Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra (5937 Views)

Tinubu Rallies Governors In Mission For APC Ticket / Joining Your People To Call For Secession Is Wrong - Ganduje Tells Colleagues / The Grenade Of A Security Personnel Exploded Not A Suicide Bomber - EBSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Akponmfet: 11:53am On May 09, 2020
This is a very stupid post.
Can you people stop putting South South in Igbo calculations please.
We have nothing in common with our Igbo brothers, they have the right to go where they want to but we feel offended that SS has to be used in their calculations all the time.
Our mission is to be part of Nigeria or achieve our goal of Republic of Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 12:01pm On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

When Biafra goes Niger Delta can never be in Nigeria ....so relax face your Yoruba nation
Let Biafra go first before insinuating
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Sunriserealtors: 12:05pm On May 09, 2020
If this is what you can produce with your brain after going to school for and paying school fees. I am sorry you have to protest for refund of your school fees because you learnt nothing

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 12:06pm On May 09, 2020
gidgiddy:

You are limited in your thinking. This has got nothing to do even with the sea. Ethiopia is landlocked, thats why they built the largest air transportation system in Africa. Almost everything Ethiopia imports and exports is now by air. Just Ethiopian Airlines alone is worth more than all the seaports in Nigeria. Just that company alone flys passengers and goods wirth billions to hundreds of countries every day. Ethiopia's air transportation system is so advanced that Nigeria cannot even dream of having such even in 50 years time.

And Nigerians are still talking about who has access to the sea and who has coastline. Biafra will get its independence some day and move foward because every thing about Nigeria is all about moving backwards.
Now the question of landlocked is gone and you now believe that Biafra would be landlocked, tell us the percentage of Ethiopia's import and export that is by air, remember countries can't fly over the airspace of another without permission and have it at the back of your mind that Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Deebwebb: 12:07pm On May 09, 2020
Another Yoruba skull miner on the loose...what's your business if we join Biafra, acting like you speak for us,why you are a full fledged Yoruba ritualists...I am from the igbo speaking region in delta and we will join Biafra,but some us we have their republic,and will surely be strong allies....my brothers in the non speaking igbo tribe will leave Nigeria ones Biafra succeed, that's why I keep supporting Biafra because that's the doorway to our freedom. I know Yoruba's are scared of that happening,that's the reason for trying to cause disunity among the eastern region,but we know better,Nigeria have dealt with us,so no more supporting Nigeria against Biafra,all we are waiting for is the right time and leader,cos I don't understand KANU pattern...but for us to seccede we need to first come together as one eastern region,without that we won't be strong enough to succeed,

All we need is a good leader from any states in eastern region to meet all clan leaders and kings in the eastern region, reach an agreement,know people with you and against you, only then can we seccede successfully..

project Nigeria failed,Venezuela history repeating itself already,overpopulation by 2030 on the way by international statistics cos of the north birth rate.so I understand why Yoruba's hate anything eastern region leaving them,because without us nobody to balance the equation,north will ra*pe them to death.....
Support Biafra/Deltan republic......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Sunriserealtors: 12:08pm On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

There can never be employment opportunities for everybody. But it can be improved compare to what Nigeria have.

When clans of the same village cant even come to terms or when there is tales of Osu or when Anambra and imo consider igbos from ebonyi to be low class.

You guys are obessed with Biafra
Such energy is bad for young people
Time na money
Don't look for who no know You
Face Oduduwa Republic

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 12:11pm On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:

Human Being by default have long and short term goals.

Longterm: Exit from from Nigeria ( total freedom)
Short term: Economic and Regional Freedom

We explored short term goal in 2017 and it failed woefully in the HOA

Its not possible with national assembly due to the kind of parliamentary system put in place.

Senate based on 3 zones per state across the 36 state and fct.

Northern states= 19 multiplied by 3= 57
South states= 17 multiplied by 3= 51
Abuja= 1

HOR based on land mass
North Majority
South Minority

Now we explore Total freedom outside Nigeria
Since that didn't work, what other option do you think you have?
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by pazienza(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2020
Sammy07:
Actually, South South is South East Hope.

They should not keep hating on South South.

Go and sit down.
We don't need any SS or whatever that means.

Inukwa hope! Frankenstein hope. Natural gas and not crude is the future, and like SS, SE have just enough Natural gas.

Just dey your dey and stop dreaming of SE needing you.
I don't blame you lots, I blame IPOB for giving you guys this over bloated sense of importance to Ndiigbo.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 12:24pm On May 09, 2020
Area4Area:
Since that didn't work, what other option do you think you have?

Outright rejection of everything that has to do with Nigeria..

Total freedom

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by pazienza(m): 12:27pm On May 09, 2020
surgical:
These people are afraid of what Biafra will become as an independent state,all this hue and cry is. Not for the love of the Igbos,why are they crying more than the bereaved or is it their suffer, the association with Nigeria is stifling the ingenuity of the people of Japan of Africa,the Igbo nation can only be greater not otherwise,no reasonable forward think ethnic group will want to continue with the present nonsense,
I am Yoruba and i support self determination

You begin to wonder.
Malaysians believed the Singaporeans were a liability they didn't want anymore.
What did they do? They amended their constitution and voted in their parliament to expel Singapore from the Malay federation.

That's how you match actions with words. The average Nigerian resent the Igbo, they tell us how Biafra will be a failed country, yet they get green with envy and full of hate when we mention about Biafra and desire to be free from the rest of Nigeria. They know fully well that Ndiigbo hate Nigeria with a venom not even Lucifer can muster.
If you believe something is worthless or a liability, it's common sense to just discard it, especially when they don't want you too.

Sometimes I wonder how Nigeria intend to be a great nation with 30 million plus willing fifth columnists occupying 1/6 of her territory.
If Nigeria should engage any foreign power in war tomorrow, Ndiigbo would readily serve as fifth columnist to the foreign power to bring down Nigeria, in exchange for the foreign power help to free ourselves from Nigeria. That's how stupid it is for Nigeria to keep Ndiigbo in Nigeria, when she(Nigeria) is not a super power yet.

If Nigeria know what is good for her, she would vote to purge Igbo republic from Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Sammy07: 12:31pm On May 09, 2020
pazienza:

Go and sit down.

Inukwa hope! Frankenstein hope. Natural gas and not crude is the future, and like SS, SE have just enough Natural gas.

I don't blame you lots, I blame IPOB for giving you guys this over bloated sense of importance to Ndiigbo.

Lol, I can see anger all over your comment.
You're talking of Natural gas, no be the same governors wey looted your states during the Oil boom, go dey loot you lr states during the Gas boom?
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Kinematics: 12:33pm On May 09, 2020
Very shameful and disgusting seeing ibomen having sleepless nights over the SS. Ibos in this thread, no Niger Deltan has ever opposed your struggle for Biafra, however it's very disgusting seeing you guys add the SS to your Biafra. You believe you have right to take your destiny into your hands but others dont.

Very disgusting indeed.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 12:35pm On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:

Outright rejection of everything that has to do with Nigeria..

Total freedom
How do you get the total freedom, waiting on Nigeria to give it to you or going all out to wrestle it from Nigeria?
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Kinematics: 12:37pm On May 09, 2020
pazienza:

Go and sit down.

See this one that his people cannot live a day without attaching themselves to the SS. You better enlighten your blodas on the reality of things. As at today biafra adds nothing to the Niger Delta besides useless population and crime. Here in the SS we already have our own unique issues and dont need biafrans to make it worse.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by surgical: 12:41pm On May 09, 2020
pazienza:

You begin to wonder.
Malaysians believed the Singaporeans were a liability they didn't want anymore.
What did they do? They amended their constitution and voted in their parliament to expel Singapore from the Malay federation.

That's how you match actions with words. The average Nigerian resent the Igbo, they tell us how Biafra will be a failed country, yet they get green with envy and full of hate when we mention about Biafra and desire to be free from the rest of Nigeria.
If you believe something is worthless or a liability, it's common sense to just discard it, especially when they don't want you too.

my brother,i am a Yoruba guy , please forget this myopic tinubu and APC people of the moment,join hands with afeninifere they are the true progressive,who believe in equity and fairness for all irrespective of your tribe,while the tinubu camp believe in political advantage and selfish without forward thinking
I said this for you and your other guys not to lump all Yorubas together, to see that many Yorubas believe in your cause,that it is the manipulators that wants to maintain the status quo that is sowing the seeds of discord and you guys should not fall for it
It may be a long walk to freedom but freedom is certain let's keep our eyes on the ball and avoid all forms of distractions, which is what this whole afonja and ipob issues you always see on the social media is all about,it is orchestrated.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 09, 2020
Example of benefits for being a Nigerian pls
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 12:45pm On May 09, 2020
Area4Area:
How do you get the total freedom, waiting on Nigeria to give it to you or going all out to wrestle it from Nigeria?

Various alternatives are deployed.
I am not an ipob family member to know their plans but eventually time will tell.

Thats why I told d OP to always listen to IPOB broadcast so as to understand.
IPOB are organized and focus...
They understand the republic nature of the people of the old eastern region..

Their is no need to turn your region to battle region..but their awareness campaign have helped a lot.

OUK's indirect release could be linked derailing Biafra's goal and also to galvanized support for Igbo Presidency.

But only time will tell. The same way OBJ from prison was used to pacify Yoruba
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 12:45pm On May 09, 2020
The Area guy...i would like to know your ethnic group
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by pazienza(m): 12:46pm On May 09, 2020
Kinematics:

See this one that his people cannot live a day without attaching themselves to the SS. You better enlighten your blodas on the reality of things. As at today biafra adds nothing to the Niger Delta besides useless population and crime. Here in the SS we already have our own unique issues and dont need biafrans to make it worse.

IPOB don't speak for Ndiigbo. So if you have problems with IPOB, go sort it with them. The normal Igbo is proud, confident and full of dignity, he would not stoop low to lick shit of people who are not in anyway important to Igbo long-term interests. If Igbo is a body, then IPOB are cancerous cells with no iota of inhibition nor control, they are totally out of character. The traits IPOB exhibit are incompatible with the state of being Igbo.
No well breastfed Igbo wants a country with a modern day tower of babel called SS with up to 200 languages and where each LGA and even villages want the tag of "ETHNIC NATIONALITY".
That's a real disadvantage to building a successful country, and one Ndiigbo hope to avoid.

Notice that the post I replied was made by a SS person or SS impostor, either way, I don't care.
I, like millions of Igbos are just tired of minnows catching cruise and having over bloated sense of importance on the falsehood of them being important/indispensable to Igbo man aspirations for an independent country of her own.

IPOB created this wrong impression, and we are here to correct it. We will drive this point down with every available force until all those involved gets the memo.

Funny you are a Rivers state minority where youth crime in form of cultism has eaten deep into the fabric of your society, yet you are talking about Igbo crime. Oga, your four fingers are pointing back at you.

Good we agree that Ndiigbo only care for willing Igboids in SS for a homogeneous Igbo country and not for the tower of Babel down there in SS. Make una find una bearing.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 09, 2020
Always thrash from minoritycomedy.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 09, 2020
[s]
Area4Area:
You've been lectured on this your silly lies and propaganda but you go repeating every two to three months looking for more mumus you can deceive.

Your Obuaku does not lie on the Atlantic and goods to and from there must pass through Nigeria and you need permission from Nigeria to pass through to the sea.

If it weren't for the dams already built on the River Niger so you mean Niger republic can use the River Niger for import and export without any agreement with Nigeria because it's "international waters" that drain into the Atlantic, use your God given brain for once
[/s]

Ignorance is worse than AIDS.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 1:05pm On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:

Various alternatives are deployed.
I am not an ipob family member to know their plans but eventually time will tell.

Thats why I told d OP to always listen to IPOB broadcast so as to understand.
IPOB are organized and focus...
They understand the republic nature of the people of the old eastern region..

Their is no need to turn your region to battle region..but their awareness campaign have helped a lot.

OUK's indirect release could be linked derailing Biafra's goal and also to galvanized support for Igbo Presidency.

But only time will tell. The same way OBJ from prison was used to pacify Yoruba
Invariably no roadmap about getting the Biafra aside the radio and online noise See you bringing OUK into your Biafran talk too.

Accept it, Kanu, IPOB and supporters don't have any clue about advancing the actualization of Biafra aside the normal noise, chestbeating and propaganda we're all used to already.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 1:06pm On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:
The Area guy...i would like to know your ethnic group
Create another thread for that and don't derail this.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by gidgiddy: 1:07pm On May 09, 2020
Area4Area:
Now the question of landlocked is gone and you now believe that Biafra would be landlocked, tell us the percentage of Ethiopia's import and export that is by air, remember countries can't fly over the airspace of another without permission and have it at the back of your mind that Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria

Countries cannot fly over the air space of others without permission? If that were true, nobody would be able to fly at all. Every country has a certain height that is their alloted air space, anything above that is international air space that any country can use international air space. Any plane flying into Biafra only needs to be in the international airspace when it is in Nigerian territory and start descending when once it gets into Biafran territory

Many landlocked countries are doing very well. All the coastline and shoreline Nigeria has only led it to become poverty capital of the world. The quicker Igbos get of Nigeria, the better because nothing in Nigeria ever progresses

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 1:10pm On May 09, 2020
gidgiddy:

Countries cannot fly over the air space of others without permission? If that were true, nobody would be able to fly at all. Every country has a certain height that is their alloted air space, anything above that is international air space that any country can use international air space. Any plane flying into Biafra only needs to be in the international airspace when it is in Nigerian territory and start descending when once it gets into Biafran territory

Many landlocked countries are doing very well. All the coastline and shoreline Nigeria has only led it to become poverty capital of the world. The quicker Igbos get of Nigeria, the better because nothing in Nigeria ever progresses
Not as if anyone or anything is holding Igbos from leaving Nigeria, just their indecision and penchant for blaming everyone for anything is is holding them back
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Amumaigwe: 1:11pm On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Thanks,pease enlighten me the benefits I might gain something.

Enlighten us of the benefits of continuing with the Nigeria federation to the Igbo man.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by pazienza(m): 1:13pm On May 09, 2020
Akponmfet:
This is a very stupid post.
Can you people stop putting South South in Igbo calculations please.
We have nothing in common with our igbo brothers , they have the right to go where they want to but we feel offended that SS has to be used in their calculations all the time.
Our mission is to be part of Nigeria or achieve our goal of Republic of Niger Delta.

Please, Igbos are brothers to no one who isn't Igbo speaking and proud of being Igbo in SS.
Our Igbo neighbors should have been a more appropriate expression.

And yes, I agree with you, we have nothing in common and our goals, dreams and aspirations are mostly divergent, which is evidence of the fact that we are different people.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 09, 2020
Amumaigwe:

Enlighten us of the benefits of continuing with the Nigeria federation to the Igbo man.

You don't use question to ask question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Response To Jonathan's Accrued Oil Earnings Vs Buhari's / Breaking: Senator Ike Ekweremmadu Set To Dump PDP For APC, To Meet With Buhari / Hoodlums Attack Council Headquarters In Ebonyi, Set Election Materials Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.