Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:31 AM

Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown (86407 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Akeredolu Mulls Defection To AA As APC Considers His Suspension / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Pedrocross4568(m): 10:10pm On May 09, 2020
Memberclub:
By next week Lagos will likely be having around 800 cases per day. And the way things are happening in the north is another huge problem.

Good thing I already have my international passport

Bros have u forgotten there is no where to run to with your international passport

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 10:11pm On May 09, 2020
fortran12:

Lock down only make weakens peoples immune system. Wait until its lifted and see the spike in sicknesses. What works is enforcing social distance face mask etc. Make policies that will ensure places of work put in measures to. Enforce social distancing, hand sanitizing etc. The virus is here to stay at the moment. You cannot eradicate it this year. Even if there were a vaccine do u think everyone will rush and take?
The question is are Nigerians ready to comply with the social distancing rule? you and i know that most Nigerians have this i don't care attitude

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Onlyonebuhari: 10:11pm On May 09, 2020
Lockdown without enforcement is rubbish. Both lagosians and the Lagos State Government are not ready. Useless people with useless Government.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Poorboy41: 10:11pm On May 09, 2020
In this 21st century
They are making a fool out of people that
Something called coronavirus is killing people,
And they believe it. Corona ko corona ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 10:11pm On May 09, 2020
The way I get pained when I see the way people are carelessly handling this issue, it's as if I should beat them... We are very stubborn 8n this country
beautyhd:
Anticipated.

I went to market today and realized that many people aren't bothered about this covid 19, many buyers and sellers without face mask.

No form of social distancing maintained.

This same set of people will start screaming if another lockdown is enforced. They will or have ended up jeopardizing govt efforts for the past 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by blowjohn(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

Wike and El Rufai no dey talk big big grammar... they are manning their state entry point themselves not trusting the citizens or the police

I hate to admit that Wike's lawless approach might be what Nigeria needs, afterall that was what China did to Wuhan, forgetting any useless noise from human right groups

Americans with all their useless Human Right Groups, Stupid Protest and Conspiracy Theorist calling it an Hoax and thinking its a joke has lost 70,000 souls , in simple contrast 2977 died in world trade center bombing 70,000 died due to corona, 4,244 Americans died in both Iraqi and Afghanistan war , still corona killed 70,000 in less than 4 months

even if world would end tomorrow some silly people would still be calling it conspiracy theory and hoax, till the dooms day begins,

Lagos should better not go the line Kano, Jigawa, and Bauchi are going because life sweet gidigan ni for Lasgidi and death is not an option

The problem u have is it hatred for trump.
Trump's crime was being the only vocal president at that time. Are not other European countries suffering it too?
Ur talking about china as if it's not in their backyard that the virus emanated from!
Oh yes am a staunch supporter of trump cos av seen the many things he's done for america. All u and a host of others do is repeat an old tale of him calling the virus a hoax! Same way CNN has been doing. Well guess what? Its gonna be trump 2020 and beyond!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Poorboy41: 10:13pm On May 09, 2020
Covid 19 or whatsoever they called it is a hoax
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by SouthNigerian: 10:13pm On May 09, 2020
SoNature:

Nobody can openly challenge the government of Nigeria

Go and write it somewhere

Before recording your claim, I pray the LASG impose fresh total lockdown across the state, if nothing happen during & after the lockdown, I'll put down your claim in record.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Brunicekid(m): 10:13pm On May 09, 2020
donbachi:
We go soon dey get lockdown for nigeria as public holidays.

Government: there will be a nationwide lockdown from 4th to 10th of February.
This is not funny ooo.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 09, 2020
What rubbish decision
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Seun(m): 10:15pm On May 09, 2020
Jakemedg:
The question is are Nigerians ready to comply with the social distancing rule? you and i know that most Nigerians have this i don't care attitude
Are they ready to comply with another lockdown? If the government can enforce another lockdown, then they can surely enforce social distancing rules. After Funke Akindele was charged to court we've not heard about any other celebrity throwing a party during this crisis. Government 101.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by SenecaTheYonger: 10:15pm On May 09, 2020
Yes, this next lockdown will factory reset our brains when money and food finish. Next time, we'll Google social distancing before leaving the house.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Omoluabi16(m): 10:16pm On May 09, 2020
Seun:
If Lagosians are not following the rules, it's because you are not enforcing them. There's nowhere in the world where enforcement isn't needed. If you truly believed that everyone would comply with the directive to wear unbreathable ankara masks in this hot weather ... that's not a good sign.
We don't have the tools to enforce it. Our force men are poorly trained, and will end up killing people. A report shows the border security are aiding interstate movement after collecting bribe. We ate in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Ajibel(m): 10:16pm On May 09, 2020
boyjo:

Mr kkkp
It WON'T curtail anything.
It didn't curtail it during the one month lockdown, it won't now.

Lockdown IS NOT the solution.
Lockdown is tyrannical.
Governor Sanwo-olu listen to the pulse of your people.

Stop spamming the thread. What is your advise to the government? Or you think the governor is enjoying all that is going on here.

Very easy for you to castigate the govt since you're not the one making the painful decisions

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ideaz: 10:18pm On May 09, 2020
Coronavirus has been proven to spread more during lockdown.

66% of people under lockdown contracted the virus as against 2% roaming the street according to New York recent data.

WHO has asked nations to follow Sweden model. Sweden didn't lockdown and never worse than European countries that locked down.

Mr. Gov. if you can't think for yourself, please watch those who are thinking on television.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Omoluabi16(m): 10:18pm On May 09, 2020
fortran12:

People will not accept. Only if u knew how many people lost their jobs during the first one
Trust me.. I know about the job losses. Post Covid 19 might even be more dire. But if bodies start dropping..
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Ajibel(m): 10:18pm On May 09, 2020
stonemind:

lockdown was never and can ever be the solution...

What is the solution sir?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2020
excanny:

The irony is it won't.

Did the five-week long lockdown reduce anything? No.

This why why I like Americans. They will come out armed to confront tyrannical governors like this.
corona virus has claimed 75000 american lives and infected 1.2 million americans so i can't see the rational in your comparison

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by senitorspeaker(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2020
Sir, if they dnt want to comply LOCK ur state and lets see who hunger will kill.

Simple instructions....WEAR UR MASK AND GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS. As always pple want to behave like ZOMBIES by faulting simple wear ur mask..... last last he eased the lockdown so u dnt die of hunger since he can't provide for u. But if u push him he, his family, friends, relatives wnt suffer even if the lockdown stays for 5years. Pls Lagos be wise. Australia reduced spread by putting on mask.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Poorboy41: 10:22pm On May 09, 2020
Every death now is coronavirus,
People don’t die natural death anymore,
Scam in highest order

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Toma2: 10:22pm On May 09, 2020
The rich are saying" there should be total lockdown".. what about the poor people? Will you feed them? Total lockdown with no food abi. We go begin dey chop ourselves shocked
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by LEBEfirstson: 10:22pm On May 09, 2020
PLEASE HOW MANY CASES HAS ANAMBRA STATE RECORDED SINCE THEIR EASE OF THIER LOCKDOWN? WHY LAGOS CARRY THIS THING FOR HEAD LIKE THIS? SO BECAUSE OF THIS VIRUS OF A THING, GOVERNMENT START RECORDING NUMBER OF SICK AND DEATH PEOPLE? DO THEY NOT KNOW THAT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY IN THIS COUNTRY WHEN THIS VIRUS THING HAVEN'T STARTED? THEY ARE NOW KEEPING RECORDS BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING MONEY FROM IT! MY HAPPINESS IS JUST THAT WHATEVER THAT HAS A START MUST SURELY FINISH!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Luckydubby7(m): 10:23pm On May 09, 2020
Lockdown when everybody moves around the street or is it only workplace or major road one can contact it?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Lovelypet28: 10:24pm On May 09, 2020
It's not easy governing LAGOS STATE, it's really a task.
There will be another lockdown, save up money as much as possible, this is the time to spend wisely, unfortunately many more will die, and many will recover.
We acted like animals on Monday when we crowded banks, markets, especially banks for irrelevant issues, lots of people are sero + right now but are asymptomatic, please the isolation centres are not prisons.
May God be with us.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by iswallker(m): 10:25pm On May 09, 2020
You can spend the money alone but you can't combat the pandemic alone.. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ideaz: 10:25pm On May 09, 2020
Ajibel:

What is the solution sir?

Keep old people at home. Allow younger people to live and work.

This is not the first coronavirus. The recommendations are there based on the experience but the cabal wants every reason to sell their vaccine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Seun(m): 10:26pm On May 09, 2020
Omoluabi16:
We don't have the tools to enforce it. Our force men are poorly trained, and will end up killing people. A report shows the border security are aiding interstate movement after collecting bribe. We ate in trouble.
The enforcement of face-masks is simple. Entry into banks, markets, motorparks, government offices and other places will be denied to those not wearing face-masks. As for the ban on inter-state travel I am opposed to it. The goal is to wipe out the virus, not to limit it to a particular location. The number of people infected by someone carrying the virus is the same regardless of which state he is in. We need a national approach to it.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by enemyofprogress: 10:27pm On May 09, 2020
Lagos go soon hear am for lockdown. Next one na till December 31
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by enemyofprogress: 10:29pm On May 09, 2020
Lovelypet28:
It's not easy governing LAGOS STATE, it's really a task.
There will be another lockdown, save up money as much as possible, this is the time to spend wisely, unfortunately many more will die, and many will recover.
We acted like animals on Monday when we crowded banks, markets, especially banks for irrelevant issues, lots of people are sero + right now but are asymptomatic, please the isolation centres are not prisons.
May God be with us.
good talk
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 09, 2020
mastermaestro:

Artisans like bricklayers, okada riders, bus drivers, conductors, ticketing guys which form the largest part of the population should work from home too, right? So much for wannabe policymakers.
You will change this tone by the time they break into your 'home' several times to forcefully take their daily bread.

These ones are the reason for the need to lockdown. Boarded a bus in the Ajah axis. They have zero compliance for the two a seat. I've got a car and can drive around but I wanted to see the level of compliance. For an extra 50naira these ones are ready to compromise the entire health of the state. They are the reason I support the lockdown until they get sense

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
stonemind:

you're a lazy man see your big head like agama lizard

I'm actually more productive working from home. 99% of IT folks are more productive when they don't have to get into traffic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki And His Sons Watch Arsenal Vs Tottenham Match At Emirates Stadium / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.