Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,762 members, 7,840,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) (15692 Views)

Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) / Over Emphasis On The Girl Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by bukatyne(f): 7:26pm On May 11, 2020
KanwuliaBaby:

Here you go again.
You start a proxy-thread “pretending” you want to discuss “whatever”, then your main focus is soon exposed to all when you finally land on what you really want to express. Do you think NL is full of preschoolers? undecided

Why the deception? undecided

Just open a topic in the “Dear Diaries” section and continue your fallacies of circumlocutIon from paragraph to paragraph as you wish. . . . undisturbed. kiss

You know?
What we write online gives a true pictograph of our states of mind offline.

What marriage means to me? cheesy
I could write VOLUMES! I am an EXPERT on the topic. No need for me to be opening threads UPANDAN to discuss it. A VERRRRRY BORRRRRRING TOPIC TO ME. kiss

Guuuuuuuuul!!!!! You can NEVER grasp or comprehend this “marriage concept” in a million years. I am living it. Are you? After 20 years +++ of marriage, you wanno ask me? grin I was married before I joined NL in 2008. . . . and still married TO THE SAME MAN o! grin

Na KPOMO? ? ? undecided

You do not sound like you live a life of content.
We all lack in one area or another with the hopes that we accomplish a measure of fulfillment or satisfaction at the end of our toils and endeavors.

You are a looooooong way from understanding the essence of life and living.

You do not come across as a content being.
Your have a soul of eternal yearning and you remain mostly spiritually and “physically” unsatisfied.

I hope you you find “your way to peace”. . . . . . Sooooooon. Children of “God” don’t have to be THIS miserable.

Too long a post saying nothing on a question 'what is marriage to you?' considering you have been married for 20yrs plus.

A mad person also thinks a sane person is insane.

It is all a matter of perception.

4 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by crackkhaus: 7:35pm On May 11, 2020
bukatyne:

I was not even feeling attacked.

I just wonder where 'victimhood' or 'feeling victimized' was coming from.
Lol, okay.

Taking it like a champ. I like it cheesy
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by ibkayee(f): 7:38pm On May 11, 2020
Lol 'everybody has the duty to discover their purpose and fulfil it'…as long as it isn’t x, y, z though

1. Personal experiences/opinions being framed as the standard for everyone? Check
2. Can't for the life of her comprehend why anyone would take her wording this way? Check

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by bukatyne(f): 7:44pm On May 11, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lol, okay.

Taking it like a champ. I like it cheesy

Won kere cheesy

They are too small and not real.

Just how you know a lot of atheists online and never see them offline. cheesy
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by blank(f): 8:58pm On May 11, 2020
My work and my calling is to help people account for their money and keep proper records. I am fulfilled and will die empty.

I am glad i pursued work and career first. If not, i would never have known true fulfillment.

I don't hide it when I tell people that my job fulfills me and if I did not have kids, I would be sitting pretty right where I want to be.

But I have made my compromises and I have made my peace with what I have chosen.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 11, 2020
bukatyne:
You guys sure spend too much time on a moniker you think is posting 'nonsense'.

There must be something wrong somewhere.
May God give you all peace.

This your last line is termed “using the name of God in vain” in Christian parlance. Kaamisha and KanwuliaBaby said everything I feel/deduce about you.
They just did it in a more orderly way, I would have been all over the place with my submission.
I hope you are happy, because it is misery that loves company lipsrsealed.
You have your unicorn- marriage, and are supposed to be as content and happy as a cat. But no, for some reason you constantly peck at the unmarried and rub their “poor, hopeless , hapless noses” on the floor. Why do you have this intense need to see them sad? You are either unhappy or mean (or both) to be this way. You deviously add career/work to your “beef” but I know that your grouse is really with the unmarried who are daring to dare, to have orgasms, to “prostitute”, to either live or try to live as the case may be. Who don’t do your shiloh-living because well, because they don’t roll like that. A good (fair) soul would be happy for these “poor demographic” but not you, because, you lipsrsealed. I once made a post and you quoted me with a “why?”. That, and other threads I have seen from you decided my opinion about you. I remember I replied you with a zed cheesy

I had typed a long post using myself as a case study, however I decided that any thread from you would not get to catch a glimpse of my life/soul, and so deleted it. I will leave that for another (better) thread or for any direct question about my life(outside of your thread).

I kind of feel crazily sorry for you sha.
And please try as much as possible not to come back with the “ I know you are secretly unhappy and wish you had my marriage bla bla bla”.
Cheers

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:24pm On May 11, 2020
KanwuliaBaby:

94 banned ones and 50 active ones

I think “Pyguguru” aka “spambottucks”, a moderator, is in love with me. grin
shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by bukatyne(f): 11:50pm On May 11, 2020
blank:
My work and my calling is to help people account for their money and keep proper records. I am fulfilled and will die empty.

I am glad i pursued work and career first. If not, i would never have known true fulfillment.

I don't hide it when I tell people that my job fulfills me and if I did not have kids, I would be sitting pretty right where I want to be.

But I have made my compromises and I have made my peace with what I have chosen.

You have found your calling which coincides with your work; touche! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by IamPlato(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Me a dumb ugly thing? grin

You are a massive clown for days. Did you perhaps miss your calling as a musketeer in replacement for Medicine? I can't imagine the colossal amount of debris in your air head. Are you sure you aced your examinations in Medical school or were they written for you? How did you become a Doctor? Who inducted you? cheesy.

Aren't you suppose to be at work saving lives when the world needs you most? You're here fighting over inconsequential issues. Who your matter epp?
You type well, but have a reasoning of a 10-year old. You that can't keep a wife (in turn calling her an enemy of progress) . Is that one a man? cheesy

When you learn how to lead your home and keep a woman, only then can we have a sane discussion cheesy

Better go find something do.
shocked This Life Sha. Some People Mouth Can Make You Loose Appetite

2 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by bukatyne(f): 12:02am On May 12, 2020
merahki:

1. This your last line is termed “using the name of God in vain” in Christian parlance. Kaam.isha and Kanwuli.aBaby said everything I feel/deduce about you.
They just did it in a more orderly way, I would have been all over the place with my submission.

2. I hope you are happy, because it is misery that loves company lipsrsealed.
You have your unicorn- marriage, and are supposed to be as content and happy as a cat.

3. But no, for some reason you constantly peck at the unmarried and rub their “poor, hopeless , hapless noses” on the floor. Why do you have this intense need to see them sad? You are either unhappy or mean (or both) to be this way.

4. You deviously add career/work to your “beef” but I know that your grouse is really with the unmarried who are daring to dare, to have orgasms, to “prostitute”, to either live or try to live as the case may be. Who don’t do your shiloh-living because well, because they don’t roll like that.

5. A good (fair) soul would be happy for these “poor demographic” but not you, because, you lipsrsealed. I once made a post and you quoted me with a “why?”. That, and other threads I have seen from you decided my opinion about you. I remember I replied you with a zed cheesy

6. I had typed a long post using myself as a case study, however I decided that any thread from you would not get to catch a glimpse of my life/soul, and so deleted it. I will leave that for another (better) thread or for any direct question about my life(outside of your thread).

7. I kind of feel crazily sorry for you sha.

8. And please try as much as possible not to come back with the “ I know you are secretly unhappy and wish you had my marriage bla bla bla”.
Cheers

1. cheesy, I am touched you feel something about me. Eku feelings. grin

2. I am happy, thank you for the concern.

3 - 5. I am wondering if you are talking about yourself here. I have been accused of telling married women what to do; now it is 'dragging' unmarried women and 'laughing' at them? How many of my threads even talk to older unmarried ladies? The recent one I opened was to young ladies, the other one was women knowing their worth. You said you had commitment issues and I asked 'why'?

6 - 7. And you think I am interested in your life because?

8. You sound pathetic. I rarely talk about my marriage on NL nor have I ever told peeps 'I wish people had my marriage'? Seriously?

Now, I really wish you God's peace.

I am serious.

1 Like

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by bukatyne(f): 12:05am On May 12, 2020
merahki:
Dear crackkhaus,
I know the poster is your friend, I know you are her defender and understander on here, I know she is the epitome of the ideal woman, I know the other lesser females “bully and gang up on her”, but, I don’t like her, at all. And I say this with totally no beef intended. (And of course you know there is no gang up or anything of the sort).
She is exactly the kind of daughter not to have.
Maybe the wife lipsrsealed to have? But not the sister, not the daughter. At all. (This is of course arguable but it is my opinion)

Online friendship- it can make one do somersaults and flip around on their truths. When we can’t say our truths on an anonymous forum, then it is all over. I somehow was not going to respond here (because you asked me to leave her alone), but I saw your post and a God quip up there and changed my mind. If you had stayed away, I probably would have said nothing apart from my initial three emojis cheesy
MonCat

Aside- why do you see the “bullying” for bukatyne but not for cococandy? What am I missing?

@bold:

Ha Ha!

I don't care what you or anyone else here feels about me.

If you are not a good sister or daughter, don't project on me please.

That is the first and last warning.

I do not play with my family.

4 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by bukatyne(f): 12:14am On May 12, 2020
merahki:

Tsk tsk
I didn’t expect this kind of “ergo/eureka” grasp from you @ the first bolded, not even at all cheesy
But moving on-
Stop enabling her, as she does her “dance of the macabre”. It is not a good thing, at all. It is simply just pitiable and sad, when she does it. She is easily manipulated too- maybe that’s being teachable lipsrsealed

You are really my fan sha. cheesy
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by bukatyne(f): 12:15am On May 12, 2020
crackkhaus:
@Merahki

Well you've been able to communicate exactly how you feel, so that's appreciated. At least it's personal to you, and I admire your guts in admitting it.

I read your other comment BTW, the one before this - you mentioned something about her deliberate tone/scoff at unmarried people. I giggled because that right there from you who I presumed to be quite confident in yourself, was quite expository.

But I won't dwell on that. wink
We talk about that another time... smiley

You called me her defender and asked why I defend her and not other people who are being bullied.
The answer to this is very simple - Bukatyne NEVER fights back or gets caught up in the web of cunning mudslinging/jabs/subs... something which most others are known for.
She still tries to dialogue her way out of misunderstandings...but this effort is always futile because the ratchets don't let up. She throws no insults and does not resort to ad hominems, yet it's constant battery...

People who are complicit in this type of action cannot be called humans, much less women... they are reptiles, because joining in to throw a punch/kick at someone who's not even trying to return the punch, is nothing more than sinister ghetto fuckery of the highest order.

And I do tend to like the underdogs (male or female), which is what these attacks have turned Bukatyne into. It is in my nature to always be on the side of the underdog even though I may not agree with everything they stand for.

And guess what? Bukatyne and I don't agree on a lot of things... cheesy
Anyone who has been on Nairaland long enough would know this.

Thank you crachkkaus.
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Amhappy(f): 1:56am On May 12, 2020
Work - Something you do that pays the bills
Career- A professional expertise that you grow in
Calling- Your purpose on earth that gives you fulfilment.
Sometimes they are all interwoven. Balance work and family life,create time for personal life and for God. It's for both men and women.

5 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by KanwuliaExtra: 3:23am On May 12, 2020
bukatyne:

Too long a post saying nothing on a question 'what is marriage to you?' considering you have been married for 20yrs plus.

A mad person also thinks a sane person is insane.

It is all a matter of perception.

Well! Another long post for you! kiss

Just got my “KanwuliaExtra” ID back from that busybody “Spambot” for celebrating my SWEET MOTHERS’ DAY from work yesterday. Someone was “extremely embittered” that I was spending the almighty “UTERUS day” at my “career center” fa! cheesy

What a DARE! Instead of being home as a “companion” to my “HUSSEY” and breast-feed children aka “god-fearing” robots around my house! grin

What marriage means to me is simply none of your BEEZWAX! kiss Not the topic of YOUR THREAD. We nor dey compete. LAI-LAI!!! Take the suggestions offered from discerning minds and work on delivering your “flight of ideas” COHERENTLY!

Thanks for the entertainment.

Just returning from by “career-WITH-PAY-$$$” RUNZZ abeg and off for the next 4 days to concentrate on “family”. MY CHOICE.

I can do both! cool What areas I choose to place the “wrong emphasis” on, and get ZERO FULFILLMENT in my life, is also my GADDEM BIZZZZZZ! NOT YOURS. cool

Yes o! 20 years +++++. . . . without making a single effort FROM MAN OR GOD too! cool Whether it crashes or survives is not my gaddem bizzz.

Stop acting like this “marriage“ should be a competitive sport among women with “MEN AND CHILDREN” as the ONLY FOCAL-POINTS/TROPHY FOR EVERY FAMILY SET-UP.

Me? I nor kukuma ask you. Na your “companionship and godly-children” wahala be dat! You are lucky you are expressing all these view-points online. cheesy Try yourself offline and experience “stories that touch”! You know what happened to the son of your “GOD” abi? Na gospel him try to preach too.grin

Nitey-Nitey! kiss

*waiting in anticipation for the next BUKA-T marital exhibition*

9 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Kaamisha: 5:04am On May 12, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:

Well! Another long post for you! kiss

Just got “KanwuliaExtra” ID from the busybody “Spambot” for celebrating my SWEET MOTHERS’ DAY from work yesterday. Someone was “extremely embittered” that I was spending the “ almighty “UTERUS day” at my “career center” fa! cheesy

What a DARE! Instead of being home as a “companion” to my “HUSSEY” and breast-feed children aka “god-fearing” robots around my house! grin

What marriage means to me is simply none of your BEEZWAX! kiss Not the topic of YOUR THREAD. We nor dey compete. LAI-LAI!!! Take the suggestions offered from discerning minds and work on delivering your “flight of ideas” COHERENTLY!

Thanks for the entertainment.

Just returning from by “career-WITH-PAY-$$$” RUNZZ abeg and off for the next 4 days to concentrate on “family”. MY CHOICE.

I can do both! cool What areas I choose to place the “wrong emphasis” on, is also my GADDEM BIZZZZZZ! cool

Yes o! 20 years +++++. . . . without making a single effort too! cool Whether it crashes or survives is not my gaddem bizzz.

Stop acting like this “marriage“ should be a competitive sport among women with “MEN AND CHILDREN” as the ONLY FOCAL-POINTS/TROPHY FOR EVERY FAMILY SET-UP.

Me? I nor kukuma ask you. Na your “companionship and godly-children” wahala be dat! You are lucky you are expressing all these view-points online. cheesy Try yourself offline and experience “stories that touch”! You know what happened to the son of your “GOD” abi? Na gospel him try to preach too.grin

Nitey-Nitey! kiss

*waiting in anticipation for the next BUKA-T marital exhibition*

She might actually be one of the Jehova's Witnesses nutheads who think that preaching gets them a ticket to heaven and when you reject or chase them away God is even more pleased with them. This or she is indeed totally insane to keep opening these threads addressing women who would be anything but her. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? / For Women Who Don't Or Never Had Orgasm..... / Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.