Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,838 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? (37266 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video) / 8-Lane Highway Linking Port-Harcourt & Obigbo (Pictures & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by VaselineCrew: 11:53am On May 14, 2020
Some roads may have lanes when just constructed, but as soon as they start to fade away, that is the end of the lane marking on that road, almost never to be re-marked again.

Generation after generation of Nigerian drivers keep adapting to the lawlessness of driving on roads without lane markings, further worsening the already chaotic driving situation aided by low level enforcement of law and order by the police force.

I guess to some, we should rejoice at the fact that we even have roads in the first place. Unfortunately, these people are somewhat justified, in the sense that, the unsightly sight of bad roads pervades the entire country.

All in all, we need to promote order in our society and lane markings are a step towards order, at least in terms of road transportation.

You cannot aspire to become a developed country and ignore the details, because the details are far from trivial.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by habsydiamond(m): 11:56am On May 14, 2020
roads dont have lane markings simply because the roads have expired since 1960 our independence and we still dey manage am since.

216 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Vyolet(f): 12:00pm On May 14, 2020
How often do you pass Kubwa Express road in Abuja?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by NwaNimo1(m): 12:04pm On May 14, 2020
costs....plus Nigerians are indisciplined

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 12:05pm On May 14, 2020
we don't have money for marking grin cheesy

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by hothead(m): 12:12pm On May 14, 2020
Your observation is correct. Maybe it can be converted it into an opportunity...Who has tried appling for the jobs Or contract? Maybe kilometer per kilometer

VaselineCrew:
Some roads may have lanes when just constructed, but as soon as they start to fade away, that is the end of the lane marking on that road, almost never to be re-marked again.

Generation after generation of Nigerian drivers keep adapting to the lawlessness of driving on roads without lane markings, further worsening the already chaotic driving situation aided by low level enforcement of law and order by the police force.

I guess to some, we should rejoice at the fact that we even have roads in the first place. Unfortunately, these people are somewhat justified, in the sense that, the unsightly sight of bad roads pervades the entire country.

All in all, we need to promote order in our society and lane markings are a step towards order, at least in terms of road transportation.

You cannot aspire to become a developed country and ignore the details, because the details are far from trivial.

14 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 14, 2020
The roads you see where built before 1960 and were maintained before 1960 There was a framework for the development of Nigeria pre-1960, then greedy Awolowo/Azikiwe/Balewa claimed Nigerians wanted independence. They sought for independence for their selfish agendas, to provide for themselves and their progenies.

To this day the current Political thieves are still miss-managing the roads built by the British.

I am not going to lie, if the British come back and want to take back control of thos country, I will support it because the clowns in power have dragged Nigeria into the medieval ages. Nigeria in 2020 is worse than Nigeria in 1960.

267 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by tayebest(m): 12:16pm On May 14, 2020
Vyolet:
How often do you pass Kubwa Express road in Abuja?

Damn!
That road is just too superb. It deserve to be like that though, because, it's same road that leads to the international airport.

18 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by internationalman(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
You don't even have good roads you are talking about lane marking

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by iaamxavier(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2020
My own problem is why do we still have open drainage in this fvcking 21st century?

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by ChimaAdeoye: 5:05pm On May 14, 2020
VaselineCrew:

How come Nigeria is called a zoo?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by VaselineCrew: 12:17pm On May 15, 2020
hothead:
Your observation is correct. Maybe it can be converted it into an opportunity...Who has tried appling for the jobs Or contract? Maybe kilometer per kilometer

Very good business opportunity bro, if the government is willing to maintain contracts with indigenous companies that will paint/spray lane markings on all our roads.

3 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by unite4real: 12:47pm On May 15, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Reminds me of the song. LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE.

There are many roads in Nigeria with markings from Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Eastern part and South South.

Here in Abuja, the kubwa express way gets markings renewed almost yearly. Same with several roads within the city.

Not all roads in Nigeria have markings. Even in USA and Europe, not all roads have markings. I don't know the reason behind that.

One thing I am sure of is that your point is not correct. Market roads are in many states

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Kinematics: 12:48pm On May 15, 2020
A question that no Nigerian can answer.

4 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Kinematics: 12:49pm On May 15, 2020
unite4real:

Reminds me of the song. LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE.

There are many roads in Nigeria with markings from Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Eastern part and South South.

Here in Abuja, the kubwa express way gets markings renewed almost yearly. Same with several roads within the city.

Not all roads in Nigeria have markings. Even in USA and Europe, not all roads have markings. I don't know the reason behind that.

One thing I am sure of is that your point is not correct. Market roads are in many states

99% of Nigerian roads dont have road markings. Same with road signs. It's not by picking the handful that does.

25 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by unite4real: 12:50pm On May 15, 2020
tayebest:

Damn!
That road is just too superb. It deserve to be like that though, because, it's same road that leads to the international airport.

The kubwa express way is not the one that leads to the airport. We have the airport road which runs from the stadium and Lugbe. It's also like the kubwa express way.

11 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Kinematics: 12:51pm On May 15, 2020
iaamxavier:
My own problem is why do we still have open drainage in this fvcking 21st century?

Building roads with open drainage is cheaper. Our people like it cheap grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 15, 2020
Dem don chop the money
Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Kinematics: 12:54pm On May 15, 2020
KINEMATICZ:

What about PORT HARCOURT that doesn't have road at all but filled with shanties cheesy

I'm happy you follow me everywhere I go. Celebrity things...

My dog keep following me, you are doing a good job...
Dont forget to bring your friends, I need lots of them to be cleaning my behind...

8 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by IGBOSON1: 1:00pm On May 15, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:
The roads you see where built before 1960 and were maintained before 1960 There was a framework for the development of Nigeria pre-1960, then greedy Awolowo/Azikiwe/Balewa claimed Nigerians wanted independence. They sought for independence for their selfish agendas, to provide for themselves and their progenies.

To this day the current Political thieves are still miss-managing the roads built by the British.

I am not going to lie, if the British come back and want to take back control of thos country, I will support it because the clowns in power have dragged Nigeria into the medieval ages. Nigeria in 2020 is worse than Nigeria in 1960.

Hehehehe grin grin grin
Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by unite4real: 1:00pm On May 15, 2020
Kinematics:

99% of Nigerian roads dont have road markings. Same with road signs. It's not by picking the handful that does.

What I have below are not Niger republic.

99% is a wrong concluding answer unless u are counting untarred roads and bush paths. Most roads with networks are in the cities. Lekki, Ikeja, Maitama, Asaba, Kaduna, Kano cities, Ibadan. You can be generalizing with outskirt roads.

I agree a lot of roads have no.markings but to say 99%, that's totally wrong it means LANDLORD NEEDS TO TRAVEL AND SEE

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Kinematics: 1:04pm On May 15, 2020
unite4real:

What I have below are not Niger republic.

99% is a wrong concluding answer unless u are counting untarred roads and bush paths. Most roads with networks are in the cities. Lekki, Ikeja, Maitama, Asaba, Kaduna, Kano cities, Ibadan. You can be generalizing with outskirt roads.

I agree a lot of roads have no.markings but to say 99%, that's totally wrong it means LANDLORD NEEDS TO TRAVEL AND SEE

Even the areas u mentioned does not have upto 30% marked roads. Remember naija is more than what you just mentioned. I repeat 99% of roads in Nigeria are not marked. I'm talking about Nigeria, not just one or 2 roads in a city.

Guess you ain't looking at the bigger picture.

The pictures you are showing are not even up to 1%of the roads in Nigeria.
Show me 1 marked road in Nigeria and I'll show you 1000 unmarked roads in Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by unite4real: 1:10pm On May 15, 2020
Kinematics:

Even the areas u mentioned does not have upto 30% marked roads. Remember naija is more than what you just mentioned. I repeat 99% of roads in Nigeria are not marked. I'm talking about Nigeria, not just one or 2 roads in a city.

You don't talk about marking nigeria but roads. Roads with traffic. The essence of road markings is to guide traffic. Some roads do not fall into that criteria and so require no markings.

Your 99% still leave me with LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE.

Check out Kaduna below

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by unite4real: 1:16pm On May 15, 2020
Kinematics:

The pictures you are showing are not even up to 1%of the roads in Nigeria.
Show me 1 marked road in Nigeria and I'll show you 1000 unmarked roads in Nigeria.

Below are roads in US, CANADA and Europe.

Everybody get his own headache until LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE before knowing

7 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Kinematics: 1:17pm On May 15, 2020
unite4real:

You don't talk about marking nigeria but roads. Roads with traffic. The essence of road markings is to guide traffic. Some roads do not fall into that criteria and so require no markings.

Your 99% still leave me with LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE.

Check out Kaduna below

I leave you to your belief. Guess what you see in Nigeria to you is what marked roads should be. Where a city will have just 5-10 marked roads and the rest is just there without any marking or road sign.

The travel and see you are screaming should indeed be addressed to you, because its obvious you've not travelled, you only dwell on online pictures and lies online.
Reality is different from what you are thinking... unless you live in a different Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? by Kinematics: 1:18pm On May 15, 2020
unite4real:

Below are roads in US, CANADA and Europe.

Everybody get his own headache until LANDLORD TRAVEL AND SEE before knowing

I can see you are only trying to be a patriotic Nigerian. Keep it up.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania / Driver Crashes Into A Residential Building After Accident Caused By Insect. Pics / Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.