Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra (5954 Views)

Tinubu Rallies Governors In Mission For APC Ticket / Joining Your People To Call For Secession Is Wrong - Ganduje Tells Colleagues / The Grenade Of A Security Personnel Exploded Not A Suicide Bomber - EBSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:18am On May 09, 2020
Sammy07:
Actually, South South is South East Hope.

They should not keep hating on South South.

If only they understand
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by gidgiddy: 10:20am On May 09, 2020
surgical:
These people are afraid of what Biafra will become as an independent state,all this hue and cry is. Not for the love of the Igbos,why are they crying more than the bereaved or is it their suffer, the association with Nigeria is stifling the ingenuity of the people of Japan of Africa,no reasonable forward think ethnic group will want to continue with the present nonsense,
I am Yoruba and i support self determination

Exactly, they have no love for the Igbos but everyday they will be fighting the idea of Biafra, IPOB, Kanu because they cannot do without Igbos. This is despite the fact that even a blind man can see that "one Nigeria" has long failed.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:21am On May 09, 2020
edochie12:
U are quick to tell us disadvantages of seceding from Nigeria but didn't tell us the advantages and benefits like employment opportunities for everybody,nothing like nepotism or tribalism,we will safeguard our borders from marauders,better respect yourself and face ur tribe.

There can never be employment opportunities for everybody. But it can be improved compare to what Nigeria have.

When clans of the same village cant even come to terms or when there is tales of Osu or when Anambra and imo consider igbos from ebonyi to be low class.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by ShenTeh(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Please I don't hate igbos! They are my brothers. I love them and wish them best of luck. Thank you all

The gates of hell are soon to be let on you by a lot of Biafran fans. The reason is simple: Biafra is an enormously emotional paradise as much as it is a physical struggle, and the sentiments of a people who feel marginalized and disenfranchised by the power brokers pre- and post independence. There's very little you can say outside their emotional affiliation that would not be greeted with a bitter opposition.

I personally support the rights of a people to self determination. I support communication in every marriage, partnership, merger, union, etc, and this is why Nigeria's forcefully insistence that a people cannot go is highly unacceptable. There should be no forced marriages.

The Biafran agitators must present credible and honourable forerunners, not the ilks of Kanu, who attack friends and foes with caustic disposition. He presupposes himself a hot-head appealing to the emotions of surface thinkers. Not too many honourable believers in the Biafran dream would want to be associated with the loose cannon that Kanu represents. They may be happy that he keeps the dream alive, the irony is that he is technically destroying that dream with the absence of tact and appeal.

With his approach, Kanu makes mockery of a struggle that people have laid down - and are willing to lay down their lives for. He is irrational and has never taken time to project a convincing and thorough roadmap that Biafra believers can tow. Everything in his wake must either be an animal or death. We are all dead men in the long run anyway.

We must also note that not all people of Igbo extraction want a Biafra nation, and that must be respected. The civil way is to get that tested vide a referendum. We may just be surprised that we are all just drawing assumptions. See Brexit.

I support Biafra. I support a Biafra with credible leadership, else I see internal rupturing and death of dreams from within and without. People like Kanu make the journey unnecessary arduous and tortuous with no great end in sight.

I do not believe that secession is a suicide mission for Biafra, greater nations without SEA-ports are alive. I only see prospects of failure due to same African leadership curse than an economic failure due to geographical distribution of the Biafra state.

One day, some day, Biafra will be actualized. What that generation of winners do with their Biafra would be entirely left to them. But certainly, the Kanu papacy won't be the one to achieve that success, except there's a change of tactics (unless of course, this approach is part of the grand plan, that a Kanu is creating the ruse for the real business that is going on in the background). It may be part of the chain, but this Kanu's string is not the end of the loop.

Edited.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:25am On May 09, 2020
nairalandankrah:
The opinion From a MINORITY remains infinitesimal

You don't joke with word you don't understand
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 10:25am On May 09, 2020
for people who take pride in telling igbos to leave lagos and by extension Yorubaland

If you want your lagos to continue to remain at the top of the pile, pray that constitution never gets amended.

All the igboman needs to return home is restructuring particularly Port laws, Mineral law, Power, Security and industrial law.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by surgical: 10:27am On May 09, 2020
gidgiddy:

Exactly, they have no love for the Igbos but everyday they will be fighting the idea of Biafra, IPOB, Kanu because they cannot do without Igbos. This is despite the fact that even a blind man can see that "one Nigeria" has long failed.
It is even more evident with this buhari,he has killed whatever it is that was biding us together before,i doubt if it can ever be repaired,as it is things have fallen apart,the center can no longer hold,its just a matter of time

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:29am On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:

I mentioned constitution...this is due to exclusive and concurrent list..

Oil and Gas acts under the mineral law has affected a lot of people not just igbo but even ijaw, itshekiri.

There are a lot of marginal field and big field within d region but the so called oil companies operating dz field are in lagos island...
The will claim that its because of insecurity but I ask you the Oil servicing firms in Ph and Warri, are they attacked by the locals..the answer is no, why?..because the kip to their own terms of agreement..
It will shock you to know dz Oil and Gas is everywia in the region even up to from the Ijawland, Kalabari to Igbo land.

Igboland also have other mineral resources like coal, limestone.

Manufacturing:
Car plant: cutting off Japan, France, US, Sweden and even South Korea automobile influence in Africa
Drugs: its not in doubt. Infact in imo state majority use Dr Agnes Nwama herbal dental paste against d closeup and MacLean toothpaste:

Cables
Car Battery
Textile
Shoes
A lot of things you wil not see if u are not in d region

Untapped resouces:
Guns: though locally made guns are done illegally, its still a technology dt will ensure almost zero importation of arms
Explosives: same too.

Have you ever asked yourself why was it that of all of the ethnic groups in Nigeria, it was only the Benin and People of the Old eastern region that gave the colonial masters tough time.

Simple the brought Trade, the two fellas proved sophisticated in trade...the brought war and yet after the conquest their was never peace of mind.

The Aba women riot or should I say revolution ending the taxation of women and the prelude to other crises..

Well put but you are still repeating the same thing
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:32am On May 09, 2020
ShenTeh:

The gates of hell are soon to be let on you by a lot Biafran fans. The reason is simple: Biafra is an enormously emotional paradise as much as it is a physical struggle, and the sentiments of a people who feel marginalized and disenfranchised by the power brokers pre- and post independence. There's very little you can say outside their emotional affiliation that would not be greeted with a bitter opposition.

I personally support the rights of a people to self determination. I support communication in every marriage, partnership, merger, union, etc, and this is why Nigeria's forcefully insistence that a people cannot go is highly unacceptable. There should be no forced marriages.

The Biafran agitators must present credible and honourable forerunners, not the ilks of Kanu, who attack friends and foes with caustic disposition. He presupposes himself a hot-head appealing to the emotions of surface thinkers. Not too many honourable believers in the Biafran dream would want to be associated with the loose cannon that Kanu represents. They may be happy that he keeps the dream alive, the irony is that he is technically destroying that dream with the absence of tact and appeal.

With his approach, Kanu makes mockery of a struggle that people have laid down - and are willing to lay down their lives for. He is irrational and has never taken time to project a convincing and thorough roadmap that Biafra believers can tow. Everything in his wake must either be an animal or death. We are all dead men in the long run anyway.

We must also note that not all people of Igbo extraction want a Biafra nation, and that must be respected. The civil way is to get that tested is vide a referendum. We may just be surprised that we are all just drawing assumptions. See Brexit.

I support Biafra. I support a Biafra with credible leadership, else I see internal rupturing and death of dreams from within and without. People like Kanu make the journey unnecessary arduous and tortuous with no great end in sight.

Fantastic! You're A genius!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Otsam(m): 10:33am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Old Eastern economy is living in glory past. Unless igbos will leave trading and go back to agriculture.

What are they manufacturing? Goods coming in for China and they slap Eastern company name on it. Still that wouldn't balance your import because you're not exporting it outside Nigeria after importing the materials from outside Nigeria.

Listen to the rant and rambling of kanu? Thank you.

Bro, I like they way you approach the topic, u b senior man.

If the old eastern economy could be a thing of the past, then the killings, maimings and the relationship of the civil war era could also be a thing of the past.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 10:34am On May 09, 2020
Sammy07:
Actually, South South is South East Hope.

They should not keep hating on South South.

thats the mistake people make hia.
Their is nothing like south south.

The map showing the ethnic group within d region explained all these clearly.
Igbos are all on the hinterland
Ikwere( Igbo that believes to be from akaraka)
Anioma (igbo that believe to have started from 1970)
Igbanke ( igbo that lived with the people of Esan)
Igbos in Igala
Igbos in Benue
Ijaws are on the riverine areas
Efik are on the land areas
Kalabari are on the riverine

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 10:37am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Well put but you are still repeating the same thing

Am trying to explain the facts to you...
I will like to know your state of origin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:40am On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:

thats the mistake people make hia.
Their is nothing like south south.

The map showing the ethnic group within d region explained all these clearly.
Igbos are all on the hinterland
Ikwere( Igbo that believes to be from akaraka)
Anioma (igbo that believe to have started from 1970)
Igbanke ( igbo that lived with the people of Esan)
Igbos in Igala
Igbos in Benue
Ijaws are on the riverine areas
Efik are on the land areas
Kalabari are on the riverine

South south una dey see wetin i dry talk? They will dominate you again like they did during the civil war sad
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Nobody: 10:41am On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:

Am trying to explain the facts to you...
I will like to know your state of origin

Me as a person is not important. Its the message that is important
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Otsam(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2020
[quote author=MinorityOpinion post=89348934]

Well said but never say never. First, we have gone past the time of civil war and people are well informed that those days.
Secondly, we have countries spread across the dessert in Africa and they are not even close to the easterners industriousness and they are still sustaining themselves. So, if they are allowed to go, I believe time and chance will play it’s part and they may be lucky to put the best measure of stability in place.
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Quality20(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2020
Biafra isn't going anywhere without States like rivers,bayelsa,cross river,kogi,Benue and ekiti

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by 9japride(m): 10:50am On May 09, 2020
You guys are just wasting your precious having any meaningful discussion with a known bigot. One who hates the east passionately and wish them bad is not one to have debate with. He's main aim is for the Igbos to be insulted. Can't he face he's region and leave the Biafra people to organise themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 10:55am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Me as a person is not important. Its the message that is important

The message is crucial.. So is d messenger.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 10:57am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

South south una dey see wetin i dry talk? They will dominate you again like they did during the civil war sad

Who is the south south..

I think you might be from the core north.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 11:02am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Bros we both saw your post ...why won't u be proud of your Yoruba heritage

Secondly if you care to know ... Once biafra separates ...imo River and river Niger becomes international waters ...so please relax
International waters that'd still pass through Nigeria land areas, don't let @gidgiddy posts deceive you, Biafra would be landlocked and you must have an agreement with Nigeria before using the sea.
The Danube river he loves to talk about was an agreement by several countries and not one country claiming anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 11:02am On May 09, 2020
I use to be ignorant like minority guy until I visited Niger state and got first hand lecture from a Nupe person...I found out that Niger comprises majorly of Hausa, Gbagyi and Nupe.

Hausa: Kontongoura upwards.
Nupe: Bida zone, part of kwara and even Kogi
Gbagyi: Suleja zone..Abuja and Nasarawa

Today i can easily address someone based on his tribe..dt state rubbish is over

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 11:11am On May 09, 2020
gidgiddy:
There are many landlocked countries like Ethiopia, Bostwana that are doing even better than Nigeria. Having a coastline is not everything. Besides, River ports can be built at Obuaku in Abia and Oguta in Imo because both area have tributaries that run into the athlantic ocean

When Biafra gets independence, it will not be easy but it is better to be suffering but in control of your destiny than to be suffering under Nigerian control

Freedom is one of the most honourable things any people csn aspire to and may it be the portion of the Biafrans
You've been lectured on this your silly lies and propaganda but you go repeating every two to three months looking for more mumus you can deceive.

Your Obuaku does not lie on the Atlantic and goods to and from there must pass through Nigeria and you need permission from Nigeria to pass through to the sea.

If it weren't for the dams already built on the River Niger so you mean Niger republic can use the River Niger for import and export without any agreement with Nigeria because it's "international waters" that drain into the Atlantic, use your God given brain for once

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 11:18am On May 09, 2020
edochie12:
U are quick to tell us disadvantages of seceding from Nigeria but didn't tell us the advantages and benefits like employment opportunities for everybody,nothing like nepotism or tribalism,we will safeguard our borders from marauders,better respect yourself and face ur tribe.
Before talking about the advantages, you are supposed to educate yourself about how the new republic can stand and survive first when you have Nigeria surrounding it north, south, east and west.
You need to know about the fate of Biafrans in Nigeria when Biafra is formed
If Biafrans can still retain their property scattered all over Nigeria and several other points I'd have helped you with.

You'd have to think about what Biafrans would go through before thinking about the advantages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 11:20am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

That's why I said dredged rivers. Man you weren't paying attention
Dredged rivers or not, if the river passes through Nigeria land territories, it is Nigerian and nobody can use it except Nigeria agrees to that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by mrvitalis(m): 11:23am On May 09, 2020
Area4Area:
International waters that'd still pass through Nigeria land areas, don't let @gidgiddy posts deceive you, Biafra would be landlocked and you must have an agreement with Nigeria before using the sea.
The Danube river he loves to talk about was an agreement by several countries and not one country claiming anything
When Biafra goes Niger Delta can never be in Nigeria ....so relax face your Yoruba nation

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by gidgiddy: 11:26am On May 09, 2020
Area4Area:
You've been lectured on this your silly lies and propaganda but you go repeating every two to three months looking for more mumus you can deceive.

Your Obuaku does not lie on the Atlantic and goods to and from there must pass through Nigeria and you need permission from Nigeria to pass through to the sea.

If it weren't for the dams already built on the River Niger so you mean Niger republic can use the River Niger for import and export without any agreement with Nigeria because it's "international waters" that drain into the Atlantic, use your God given brain for once

You are limited in your thinking. This has got nothing to do even with the sea. Ethiopia is landlocked, thats why they built the largest air transportation system in Africa. Almost everything Ethiopia imports and exports is now by air. Just Ethiopian Airlines alone is worth more than all the seaports in Nigeria. Just that company alone flys passengers and goods wirth billions to hundreds of countries every day. Ethiopia's air transportation system is so advanced that Nigeria cannot even dream of having such even in 50 years time.

And Nigerians are still talking about who has access to the sea and who has coastline. Biafra will get its independence some day and move foward because every thing about Nigeria is all about moving backwards.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Area4Area: 11:26am On May 09, 2020
Dikebuka:
for people who take pride in telling igbos to leave lagos and by extension Yorubaland

If you want your lagos to continue to remain at the top of the pile, pray that constitution never gets amended.

All the igboman needs to return home is restructuring particularly Port laws, Mineral law, Power, Security and industrial law.

Meaning you're not ready to leave Nigeria, why not tell the national assembly to Biafra into law before you leave
Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Blackking98(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

you're no body to say ss wont want to go with biafra.. I dont trust the igbos either, I'm from ss.. but compared to Nigeria.. I'd prefer to go with igbos.. but one thing I know for sure is .. biafra wont be coming from NMK.. and if youd do a poll.. you'll find out most ss tribe would rather go with the igbos than bn stock in a fulani empire called Nigeria
I'm also from the SS and I beg to differ bro because Igbo hausa and Yoruba are majority tribes and only romance us when they're not benefiting from the center so staying with fulani or joining igbos in Biafra is neither amd option because it's choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea, how ever what we would do that would benefit the igbos and the Niger Delta would be that while the igbos declare Biafra and make the announcement we here in the Niger Delta also make our announcement of seceding from Nigeria and send congratulatory message to the republic of Biafra while they send congratulatory message to is too, that would send a strong signal to whoever is left in Nigeria that attacking two countries that are allies would definitely be a bad idea and the scenerio of 1967 can't play out again where we decided against Biafra later in the war because the problem that led to iur switching sides has been solved.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Dikebuka: 11:46am On May 09, 2020
Area4Area:
Meaning you're not ready to leave Nigeria, why not tell the national assembly to Biafra into law before you leave

Human Being by default have long and short term goals.

Longterm: Exit from from Nigeria ( total freedom)
Short term: Economic and Regional Freedom

We explored short term goal in 2017 and it failed woefully in the HOA

Its not possible with national assembly due to the kind of parliamentary system put in place.

Senate based on 3 zones per state across the 36 state and fct.

Northern states= 19 multiplied by 3= 57
South states= 17 multiplied by 3= 51
Abuja= 1

HOR based on land mass
North Majority
South Minority

Now we explore Total freedom outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra by Akponmfet: 11:50am On May 09, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
We all know how the Igbos want to secede from Nigeria, the first declaration of independence from Nigeria resulted in civil war between Biafra and Nigeria. But let's look at it in this manner, what if the federal government of Nigeria granted them the permission to leave, what are the likely scenarios to happen?

First of all the South South have witnessed what Igbo-dominated state will look like so they would rather stay away from seceding with the Igbos after what they suffered as minorities during the Nigeria civil war.

We have read how Biafran Soldiers killed and raped minorities and subjected many of them to torture. This experience will make them not likely to follow the Igbos and secede with them. So igbos is only getting their five states landlocked country. No access to sea and no port to import goods.

Igbo trades contributing nothing to Nigeria economy because it only weaken the value of their Naira. Because igbos majorly import their goods with little to nothing to export in return for Balance of Payment

What is Balance of Payment?

Let me explain

Immediately igbos secede from Nigeria, there would be no port for them to use again from Lagos. So its either they dredge their rivers or negotiate with South South(Nigeria state) to import. This will weaken the Biafra Currency quickly because they have little to nothing to export in return to balance their trade.

But let assume the South South followed the South East after very much persuasion. The moment oil is not available, Nigeria will find something else but igbo will want to satisfied the Hunger of many years of not having access to oil thereby leading to oil war with the South south. By this time South south will be already regretting their actions.

Lastly with the kind of leader the IPOB have. The future of Biafra doesn't look great. Recently the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, on Friday celebrated the release of the Chief Whip, Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu after he recorded victory at the apex Court. This is same Orji Kalu that was prosecuted and found guilty of looting his state fund. Are this the kind of people Nnamdi Kalu will enforce on new Biafra?

The only thing holding Nigeria back in granting secession to South East five states is because other tribes will want to follow suit there by destabilizing Nigeria. Nigeria is not worried of Biafra because actualization of Biafra is a self-destruct mission.

#minorityOpinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrorists Kill Six Traders In Katsina / Tanker Explosion Near Yahuza In Abuja / Elizabeth Foundation, Femi Adesina & Others Bag Aso Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.