), Biko for those that are interested in joining the group, send me an email at BoboNkiti19@gmail.com for details...

Alright Bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Historical Similarities Between Yoruba And Benin, How Ife Beget Benin / Lagos East By-Election: Supreme Court Affirms Abiru’s Victory, APC Hails Verdict / Until You Go Abroad,you May Not Know(opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.