Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,896 members, 7,824,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? (3398 Views)

When Your Wife Constantly Insults You / Oscar 2022: What Would You Do If Someone Insults Your Partner Publicly? / What Sincerely Would You Do If Your Girlfriend Or Wife Insults Your Mother??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Liamm(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2020
I have this girl I've been dating for about two years. We've had our differences but we always find ways to right our wrongs and forge a better path. However, something happened recently which might turn out to be the straw that would break the camel's back.

I got into an argument with my partner which resulted in her dragging my family in the process. I told her outrightly I would never tolerate such. I was expecting her to apologize which she never did. It has dragged on for 2 days now we haven't spoken with each other nor has anyone initiated any chat. I'm concerned if I might be taking it a bit farther or I should just call and end the silence.
Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by JasonJidenna(m): 8:57pm On May 10, 2020
Liamm:
I have this girl I've been dating for about two years. We've had our differences but we always find ways to right our wrongs and forge a better path. However, something happened recently which might turn out to be the straw that would break the camel's back.

I got into an argument with my partner which resulted in her dragging my family in the process. I told her outrightly I would never tolerate such. I was expecting her to apologize which she never did. It has dragged on for 2 days now we haven't spoken with each other nor has anyone initiated any chat. I'm concerned if I might be taking it a bit farther or I should just call and end the silence.
You should just call and end which silly silence?

Someone that doesn't have any respect for your family is who you want to call? Damn!!! What are some guys turning into these days?

My friend, you better stay clear of a disrespectful donkey....

Don't be a PUSSY.

13 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by SageMK: 9:19pm On May 10, 2020
Verbal abuse isn't something to condone.

Her apology wouldn't mean shit because she's egotistical. Guy, stop dating insolent women.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by MoneyMindset(m): 9:43pm On May 10, 2020
Sho mo age mi ni,

2 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 10, 2020
if na me the relationship has just ended wether she apologise or not
bye bye

7 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by marlow1962(m): 9:52pm On May 10, 2020
Someone you haven't even married yet insulted your family and you open that your mouth dy ask if I AM TAKING IT FAR,u even have the guts to even mention if you should call her to end the silence.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by loveliveshere: 10:16pm On May 10, 2020
No man has the right to insult my family. You insult even the smallest in my family, we will have problem.

It's basically lack of respect that makes partners insult each others family

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Deicide: 10:18pm On May 10, 2020
Better pack your slippers and run

But most girl are used to doing this it's not even funny anymore, they have this Imaginary war between them and the Family.

If if it gets to you and you touch her you become a demon in society eyes so beta japa now.
Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by AfroKnight: 10:23pm On May 10, 2020
No matter how heated the argument is, my parents (especially my mother) and siblings are off limits. Don’t refer to them even in innuendo.

I might smile but my smile vely dangerlous.

I’m not a man of preaching of love

I’m a war!

I’m a fight!

I’m da liquid metal!!!

So don’t try it.

OP, I will advise you to tell her you expect an apology. If she doesn’t apologise in 24 hours, leave her in the relationship and move on.

If she cannot apologise today, she will not apologise tomorrow.

Stay away from people who think their apology is too expensive to give.

7 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by McBrooklyn(m): 10:30pm On May 10, 2020
There are lines that needs to be drawn before delving into any relationship.. I think abusing one's family should be right up there. Family transcends that relationship shït

Like damn girl you haven't even met any of these people you're hurling abusive words at.. What nonsensical nonsense!! angry

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:35pm On May 10, 2020
You are very stupid for thinking you could have gone too far, you are already lessening your family to have sought advice on the internet, she's not your wife for God sake, imagine what she would do when you marry her, any woman you want to marry that doesn't show you respect is not worth it, as a man you must be disciplined no matter how much you love your wife let alone ordinary expendable and dispensable girlfriend, fvck that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:38pm On May 10, 2020
marlow1962:
Someone you haven't even married yet insulted your family and you open that your mouth dy ask if I AM TAKING IT FAR,u even have the guts to even mention if you should call her to end the silence.

Saworoide
Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 10, 2020
Op Eleribu Nior Walai angry
Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Zabiboy: 10:50pm On May 10, 2020

For you to be asking what next to do shows you are not yet ready for a relationship...
Baba...better end that thrash ASAP...

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by gunners160(m): 11:08pm On May 10, 2020
Op, don't listen to all these advice you c above, none of them was there when you guys started and most of them spewing trash will beg this same lady. Remember, everybody na hardcore online.
In as much as what she did was bad, she was annoyed and she stepped out of the line. Still on still, breaking up is not the answer

Why not have a word with her and make her see reasons with you? I belief she will apologize.
I only c a weak man, if you can't let trivial issues go, I c a strong man if you can settle your differences.

No let Ego ,make u fall down. We all err

2 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by halogate: 11:43pm On May 10, 2020
gunners160:
Op, don't listen to all these advice you c above, none of them was there when you guys started and most of them spewing trash will beg this same lady. Remember, everybody na hardcore online.
In as much as what she did was bad, she was annoyed and she stepped out of the line. Still on still, breaking up is not the answer

Why not have a word with her and make her see reasons with you? I belief she will apologize.
I only c a weak man, if you can't let trivial issues go, a c a strong man if you can settle your differences.

..Mr man..what are you typing for Christ sake. so if ur "girlfriend" insult ur mother...u will still tell her sorry?...Kia!!!....I shake my head for u!!

8 Likes

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by halogate: 11:57pm On May 10, 2020
..once cut ties with a close pal cos of that shit. Me no dey play with my family oh.
.. ordinary girlfriend go disrespect my blood anyhow??.
..I no dey forgive that one oh. NEVER.
Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by EzzyCarter: 12:21am On May 11, 2020
AfroKnight:
No matter how heated the argument is, my parents (especially my mother) and siblings are off limits. Don’t refer to them even in innuendo.

I might smile but my smile vely dangerlous.

I’m not a man of preaching of love

I’m a war!

I’m a fight!

I’m da liquid metal!!!

So don’t try it.

OP, I will advise you to tell her you expect an apology. If she doesn’t apologise in 24 hours, leave her in the relationship and move on.

If she cannot apologise today, she will not apologise tomorrow.

Stay away from people who think their apology is too expensive to give.

Guess you are Indaboski sad

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Nazgul: 12:24am On May 11, 2020
I'll make her lie flat and flog her 12 lashes of the cane for being disrespectful. after the flogging she will lie flat and ask for their forgiveness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Nobody: 12:31am On May 11, 2020
I will not take it lightly with my partner if he insults me, now think of what I will do if he insults my family. Thing is no matter how deep or tense partners are they shouldn't hurl insults at one another let alone their families. Its very unhealthy!

But I have a question for you op, Did you insult her's first? Because most of you guys here cry wolf a lot! You leave out your faults and paint the lady bad just to give juicy stories. If you didn't then I wonder what type of girl you roll with

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by PureGoldh(m): 12:35am On May 11, 2020
Hmmmm....She have no right whatsoever to insult my family.

Person wey Dem call make him join chop suya...dey start from onions nii to avoid..."Hey,Oya e Don do"

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Liamm(m): 1:12am On May 11, 2020
Ariza:
I will not take it lightly with my partner if he insults me, now think of what I will do if he insults my family. Thing is no matter how deep or tense partners are they shouldn't hurl insults at one another let alone their families. Its very unhealthy!

But I have a question for you op, Did you insult her's first? Because most of you guys here cry wolf a lot! You leave out your faults and paint the lady bad just to give juicy stories. If you didn't then I wonder what type of girl you roll with
I would never do such. To be more elaborate, she did something that was wrong and she has refused acknowledging the wrong in it. We were having a conversation when she still insisted she wasn't wrong, accused me of doing something I didn't do then referring to my family as 'liars' when she hasn't even had contact with any member. So you see?

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by DaddyRochie1642: 1:33am On May 11, 2020
You Don't Deserve The Title Of Being Called a "Male"

** Shakes Head in Disgust **

** Spits On Op's Head **
Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by AfroKnight: 1:47am On May 11, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Guess you are Indaboski sad

Pahose!

Lion family. cool

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by frozen70(f): 4:50am On May 11, 2020
Liamm:

You guys must have been having issues that are left unresolved

If your family never approved the relationship, it could be one if the reasons she us acting that way

But if your family never dragged her, she shouldn't dragg them

If you love your partner then you must love his family

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by itsRhamzy: 5:02am On May 11, 2020
lol.. see this op for God's sake.

even merely insulting each other playfully, I don't tolerate that shit not to mention my family members. she's already out of my equation should she cross that line.

I'm allergic to uncouth and unguarded gibberish from anybody reason I don't go about infusing insults in my utterances. I don't give what I can't take, and I don't expect you to give me what I didn't give you, so she better learn to adjust to a new life with me by guarding and preventing her tongue from misyarning or they'd be serious consequences.

1 Like

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Akinbahm(m): 8:46am On May 11, 2020
JasonJidenna:
You should just call and end which silly silence?

Someone that doesn't have any respect for your family is who you want to call? Damn!!! What are some guys turning into these days?

My friend, you better stay clear of a disrespectful donkey....

Don't be a PUSSY.

He shouldn't be a pussy or he should come out from that pussy cage he found himself...

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by Akinbahm(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2020
gunners160:

I only c a weak man, if you can't let trivial issues go, I c a strong man if you can settle your differences.

Will you keep quite?

Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by EzzyCarter: 11:13am On May 11, 2020
AfroKnight:

Pahose!

Lion family. cool
grin grin grin
Re: Will You Take It Lightly If Your Partner Insults Your Family? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:37am On May 11, 2020
It depends on what had transpired & what was said. Why did she drag them into the conversation? There must be a reason. You have to be impartial about it because you know, people are not without faults, even family members. They might be precious to you, but she doesn't have to like them because you do, especially if there's some bad blood there. Personally, I believe in free speech & open communication about how one feels, but I wouldn't tolerate name-calling, particularly when it comes to certain members of my family eg. Parents. Like, you can air your grievances but be respectful about it. I would never swear at anyone's parents, out of respect, so I'd expect someone else to also be mindful. Outside of that, they're free to rant & rave to their heart's content, but within reason.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Girls Lose Confidence And Run Away When I Am Coming? / See What Evil People Did To Me After I Made A Comment On Nairaland (pics) / Have You Experienced Something Negative After Sleeping With Women Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.